Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Super good Reddit post with regards to green gems: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4y41wo/indepth_look_at_green_gems/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I was hoping to find level-by-level guides for boss fights. My priority right now is getting the d-stones from each level, then getting the Dragon Balls, then focusing on the crystals.

So much farming.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Good gem post. After using all my stam and a shenron wish I have 134 stones.

Webbeh posted:

I was hoping to find level-by-level guides for boss fights. My priority right now is getting the d-stones from each level, then getting the Dragon Balls, then focusing on the crystals.

So much farming.

Are you talking about the dokkan wiki?
Area 16
Area 17
Area 18

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
These new levels are a kick in the shins for those who don't have Gogeta.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
how the hell do i always forget about that wiki

THANKS!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Apparently Pilaf is always an Extreme AGL type when you encounter him. And hits hard enough to murder the team of randos I went in with on Normal difficulty.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Treat the difficulties like Hard - Z-hard - Super, because they are.

Also no one else is excited for Buuhan :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I never liked the design.. White pants with the orange and blue top. Bleh. Buutenks is much better designed.

Also, this storyline just reaffirms that everyone is basically the same power level and is constantly a threat if Trunks hasn't sliced the Ginyu Force into small fleshy chunks by now.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

Treat the difficulties like Hard - Z-hard - Super, because they are.

Also no one else is excited for Buuhan :(

Won't see him for like, half a year. Why get excited now?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Squallege posted:

Won't see him for like, half a year. Why get excited now?

Yeah, that was my thought. I'm holding onto extra SSJ Goten and Trunks for the eventual Gotenks Dokkan, but it's so far out that it's all I feel like doing prep-wise.

I'm currently excited for Majin Vegeta's Dokkan. Currently considering throwing an Old Kai or two at him, since I think he's going back on my A-team and he's only SA2.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:toot: I rolled PHY SSR Bardock

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Man, these guys hit hard. Thankfully Gogeta and my team of mostly TUR"s hit harder, so I've only had to use a stone once. Good thing I have a lot of the Baba Support Item.

Initially, I went with this time:

Gogeta Lead
TEQ Cell
AGL SSJ3 Goku
INT Ultimate Gohan
PHY FP Frezia
STR SSG Goku

I made a switch afterwords, after realizing that Cell didn't link all that well with the team, and that I needed Broly's power to defeat the Ginyu Force on some of the early stages.

Gogeta
TEQ Vegito
AGL SSJ3 Goku
INT Ultimate Gohan
PHY FP Frezia
STR Broly.

It is really nice to have new story content (although they really need an editor!) and getting new wishes, although the hunt for dragon balls is still as crappy as before (How do I get there? Why am I screwed by the RNG?)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:toot: I rolled INT Ultimate Gohan! Thank you broken Gohan event!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Squallege posted:

:toot: I rolled INT Ultimate Gohan! Thank you broken Gohan event!

Nvm, you meant the medals =) I thought maybe the gacha was spitting out Gohans or something.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I meant the stage. I have all three Gohans dokkaned now.

edit: looks like Turles and Chilled are getting awakenings too.
https://twitter.com/hatosama7/status/766099409037778944
https://twitter.com/hatosama7/status/766097899344179200

Squallege fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 18, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This weird-rear end appearance by a one-episode filler character from Dragon Ball :psyduck:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Krillin acquired! I care more about the Z Fighters than I do another loving Super Saiyan to add to the pile. I slapped together a Golden Z Fighters team but there's no PHY ones in the game at the moment. That's a shame. Also, I want Krillin in Piccolo's clothes as a Strike character.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Krillin in Piccolo clothes should Dokkan to Prillin and get us some non-canon fusions up in here

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Another really solid Reddit thread for the new Baba Tresasure Shop: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4yaa28/global_analysis_how_much_you_should_get_per_day/

TL;DR, farming only 40 gems per day for 60 days will get you every SSR in the Baba shop, and farming 46 per day will get you every single item available.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Looks like INT Turles is the new rebirth. Leader skill will be +3 ki for all, passive is +3 ki at 50%+ HP and 20% atk boost. Super is a supreme damage kill driver.

:supaburn: 2 TURles could mean an instant 12 ki :supaburn:

e: also a chilled super strike.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That's insanity for a movie villain who just happens to be a Saiyan. I never managed to pull an INT Turles, but I will probably give it a go on the next banner he's on.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My INT Turles is SA7. :getin:

I'm finally over the 300 mark, time to start picking out treasure rewards. I think I'll get Krillin first because heck yeah SSR Krillin.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think as someone who already owns the Rebirth UR SSJ INT Gohan, my priority will be on getting the SSR Z-Warriors.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I know he's not the best, but I need an AGL super saiyan so I might as well pick up the starter Goku (after I get SSJ2 Gohan and the almighty Ginyu Goku.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I know he's not the best, but I need an AGL super saiyan so I might as well pick up the starter Goku (after I get SSJ2 Gohan and the almighty Ginyu Goku.

He's one of the few AGL cards with Prepared for Battle, which is nice. The others (SR Bardock and SSR Xeno Trunks) are quite good, but he fits into a lot of teams.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is it just me or is Teq Vegito disappointingly weak when performing a Super? I think I might have to bench him for Teq Future Gohan to see how he stacks up.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Teq Gohan's not going to be much better. He's like Kaioken Goku and has to super a few times before he really does damage.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah I guess he is a bit of a support class.. I posted on the team building thread on Reddit just to see if anyone has any bright ideas so we'll see what happens.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I mean uh I remember him supering for at least 50k which is a fair bit but I guess if you're used to seeing Gogeta or SSJ3 Goku/Vegeta numbers

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I pulled a dupe INT Perfect Cell, now I know how it feels :cry:

What the hell should I do with him? I don't really know if I should bother upping my other one's SA...

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Can it be used to up TEQ Perfect Cell? If not I'd Baba it probably.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Which of the two current multi draws is better? Keep in mind that I already have an awakened UR PHY Mira as my PHY character of choice and an awakened UR Kami as my backup choice. However the prospect of getting awakened SR's/SSRs for training purposes appeals to me greatly.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 19, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't have the TEQ Cell so it's a moot point but I guess I could save it for if I ever pull him

Testekill posted:

Which of the two current multi draws is better? Keep in mind that I already have an awakened UR PHY Mira as my PHY character of choice and an awakened UR Kami as my backup choice. However the prospect of getting awakened SR's/SSRs for training purposes appeals to me greatly.

Always bet on Dokkan fest

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Having all these stones.from the new levels made me pull curious so I caved and pulled on the guaranteed SSR gacha. All dupes for the most part, but I can deal with having extra super attack levels.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I gave up trying to complete every stage on Z-Hard, since it seems much more economical to just run on the Cosplay Krillin and Whis stages all day instead. With a good STR or PHY team and a Gogeta friend you can get maybe a dozen gems while popping no more than a single senzu per run. Already up to near 200 gems. :toot:

From what I understand Gohan, Krillin, Chaotzu, and Yamcha go away after 60 days, but the Starter SSRs and the Elder Kais stay.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I gave up trying to complete every stage on Z-Hard, since it seems much more economical to just run on the Cosplay Krillin and Whis stages all day instead. With a good STR or PHY team and a Gogeta friend you can get maybe a dozen gems while popping no more than a single senzu per run. Already up to near 200 gems. :toot:

From what I understand Gohan, Krillin, Chaotzu, and Yamcha go away after 60 days, but the Starter SSRs and the Elder Kais stay.

I was simply going through trying to complete as much as possible to try and unlock the 'Most Efficient' level. But at this point I bloody forgot what it was. :(

I have Gogeta, so a double Gogeta lead has been helpful to say the least. But in some missions ( Full Ginyu Force missions especially ) I've been using Baba's to seal their turn 1 super spam, and then a Senzu to get through them =\

Also screw the Dragonball that you need to land on a corner to get it to nimbus you to it, then you ALSO need a 1 to get the ball... Only one I have left to get. :sigh:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What's the best level to grind for gems?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What's the best level to grind for gems?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4y41wo/indepth_look_at_green_gems/

I can vouch for A Surprising End being probably the best, although unless you get lucky you'll likely need a Senzu or two. Reunion With Krillin I rarely need to use a Senzu, but I generally get fewer gems per run on average. Turles the New Saiyan I haven't run as much, it seems slightly harder than Krillin but possibly with a better payout?

Apparently the objectively best stage to grind medals on is Sovereign of the Warrior Race but fuuuuuuck that. even with double Gogetas you need to use a bunch of items to survive. Not sure it's really worth it.

Most of the gems come from fighting Pilafs who have a pretty good spawn rate on those maps on Z-Hard. Also longer maps mean more likelyhood of gem spaces.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sovereign of the Warrior Race is more manageable if you bring along TEQ Jaco and INT Chaiotzu.

I'm running this's guy's recommended team and it's pretty solid. I have to use an occasional item if I get a crummy team layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm pretty sure the Dokkan subreddit will riot if the Majeta banner isn't double SSR rate like it was in JP. :v: