Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Scruffpuff posted:

They also give me the impression that virtual safety is literally the only thing he thinks about with every waking hour of his existence, and probably dreams about on top of that. And your point is correct - it's not PvP per se he opposes, it's non-consensual PvP, because he might not automatically win - he'd have to react and show skill, even if he's not "in the mood". You know, the very definition of dynamic, meaning not tied to player actions but something occurring spontaneously - a living breathing universe. He doesn't want that. He wants solitaire in space.

Imagine having this guy as your father. You reach for the door handle as a kid... "WAIT! YOU CAN'T GO OUT THERE! YOU COULD GET KILLED!!!!!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6351751/#Comment_6351751

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6351636/#Comment_6351636

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

kingcom posted:

High Level progamer elo 360 noscope ARMA gameplay (quoted wrong person).

ah, my bad. Operation Flashpoint was cool, never got around to ARMA

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

BeefThief posted:

Can we do drugs in the game? And if so, will we be able to experience the effects, in FPS mode?

simpsons did it first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn0chhUgWw8

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010
How does the "Chris Roberts loves coke haha" jokes started? Was he ever caught doing blow before?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shrinkage posted:

How does the "Chris Roberts loves coke haha" jokes started? Was he ever caught doing blow before?

Have you seen any of his videos?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

fuzzknot posted:

It's been done. Remember the Potato ship?

The Ageist Potato. Still in Concept. Buy now! (not really).

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010

trucutru posted:

Have you seen any of his videos?

I think thats just the way he looks all the time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Shrinkage posted:

what would you do in hollywood with 100mil of other people's money?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Marching Powder posted:

Hookers and blow.

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

Sandi Gardiner? lol

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Star citizen has*

Car dealerships.
Fishing.
Farming.
News coverage.
Garbage collection.
Space courts.
Sataball.
Mining tycoon.
Ambulance workers.
Hall monitors.
Space lawyers, for space court dlc.
Wood working/carpenter jobs.
Flight attendants/mixologists.
DJ's.
Cargo loading with grabby hands.
Farm ship.
Taxi ship**
Varients of miners/loaders/scows.
Several types of fighters ships.
Mercenaries.
65 thrilling missions***
20+ hours of mocap****

* game is in ALPHA SO ITS NOT DONE YET SO ITS FINE.

** In reality, ask for a ship you'll get one.

*** there is like 3 missions with 100 varients, it's like your parents buying you a PCPstation 100in1 games deal.

**** HA HA just kidding, there is 900+ hours of CROBERTS the movie, The game in there, suckers.

If my list is incomplete or I missed something add to it, the more ideas the better.

Paarrping the paarp, and no the game has no airhorns in it either. Its kind of sad.

Edit : http://imgur.com/0LjnfV6,Xkfc0xd

Here is the list of all missions completed in game by a reddit user, thus far.

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 12, 2016

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You have bad opinions about things.

If eating the garbage disposal of the sea is wrong then I don't want to be right.

beer i love you man and i would love to hang out with you but i think you might be the only person in all of maryland that isn't a total rear end in a top hat. this state is such an incredible shithole and ive been to 45 of 50 of em. i like new jersey more than maryland.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Unfunny Poster posted:

I've played tons of Arma, and the only time people genuinely use the kinetic alphabet to communicate is on milsim servers.

What world does this guy live in that it'd be nigh on impossible for FPS people to coordinate without the kinetic alphabet? :psyduck:
The COD phonetic alphabet is actually even easier than the regular one because it's just foxtrot alpha golf golf oscar tango.

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
Why do the running animations look so shithouse, even when they've spent all this money on mo-cap?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Eastdrom posted:

Why do the running animations look so shithouse, even when they've spent all this money on mo-cap?

I think, despite it being something they have been discussing for over two years and all of their mocap work/millions spent on the FPS stuff they still haven't integrated anything beyond what shipped with the original hangar module.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Galarox posted:

Stimpire Sandi

I see, they didn't call him Human Resources Giger for nothing. :pgabz: :eonwe:

Eastdrom posted:

Chris probably mo-capped some people running on their hands in case they add the feature and now the animators have to stitch that data to normally positioned models.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Lime Tonics posted:

Star citizen has*

Car dealerships.
Fishing.
Farming.
News coverage.
Garbage collection.
Space courts.
Sataball.
Mining tycoon.
Ambulance workers.
Hall monitors.
Space lawyers, for space court dlc.
Wood working/carpenter jobs.
Flight attendants/mixologists.
DJ's.
Cargo loading with grabby hands.
Farm ship.
Taxi ship**
Varients of miners/loaders/scows.
Several types of fighters ships.
Mercenaries.
65 thrilling missions***
20+ hours of mocap****

* game is in ALPHA SO ITS NOT DONE YET SO ITS FINE.

** In reality, ask for a ship you'll get one.

*** there is like 3 missions with 100 varients, it's like your parents buying you a PCPstation 100in1 games deal.

**** HA HA just kidding, there is 900+ hours of CROBERTS the movie, The game in there, suckers.

If my list is incomplete or I missed something add to it, the more ideas the better.

Paarrping the paarp, and no the game has no airhorns in it either. Its kind of sad.

Edit : http://imgur.com/0LjnfV6,Xkfc0xd

Here is the list of all missions completed in game by a reddit user, thus far.

BDSSE

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I just remembered that MMO the guy who won the lottery wanted to make, where you could have sex with hookerbots and get space-crabs.
http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/23/3543470/debunked-the-strange-ride-of-millionaire-game-developer-bunky-bartlett

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Eastdrom posted:

Yes.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Charlie Uniform India November Tango Hotel Echo Victor Echo Romeo Sierra Echo Charlie Oscar Mike Mike Alpha November Delta October Zero Seven

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They should add Jar Jar to the credits for how much he improves AtV

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

How long can CIG make low quality :pgabz: tribute videos before people start asking where the money went.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Eastdrom posted:

You need to have a stable production cycle as well as animators to massage that mo cap data into something useful. When Chris shows up on a coke bender and demands grabby hands that goes out the window. Start over. Also add all this new tech.

Oh and unify 1st and 3rd person animations to be consistent for ~reasons~. It might look messed up in 1st person but it will be correct and that is all that is important. So what if it makes your animators wake up in a night terror induced sweat.

Wait, no wait! We need juking and weight to everything. Start over. Here we have a pile of shitheap mo'cap data. Sandi went with Chris to the UK for vacation CEO and Marketing business. What about location specific damage. Throw that in there too.

etc.

etc.
etc.

Their poo poo production cycle (throw in blender press puree) is to blame for most of it. Then there is also Cryengine itself which seems to have a lot of built in input lag giving the characters a really non-grounded feeling.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

This bug has been there since day one by the way. They still haven't fixed it.

Edit : I just remembered when I first started playing this, when you got in the ships, it would sometimes fling you like a slingshot over 300kms away in a matter of seconds, they still haven't fixed that one either I have seen. Best one though is when you go to land and you get absorbed in the station and can get out and walk around in the voids. I think they kind of fixed that one.

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 12, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Dusty Lens posted:

How long can CIG make low quality :pgabz: tribute videos before people start asking where the money went.

~two weeks~

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

I see the Sataball defensive lineman animations are coming along well.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hi I am Chris Roberts and I don't believe in hitting real milestones in development. It will get fixed later.

So what if that's like trying to beat Oregon Trail without stopping. Press on.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:eonwe: Where is our friend SilverBullet :eonwe:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Daztek posted:

:eonwe: Where is our friend SilverBullet :eonwe:

WHEEEEEERE

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

celewign posted:

beer i love you man and i would love to hang out with you but i think you might be the only person in all of maryland that isn't a total rear end in a top hat. this state is such an incredible shithole and ive been to 45 of 50 of em. i like new jersey more than maryland.

Still better off than Virginia.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

I've played tons of Arma, and the only time people genuinely use the kinetic alphabet to communicate is on milsim servers.

What world does this guy live in that it'd be nigh on impossible for FPS people to coordinate without the kinetic alphabet? :psyduck:

Yes, he can't believe Call Of Duty players would ever use the NATO alphabet, yes, the game that helped popularized the term "Oscar Mike".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

This bug has been there since day one by the way. They still haven't fixed it.

I'm not sure they can fix it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6354495/#Comment_6354495

They still don't know how they'll work :eng99:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AP posted:

I'm not sure they can fix it.

Fixing that would just slow them down.

Daztek posted:

They still don't know how they'll work :eng99:
There is no money in actually building the PU, just the promise of one. Try in

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

I see, they didn't call him Human Resources Giger for nothing. :pgabz: :eonwe:

Chris probably mo-capped some people running on their hands in case they add the feature and now the animators have to stitch that data to normally positioned models.

kek

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Shrinkage posted:

It came from the same place as all the "sandi is so ugly/wierd looking" jokes came from, some goons are desperate to join in on the ribbing on SC, but are unable to think of good jokes on their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

The very last thing this makes me think of is "professional actress".

• Locked thread