Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The best-case scenario here is eventually Trump just fires everyone so he can have the White House to himself.

What about his family?

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Well I guess he can have them too :shrug:

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/891306603890266113

Indications accumulating we're going to need a new National Security Advisor.

Pompeo though? He's going to go from head of CIA to being the NSA? That's... a thing.

This may be a blessing to McMaster, since he didn't want the job to begin with. Amazing how Trump has to destroy any potential for dissent.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Yeah Congress will eventually win the fight

No, not "eventually" the thing you were originally talking about CAN NOT happen without Congress' approval. Trump can not revoke their healthcare or cut their salaries or anything else you think he can do. Read the Constitution.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Squalid posted:

Makes sense since Lieberman has always been in the pocket of the insurance industry, and this bill was a disaster for the insurance industry.

Plus Lieberman's ghoulish insistence on His Way or the Highway in 2009 means that Obamacare as it is is as much his baby as anyone else's.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

What's with all the lovely movie producers in the white house? mnuchin did suicide squad.

Reminder about humans being terrible.

Penn State fans are still pedo apologists because of FFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hastings posted:

This may be a blessing to McMaster, since he didn't want the job to begin with. Amazing how Trump has to destroy any potential for dissent.

true. and honestly, moving kelly out of DHS was good too. kelly while more independent in thought(then say spicer or mooch) is still a loyalist hack who has been pursuing trumps ICE bullshit hard while ignoring other poo poo. i am sure worse will come along but for now. idk.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PhazonLink posted:

Penn State fans are still pedo apologists because of FFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

"Sure, terrible things happened (to people I don't care about), but you can't turn your back on your school (and ability to live vicariously in the past via meaningless distractions that come at the price of exploitation and trauma of others)!"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

It's true!

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/09/02/outrage-over-penn-state-plan-honor-paterno (From last year but still.)

quote:

According to the documents, a man identified as John Doe 150 testified in 2014 that he was molested by Sandusky when he was 14, and that he reported the abuse to Paterno in 1976. "I don't want to hear about any of that kind of stuff," Paterno allegedly told the boy. "I have a football season to worry about." The documents include several allegations that other Penn State officials ignored claims of abuse against Sandusky for decades, as well.

Let that sink in. Not John Doe, Not John Doe 43. John Doe 150.

Molestation / sexual assault, cover-ups for the rapists :rolleyes:

FOOOOOTBAAAAAAL.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 29, 2017

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

gently caress him, my boy Joe Biden gets credit for this.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Pander posted:

This is David Lynch's presidency.

Lynch movies/shows make more sense than anything in this presidency.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

No, like, you really, seriously don't understand how government works. At all. There's a lot of dumb poo poo Trump can get away with through executive actions, but there's nothing he can do to Congress that Congress can't trivially undo with the stroke of a pen. Even his ability to turbofuck them in the Republican primaries through the bully pulpit is mitigated by the party's control of the campaign fund purse strings -- a threat that might have had more weight behind it had he not just fired the former head of the RNC in a humiliating fashion.

I think Trump is going to get some weird records, things nobody thought to track before. Like number of times he got the entire house and senate to vote lockstep against him. See Russia sanctions.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Republican Media: "Republican forms of government are outdated"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's pretty annoying that the admin is so terrible that mattis gets a pass. dude's a war criminal and islamophobe.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Hijinks Ensue posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don jr sure has been quiet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Prebius didn't remember the tooth. Sad!

Caros
May 14, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

He is dead. Has been for a week.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hijinks Ensue posted:

You can get a coherent narrative out of most David Lynch movies (though not without a few caveats). That anybody thought about plopping the semi-senile dipshit that now occupies the position of POTUS into the presidential race must have been huffing paint after significant blood loss.

Also, Lynch's goofy hairdo makes him look like an endearing dork, while Trump's combover just gets sadder and unintentionally funnier with age.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

FizFashizzle posted:

Someone is smart enough to do what their lawyer tells them.

Pence has also been pretty quiet, hasn't he. (On Russia, but also in general)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

glowing-fish posted:

Someone is smart enough to do what their lawyer tells them.

Pence has also been pretty quiet, hasn't he. (On Russia, but also in general)

I feel like he was ready to loudly boast about passing the skinny repeal until it was gonna fail and he just snuck out of the senate

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Gyges posted:

He's not even the most ridiculous person in the administration.

Is Ringo the best drummer in the world?

John: Ringo isn't the best drummer in the Beatles.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

remember when don jr posted proof of his guilt as if it exonerated him?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Paracaidas posted:

In addition to evidently putting her career of research and reporting to decent predictive use, she consistently drives the worst of LeftTwitter nuts. So it's all pretty good?

what'd she do to upset the tankies

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Holy poo poo I actually didn't

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

That was like 10 days ago, right? Holy gently caress, this is what time feels like when it doesn't quite stop, isn't it?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Wark Say posted:

That was like 10 days ago, right? Holy gently caress, this is what time feels like when it doesn't quite stop, isn't it?

18 days ago, but yes.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Remember how that actually worked for a lot of people? I still see daily posts about how Don Jr was so honest, unlike hillary clinton. It makes me want to gouge my loving eyes out like I'm in event horizon or some poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Billy the Mountain posted:

Is Ringo the best drummer in the world?

John: Ringo isn't the best drummer in the Beatles.

Fun fact: this is a made up quote from some skit like 3 years after Lennon was killed.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

You can get a coherent narrative out of most David Lynch movies (though not without a few caveats). That anybody thought about plopping the semi-senile dipshit that now occupies the position of POTUS into the presidential race must have been huffing paint after significant blood loss.

Also, Lynch's goofy hairdo makes him look like an endearing dork, while Trump's combover just gets sadder and unintentionally funnier with age.

It's blonde, too! Natural for a 72 year-old!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

glowing-fish posted:

18 days ago, but yes.
Almost 3 weeks ago. Like, honest to goodness, I had almost forgotten if not for the fact that this week the Kush, Manassfort and Don Jr testified behind closed doors. Or was that just the Kush?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Going back one news story (which got superseded by Racist Pigshit within 12 fukkin hours, lol), but do y'all think McCain would've voted no without the cancer?

It's fun to consider whether this is a morbid lame-duck move, or seeing the error of his ways, or whether he was planning this since "I prefer heroes who weren't captured"

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

I read this love letter to McCain twice.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

glowing-fish posted:

18 days ago, but yes.

10 days because his daddy says only business days/week days count.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
loving lol

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/891033871181021184

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Today is so loving boring.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

There is no way this happened.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Responses to this tweet include a lot of people agreeing that John McCain is only pretending to have cancer as part of some sort of conspiracy.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/891372667261026304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

I love that Trump is almost guaranteed to take the vindictive route and just refuse to put forth the funding for the current health care system out of pure spite. Apparently it's 3 weeks out until the funding has to be put forward. Just impeccable inspiring leadership as always.

• Locked thread