Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tell me about the rarebit, George.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Cooked scorpions taste like that jerky dust that comes in a can that looks like it's snuff. That pizza is probably edible but sorta disappointing.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The good news is, our roach problem is a thing of the past.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:chanpop:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Not having a soda fountain is a HUGE red flag when it comes to eating anywhere. They are basically free to acquire because soda companies want you to buy syrup from them and sign exclusivity deals and it's generally accepted that most casual dining places will have one. If you're running any kind of place that serves food and you don't have a soda machine it usually means one of two things:

-You lacked the credit or very small amount of money to get one: again, huge red flag for a casual dining place because those kinds of places rarely manage to do more than break even for sometimes several years and if you can't afford a soda machine starting off you're probably hosed, and if you don't have the credit to get one floated to you you definitely don't have the credit to take a loan to keep your place afloat.

-You don't have a floor drain: this is also a red flag because anyone who isn't dumb as gently caress and is opening a casual dining restaurant will get a floor drain installed, in many places this also means you can't get taps put in so goodbye any chance of making money on beer. It also ties into the above, where if you lack the money to get a drain put in, the knowledge to know you need one or the credit to get a loan to get one installed, you probably should have done a lot more research before deciding you could run a business.

Yeah I agree for the most part, one of the only exceptions was at this little shack of a restaurant I found in LA back in July while I was there for Anime Expo, place only had canned and bottled drinks, but I had one of the best burgers I've had in a long time there

Tiggum posted:

I saw these "corn snacks" in the supermarket the other day:

They look like packing peanuts and they're made of 100% corn.

And they taste like packing peanuts too! I've never seen them before and I don't expect to see them again, because I can't imagine anyone buying them twice. I have no idea who they're supposed to appeal to. They don't taste of anything much, and they get all stuck in your teeth.

And today I had a halal snack pack, which was actually really good, but looks pretty terrible.

That's chips, grated cheese, lamb, and garlic sauce.
Those corn snacks are shameful, but I would love to try a halal snack pack

Indeed all this kebab posting has lead me to look up kebab joints near my house, and I will have to go to one soon

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That type of puffy corn snacks is somewhat popular in Eastern Europe. Mostly they come coated in sugar powder, which makes them at least palatable. Maybe you can even eat them as cereal with milk and what have you, I'm not sure.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Less cereal, more sludge, they probably dissolve at the slightest contact with moisture.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

Less cereal, more sludge, they probably dissolve at the slightest contact with moisture.

Oh the good ol days, when mama would wake us up with a nice cold bowl of corn slop

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
They probably charge .99 extra for spider nuggets over regular. Not to mention trying to up sell you on them in the drive thru.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

:sigh:

Of course I see this on Canadian Thanksgiving.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
AFP/Food Fads: Funky Tingle of the Goat

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
I went to dinner at my Dad's.

He's usually a pretty good cook but that meatloaf made me understand why some people say they don't like meatloaf,

I also tried making that crispy egg that was posted a bit back. I occasionally gently caress up eggs over easy but that was stupid easy to make. I used a little too much oil but it tastes pretty good. I'll probably make them again occasionally,

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
it looks like part of a tombstone

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Also, this is less AFP than it is a horribly unappetizing description but hey:

"Ever wonder what it would be like to have a ménage a trois with a goat and a cow?"

:stare:
i have not, no

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I invoke pizza rules, goddamnit. This is starvation focaccia.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

RNG posted:

I invoke pizza rules, goddamnit. This is starvation focaccia.

That would make a good band name

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Paladinus posted:

That type of puffy corn snacks is somewhat popular in Eastern Europe. Mostly they come coated in sugar powder, which makes them at least palatable. Maybe you can even eat them as cereal with milk and what have you, I'm not sure.

they're popular in North America too but mostly they come coated in bright orange cheese powder

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The ones kicking off the conversation are 100% cheesey puffs without the cheese dust but its not like they are unheard of in the US of in more sweet situations like breakfast cereal to be trying to pin them on eastern Europe or whatever.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

InediblePenguin posted:

they're popular in North America too but mostly they come coated in bright orange cheese powder

Yeah, I'm familiar with the type of thing, it was the total lack of flavour that made them unusual.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

haunt for century posted:

"Ever wonder what it would be like to have a ménage a trois with a goat and a cow?"

:stare:
i have not, no
not until now, anyway

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

zedprime posted:

The ones kicking off the conversation are 100% cheesey puffs without the cheese dust but its not like they are unheard of in the US of in more sweet situations like breakfast cereal to be trying to pin them on eastern Europe or whatever.

I am mostly familiar with South Korean sweet corn stuff and it is cool and good. There is some minor headfuck involved if you're more used to eating savoury corn snacks but this is totally a thing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No No No No No

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Would, while weeping

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Everyone should go play the stupid Flash game they made to promote Dilberitos

Collect em all for a Dilberito

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I won

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

InediblePenguin posted:

Cheetos are different. They are crunchier and more dense.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Huh. Haven't had any Cheetos in ages and somehow forgotten those existed. I should eat more garbage food, I guess.

Wait, no, I shouldn't.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

They need to bring back motherfuckin' CHEETOS PAWS

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

They need to bring back motherfuckin' CHEETOS PAWS

Are these close enough?

Available in White Cheddar and Flamin' Hot, and only around Halloween.

eta: The Japanese version, while also called "Bag of Bones," are not specially shaped, but are yogurt-flavored and come in a glow-in-the-dark bag. :raise:

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Oct 10, 2016

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Paladinus posted:

Somebody pointed out that there are puffy Cheetos but Cheetos are not the only brand of cheese puff in the US anyway

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
No they aren't, and these are the best.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

mmmMMMMMmmm~

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
- Is it a boy or a girl, doctor?
- I'm sorry madam. It's eight gummy bears.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Having octuplets carries its own series of health risks, but if they're gummy ones you largely risk a yeast infection.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

- Is it a boy or a girl, doctor?
- I'm sorry madam. It's eight gummy bears.

Excuse me they are clearly sour patch kids.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Chin Strap posted:

Excuse me they are clearly sour patch kids.

drat son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm always amused that Sour Patch Kids still have that name when it makes no sense in a vacuum without Cabbage Patch Kids a ubiquitous sensation