Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

fuzzknot posted:

That is the most sensible thing anyone has said about Star Citizen so far.

I hope Derek Smart doesn't point to his blog and indicate he said a more sensible thing at the start of this whole universe

That would be too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Gilganixon posted:

can someone hook me up with the designs for those ramming parpships for Star Plebean, I'm too lazy to hunt through this thread to look for them and i want them for a comic

Check your PMs. Dreams are in there....

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

AP posted:

They backed down, likely because we were talking about it, Derek Smart learnt about it. Pushing it would likely have resulted in zero additional money plus a whale and his friend losing faith and maybe losing more money though chargebacks/refunds.

I love the idea that it took them ages to figure out what hundreds of people were doing in 2013 by LTI laundering, mind you it's possible it's true as the CIG community staff is all new and gifting/melting/buying with credit to get LTI, regifting was dumb as hell even by normal Star Citizen standards of dumb.

Whew, that guy really dodged a bullet on that one, CIG is completely within their rights to charge him for another person's chargeback

Hey! He knew the risks when he donated and received a jpeg as a thank you gift!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

fuzzknot posted:

How about a knitted robot?

EXTERMIKNIT.

But can you knit an Idris?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZc5wrYu9Lo

Can't wait till this gets added to Star Citizen.

Frontier will have launched two games, Star Citizen still in pre-alpha.

Wow, that actually looks amazing.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Scruffpuff posted:

Sorry; I only knit things that exist.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

:iceburn:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

:lol::lol::lol:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

We all knew the risks that came with this posting assignment

You all know what to do

:justpost:

:pgabz:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Croobie

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

Not a fan of avant-garde rhetorical knots then?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crobfarts

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

fuzzknot posted:

It was the correct spelling of "purl" that threw me.

EXTERMIKNIT.

What about a teddy bear made from a plastic robot?

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Cringe Robbers.

Am I doin it right?

e: forgot :pgabz:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Croobie's JPEG Shack: Home of the Dick Pic

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

fuzzknot posted:

EXTERMIKNIT.

THEY'RE NOT ROBOTS! They're cybernetic mutants!

So triggered!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So I played Elite: Dangerous last night. Killed an NPC and got yelled at and fined for not knowing how to land my ship :saddowns:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Chalks posted:

That's awesome :D

Thank you. That's more than can be said about the Dalek my boss tried to knit. It really wasn't that difficult a pattern, but she's one of the worst knitters I've ever seen. She had to rip it out and begin again several times, and even at that, she completely hosed it up. Instead of the neat panels created by the knit stitches (with the black bobbles) and the purl stitches in between, she somehow either skipped or repeated a step, and her panels were all skewed looking. It was also about three times too big, and she couldn't figure out how the base was supposed to go together. I shrugged and pretended I had no idea how to fix it.

Yesterday she came in with a particularly hideous scarf she was making on needles far too big, so the scarf is more like a net than anything either practical or pretty. (I guess that makes it an ideal contender for a space scarf?)

The sad part is she thinks she's actually good at it. I don't understand how people can be so blind. I know I'm a reasonably gifted knitter, but I've had too many fuckups of my own to pretend I'm one of the best knitters in the world and have been ever since I was a little girl.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I just cut my desk at work in half. It's way more comfortable now.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well, not in half. In quarter. In quarters? I removed 1/4th of it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Worked for CIG when they removed Star Marine.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

fuzzknot posted:

Thank you. That's more than can be said about the Dalek my boss tried to knit. It really wasn't that difficult a pattern, but she's one of the worst knitters I've ever seen. She had to rip it out and begin again several times, and even at that, she completely hosed it up. Instead of the neat panels created by the knit stitches (with the black bobbles) and the purl stitches in between, she somehow either skipped or repeated a step, and her panels were all skewed looking. It was also about three times too big, and she couldn't figure out how the base was supposed to go together. I shrugged and pretended I had no idea how to fix it.

Yesterday she came in with a particularly hideous scarf she was making on needles far too big, so the scarf is more like a net than anything either practical or pretty. (I guess that makes it an ideal contender for a space scarf?)

The sad part is she thinks she's actually good at it. I don't understand how people can be so blind. I know I'm a reasonably gifted knitter, but I've had too many fuckups of my own to pretend I'm one of the best knitters in the world and have been ever since I was a little girl.

You should check out Ravelry if you aren't a member yet. My wife knits up crazy awesome stuff she finds on Ravelry. She made me a a knitted viking hat with beard this winter and I'm trying to convince her to make a matching one for the cat now.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

So I played Elite: Dangerous last night. Killed an NPC and got yelled at and fined for not knowing how to land my ship :saddowns:
You're lucky you weren't killed. Parking violations are serious loving business in the Elite world.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

I see you understand how to sell a desk at maximum profit

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AP posted:

They backed down, likely because we were talking about it, Derek Smart learnt about it. Pushing it would likely have resulted in zero additional money plus a whale and his friend losing faith and maybe losing more money though chargebacks/refunds.

I love the idea that it took them ages to figure out what hundreds of people were doing in 2013 by LTI laundering, mind you it's possible it's true as the CIG community staff is all new and gifting/melting/buying with credit to get LTI, regifting was dumb as hell even by normal Star Citizen standards of dumb.

I guess if they hold you liable for content passing through your account, you might actually be able to refund everything which went through that account.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Worked for CIG when they removed Star Marine.

It really annoys me when people keep asking "What did you do with a quarter of my desk?" because all those pieces - that's already in there. You already have it.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Tippis posted:

THEY'RE NOT ROBOTS! They're cybernetic mutants!

So triggered!

Oops. Sorry.

runsamok posted:

What about a teddy bear made from a plastic robot?

:yikes: Now THAT'S triggering.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Not a fan of avant-garde rhetorical knots then?

Funny you should mention that; I knitted a figure eight knot Klein bottle hat and matching Moebius scarf years ago for a math professor. I based the cable pattern on a photo he showed me:

The pictures of the hat and scarf look like complete and utter shite, sadly, but I had fun with the pattern design.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crisp Rubbers

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

I just cut my desk at work in half. It's way more comfortable now.

Uh. Well. It sounds like your workplace is better than mine.

HexDog posted:

You should check out Ravelry if you aren't a member yet. My wife knits up crazy awesome stuff she finds on Ravelry. She made me a a knitted viking hat with beard this winter and I'm trying to convince her to make a matching one for the cat now.

Yeah, I'm on there, though I never really use it. I was pleased to note that the pattern for the Compo hat from Last of the Summer Wine (I posted it here a while back) got rave reviews. :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

Uh. Well. It sounds like your workplace is better than mine.

Yeah, I'm on there, though I never really use it. I was pleased to note that the pattern for the Compo hat from Last of the Summer Wine (I posted it here a while back) got rave reviews. :)

Are you not allowed to go apeshit with company provided power tools whenever you want?

That sucks.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

If you donate you are liable because words are non-binding and irreverent to the majesty of vision whereas money funds dreams, words should not be heeded, be careful, be a responsible donater

Don't just buy donate and receive a JPEG if you can't look after it, if you want to donate and help CIG you should be ethical about it

send a pizza or something

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Goobs posted:

Anyone else have at least 1 eyebrow perked the whole time watching this?

Well, its hard to tell, but if she is really insane, as in "No ammount of medication or therapy can fix her, just give paliative care untill she snap out of it or die" then i guess she can be a cat (or a unicorn) all she want.

But if she is just a young lady unable to face the challenges and responsibilities of being a human in modern times then my answer is "Get help" or maybe every community need a village idiot to make people remember that things could be worse.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

Are you not allowed to go apeshit with company provided power tools whenever you want?

That sucks.

No, but my workplace is ghetto AF and hardly has any power tools anyway.

The best I can do is secretly throw away useless/ugly/expired poo poo my idiot boss thinks is okay to give to customers.

It's not good enough.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

Funny you should mention that; I knitted a figure eight knot Klein bottle hat and matching Moebius scarf years ago for a math professor. I based the cable pattern on a photo he showed me:

The pictures of the hat and scarf look like complete and utter shite, sadly, but I had fun with the pattern design.

Impressive stuff that you attempted such a thing, I didn't even know you could do that! And you shouldn't worry about the pictures looking bad, Star Citizen has just made you numb to the value of JPEGs, that's all.

A stitch in time is worth triple in the stimpire

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/456h02/ive_only_just_realised_how_desensitized_sc_has/czvoft9

87 points :)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

LuiCypher posted:

Croobie's JPEG Shack: Home of the Dick Pic

Imagine how much you'd have to donate for a Croobiest Maximas.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

runsamok posted:

Don't be so quick to cast off. She may have some purls of wisdom. But even if she doesn't, no skein off my nose.

Not to knitpick too much, but I already felt the loom of her angora.

:effort:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
CIG are so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Mr.Tophat posted:

Impressive stuff that you attempted such a thing, I didn't even know you could do that! And you shouldn't worry about the pictures looking bad, Star Citizen has just made you numb to the value of JPEGs, that's all.

A stitch in time is worth triple in the stimpire

I can have pretty pictures of fake things or ugly pictures of real things. Sad.

Too bad I no longer have the hat or scarf; I could redo the photos. Oh well.

Moebius scarf:

Klein bottle hat:

The Moebius scarf has a pattern of figure eight knots, alternating facing in or out since that was the only way I could make it reversible. The Klein bottle hat has the same pattern in the widest parts with infinity signs spaced throughout the decreasing areas.

• Locked thread