Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackchamber posted:

What was the flap issue with the headmaster weirdwolf?

I grabbed him, mindwipe, and skullcruncher from walmart.

Basically, the cockpit flap puts standard hard (but fairly thin) plastic on the same pin-hinge as a translucent, soft formulation of plastic. These two materials react differently to changes in temperature, friction, and other environmental factors. The red soft translucent plastic expands and contracts; the hard yellow plastic snaps because of the stresses it's under mechancially both as a hinged mechanism and being bound to the trans soft red window plastic.

It's also possible that chemical processes/leakage from the red plastic contributes to this fragility; it certainly seems to be a factor on Mindwarp's wings, which have the same problem, but slower and more catastrophically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

The_Doctor posted:

According to Peaugh’s review it’s the last page in the manual?

Yep. It is a little odd he doesn't just come in that configuration but it is in there.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Homora Gaykemi posted:

They're really neat, and definitely worth it if you can find them around retail price.

Honestly I'd have bought up any cassette packs Hasbro put out to go with him if they'd done like the little monkey and dino guy and stuff, Soundwave is just that good. I want the whole family
:hmmyes:

runwiled posted:

Oooo~ Let me know how much they'd want for it because the markups I'm seeing on ebay are ridiculous (Someone in Japan is being a chancer and asking for over $4000). Don't go out of your way and expose yourself to the plague on my account though.
I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they have one.

ETA:

DoctorWhat posted:

Basically, the cockpit flap puts standard hard (but fairly thin) plastic on the same pin-hinge as a translucent, soft formulation of plastic. These two materials react differently to changes in temperature, friction, and other environmental factors. The red soft translucent plastic expands and contracts; the hard yellow plastic snaps because of the stresses it's under mechancially both as a hinged mechanism and being bound to the trans soft red window plastic.

It's also possible that chemical processes/leakage from the red plastic contributes to this fragility; it certainly seems to be a factor on Mindwarp's wings, which have the same problem, but slower and more catastrophically.
I actually just this week was sorting out stuff to go into storage and noticed that Krok had been left sitting too close to the radiator over the winter. The rubbery plastic of his teeth was fine, but the paint under them had melted and bonded to them. It took a bit of effort to get his mouth to open again. I wonder if it's the same problem?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Happy Unicronmas, everyone. I skipped it for the single solitary reason of "where the gently caress am I gonna put it"

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

According to Peaugh’s review it’s the last page in the manual?

It shows you how to change it back from stand setting, but not to stand setting. It's of no real help initially anyway, because in the setup at the beginning of the manual it just shows the planet being placed on the stand. No detail, no "see page XX for details," no nothing. It's just a dumb oversight.

Also weird change: the ring connectors are grey instead of orange as shown in the manual and the product shots, not just the planet maw area. Not a big deal but it adds grey spots to the rings that shouldn't be there. The maw looks bad with the grey; it doesn't ruin the mode or anything but it's just bizarre they did that. Plastic strength issue, maybe? Minor things but goddamn for the money this cost there shouldn't be any avoidable minor things at all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

MP Skids and "Reboost"

Reboost apparently comes with the little Motocompo scooter that Skids' diaclone versions had

Aw man, no Crosscut?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not yet, anyway. I hope there will be, but I'm still waiting to see a toy-deco Sunstreaker

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Keldroc posted:

Unicron has arrived. All I can say is that for $600 they could have had a section in the instructions that explained how to configure him to fit on the loving stand. Idiotic.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that was confused as hell about the stand.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

Not yet, anyway. I hope there will be, but I'm still waiting to see a toy-deco Sunstreaker

MP Spinout comes with extra stickers to give MP Sunstreaker his red shoulders and rear wheel wells and a couple other Diaclone air intake and spoiler stickers. I didn't use mine.

Also, apparently that Japanese announcement also mentions MP Skyfire and Unite Warriors-scaled Raiden according to some Facebook groups I'm in? I cannot read Japanese at all.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

MP Spinout comes with extra stickers to give MP Sunstreaker his red shoulders and rear wheel wells and a couple other Diaclone air intake and spoiler stickers. I didn't use mine.

Also, apparently that Japanese announcement also mentions MP Skyfire and Unite Warriors-scaled Raiden according to some Facebook groups I'm in? I cannot read Japanese at all.

MP Skyfire, right after this amazing Siege Jetfire? That seems a little too quick.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Raiden is still MP-grade, it just won't be fuckhuge. Hoping for CW Devvy size but All Built In

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Oh neato, I didn't know that. Upon reflection, what I actually want is "Spinout's deco, but yellow, with the Sunstreaker head". I find the body-colored window frames make Sunny's car mode look flabby. I know I could probably paint it myself, but Badcube Sunsurge has been standing me in good stead for years, so why bother?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1375282888313167878

C...can we get a Nendroid Thew?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Not sure if the beard would translate well, sadly.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/113591

Should be fine.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sounds like an official MP Skyfire is in the works. I wouldn't think it possible to improve on FT Phoenix, but it should be an interesting head-to-head comparison.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Sounds like an official MP Skyfire is in the works. I wouldn't think it possible to improve on FT Phoenix, but it should be an interesting head-to-head comparison.

My wife is gonna loving kill me

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone has to go sometime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fanstoys Cyclonus reissue announced. Best get while you can.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Everyone has to go sometime.

Didn’t say I wasn’t gonna buy it anyway, just letting you guys know who the murderer will be so you can tell the cops

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Unicron has arrived, he is big. Will live on the dining room table for a few days.

PrimeVsPrime shows the 'correct' way to attach the stand, or prepare the bottom of the planet mode for the stand, in his Unicron Q&A video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byCdcSvmUQc
go to ~1:56.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

If we're all very very good, and eat our vegetables and take our vitamins, MP Skyfire will be an officially licensed* and repainted Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1S

*in Japan, because gently caress Harmony Gold

e: Got about as much chance of happening as a licensed MP Jazz at this point, so why not dream big

Phy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 26, 2021

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Good lord Kingdom Dinobot is magic in ways only comparable to Cyclonus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Someone talk me into/out of buying a bunch of obscure European-only G2 bots on eBay. They’re complete and in great condition, but they’re not exactly cheap. I can afford to buy them but I probably shouldn’t spend that much money on transforming robots.
:rodimus:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Xenomrph posted:

Someone talk me into/out of buying a bunch of obscure European-only G2 bots on eBay. They’re complete and in great condition, but they’re not exactly cheap. I can afford to buy them but I probably shouldn’t spend that much money on transforming robots.

Don't do it, unless you really want to, then go ahead.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

Turbomasters aren't strictly G2, but, are there Turbomasters?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Keldroc posted:

Normally I'm an MP snob (even if they have basically priced me out), but....doesn't Siege Jetfire basically scratch that itch?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

GD_American posted:

Normally I'm an MP snob (even if they have basically priced me out), but....doesn't Siege Jetfire basically scratch that itch?

If it's anything like other recent MPs it will be prohibitively expensive and only slightly better than Siege.

Also GOOD LORD Unicron is awesome.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Phy posted:

Turbomasters aren't strictly G2, but, are there Turbomasters?

4 Turbomasters, 2 Predators, and a Stormtrooper.

If you scoop these out from under me SO HELP ME GOD. :tfrxmas:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Fuckin’ do it

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

4 Turbomasters, 2 Predators, and a Stormtrooper.

If you scoop these out from under me SO HELP ME GOD. :tfrxmas:

fuckin' do it

Everyone should get to experience Turbomaster missiles. I still have the original Rotorstorm (gently caress knows where all his missiles went) cause they weren't Europe-exclusive, they were Europe-and-Canada exclusive.

e: Did you ever blast yourself in the eye with Thrilling 30 Jetfire's hairtrigger launcher? Turbomaster missiles elevate that experience from startling to alarming.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I did it; someone else grabbed the Stormtrooper (Aquablast, the one I was actually most excited about) so I pulled the trigger on the other six (Scorch, Boss, Hurricane, Flash, Skydive, and Snare)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

Good lord Kingdom Dinobot is magic in ways only comparable to Cyclonus.

Are the knees and thigh rotation joints super tight on yours?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

I did it; someone else grabbed the Stormtrooper (Aquablast, the one I was actually most excited about) so I pulled the trigger on the other six (Scorch, Boss, Hurricane, Flash, Skydive, and Snare)

Dude, that's so (literally) boss.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Phy posted:

If we're all very very good, and eat our vegetables and take our vitamins, MP Skyfire will be an officially licensed* and repainted Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1S

*in Japan, because gently caress Harmony Gold

e: Got about as much chance of happening as a licensed MP Jazz at this point, so why not dream big

That's a bad dream to me. Skyfire isn't a Valkyrie, he's specifically the redesigned character from the show. I have no real fondness for the Valkyrie version, despite owning it as a kid. No shortage of Valkyries if I want those. Only one MP Skyfire so far. Another one wouldn't be unwelcome.

GD_American posted:

Not remotely. Siege Jetfire is a great figure, one of Hasbro's best, but he is not an MP, either in scale or quality.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Xenomrph posted:

Is Flash fully intact? If so may I humbly suggest never transforming him because his shoulders will absolutely shear themselves apart.
That mafk was my first Transformer ever, followed by Boss and Thunderclash so I have a soft spot for that line.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Not remotely. Siege Jetfire is a great figure, one of Hasbro's best, but he is not an MP, either in scale or quality.

Right, he's not 20% paint by weight and he actually has a panel line or two :diss:

Realtalk though, I'm excited to see what the engineering is going to be like on Raiden and Skyfire, even though there's almost no way I'm splashing out for either. So far it's turning out that Official Skids is the only MP-scale figure that I'm interested in at all this year, after both the 3P Movie Blitzwings wound up with jet mode proportions that made them look like chibi F-4s.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Diet Poison posted:

Is Flash fully intact? If so may I humbly suggest never transforming him because his shoulders will absolutely shear themselves apart.
That mafk was my first Transformer ever, followed by Boss and Thunderclash so I have a soft spot for that line.

Flash is complete, yeah. The listing pics showed him in both robot and vehicle modes

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got Kingdom Black Arachnia. Great figure, but it looks like someone took out the trading card for some reason? Huh? Are those actually worth anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Got Kingdom Black Arachnia. Great figure, but it looks like someone took out the trading card for some reason? Huh? Are those actually worth anything?

If you stick one in your bicycle spokes it kinda sounds like a motorcycle!