Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Also I really enjoy all these nods to kochikame in every Jump chapter this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dang, one piece throwin' dark this week.

Looks like sis will be doing a face turn, or at least not taking part in anything serious and booking it when things go south.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Captain Invictus posted:

Looks like sis will be doing a face turn, or at least not taking part in anything serious and booking it when things go south.

I think it's more of a "look how naive he is" thing more than actually appreciating his stance on food and women.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe. Maybe. But maybe there's one single worthwhile member of his family outside of him, too.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain Invictus posted:

Maybe. Maybe. But maybe there's one single worthwhile member of his family outside of him, too.

his mom

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Yup.

Also y'all should be tagging some of these things. People can't be expected to read three latest as soon as it shows up. Especially if it's released early and unexpectedly.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Crazyeyes posted:

Yup.

Also y'all should be tagging some of these things. People can't be expected to read three latest as soon as it shows up. Especially if it's released early and unexpectedly.

Yeah, but to be fair, whenever the thread post count explodes it usually means one of two things; a new chapter dropped, or we're arguing about Nami's boobs again.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Space-Bird posted:

Yeah, but to be fair, whenever the thread post count explodes it usually means one of two things; a new chapter dropped, or we're arguing about Nami's boobs again.

excuse me i think you mean *checks curated list of thread derailments* all of odas women have the same face.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of women, it was nice to see Sanji managing to actually be classy around one for once. Feels like it's been ages.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think the implication is that the servants are all worthless because they're clones. The only real humans left in the entire country are the royal family. If they are clones Reiju is the only non-clone.

Nah all the (male) clones seem to be Vergos. Which would explain his incredibly weird level of toughness.
Kuma wouldnt be the only person to go under Vegapunk's super science.

Speaking of Vegapunk
REALLY WANNA MEET THAT DOC. Bet you he was all
"Gentlemen and ladies of the Marines: I have solved Haki"

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 14, 2016

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Nah all the (male) clones seem to be Vergos. Which would explain his incredibly weird level of toughness.
Kuma wouldnt be the only person to go under Vegapunk's super science.

Speaking of Vegapunk
REALLY WANNA MEET THAT DOC. Bet you he was all
"Gentlemen and ladies of the Marines: I have solved Haki"

Almost definitely one of Sanji's brothers. Probably cloning for spare parts/body modification shenanigans.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm interested in Germa 66's long-term plans. They acknowledge that the World Government will kick them out for allying with Big Mom, but the way the acknowledge it suggests they don't exactly expect the WG to fall tomorrow; they're thinking in terms of future Reveries. So whatever they expect to get out of their alliance with Big Mom, it's probably not Big Mom conquering the world for them in the short term. Maybe Big Mom can give them DNA samples of Dwarves, Minks, etc. to create better vat-grown soldiers with? But surely there would be easier ways of getting those.

One might also ask what Big Mom gets from them, but the possibilities there are more obvious. Maybe the Germa 66 cloning vats can pop out lots of expendable people to fuel her Soul-Soul Fruit?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
And Big Mom's final form is her absorbing countless souls from all the experiments at once, just like Moria, confirming this arc as the Thriller Bark of the New World.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The Germa's Clone Trooper army is probably making the makers of the One Piece Musou games very happy right now

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm betting the sis is the one who beat up the servant since they didn't actually show who did it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I hope Vegapunk is a good guy and just absolutely shocked about how his inventions are misused.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cloks posted:

I hope Vegapunk is a good guy and just absolutely shocked about how his inventions are misused.

I'm thinking the in-universe equivalent of Einstein where he's legit as a person but his innovative ideas get used for destructive ends.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The Germa's Clone Trooper army is probably making the makers of the One Piece Musou games very happy right now
That was my thought as well. "Germa 66 has a clone trooper army? Awesome, fresh mook hordes to throw at the player!" --One Piece Musou staff member.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'm thinking the in-universe equivalent of Einstein where he's legit as a person but his innovative ideas get used for destructive ends.

Reminds me of that Leonardo character in Discworld.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Cloks posted:

Isn't this basically stated already? Well, I don't think he objects to the creation of the Pacifistas and other World Government military technology, but it was made clear that he was horrified by the directions Caesar Clown tried to take his research in. And after the Straw Hats were separated, Franky saw some of Vegapunk's peaceful inventions.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
Wasn't it suggested that the Pacifistas were made from prisoners sent from Impel Down? Between that and what was done to Kuma (although to be fair, there's probably more to that story that we don't know yet), I'm not sure we can be sure Vegapunk is a good person.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
All the bad poo poo can be chalked up to Vegapunk's no good rockabilly son and his bastard creations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blaise330 posted:

I'm betting the sis is the one who beat up the servant since they didn't actually show who did it.

Oh man, that could be. If she's actually evil, then that's probably it.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
the woman that niji (actually probably yonji and reiju lying to try to get sanji to fight the niji) beat the gently caress out of will be the first person sanji uses his rejuvenating soup he learned from okama kingdom on but if not sanji HAS to use kind of healing soup or popeye mega power up dish this arc

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 15, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AradoBalanga posted:

That was my thought as well. "Germa 66 has a clone trooper army? Awesome, fresh mook hordes to throw at the player!" --One Piece Musou staff member.

Have Musou games ever had a 'Horde Boss'
Where you defeat the boss you have to go through their mook flesh armor.

My money is on them GATTAIing like so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yBnl_krN_U

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I kinda want poo poo to go down during this arc and have Judge give the kill order on Zeff. Then we have a cover arc for the assassination attempt, which takes place on the same day that Garp is there, because he's in East Blue and he just really wanted to eat there.

Garp is, of course, working there as a bus boy because he broke in through the roof and got into a fight with the owner. Zeff lets him off if he takes care of the assassins.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I was hoping when Judge made the threat that Sanji would consider it and then tell Judge to do whatever he wanted because he had confidence that Zeff would handle whatever assassination or assault they tried and that his friends would come for him. I love it when the crew shows faith and trust in each other and their friends, like Sogeking advising Robin that Luffy would rescue her. Oh well.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

I was hoping when Judge made the threat that Sanji would consider it and then tell Judge to do whatever he wanted because he had confidence that Zeff would handle whatever assassination or assault they tried and that his friends would come for him. I love it when the crew shows faith and trust in each other and their friends, like Sogeking advising Robin that Luffy would rescue her. Oh well.

Sanji has something to do here on his own since he hasn't even tried to escape. The bomb bracelets and threatening Zeff are just things making him more angry. Zeff is a legitimate badass on his own, so I doubt Sanji is too worried about an attempt on his life other than the amount the threat itself pisses him off.

I'd love it if QuantaStarFire's idea about replaying the Krieg attack on Baratie was done with Garp in the place of Luffy though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Have Musou games ever had a 'Horde Boss'
Where you defeat the boss you have to go through their mook flesh armor.

My money is on them GATTAIing like so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yBnl_krN_U
Off the top of my head, I do not know if that's ever happened.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

drjuggalo posted:

the woman that niji (actually probably yonji and reiju lying to try to get sanji to fight the niji) beat the gently caress out of will be the first person sanji uses his rejuvenating soup he learned from okama kingdom on but if not sanji HAS to use kind of healing soup or popeye mega power up dish this arc

After all the talk of vitamins and nutrients in these potatoes I fear the "secret cooking scrolls" from Okama Kingdom were just nutrition textbooks.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Gyges posted:

Sanji has something to do here on his own since he hasn't even tried to escape. The bomb bracelets and threatening Zeff are just things making him more angry. Zeff is a legitimate badass on his own, so I doubt Sanji is too worried about an attempt on his life other than the amount the threat itself pisses him off.

I'd love it if QuantaStarFire's idea about replaying the Krieg attack on Baratie was done with Garp in the place of Luffy though.

Garp just whipping haki-infused loaves of bread left and right and Zeff yelling at him for wasting food

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

That's a pretty good edit but I miss seeing your adorable Charmander's face :(

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

I don't know if there's actually any cloning going on. If there is, I'd say it's probably just the soldiers and that the royal family and the servants are all "real". Sanji's family doesn't treat servants like poo poo because the servants are clones. They treat servants like poo poo because because Sanji's family are royals.

But I think it might just be soldiers undergoing Super Soldier treatments.

I loved this chapter. I love it when we get to learn about the bad guys and get to really hate them. Also, I've thought since the 2 year jump that Oda didn't let the ladies get into real fights because he didn't want to draw brutalized woman. Guess I was wrong. :stonk:

lowercase16 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 16, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sub Harrison posted:

After all the talk of vitamins and nutrients in these potatoes I fear the "secret cooking scrolls" from Okama Kingdom were just nutrition textbooks.

Maybe he just read up on how Penn Jillette lost all that weight and was converted to the way of the potato.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Sub Harrison posted:

stop it something in my bones says sanji is gonna steal the show oda wouldn't say its year of sanji and then proceed to be robin all arc SOMETHING has to pay off and make us all go yeah this dude is still monster trio still for sure ITS NOT FAIR :pray:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Gyges posted:

Maybe he just read up on how Penn Jillette lost all that weight and was converted to the way of the potato.

Didn't know this happened, just checked, he looks like a baby rat (with a beard and ponytail).

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

sharktamer posted:

Didn't know this happened, just checked, he looks like a baby rat (with a beard and ponytail).

Yeah... :wtf: Penn is the only guy I know who actually looks better by keeping the extra weight on. How does that even happen? :wtc:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He doesn't look that bad though?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Wait, wait, wait, Jesus Christ how did I just only think of this now:

Elbaf is 'fable' spelled backwards.

Usopp's dream is to go to Elbaf and become a brave warrior of the sea.

It's all just a giant pun because it'll be Usopp's biggest lie that ended up becoming true. :stare: :stonklol:

Oda, how do you do this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
nice pun in your post