Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Vintersorg posted:

I have the battle damaged one and you're probably right, they really nailed it. Instead of pumping out Iron Man's they should start pumping out Schwarzenegger figures. Conan, Running Man, Kindergarten Cop, Junior, etc etc. I would kill for a Pumping Iron figure with a 'Arnold is Numero Uno' shirt.

EDIT: You can't laugh either as they put this poo poo out:

The mechanic figure looks loving awesome. Best part of the trilogy is his stealth level :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
So, NECA is going to be making figures based of of the classsic and modern Godzilla films:http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/NECA_To_Create_Godzilla_Action_Figures_156445.asp

Between this, Alien and Predator, NECA is gonna make me bankrupt this year.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of NECA, they had their new 'Alien' 1979 v2 figure and 'Aliens' Blue Warrior figure on Amazon for like $22 a pop, so I caved and got them both. With Prime shipping, they'll be here tomorrow.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got that 79 Alien too. Holy poo poo, it's better then I expected. And it was under 20 bucks at TRU. That was surprising.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of NECA, they had their new 'Alien' 1979 v2 figure and 'Aliens' Blue Warrior figure on Amazon for like $22 a pop, so I caved and got them both. With Prime shipping, they'll be here tomorrow.

That's cool. I think you'll really love the '79 Xeno, he is re-sculpted from the ground up, and can be put in most of the iconic poses. I take it you didn't want to get Sgt. Windrix? I needed him for the sleeved body and flame unit myself.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I needed Windrix for his piano skills!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I passed on Windrix. I kinda wish they'd used that slot for something movie-related instead of using it for one of the sculptor's vanity projects disguised as "b-b-b-b-but cancer!".

If they'd offered Windrix as an exclusive on NECA's site and had a portion of the proceeds go to cancer research, I think that would have been a lot cooler. poo poo, I'd have bought one out of principle. It also would have freed up a wave slot to sell something at mass retail that doesn't make people say "who the heck is this?"

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It was supposed to be Apone but the licensing didn't work out last minute so they did a quicky new head and popped it on him. They wanted a marine in the series, so generic was based of the sculpter's brother.

It was hardly a vanity project, but keeping the series afloat when they hit a bump.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Is Mattel done with production of the WWE Rumblers?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Just had my first QC issue with a NECA figure. To be fair it was partially my fault. One of the closed fists on my Soldier figure had its wrist tilt frozen by paint. Got impatient, tried to slowly force it instead of removing the paint and potentially messing up the plastic. The ring of the wrist tilt cracked off instead of moving. Luckily it was a closed fist so he can still use all his weapons and the weapon-holding hands can sort of double as fists, but it still sucks that it happened at all.

So how's NECA work with replacement parts? Is it worth contacting them?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They are pretty terrible about replacement stuff. Not that they won't do it but if you don't keep on them forever it will go nowhere.

Did you buy it at a store? May be better to go and try to return it. Or do the dishonest thing of buying another one at TRU and then returning the broken one.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Bought it online from Valve's store. Are they better with this?

Edit: Used the item code before it broke, in case that makes a difference.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Tough one.

You are up against two companies with notably bad customer service. Is try Valve first, then go to NECA. NECA will do it eventually, but you gotta keep on them.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Eh, sounds like it's not worth it then. It's not like the closed fist really served any purpose except being slightly more fist-like than his other hands.

Edit: Thanks for the help by the way.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Red posted:

Is Mattel done with production of the WWE Rumblers?

Yes. They're trying to rebrand them as similarly styled, stretchy-armed Slam City http://www.wrestlingfigs.com/inner2.php?id=24391&page_id=1

Sucks, I really liked Rumblers. I still need to find the last wave with Macho Man in it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yes. They're trying to rebrand them as similarly styled, stretchy-armed Slam City http://www.wrestlingfigs.com/inner2.php?id=24391&page_id=1

Sucks, I really liked Rumblers. I still need to find the last wave with Macho Man in it.

Ugh.

The little Rumblers (sans action "features") are amazing little figures. I got the Sheamus/Warrior pack on Amazon for a decent price, but have passed on the Cesaro/Brodus pack, because the Cesaro looks nothing like him.

I would like a Christian and a Goldust, but a loose Goldust is something like $20.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Red posted:

I would like a Christian and a Goldust, but a loose Goldust is something like $20.

Look at the pose he's in and try to tell me he's not worth it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Look at the pose he's in and try to tell me he's not worth it.

I want to agree, but he's only two inches tall. Ten bucks an inch is steep.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Red posted:

Ten bucks an inch is steep.

That's what she said.

....I couldn't help it guys. :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the '79 Alien and Xenomorph Warrior tonight, $16.99 each I couldn't pass them up. Thinking about going back for more Warriors.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Found the '79 Alien and Xenomorph Warrior tonight, $16.99 each I couldn't pass them up. Thinking about going back for more Warriors.
I got both of mine in from Amazon and I've got some buyer's remorse. :(

The paint on the teeth on the '79 Alien is all jacked up, and there was no way to tell until after I'd opened it up and gotten the figure out of the packaging. I should be able to fix it with some paints I have on hand, but it's still pretty lame.

The Blue Warrior's lower jaw is all cockeyed - I might be able to salvage it with liberal use of a hairdryer or something, but I'm still pretty annoyed. Also the mold line running down the center of the forehead is really thick and prominent (moreso than on any of the other NECA Aliens I have in this mold). I think I can file it down if I need to, but it's still pretty lame and kinda ruins the head. I might keep an eye out and see if TRU gets the figure in and try to exchange with them or something, but I'm pretty disappointed.

NECAAAAAA :doom:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Long shot, but does anyone have a pair of the Captain America Rescue hands?

I'm looking to build a Red Dead Redemption John Marston figure and think the gloved hands would look pretty cool.

Looking for a right hand that can hold a gun, left open or relaxed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I got both of mine in from Amazon and I've got some buyer's remorse. :(

The paint on the teeth on the '79 Alien is all jacked up, and there was no way to tell until after I'd opened it up and gotten the figure out of the packaging. I should be able to fix it with some paints I have on hand, but it's still pretty lame.

The Blue Warrior's lower jaw is all cockeyed - I might be able to salvage it with liberal use of a hairdryer or something, but I'm still pretty annoyed. Also the mold line running down the center of the forehead is really thick and prominent (moreso than on any of the other NECA Aliens I have in this mold). I think I can file it down if I need to, but it's still pretty lame and kinda ruins the head. I might keep an eye out and see if TRU gets the figure in and try to exchange with them or something, but I'm pretty disappointed.

NECAAAAAA :doom:

That's where I found both of mine, haven't opened them yet so I don't know if they've got issues. Seemed like there were 4 warriors in the case and 2 '79, so you might have a decent chance of swapping both.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Beanpants posted:

Looks like that All-New X-Men boxed set that leaked which was previously thought to be a SDCC exclusive is actually a Toys 'R' Us exclusive, releasing next month. Run on sentence.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=16925

I can dig it. I just hope the Beast's forearms have articulation. It looks like a lump of plastic from these photos.

I hope that this bodes well for more boxed sets in the future!

So after the drama where Toysrus played with the price, they've finally offered the set at a more realistic price of 89.99. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30064616&prodFindSrc=rv.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Xenomrph posted:

The Blue Warrior's lower jaw is all cockeyed - I might be able to salvage it with liberal use of a hairdryer or something, but I'm still pretty annoyed.

The one on my brown Warrior doesn't close evenly either. I think it might just be an issue with the mold.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

MooselanderII posted:

So after the drama where Toysrus played with the price, they've finally offered the set at a more realistic price of 89.99. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30064616&prodFindSrc=rv.

I think behind the scenes they were trying to play a mental game with fans. Jack the price up to $110, then $130, have fans go ballistic, and then bring it back down to the original $90 and have it come off as a much more reasonable price and how they "listened to fans" or something like that. Not saying this happened but I wouldn't be surprised.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I finally got my replacement debit card in the mail and let me tell you after work I am going to buy the ever-living gently caress out of some toys.

Edit: Meijer has the first wave of Iron Man Legends for $7.14 each, definitely going to score those.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 5, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

An Angry Bug posted:

The one on my brown Warrior doesn't close evenly either. I think it might just be an issue with the mold.
GOOD NEWS!

I stopped by TRU and they had the new Aliens wave, and I found replacement figures that were better than the ones I got from Amazon. The '79 Alien's teeth look a lot better and fit together better (although there's a miniscule gap between the front of the upper and lower jaws when the mouth is closed). The teeth aren't perfect, but it's nothing a tiny bit of paint won't fix.
The Blue Warrior I picked up is also a vast improvement. his shins aren't all warped, his teeth line up much better (although not perfectly), and the seam on the head isn't as bad. The seam is still there, so I'll likely sand it down a little bit, and the lower jaw is still a little cockeyed, but it's not anywhere near as bad as the first one I got.

They had a few to choose from at the TRU I went to, and all of the Blue Warriors had the same visibly cockeyed lower jaw; the one I bought was the "best" of the three they had. The other two were about as bad as the first one I'd gotten.

It's weird because my other Aliens in the same mold don't have that problem. I've got the red and black ones from the Genocide two-pack and they're fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Found Carnage at Target today!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

On that subject found the ML refresh cases with Spider-Woman and Toxin today at TRU.

Also has those new NECA Simpsons that work with the World of Springfield figures. Was tempted to get Yao Ming.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

On that subject found the ML refresh cases with Spider-Woman and Toxin today at TRU.

Also has those new NECA Simpsons that work with the World of Springfield figures. Was tempted to get Yao Ming.
How do Spider-Woman and Toxin look?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

therealjon_ posted:

What state?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

What state?

Heh, I can hear you drooling dude.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

therealjon_ posted:

The what now?

Edit: I see no joints. For shame, NECA.

A Shitty Reporter fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 6, 2014

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I picked up a Carnage and Black Cat recently. Does anyone need them? $21.17 each, plus shipping.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I picked up a Carnage and Black Cat recently. Does anyone need them? $21.17 each, plus shipping.

Right here

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

An Angry Bug posted:

The what now?

Edit: I see no joints. For shame, NECA.

They have the same joints as the WOS figures (shoulder, head, waist).

Found the ML wave in PA, had to go out since power was out all day and TRU was freshly stocked and devoid of customers.

EDIT: Actually Yao Ming had artic, Kid Rock definitely didn't cause he was in a singing pose. Eh I thought they looked alright and would work pretty well if you are still holding on to that Playmates collection.

EDIT2: Spider-Woman looked really good I thought! Seemed a little short but I'm not expert on the character, but I think she uses that Moonstone body. Toxin was cooler than I expected as well, I really like the red they used for his body and the face is awesome. I didn't see Boomerang (is that his name?).

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 6, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found a spare Carnage this week at that gross rear end TRU price of $24.99, anyone want to trade him for Toxin/Spider-Girl?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Right here
Joe, e-mail me at saxman2 AT hotmail, and let me know where you live so we can figure out shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Joe, e-mail me at saxman2 AT hotmail, and let me know where you live so we can figure out shipping.

Done