Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

anyone played stellaris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also when people die at Disney World (usually of heart attack because they're fat) they don't announce it or anything. They just close the ride for an hour and wheel them out.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

FizFashizzle posted:

anyone played stellaris

Yes

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FizFashizzle posted:

anyone played stellaris

Yeah, it owns. Little slow-paced compared to Civ, but still pretty enjoyable.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

is it cool?

Also re: weight loss, losing weight is a personal struggle/hurdle/burden that differs from person to person based on physical health, mental issues, societal pressures, life demands etc

in my experience almost every single approach to weight loss has to be personalized for the individual. While there are general effective rules, nutritionists/personal trainers/health care professionals need to be better at realizing the day to day struggles people go through to get their weight under control and cater their treatment plans to best suit them.

In my ideal world, everyone would get a basic nutrition plan and an individualized workout plan specifically catered for their current level of physical capacity. This would all be covered under insurance. Grocery stores would be subsidized and incentivized to open in rural and distressed urban communities.

obesity is a disease and should be treated as such. It has diseases, it has proximal effects, and it can be avoided with proper care and personal behavior.

Strong people don't put thers down; they lift them up.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

is it cool?

Also re: weight loss, losing weight is a personal struggle/hurdle/burden that differs from person to person based on physical health, mental issues, societal pressures, life demands etc

in my experience almost every single approach to weight loss has to be personalized for the individual. While there are general effective rules, nutritionists/personal trainers/health care professionals need to be better at realizing the day to day struggles people go through to get their weight under control and cater their treatment plans to best suit them.

In my ideal world, everyone would get a basic nutrition plan and an individualized workout plan specifically catered for their current level of physical capacity. This would all be covered under insurance. Grocery stores would be subsidized and incentivized to open in rural and distressed urban communities.

obesity is a disease and should be treated as such. It has diseases, it has proximal effects, and it can be avoided with proper care and personal behavior.

Who are you and what did you do with forums poster FizFashizzle?

Quick, tell me your opinion of the Atlanta Falcons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I have ideas about weight loss.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I like smart wool gloves with the fingertips cut off. Hobo gloves but also warm and good.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

FizFashizzle posted:

I think cutting the work day down to 6-7 hours would do a lot for people's stress which in turn would help with obesity.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

Busted! The real FizFashizzle would never skip an opportunity to bash the Falcons. :colbert:

(I agree with you with your ideas)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

also end domestic corn subsidies

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I think cutting the work day down to 6-7 hours would do a lot for people's stress which in turn would help with obesity.

I think changing the work day to four 10 hour shifts would help too. Hell, that's what I negotiated and it's been soooooo much better.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Ideally you find a form of exercise that you actually enjoy so it isn't this depressing chore. That's when a lot of people turn a corner in trying to improve their health. It's hard though, some things aren't very accessible unless you're lucky or can afford to spend money up front. Running and weights are the generic suggestions because they are usually affordable if you're smart about it and can work well, but the truth is a lot if people just find them miserable or tedious.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 26, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Diqnol posted:

I think changing the work day to four 10 hour shifts would help too. Hell, that's what I negotiated and it's been soooooo much better.

Yeah my favorite work schedule ever was 3 12's and then a rotating 8.

But I was much younger then.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I miss my 4 tens a good deal but it seems like more and more companies are turning onto the idea of schedules selected by workers where applicable. Nothing aides productivity like contentment.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

is it cool?

I like this post

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Also when people die at Disney World (usually of heart attack because they're fat) they don't announce it or anything. They just close the ride for an hour and wheel them out.

Well duh. They don't even let people who wear costumes talk about themselves ever on social media. If you're pluto or a princess or whatever, you have to refer to them as my friend.

Also in magic kingdom, the place where most people try to sneak onto to stay overnight is the Swiss Family Treehouse island and they've had people do it for a week+ before getting caught.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, it owns. Little slow-paced compared to Civ, but still pretty enjoyable.

Yeah Stellaris seems to be the best thing around to scratch that space based 4x game itch right now, although I haven't played the MOO reboot and am just basing it not having particularly good on reviews. Unless you're really jonesing to play that type of game right away you might want to wait for a Steam sale though, I'd imagine it'll be at least 1/3 off.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 26, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Well duh. They don't even let people who wear costumes talk about themselves ever on social media. If you're pluto or a princess or whatever, you have to refer to them as my friend.

Also in magic kingdom, the place where most people try to sneak onto to stay overnight is the Swiss Family Treehouse island and they've had people do it for a week+ before getting caught.

I was on that island in February and wondered about it. For an island in the middle of a theme park it's pretty big, with quite a bit of dense trees and other vegetation. They would need a small army to comb through all of it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

every actor i know that's worked there calls it Mouschwitz

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My nutrition advice is to buy fresh fruits and vegetables. I know that can be pricey, so if you have to pick a preserved version opt for frozen over canned. Cutting canned foods out of your diet drops your sodium intake significantly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if you live in a decent sized city go to a weekend farmers market and buy your vegetables for a week.

it's generally much cheaper, encourages you to prepare your food in advance, and helps support eat local campaigns which are going to be super important once trump plunges us into a century of darkness and society basically breaks down.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Health goons, what is the microwavable pizza roll for me?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

every actor i know that's worked there calls it Mouschwitz

Yeah, my cousin worked there for a few months and fled home by Thanksgiving. It's really quite amazing just how terrible they are to their employees.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

if you live in a decent sized city go to a weekend farmers market and buy your vegetables for a week.

Or Costco.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Health goons, what is the microwavable pizza roll for me?

Annie's Pizza Poppers? Never had them so it's just a random idea. Probably need some garlic salt and red pepper flakes to tart it up. Or hot sauce or whatever.

It's still frozen pizza crap but it might be "healthier" in a generic way, e.g no added nitrates.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Is Subnautica good

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Eat a large salad every day. Down with creamy dressings.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I never liked Caesar Salad until I made the dressing from scratch with anchovies and it was loving amazing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

Is Subnautica good

Looks kinda meh. Watching one of he Yogs play it was entertaining but that's only because he's funny and terrified of the sea

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Is Subnautica good

I liked it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think you would do great as a PA Fiz

I think you would be really empathetic to your surgery patients.

After all, I am sure you have a lot of experience with having your part cut out

Mother of god :stare:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Poutine, rare steak, and varied whiskeys were a good decision tonight

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Poutine, rare steak, and varied whiskeys were a good decision tonight

Poutine and steak is a combination that I've never considered before but sounds like it would be kind of good.

I've actually never had poutine but the concept alone is a guilty pleasure

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Poutine and steak is a combination that I've never considered before but sounds like it would be kind of good.

poutine is the greatest thing canada has ever given us.

other than ryan getzlaf

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I'm eating hot funyuns with a large glass of whole milk. :munch:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Its pretty amazing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm eating chicken and a salad tonight because I have to eat properly before I take like 125 pounds of delicious Louisiana cooking and 100 gallons of booze to the face later this week and next week

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait there's a guy living with 4 cats and a wife in a full bed? Holy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

is it cool?

Someone's running for office.

• Locked thread