Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Relevant Tangent posted:

You don't think that has more to do with who you know? My nieces and nephews all love the Switch and indeed Nintendo in general. It can't just be middle-agers as the majority of users for them imo

???
Those aren't mutually exclusive.
I love the Switch as well, I just wish it was as cute and customizable as the 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

If they repaired joy cons for free, what are the damages?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Spacebump posted:

If they repaired joy cons for free, what are the damages?

Lost gaming time

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Inzombiac posted:

Which is silly because everyone I know with a switch is in their 30s/40s and desperately miss how cute the 3DS was.
For what it's worth, I traded in my 3DS for a Switch for the discount and sort of regret it, but having said all that, I'd do it the same way all over again v:shobon:v

e: typing is hard

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 14, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Never sell your Nintendo consoles

I don't even see that many 3dses at retro shops anymore, good luck ever getting the new nintendo 3ds small ever again, as well

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I bought a brand new New 2DS XL in 2020 and it’s sat mostly unused on my desk for years. Just finally broke it out a few days ago and it kinda rules. Gonna catch up on all the games I missed.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Meowywitch posted:

Never sell your consoles

Truth.
I sold my Neo geo pocket color for like $50 with games back in the day.
Bought a vita for $100 in 2014?, traded it for a N3DSXL in 2017ish and sort of regretted it. Ended up finally buying another Vita last year for $125. I think I came out even on inflation but it originally came with a bunch of games like Personal 4 Golden which I had no interest in ever playing. Also I found a 2DSXL at goodwill back in the early covid days and sold it for what I paid for it which was pretty cheap. I kind of regret letting that go too.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

Never sell your Nintendo consoles
good luck ever getting the new nintendo 3ds small ever again, as well
That’s the one I traded in for the Switch.

Oh well :saddowns:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I do hope Nintendo takes some of the more popular 3DS games and develops ports for Switch or Switch 2. Strip out all of the dual-screen, touchscreen, blow into the microphone gimmicks and give us versions that can exist in perpetuity on modern and future hardware. I’m thinking like Kid Icarus Uprising, Link Between Worlds, and Mario 3D Land.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Kevyn posted:

I do hope Nintendo takes some of the more popular 3DS games and develops ports for Switch or Switch 2. Strip out all of the dual-screen, touchscreen, blow into the microphone gimmicks and give us versions that can exist in perpetuity on modern and future hardware. I’m thinking like Kid Icarus Uprising, Link Between Worlds, and Mario 3D Land.

:hai:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Meowywitch posted:

good luck ever getting the new nintendo 3ds small ever again, as well

I go looking for old systems a lot and I see literally every flavour of 3DS except the smaller N3DS. People who got those do not want to give them up.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

njsykora posted:

I go looking for old systems a lot and I see literally every flavour of 3DS except the smaller N3DS. People who got those do not want to give them up.
Well yeah, they released like 3 of them in the US, and they were all "special" releases.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Has the Nintendo store always had so many $2 hentai games?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Yes, ever since the N3DSXXX.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think there's been an uptick this year in particular. Used to be you would see a few a month, now it feels like at least one a day

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just make sure every new console has a stylus and blow hole. Bing bong futureproof ports

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeYLP5uerGQ

Mario Land wasn't on there already?!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Alleyway motherfuckers

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I felt like Super Mario Land, Alleyway, and Baseball (GB) was the first 3DS virtual console offering, too, except I checked and it was Radar Mission instead of Baseball (which did still come pretty early).
Donkey Kong '94 was only 10 days after launch, too, and that's still not on Switch, either...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I have actually never played Super Mario Land. Or SML2 for that matter.

Looking forward to it.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

All three were launch games on the original GB, alongside Tennis and the pack-in Tetris

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Super Mario Land is great. I like the floaty jump
physics and the bouncy fireball. Wish it had more levels. The side scrolling shooter levels are great addition too.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i was just wishing for some mario land this afternoon. thank you mr. nintendo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think there's been an uptick this year in particular. Used to be you would see a few a month, now it feels like at least one a day

sex sells (for 2 dollars)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PUSSY IN BIO

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

But who's buying??

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Japan gets that frog for whom the bell tolls game too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4czuDKwgc8

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

someone makes this post every other week so yeah probably

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Kevyn posted:

I always wanted the Mario golf game that thing had

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Kevyn posted:

3d remakes of OoT and MM plz and thx

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kevyn posted:

A fun conversation i've been having with friends is how insanely good Nintendo's lineup for the rest of the Switch's life would be if it was just 3DS ports. Those, the Ocarina/Majora's Mask ports, Samus Returns running at 60 and looking even better, the SMTIVs, Kirby Planet Robobot,

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i'd like a new kirby in the style of robobot

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kevyn posted:

I seem to recall Sakurai saying that a Kid Icarus port to Switch would be effectively impossible, with the implication being that it wasn't for technical reasons. IIRC the studio behind that assembled for just that one game and disbanded straight afterwards, so that might be one of the reasons why.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kevyn posted:

Alleyway motherfuckers

That just unlocked childhood memories I forgot I had.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh, Super Mario Land. That was the first Mario-game I ever played. Was kind of funny, the side-scrolling levels made me realize that side-scrolling shooters could be nice, too.

Also :lol: Alleyway.

We got our SNES and a bunch of Game Boys at the same time, but our SNES only had Mario Kart, so I got to play Mario World only later, long after I had already gotten a cheap copy of Mario Land and played it to death first

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

I always wanted the Mario golf game that thing had

I really liked that game, and that's coming from someone who currently has 400+ hours in Mario Golf: Super Rush on the Switch :golf:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The Kins posted:

I seem to recall Sakurai saying that a Kid Icarus port to Switch would be effectively impossible, with the implication being that it wasn't for technical reasons. IIRC the studio behind that assembled for just that one game and disbanded straight afterwards, so that might be one of the reasons why.

I don’t know, he did sort of hint at a Switch port about a year and a half ago.

quote:

Sakurai signs off with the following: "It sure would be nice to play Kid Icarus: Uprising on a home console. I wonder if someone will ever port it?"

Whether that’s an actual hint that it’s in development or just him wishing out loud is anyone’s guess, but I don’t think he’d say that if it was impossible.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I mean, the 3DS version itself has a control scheme option that allows you to play without the touchscreen (though it’s much more awkward to use) so I’d say it’s entirely possible to port it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1790800420626944194?s=46&t=HG8zaakwKFN_wxqPkyd00g