Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

LLSix posted:

Arena is a surprisingly good source of income until you get some good units. Don't forget to collect your guild seals. If you haven't yet, spend them all this week. Any time the guild gets up to the 20k or 40k seals level is a good time to spend them if you're new. At those levels you'll get better cards.

Gem Blossoms rarely gets 5k seals weekly from what I’ve seen, so I don’t think we’ll be hitting the heights of 20-40k anytime soon. Without Annointed we’d only be hitting task level 2/3 on each weekly task too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Goblins are still really good for the early game, even more so if you score a Fizzbang. But even with just ultrrares it punches above its weight.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

I’ve found that azura and jar of eyes/mountain crusher let’s me have a good chance against most teams. They are quite easy to get as well.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
In Gem Boys, there are not even 200 towers yet for 2 more Chaos Orbs.. So if you still have some tokens it'd be awesome if we could get that done.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

voodoo dog posted:

In Gem Boys, there are not even 200 towers yet for 2 more Chaos Orbs.. So if you still have some tokens it'd be awesome if we could get that done.

I’ve got about 15 tokens left or so I’ll try and burn through them.

Looks like we need 150 more towers at this point.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

voodoo dog posted:

It wasn’t much but I tried to help. We can do it boiz!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Just 60 more towers!

Edit: 35!

Edit2: 10!

0!

LLSix fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 8, 2018

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
BLASTIN' DEM SEALS!

Hey, we're at 30, looks like there's some long time inactives! Time to PURGE!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

LRADIKAL posted:

BLASTIN' DEM SEALS!

If this is the Boiz, I've started playing again and while I don't PvP I could help with the money and seal grind a little, so it'll be better than inactive! :buddy:

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

LRADIKAL posted:

BLASTIN' DEM SEALS!

I’m interested in moving to Boiz when slots are available.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
What's the first thing I should do with my diamonds? Right now I mostly use a Glaycion/Giant Spider/Yao Guai/Titan Hero team. The only mythic I've pulled is Jotnar Stormshield, who doesn't seem like he quite has enough synergy to be amazing, compared to stupid amounts of board conversion abuse I can do with Glaycion.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Infernus is still probably the best mythic, but he's had a couple light nerfs recently. Pharos-Ra is important to craft early for soul farming. Ubastet is still really strong in the right team.

I'd probably still suggest them in that order. Famine and Ketras are also pretty strong once you are looking for more to craft.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Bandire posted:

Infernus is still probably the best mythic, but he's had a couple light nerfs recently. Pharos-Ra is important to craft early for soul farming. Ubastet is still really strong in the right team.

I'd probably still suggest them in that order. Famine and Ketras are also pretty strong once you are looking for more to craft.

Thanks for the advice - so weapons aren't worth looking at first? I see a lot of Dawnbringer mentions

Is it a set rotation when Infernus will become available to craft in the Soul Forge?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Dawnbringer is great, but its a fairly late game weapon. It costs something like 1.6 million souls to craft. You will want it eventually, but its very much a long term goal after you have most/all your troops leveled up. I view it as something to do with your souls once you are out of troops to spend them on. Build a fast soul farming team, pick a troop you want to trait, and do explores farming that arcane with a soul farming team. Just don't try and farm it directly. It will make you nuts.

We are on roughly a seven week mythic crafting cycle. Four of the rotated mythics are available to craft every week. Once every mythic has appeared in that cycle, the order is shuffled and it starts over. The third week just started, and neither Infernus or Pharos-Ra have come up yet in this cycle. Here's a tracker: https://www.taransworld.com/SoulForge/

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm in the gem blossoms, sorry to disappoint.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

This is probably somewhere in the thread, but...any suggestions on Guild War defense teams (maybe even for specific days)? I finally have a significant number of troops such that I might be able to put non-basically-random defense teams together.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

LRADIKAL posted:

Your never a disappointment!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

LRADIKAL posted:

Well then hello, comrade

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Can I get an invite to one of the guilds? My code is

Zooey_7DOQ

I played a bunch a few years ago but I can't get back into my old account so I had to start over.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Trying to work Megavore into my Red attack team.

Right now, I'm running

Megavore***
Ubastet***
Infernus***
Ogryn***
Lantern Banner

I'm thinking of putting Ice Aegis in and dropping Ubastet or Infernus. Ice let's me put the hero at the front with Titan's barrier on brown.

Thoughts, tips etc?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I used Gargoyle/Divinia/Dawnbringer-Titan/Megavore. It was mostly Gargoyles show.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Does a different weapon on your hero count as a unique troop for Guild War defense, or hero can only be used once as a unique troop period?
Also, I just remembered to buy a couple levels of Sentinels, wish I had done so earlier.

Is the Gem Bois Guild Wars ranking sliding downward over the past few weeks? I'm totally unclear on how these brackets/rankings work.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
We do have a lot of people not participating. Even opening it up and doing one guild battle a day with a unique defense would help a ton.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Depends posted:

We do have a lot of people not participating. Even opening it up and doing one guild battle a day with a unique defense would help a ton.

Participating and not getting trampled are two different things. I try and I get steamrolled mostly.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I didn't know that was a game mode, so thanks!

Also thanks for the newbie tips from earlier. Atlanta is doing work and I'm trying out different supports to buff her.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Participating and not getting trampled are two different things. I try and I get steamrolled mostly.

It's 2000 points per day of you set 4 unique troops for defense for each day and you do at least one battle, win or lose. Yesterday we lost by 5000 points, and have three players who didn't participate at all. I think the lowest three scores are ignored, but still it's a good illustration of how low-level players can still help.

I understand if you don't want to waste your time losing an impossible battle. The rewards aren't even that great in comparison to all the recent additions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OK so my week can get pretty messed up but I kinda don't understand this guild wars thing.

Like if I do one battle a day I won't even get through the first 5 battles right? Like if I Do all of them on friday I can do all the days at once?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
All 30 guild wars scores get counted. Players have asked since the introduction of this mode for it to be 27/30, but devs haven’t done that.

The way Guild Wars works is that
(1) every day you get five sigils for that day’s war.
(2) as long as you enter and complete a single battle—win or lose—you can earn as much as 2000 points for your defense team that day.
(3) if you do not use all five sigils that day, you can use them later in the week.
(4) you can forfeit all remaining sigils for a given day, moving you to the next day’s war (different opposition guild and bonus color).
(5) you can not go back to an earlier day after you skip it.
(6) at the end of each 24 hour period, all points earned by all 30 players in both guilds are totaled. The winner gets a neat prize.
(7) at the end of the week, the six daily scores from all ten teams in the bracket are totaled. The teams are then potentially shifted up or down based on their rank within the bracket: #1 goes up two brackets, #2-3 go up one, #4-7 stay put, #8-9 go down one bracket, and #10 goes down two.

And yes, Gem Boiz has been slowly slipping down the rankings. Part of this is that we have more new players than we did immediately after the last major reorganization, which means more people who have trouble going 4-1 or 5-0 with any team, let alone an on-color one. Another part is that we are dealing with more inactive players than we used to. Such is life. We’ve never been a particularly tryhard guild, though we have members who are individually awesome at most game modes. I don’t want to be the one who starts talking about instituting minimum activity levels. (This is in part because I am having trouble taking care of “daily” tasks lately, let alone the larger modes like Raid, Invasion, or class/faction events.)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

All 30 guild wars scores get counted. Players have asked since the introduction of this mode for it to be 27/30, but devs haven’t done that.

The way Guild Wars works is that
(1) every day you get five sigils for that day’s war.
(2) as long as you enter and complete a single battle—win or lose—you can earn as much as 2000 points for your defense team that day.
(3) if you do not use all five sigils that day, you can use them later in the week.
(4) you can forfeit all remaining sigils for a given day, moving you to the next day’s war (different opposition guild and bonus color).
(5) you can not go back to an earlier day after you skip it.
(6) at the end of each 24 hour period, all points earned by all 30 players in both guilds are totaled. The winner gets a neat prize.
(7) at the end of the week, the six daily scores from all ten teams in the bracket are totaled. The teams are then potentially shifted up or down based on their rank within the bracket: #1 goes up two brackets, #2-3 go up one, #4-7 stay put, #8-9 go down one bracket, and #10 goes down two.

And yes, Gem Boiz has been slowly slipping down the rankings. Part of this is that we have more new players than we did immediately after the last major reorganization, which means more people who have trouble going 4-1 or 5-0 with any team, let alone an on-color one. Another part is that we are dealing with more inactive players than we used to. Such is life. We’ve never been a particularly tryhard guild, though we have members who are individually awesome at most game modes. I don’t want to be the one who starts talking about instituting minimum activity levels. (This is in part because I am having trouble taking care of “daily” tasks lately, let alone the larger modes like Raid, Invasion, or class/faction events.)

This seems overly complicated lol

Thanks though I think I understand it.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Grundulum posted:

I frequently forget about the Guild Wars, reminders in this thread help :shobon:

I had a couple really fun come-from behind matches between getting stomped.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Guess I'm setting up teams and doing guild wars? I fought a battle and it was easy... also it was worth PVP rank?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

waffles beyond waffles posted:

It's 2000 points per day of you set 4 unique troops for defense for each day and you do at least one battle, win or lose. Yesterday we lost by 5000 points, and have three players who didn't participate at all. I think the lowest three scores are ignored, but still it's a good illustration of how low-level players can still help.

I understand if you don't want to waste your time losing an impossible battle. The rewards aren't even that great in comparison to all the recent additions.

I have done all five battles pretty much every guild wars day since I joined. I haven’t won them all, or even most, but I’ve started trying to use different troops and the right colors. Maybe if I’m on the road I will miss a day or week but I’m trying to do my part since I get so much from being in the guild.

Just sucks to get steamrolled some days. Badly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have done all five battles pretty much every guild wars day since I joined. I haven’t won them all, or even most, but I’ve started trying to use different troops and the right colors. Maybe if I’m on the road I will miss a day or week but I’m trying to do my part since I get so much from being in the guild.

Just sucks to get steamrolled some days. Badly.

Isn't winning a lot more important than attacker troop colors?

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Yes.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Speaking of winning, Gargoyle is loving amazing. Tanks, explodes, and does a ton of damage.

For brown day I went with Titan-Mountain Crusher/Gargoyle/Famine. The 4th slot was Megavore or Fallen Valdis. Three of my opponents used Divines for defense, so it was nice to give Valdis a spin.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I really hate the Ubastet/Ishbala teams. I can beat them with The Dragon Soul teams if I get lucky but otherwise they just stomp all over me.

Fake Edit: Its worth letting us know when you get your first orange or light blue card. We can help you build a team around it and it'll carry you through the next couple hundred levels. TDS was my first orange card and it is still in most of my good teams.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 12, 2018

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm a dumbass and used my brown team yesterday, but I went 10 for 10 this week with:

Double Brown
+9 Mountain Crusher Titan
Ketras
Magnus
Scorpius

Edit: Magnus probably could have been anything, and I'm not sure how much Scorpius helped either. Ketras is brutal and I got him filled super quick every match with Mountain Crusher.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 12, 2018

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

What's the deal with gnomes and the vault? They were introduced while I wasn't playing and I haven't touched it yet.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Can I get a guild invite? I'm IMPERMANENT_XEBN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://imgur.com/a/fiad0Db
Not pictured, level 19 wrath

edit: this is so you can help me make teams!

I'm in Gem Blossoms! GB ftw!

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 13, 2018