Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Far Cry games are alright, just, I can't imagine a person being hyped about a new one but w/ ever

Blood dragon was cool tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
remember those big green guys with guns from far cry 1? they were pretty cool.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Far Cry 6 has hp bar enemies that survive headshots doesn’t it

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I liked far cry 2.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Far Cry 6's protagonist is pretty great.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

let's loving goooo

https://twitter.com/isbbonpc/status/1507341100192878607?t=yClvYUxX40lsocgp9I4jUQ&s=19

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

PC will have more Bloodborne games than the PS4. Impressive.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Far Cry 1 was its own thing.
Far Cry 2 was its own thing and was really fuckin cool.
Every Far Cry game I've played since has just felt like Far Cry 3 with different accents.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea 4 and 5 have just been the same game but trying to recapture Michael Mando's magic from 3. I haven't played 6 but I assume it's the same deal - cash in on Gus Fring fame as the charismatic baddie.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Far Cry 6 has hp bar enemies that survive headshots doesn’t it

I'm pretty sure a headshot from most guns was still an instant kill when I played, but the game was so unremarkable that I genuinely don't remember. :shrug:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Headshots are OHK's usually if you have the armor piercing mod I think it was, which pretty much made any other weapon mod worse in comparison since taking out armored units with one shot to the head is better than lighting them on fire or whatever.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Sab669 posted:

Yea 4 and 5 have just been the same game but trying to recapture Michael Mando's magic from 3. I haven't played 6 but I assume it's the same deal - cash in on Gus Fring fame as the charismatic baddie.

:hmmyes: Vaas is legitimately one of the most horrifying villains in gaming ever (and an impossibly great highpoint of an otherwise poorly written game). The goofy guy in 4 was okay as a cartoon, and the chuds in five were generally just boring and terrible. 6 looks fun and I'll probably get it just out of inertia, but definitely on a heavy sale.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i will do another long post on indie stuff shown this week but apparently there was ANOTHER showcase this week that I completely missed (Future Games Show). that one had pretty much no crossover with the MIX showcase so... hoo boy! in terms of important reveals

konami's new game (Crimesight) comes out april 14th, it's a 1v1 social deduction game where one person is an AI based on moriarty and one person is an AI based on sherlock (but you're actually controlling other characters??)

deliver us the moon is getting a sequel, deliver us mars

songs of conquest, that cool HD-2D looking HOMM inspired game, launches in early access on may 10th

lego star wars: the skywalker saga releases on april 5th

lastly, on the lego front, I think this will pique people's curiosity. a new game called Lego Bricktales, which seems to combine a lego puzzle game with the "hope I built this correctly, woops lol" aspect of besiege:

unlike other lego puzzle/story games where you're basically railroaded into what you build, you're just given the pieces needed and have to build it yourself and figure out how it's meant to work (the trailer shows examples of this copter not being built correctly and crashing). it looks a little low budget (maybe tailored for Apple Arcade like other Lego games?), but it's by the bridge constructor developers so it should be decent

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 25, 2022

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

A week too early

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The 7th Guest posted:

songs of conquest, that cool HD-2D looking HOMM inspired game, launches in early access on may 10th

Songs of Conquest looks dope, I can't wait to play this one.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Ghostwire Tokyo freaking owns. Is anyone else playing that game? I wanna know if it makes sense to make a thread.

Also, if you do get the game Hard is pretty obviously the correct difficulty, Normal is just too easy.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

I don’t think it does. From what I remember they dialed the metaphysical/social order twist tactics way back from 4 and 5. The bad guys stay the bad guys and the good guys are just freedom fighters without “surprise we want child brides if we win” turns.

Far Cry 6 is my favorite Far Cry game and I like almost all of them, despite their lovely dumbness. It’s consistently front facing with its tone of “blowing poo poo up is fun,” the main character is good and is written decently and the game knows it’s a game in the best ways like you just walk over stuff to loot. No more animal skinning animations whether that grosses you out or you just see it as a waste of time.

The aspect where you can't pick up guns from enemies and you are somehow carrying all your guns bugged me at first but I think it's actually pretty great in gameplay results. Way less annoying than the loot system in 4 & 5.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Play posted:

Ghostwire Tokyo freaking owns. Is anyone else playing that game? I wanna know if it makes sense to make a thread.

Also, if you do get the game Hard is pretty obviously the correct difficulty, Normal is just too easy.

It only just came onto my radar when whoever posted the sys reqs ITT a few days ago.

Trailer looked super cool but I haven't actually heard anything yet. Not about to drop $60 without knowing much more and the official videos were extremely lacking

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I've heard mixed things, with the biggest negative being that it's just kind of repetitive and checklisty.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

All of this Far Cry chat got me to open up Uplay - I'm sorry, it's Ubisoft Connect now - and I wound up reinstalling AssCreed Odyssey, and y'know what? I'm in the mood to really settle into a long game of explore n' loot n' fight. I restarted my game, turned off most of the HUD, made sure to untrack all quests so I couldn't be led to them, and I'm having fun! Beautiful map, beautiful game, great lady protagonist.

(I also immediately got lost on my way to the first level 1 quest and wound up in a level 5 base and died 3 times trying to get back to where I was supposed to be, so things are going great :v: )

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mordja posted:

I've heard mixed things, with the biggest negative being that it's just kind of repetitive and checklisty.

Yeah that's what I heard too. Which is KIND of true, there's tons of stuff to find and do, some of it is repetitive but I tend to actually like the side missions and all the stuff to do and collect. The bigger element I think is if you like the combat, and I LOVE the combat especially on Hard.

I can understand not wanting to drop 60, frankly I think it might be better as a 45 or 50 dollar game although it does look pretty good and is pretty expansive as a world. Exploring an almost 1:1 downtown Tokyo is p cool. But yeah I can def understand not being sure about it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The reviews I saw said that the setting and vibe and design were great, but otherwise it was just a basic shooter and by half an hour in you had seen pretty much all of the gameplay.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

StrixNebulosa posted:

All of this Far Cry chat got me to open up Uplay - I'm sorry, it's Ubisoft Connect now - and I wound up reinstalling AssCreed Odyssey, and y'know what? I'm in the mood to really settle into a long game of explore n' loot n' fight. I restarted my game, turned off most of the HUD, made sure to untrack all quests so I couldn't be led to them, and I'm having fun! Beautiful map, beautiful game, great lady protagonist.

(I also immediately got lost on my way to the first level 1 quest and wound up in a level 5 base and died 3 times trying to get back to where I was supposed to be, so things are going great :v: )

odyssey is my fav asscreed. kassandra owns, the time period owns, i had fun with it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zoux posted:

The reviews I saw said that the setting and vibe and design were great, but otherwise it was just a basic shooter and by half an hour in you had seen pretty much all of the gameplay.

I watched a stream of someone playing it last night and I had a real sense of "get this on sale for fifteen bucks someday"

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Play posted:

I put 3 hours into it last night. The setting is the reason to play it. Like Yakuza I guess but I like exploring this one more. The combat is just ok. Glad I picked it up though.

E: got it for 45 and that seems like a good price

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 25, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Wiltsghost posted:

I put 3 hours into it last night. The setting is the reason to play it. Like Yakuza I guess but I like exploring this one more. The combat is just ok. Glad I picked it up though.

E: got it for 45 and that seems like a good price

Agreed I like the exploration a ton, I like the side missions with cool ghost stories, etc. The setting is just fantastic. I've only ever flown through Japan but I'd love to go there and as far as it goes it is pretty realistic in a lot of ways.

Combat is a little different, one thing I don't like is I wish the enemies were a little quicker but also you would have a dodge button to move quickly sideways, it's awkward as hell to turn yourself away from the enemy and just sprint off like a moron in order to not get hit (of course there is block which I do a lot of too but sometimes I just want to not be hit at all).

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/672630/view/3129445662954527881

No! No!!!!!! This game wasn't amazing but I was enjoying it and it was bug-free and now it's gonna get 500000 DLCs that break the game :negative:

Yeah Paradox taking over Prison Architect to pump out DLC doesn't seem like it was a very positive development for the game.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah Paradox taking over Prison Architect to pump out DLC doesn't seem like it was a very positive development for the game.

Oh so is that what happened to it? Shame.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TOOT BOOT posted:

Prison Architect and Surviving Mars both :negative:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Soul Glo posted:

I don’t think it does. From what I remember they dialed the metaphysical/social order twist tactics way back from 4 and 5. The bad guys stay the bad guys and the good guys are just freedom fighters without “surprise we want child brides if we win” turns.

Far Cry 6 is my favorite Far Cry game and I like almost all of them, despite their lovely dumbness. It’s consistently front facing with its tone of “blowing poo poo up is fun,” the main character is good and is written decently and the game knows it’s a game in the best ways like you just walk over stuff to loot. No more animal skinning animations whether that grosses you out or you just see it as a waste of time.

I wasn't expecting Far Cry 6 to play like a Just Cause/Red Faction Guerilla game. An hour in I stole a tank and started creating chaos on an island - pretty fun stuff!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I cannot stop playing this stupid Vampire Survivors game. :psyduck:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Animal-Mother posted:

Best three dollars I've spent in recent times that I can think of.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Animal-Mother posted:

Me whenever I see a content patch or new achievements in Vampire Survivors

https://youtu.be/-1qju6V1jLM

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

seriously one of the best games in years as is.

Latest content patch finally addresses the "stand still when superpowered, kill everything" and it's shaping up to be an even better game.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

pentyne posted:

seriously one of the best games in years as is.

Latest content patch finally addresses the "stand still when superpowered, kill everything" and it's shaping up to be an even better game.

Yeah, I'm really impressed with how they're building on the mechanics. They just released a roadmap today, it's looking good, though I worry about diluting the weapon pool. I guess that just makes luck a more useful upgrade.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

StrixNebulosa posted:

definitely the best way to play that game. i've been working through odyssey, on and off, since its release. only just finished the mq... it's quite hefty

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Bought a couple of Bundles this week. Here are the games that haven't been redeemed yet. All games redeem on Steam except for Max Payne 3, which needs to go into the Rockstar Social Club.

This War of Mine - 6PX9V-9W7KJ-F?0D2 (?= B)
Quantum Break - 8RVPR-H?F2H-VM4AC (?=R )
PGA Tour 2K21 - ME?PK-6PLZV-5MNLQ (?=A )
Monaco - 62852-VEX6?-CT8FB (?=J )
Supraland - 6Q37C-MA0W?-CEENC (?= Q)
Ring of Pain - ?XBN9-6ZVFK-TPX99 (?=5 )
Expeditions: Viking - G0IX4-G5KVP-PR6?G (?=Z )
Ryse: Son of Rome - 6H?KL-IAC57-IFK8Q (?= M)
Drawful 2 - GPEAD-RA?ZM-MX6HC (?= W)
Radio Commander - ZP6X6-XZ7MQ-3P?IK (?=G )
Kingdom Two Crowns - 07GC6-K?MPQ-ML3F0 (?=D )
West of Dead - 0BZN?-WKM8B-6I23V (?= P)
Driftland: The Magic Revival - ACYBL-NKG?T-8FP85 (?=T )
WARSAW - AGFP?-LKFBY-99QA5 (?= 9)
Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove - 9TVHP-BTTG3-4WR?4 (?=V )
Pikuniku - I3J96-0?4K3-6KHC4 (?=T )
Fury Unleashed - H6MPX-Q?0YX-AKE6L (?= H)
X-Morph: Defense + European Assault, Survival of the Fittest, and Last Bastion DLC - EGXLB-?8HHP-HB300 (?= 8)
Out of Reach: Treasure Royale - 9NK8?-JLIN3-JDMTJ (?= R)
Slinger VR - ?6AZZ-APX3X-M3Z9G (?= Y)
Pixplode - XIX7T-AM0?Y-5X5IC (?= L)
Gloria Victis (Expires 4/25 if not redeemed) - ?LH3Q-YNP89-NIDRN (?= 0)
EarthX - H878D-4?F88-TDGVR (?= X)
Neverout - 5V3Q5-?H2G4-ZG37Q (?= K)
Telefrag VR - DCMA2-MP65H-65V?F (?= P)
NecroWorm - G84?D-VRHGD-8WF9Q (?= 4)
Post Void - FRGHE-42?N8-LNY0B (?=Q )
Moon Hunters - WQZBE-65MH?-ANYH2 (?=6 )
The Amazing American Circus - WQ?4Q-WXQQ8-H0N2M (?=W )
Roarr! Jurassic Edition - VFXLY-XD?WD-TWTKF (?= N)
Corridor Z - W7H?R-8TX84-87CMP (?=K )
Draw Slasher - VD?LB-MLING-7K86W (?= J)
Shing! - V2PF5-HQW9W-45KL? (?=B )
The USB Stick Found in the Grass - VZYP0-RMWD4-7I?6Y (?= X)
Go Home Dinosaurs - 5X?IC-2RWPA-F7JGJ (?= A)
We Are Alright - V7H8?-WB0V5-J6TCR (?= 2)
Yoku's Island Express - EMI4L-WJTPJ-PI?XJ (?= Z )
Soulblight - 4QR9B-BVKB5-H?DIL (?= E)
GameGuru - T79?2-IXC69-ELB8D (?= 3)
Broken Age - F8MEX-NV?V6-J9PBK (?= D)
Max Payne 3 (Redeem on Rockstar Social Club) - 82HG-LJES-?3WS-4RV4 (?=M )
Driftland: The Magic Revival - ?TR9L-9RQDR-62HBH (?= P)
They Bleed Pixels - 4?JMB-5E7VA-MB6QG (?= C)
About Love Hate and the other ones - 3F8N?-DA0TN-G7MQV (?=7 )
Automachef - XIPHH-6QL27-KD?WA (?= G)
Virgo Versus The Zodiac - 7G4DP-?3QBP-56DYA (?= Q)
Crewsaders - ZQ6V2-0FVBZ-?B49V (?=6 )
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers - 8X5QX-I?7BI-6N7T0 (?=R )
Hidden Memory - Neko's Life - 5XXYF-GCX0?-QEPN2 (?=L )
Hidden Memory - Nature - 2Q4?6-FVNZE-PL8J7 (?= Y)

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Velocity Raptor posted:

Expeditions: Viking - G0IX4-G5KVP-PR6?G (?=Z )
Thank you, redeemed this. For anyone keeping track.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Velocity Raptor posted:

Virgo Versus The Zodiac - 7G4DP-?3QBP-56DYA (?= Q)
Was curious about this one, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thanks for Soulblight, was just eyeing it!