Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just found out that the reason I paid too much tax this month was because HMRC did gently caress up, but not how I initially thought. Turned out, the reason for the tax code change that took an extra £160 out of my pay was because I owed tax from a few years ago. Supposed to be paid back over 12 months the system thought I wouldn't be earning enough, panicked and took 4 lots out at once. Happily it's been sorted out now, I'll get a rebate this month then next tax year my taxes will increase by £40~ a month for that year to pay off the owed amount. Which is way more reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm reading several fanfiction pieces at once, all deriving from the same piece of conventional fiction, and I'm starting to get timelines mixed up.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mikl posted:

I'm reading several fanfiction pieces at once, all deriving from the same piece of conventional fiction, and I'm starting to get timelines mixed up.

I think you need to see a lobotomist.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I pulled my shoulder. It isn't serious and it isn't like my job is going to aggravate it but drat it it still hurts a bit and is very inconvenient.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Cowslips Warren posted:

This morning, when barely awake in that daze of gotta pee and wake up, my mom told me she found an empty chicken styrofoam sleeve in the backyard. And then a full one, with drumsticks, which we don't buy. Also in the backyard, like someone had chucked it over the fence. Thankfully the dogs were inside due to the monsoon last night, but now I'm loving paranoid someone was trying to poison our dogs or some thief is trying to case the place.

It wasn't that windy last night. The empty sleeve possibly blew in from garbage cans, but a full 10 pounds of thawing rotten drumsticks did not. Also there were NO ants on the package, so for being out overnight, that is freaking wrong.

This is like the time I saw a whole pigs head in the street but didn't take a picture and even thought there's a butchers nearby so it is logically possible I still can't discount that I imagine it and it makes me kind of paranoid thinking about it.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
My friend was being a huge rear end in a top hat over something and I got mad at him for it. Now I feel bad for being mad at him even though he 100% deserved it.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I just learned that the Crypt of the Necrodancer people are putting on a free concert the night before PAX starts, but I can't bring myself to add a fifth day of traveling to/from Seattle. I didn't get a hotel because I spent more than enough on my trip to England this year. :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I left my door unlocked all night. I’ve done this before. My building is so safe that there’s absolutely no risk of even one of the other tenants breaking (ok coming) in; but regardless, it made me uneasy to discover it this morning.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

I left my door unlocked all night. I’ve done this before. My building is so safe that there’s absolutely no risk of even one of the other tenants breaking (ok coming) in; but regardless, it made me uneasy to discover it this morning.

You know he is right behind you the moment you read this.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I wanted to play Switch on the TV instead of handheld mode, but my wife claims the TV for the SVU marathon that runs pretty much every Sunday on USA now.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can't spell "sevur" without SVU.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

PMS is really bad this time around. So many idiots need to be kicked and my leg hurts.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cuntellectual posted:

Speaking of sequels there isn't a new Metal Gear Rising announcement yet.

Three and a half years later and this is still true, and is likely to remain true forever.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Of course there hasn't been; people actually want a MGR sequel, and Konami is absolutely committed to making things no one asked for or wanted. Survive is Exhibit goddamn A.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I’m going to Birmingham on Friday for i63 and to meet up with a load of friends. My period was due to start yesterday, but other than a few very brief mild cramps, I still haven’t had anything, and I just KNOW it’s going to start on Friday and make me have horrible horrible cramps the whole journey and the whole weekend. :argh:

Also I went to i61 last year and it was a super hot weekend, but I was a stubborn git and wore jeans and a hoodie and it sucked. I’ve lost a stone and a half since then and am much more comfortable in summer clothes now (shorts are so comfy holy poo poo), but of course this time the weather is going to be cloudy and probably cold. :saddowns:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Went at the pool and some dickhead stole my towel. It was worth nothing but I really wanted to go home dry. Hate this town.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I have to charge my watch.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm going on vacation with stitches in my throat.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm going on vacation with stitches in my throat.

:stare:

What? Did I miss something?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Soooo I got a job offer.
But I have to do one more meeting that is just about any lingering questions I have.

My current job has conditioned me to think any and all meetings are negative/disciplinary.

I genuinely think I may need therapy because of this place.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Soooo I got a job offer.
But I have to do one more meeting that is just about any lingering questions I have.

My current job has conditioned me to think any and all meetings are negative/disciplinary.

This is me after 13 years of retail.

We have fortnightly coaching sessions and every time, I think my manager is going to tear me a new one.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thin Privilege posted:

:stare:

What? Did I miss something?

I had a sebaceous cyst in neck right where my thyroid is. I had it surgically removed a week ago, stitches stay in for 3 weeks! I go on vacation in 4 days.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Intoluene posted:

This is me after 13 years of retail.

We have fortnightly coaching sessions and every time, I think my manager is going to tear me a new one.

Oh, God, yes. If the boss asks to talk to me in the office, I immediately start wondering what I could have done.

That reminds me, if you're called to the office, never walk in asking what they figured out you did. They don't think that's funny.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Leavemywife posted:

Oh, God, yes. If the boss asks to talk to me in the office, I immediately start wondering what I could have done.

That reminds me, if you're called to the office, never walk in asking what they figured out you did. They don't think that's funny.

My go to is an upbeat “what’s up?” Obviously depends on how much of a harass psycopayh your manager is but it’s always worked for me. You can adjust it to that like, “hi! You wanted to have a talk?” Or something like that.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 19:24 on Aug 21, 2018

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

Soooo I got a job offer.

So I have kind of the opposite issue right now. I got a job without actually interviewing or meeting the manager, because I've worked with the assistant manager before and they really desperately needed someone for this spot. I am constantly worried that I'm not going to be good enough at the job and it will reflect poorly on both me and the assistant manager, and it actually doesn't help that I have significantly fewer responsibilities than my last job. This place is basically paying me to stand at a desk and be nice to people but previous jobs have conditioned me to ALWAYS BE BUSY and I'm kind of freaking out.

Also my new shoes kind of hurt and it sucks. I just bought them because I needed nice shoes for this job and they seemed comfortable in the store and when I wore them around the house, but they really start pinching my toes after a while because I have fat goon feet. :sigh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh I totally know what that's like.
Some of my friends/former co-workers have moved to other places that pay better for less work and they all have this deep, unrelenting fear that a manager will burst through the door and start yelling.

Actual, stupid FWP:
I REALLY want to get a "Sorry For Your Loss" cake for my last day. Unfortunately my last day is probably going to be 9/11 :smith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom refuses to drive a little longer if the alternative is doing a u-turn. Which is why she backed into a loving parked car today, then realized the insurance card was a month expired, and got pissed at ME because she 'thought she gave it to me to make copies.' Cue me digging frantically through probably close to 20 pounds of mail to find the month old envelope with our new cards in them.

Which also pisses ME off to no end because she never gave me the loving cards, and I've been driving for a month with no valid insurance card.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I wanted to go run tonight but there's a loving thunderstorm outside :mad:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mikl posted:

I wanted to go run tonight but there's a loving thunderstorm outside :mad:

I wanted to go run but the air quality here is 3x worse than Beijing because apparently half of California is burning

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I did not want to run despite the weather being perfect for running

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I bought new shoes for this job because they have a dress code and poo poo, wore them for several days and hosed up my feet, then found out I didn't even need them. I realized the employee handbook didn't say anything about shoes, so I decided to try my luck today and wore a pretty pair of Dr Martens boots. I figured the worst thing that can happen is they can make me go home or change shoes or whatever, but nobody seemed to care. The manager walked up, said something like "are those roses on your boots?" and I said yeah, and that was pretty much it. :shrug:

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I am constantly having to play catch up at work because the night shift are not doing their jobs,
also some jerk keeps putting garbage in the cardboard bin and cardboard in the garbage it's driving me nuts :bang:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
This is uber I’m ins’ bass is too loud and this is from someone who loves bass

He’s listening to a rap song I like but it’s on the radio so it’s censored like crazy

I have to stop taking uber for the aforementioned, and other, reasons

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

oldpainless posted:

I did not want to run despite the weather being perfect for running

I want to go running for the first time in like, 2 years today after work but I know I won’t :smith:

E: update: I did not go running.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Aug 27, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I cut my thumb so I have to type on my phone with my index finger and poo poo is constantly wrong and it’s really irritating.

E:holy crap I didn’t realize I posted 3 times in a row. Sorry :(

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
A favorite Youtuber for this air fighting game called War Thunder posted a montage glorifying Rhodesia that hit 150k views, and the comments are almost universally positive, blaming Jews for why it fell.

This is why you have to be wary of people who like the Luftwaffe a little too much.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I cracked a tooth that had a root canal done on it. Getting it extracted in a couple weeks. I'm just lucky it doesn't hurt at all and there's no infection.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Holy gently caress I am in the McDonald’s drive through and it’s taking forever and THIS BITCH 2 cars ahead of me at the food pickup window just asked to speak to a manager!!!! Aaaaaaa I just want my drat $1 drink! God. You stuuuupiiiidd bitch. I want to honk so badly. Or yell at her. If it’s 3 more min I’m gonna yell.

Update: I got out of my car, yelled at her and nicely told the manager who was talking to her while yelling at her that I’m a loving manager at a different place and she’s about to cost the store about 10 customers so over $100 which is a loving lot at the late night shift.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:44 on Aug 30, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My Fitbit's inner heart rate monitor has decided, at least a couple times this week, that my heart is racing. I'd be worried that my heart was actually racing, except that each of the times its done this is when I've had the thing off my wrist to shower/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Thin Privilege posted:

Holy gently caress I am in the McDonald’s drive through and it’s taking forever and THIS BITCH 2 cars ahead of me at the food pickup window just asked to speak to a manager!!!! Aaaaaaa I just want my drat $1 drink! God. You stuuuupiiiidd bitch. I want to honk so badly. Or yell at her. If it’s 3 more min I’m gonna yell.

Update: I got out of my car, yelled at her and nicely told the manager who was talking to her while yelling at her that I’m a loving manager at a different place and she’s about to cost the store about 10 customers so over $100 which is a loving lot at the late night shift.

lol just go to any vending machine and get a can of the exact same kind of pop for the same amount of money. Unless you like your drinks watered down and dispensed from a nozzle that hasn't been cleaned in months if you're lucky.