Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Well they already made the bitter, apathetic LT a staff primary and voluntold to go to the officer of the quarter board so I’m sure if they can send me to this parade they will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Quit being good at your job.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The smartest loving thing I ever saw was when I was an E-1 and this dude kept mopping the hallway really bad and this guy kept going over and showing him over and over how to properly mop. Military standards or whatever. After 10-15 times of this, I asked the bad mop dude (another lower enlisted) what the gently caress? Did he not understand you can’t mop like in cartoons. He said this, ‘yeah, and I mop better at my house. But he does it for me.’ The ‘he’ was his first line supervisor. He was labeled as a can’t-get-right, but my eyes were opened that day.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Yeah, I'll wax that floor just fine. Oops, it's even worse than before. Guess I never have to wax the floor again.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I hope Mustang and that Finn dude whose name I can't remember right now both get tasked for this parade.

I'm only about 2 hours from DC. I think I should get a DD214 shirt, sit on the side and drink hot cider and laugh my rear end off.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I hope Mustang and that Finn dude whose name I can't remember right now both get tasked for this parade.

I'm only about 2 hours from DC. I think I should get a DD214 shirt, sit on the side and drink hot cider and laugh my rear end off.

Well the other Finn is in Italy and I’m at Korea getting drunk with soju, so unlikely that either get to go on parade- although our lead elements should be back from Korea like maybe week before parade so knowing rock of the Marne 3id is going DC because FOR MARNIA!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Trump is going to bring back berets :madmax:

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013

Mustang posted:

Well they already made the bitter, apathetic LT a staff primary and voluntold to go to the officer of the quarter board so I’m sure if they can send me to this parade they will

Officer... of the quarter board? They now make officers do that silly memorize random facts and tie knots really well poo poo? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Thank you for posting praise be to Satan and my 214

TheAlphaChaser fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 25, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’ve never heard of an officer of the quarter board. What the gently caress?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

I’ve never heard of an officer of the quarter board. What the gently caress?

Millenials. Amirite? :smuggo:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

No idea, this is the only unit I’ve ever been in so I have nothing to compare it to

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
There are best Company Grade Officer awards, but that’s literally a paper board that they just read a write up of what the command has done and look at a DA photo of the commander. I’ve also never heard of a LT going to it.

Glad my graduate school starts in August. I can only imagine SOF or the 82nd being told to conduct a mass tac for Donnie...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Nevermind

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
I've seen officer of the whatever boards before, some paper (usually for CPTs/CW3) and some actual boards (usually for 2-1LT or WO1/CW2). They're not super common, and like any ancillary thing become more popular when the training dollars turn off and we have to figure out what to spend everyone's time on.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

I've seen officer of the whatever boards before, some paper (usually for CPTs/CW3) and some actual boards (usually for 2-1LT or WO1/CW2). They're not super common, and like any ancillary thing become more popular when the training dollars turn off and we have to figure out what to spend everyone's time on.

let them go the gently caress home, sir

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
I have to keep em around until after its too late to salvage the evening with their families so they will stay the night and parade plan with me.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Mustang posted:

officer of the quarter board

Wait what?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
nobody escapes the mighty gently caress gently caress games

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’ve seen once a year awards where some company grade officer might get recognized as top whatever of the year, but that’s usually based on a paper or letters of recommendation from the post CG or a private organization/lobbyist or something. Never O of the quarter.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Mustang posted:

officer of the quarter board

from the top of my long rear end hair to the bottom of my depleted uranium filled lungs, gently caress you if you're still in

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'm pretty sure what it is is a full day of bullshit so that whoever thought it up and whoever wins gets an OER bullet

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

And thus the cycle of pointless bullshit for OER bullets continues.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I'll be in Afghanistan, have fun with that bullshit

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh, they make you go to them there too.

Ask me how I know. Regular enlisted ones anyways.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I did a 3rd ID one back in Iraq in 05 when I was a SPC. Literally had to go to BDE HQ during my QRF day. I got yelled at for looking sweaty. Roger SGM, I’ll ensure I don’t sweat the next time we take EOD out it 110 degree weather by using more heart.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Soulex posted:

Oh, they make you go to them there too.

Ask me how I know. Regular enlisted ones anyways.

como sabes esto

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

como sabes esto

L’ho ditto 4 o 6 tiempi, ma no parlato espanol.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
At least this loving parade might shed some supporters. The bitching in the ranks is nice to hear.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bulletsponge13 posted:

Too small to read while marching, make a banner and enlist the help of vas to help hold it in exchange for beer

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol5Dfs7jqFI

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Have fun arriving at the parade grounds and standing in formation at a parade rest for 7 days waiting to begin.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I did a 3rd ID one back in Iraq in 05 when I was a SPC. Literally had to go to BDE HQ during my QRF day. I got yelled at for looking sweaty. Roger SGM, I’ll ensure I don’t sweat the next time we take EOD out it 110 degree weather by using more heart.

Yo where were you in 05

I was at FOB Gabe a bunch at the 3rd ID then, working the aid station and doing poo poo with the QRF

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I want to go and just gently caress up their cadence with a megaphone lol.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I want to go and just gently caress up their cadence with a megaphone lol.

I swear to god if they make me march in a parade I'm doing nothing but cadences about killing commie babies and chesty puller loving superman's girlfriend.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Officers marching in formation? I always just stepped out of the formation whenever anyone starts marching one that I happen to be standing in

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Soulex posted:

L’ho ditto 4 o 6 tiempi, ma no parlato espanol.

TELL ME HOW YOU KNOW!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

they should convince trump to lead the parade on foot lool

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yo where were you in 05

I was at FOB Gabe a bunch at the 3rd ID then, working the aid station and doing poo poo with the QRF

I was at FOB Padawala north of LSA Anaconda (Joint Base Balad). We kept a portion of Tampa and the two ASR going from Tampa to Anaconda open. We also chased the motarmen around so the pool(s?) at Anaconda stayed open. It was pretty boring 98% of the time.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

Officers marching in formation?

Only plebes do that. I ride in a jeep and chew on a cigar. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I was at FOB Padawala north of LSA Anaconda (Joint Base Balad). We kept a portion of Tampa and the two ASR going from Tampa to Anaconda open. We also chased the motarmen around so the pool(s?) at Anaconda stayed open. It was pretty boring 98% of the time.

Pools stayed open, funruns happened, the only van was the top diving board for “sniping” reasons.

Iirc there was a chain link fence for one border so the argument was stupid.

I did Anaconda and they don’t call it mortaritaville for nothin.