Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

rjmccall posted:

I mean, it’s Game 7.

Nothing easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Zogobot, a few years ago you determined that 18 points in the 4th quarter was when a lead became "safe." Is that still the case a few years later? How about in the playoffs?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I can’t wait for Haliburton’s bitch rear end to be humbled

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I can't wait for msg to progressively get more and more quiet in the fourth quarter.

New York, you have a mid rear end team and you still managed to be obnoxious about them. I love Jalen Brunson but you've managed to make him seem almost unlikable by association.

Congrats and enjoy your well earned break, failures.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RCarr posted:

I can’t wait for Haliburton’s bitch rear end to be humbled

Might not happen this season

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I can't wait for msg to progressively get more and more quiet in the fourth quarter.

New York, you have a mid rear end team and you still managed to be obnoxious about them. I love Jalen Brunson but you've managed to make him seem almost unlikable by association.

is my feed a quarter behind

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

lol this is like hating the Mets

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

lol this is like hating the Mets

The Knicks may be the Mets in terms of on-court/field product but the fan base is absolutely Yankees

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah I dunno I like this Knicks team, Knicks fans are a bit annoying but that comes off more endearing since like they rarely have anything to get this excited about.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they get this excited about everything tho. they were this excited about zingis first 20 games

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve never even given a thought to the fan base of another team in any sport, so I guess I don’t really understand choosing that for a reason to dislike a team :shrug:

Alaois posted:

its called The McMagic Effect

Fair enough lol

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 19, 2024

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Dexo posted:

Yeah I dunno I like this Knicks team, Knicks fans are a bit annoying but that comes off more endearing since like they rarely have anything to get this excited about.

Sure, the players are cool. But no matter how much I respect Jalen Brunson, I will never not say "gently caress the Knicks." There is nothing I will enjoy more if the Pacers pull this off than the gallery of broken-hearted meatballs as the Knicks lose game 7.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ghost Dog posted:

they get this excited about everything tho. they were this excited about zingis first 20 games

It's why I said endearing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alaois posted:

I finally broke my rule about never using ignore and it improved my posting experience tremendously, highly recommended

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I also enjoy knowing your dumb coach is destroying the bodies of your best players by overplaying them, ensuring they end up as broken and crippled as Patrick Ewing ended up.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m writing an enormous callout post over dokmo’s TJ McConnell take.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I also enjoy knowing your dumb coach is destroying the bodies of your best players by overplaying them, ensuring they end up as broken and crippled as Patrick Ewing ended up.

:chloe:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

that is a very cruel thing to enjoy.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

things sweet baby knicks fans have been irrationally excited by, off the dome:
-phil jackson gm
-jeremy lin
-mitchrob
-eddy curry
-post-phoenix starbury
-zinger
-jason kidd
-rj barrett
-amare
-jordan hill
-renaldo balkman
-nene
-landry fields
-zbo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Nene???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
post the gif of zbo losing the ball, gathering it, airballing a 35 foot three and then isiah shakes his head

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

piratepilates posted:

that is a very cruel thing to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apL9JhNL8Jw

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Declan MacManus posted:

-phil jackson gm
-jeremy lin
-mitchrob
-eddy curry
-post-phoenix starbury
-zinger
-jason kidd
-rj barrett
-amare
-jordan hill
-renaldo balkman
-nene
-landry fields
-zbo

yeah it happens like 5 times a year every year, its not rare

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

New York wants all the smoke I thought?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

is new york in the thread with us now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Reminder that 3 pacers who have literally never been on the team until like a couple years ago made the conference finals before Joel Embiid

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I completely forgot that one of the Melo years they won 17 games with Derek Fisher as coach. What an era.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tae posted:

Reminder that 3 pacers who have literally never been on the team until like a couple years ago made the conference finals before Joel Embiid
TJ McConnell the most successful process Sixers player

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

draft night trade, very short lived excitement

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I wish the tv feed would show a closeup of that ghoul Spike Lee, and the TV feed delivers. Poetry.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tae posted:

The power of two legs

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I think Porzingis made sense to be excited about for that brief window.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

And they're starting to walk out. Wrap it up, nyfailures. Another disappointing season

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Linsanity was fun, can't hate on it. It helped that I actually caught a game of him playing for Harvard.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

-phil jackson gm
-jeremy lin
-mitchrob
-eddy curry
-post-phoenix starbury
-zinger
-jason kidd
-rj barrett
-amare
-jordan hill
-renaldo balkman
-nene
-landry fields
-zbo

no melo?? an afterthought, even as a knick

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Just wild

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
JJ to TJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol knicks