Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

This popped up in my feed. I am 100% done with the people on my facebook today.

Anyone got the numbers on how much aid flows into Africa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm really not sure how this dude goes from tagging his wife in "why don't you do this?" big boob cosplay posts to sharing this from Divorce, Separation and Single Support group. Maybe she wised up? I doubt it, which makes this double wtf worthy.

When you share a picture from a friend's feed that they shared from someone else, it shows up on your feed as "shared (original page)'s photo" instead of "shared (friend)'s photo".

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

According to this article, several billion dollars back in 2014. Sub-Saharan countries got 36 billion, West and Central got 13 billion (including Sudan and Syria), and overall everyone got a share of 135 billion.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/apr/08/foreign-aid-spending-2014-least-developed-countries

The Australian gov (since the meme was shared from an Australian page) in comparison is paying 700 million over 4 years to help Syrian refugees.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

chitoryu12 posted:

"Borgenproject.org posted:

In 2012, the United States provided nearly $12 billion in official development assistance (“ODA”) to African nations. The ODA is allocated to education, health, infrastructure and economic development programs in recipient countries. Currently, the United States allocates foreign aid to 47 African nations and USAID operates 27 missions on the continent.

So that's a pretty big chunk of the US total aid budget.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

When you share a picture from a friend's feed that they shared from someone else, it shows up on your feed as "shared (original page)'s photo" instead of "shared (friend)'s photo".

Oh, got ya. That makes a bit more sense.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If only we let those people get murdered for their political beliefs! We could have solved world hunger by now! Now excuse me while I let a bunch of groceries rot in my fridge while I eat fast food for dinner instead.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Aid to Africa increased by 600% under Bush's administration. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Obama has at least kept up with current support, if not increased it. Kenyan

I can't find it now, but I read that the price of AIDS medication went from $10k/year to $20/year because of the extra subsidies and support.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
My god, he's not even upset about any of these issues. He's just upset that he didn't get preferential treatment when he immigrated from another country (Bangladesh).

edit:

Now I just kinda feel sorry and sad for him. He doesn't even know that Margaret Thatcher hated feminists and was never one.

(we're all in canada)

:smith:

Horrible Smutbeast has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Mar 14, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

gently caress this guy, he's the epitome of concern trolling.

chitoryu12 posted:

God, my brain translated that into "how much AIDs flows into Africa?"

...I think I need a break from this thread.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So when do we start calling this Redpill stuff a religion? They have a prophet, a book, mantras and some serious beliefs.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

That's a sad person right there :(

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Scathach posted:

So when do we start calling this Redpill stuff a religion? They have a prophet, a book, mantras and some serious beliefs.

We don't, I don't want them getting tax exempt status.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
This terrible argument is in progress on Facebook

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The completely dead sigma subreddit also lead me to this completely dead blog that is just chockful of... I'm not sure how to qualify this dude's posts. But there sure is a lot of delusion.

quote:

Omega Humans

In studying humans on my own, I’ve noticed something too: most omegas are alphas.

Omegas are often alphas, but just in the wrong group or culture.

And they hate you for that. They know you are top dog in a certain group. That you could have it easy, be respected, and most important of all have all the mating rights with the right culture.

And that last reason is why they hate you. So they want to CRUSH YOU (get inside your head, create bad memories for a life time) as competition before you take your position of power.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm glad that two people obviously didn't read the article, or even the headline most likely.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I'm glad that two people obviously didn't read the article, or even the headline most likely.

Wait I thought the comments were part of the article?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

It seems like assigning a Greek letter to a percieved social caste is the MRA equivalent to Tumblr's ever growing list of genders.

I am a delta male, my pronouns are delt, delts, deltself

Brave New World Wannabe posted:

Omega Humans

In studying humans on my own, I’ve noticed something too: most omegas are alphas.

And they hate you for that. They know you are top dog in a certain group. That you could have it easy, be respected, and most important of all have all the mating rights with the right culture.

And that last reason is why they hate you. So they want to CRUSH YOU (get inside your head, create bad memories for a life time) as competition before you take your position of power.

"The Chad's are keeping me down! I would drown in pussy if the Alphas didn't gang stalk me!"

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

at least the tumblr stuff isn't straight up hateful

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

FlyinPingu posted:

Yeah, the tumblr stuff is at most annoying and overall harmless. This MRA poo poo has already ended in one mass shooting, and I imagine countless other smaller attacks especially on women that haven't made the news.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm just wondering how the Redpillers feel about the Wachowskis now.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Cleretic posted:

I'm just wondering how the Redpillers feel about the Wachowskis now.

They still venerate them as Alpha males females. Serious answer: I think they've long forgotten and left behind the origin of their whole redpill culture. It's still bizarre to me that of the many things you can philosophically take from that film, that one little segment of a little scene is what they latched onto.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

FlyinPingu posted:

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yeah, the tumblr stuff is at most annoying and overall harmless. This MRA poo poo has already ended in one mass shooting, and I imagine countless other smaller attacks especially on women that haven't made the news.

That sounds like Lambda male talk to me :colbert:

Karma Monkey posted:

They still venerate them as Alpha males females. Serious answer: I think they've long forgotten and left behind the origin of their whole redpill culture. It's still bizarre to me that of the many things you can philosophically take from that film, that one little segment of a little scene is what they latched onto.

The Matrix is the epitome of pop philosophy, and the redpill bluepill choice is an incredible pretentious scene that can be applied to absolutely any "binary" decision.

This fits MRAs perfectly, what with their feigned personas of Byronic intellectuals.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Dreddout posted:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Can't speak for himself, can only deal with conflict through violence, hostile towards new encounters, only friend is a guy only used for personal gain.

Pretty lovely people, really.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I identify as an Eta male. That is to say, I think we should kill and eat all men.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Slime posted:

I identify as an Eta male. That is to say, I think we should kill and eat all men.

An ETA male is always saying he's about to cum.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Fathis Munk posted:

Omega Humans

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Now I just kinda feel sorry and sad for him. He doesn't even know that Margaret Thatcher hated feminists and was never one.

I thought that was fairly common in America.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

gently caress you idiots from my old home town. You are why I turned my back and never looked back. Amusingly, the moron who posted this was one of the dumbest, most ill-behaved kids in my class.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

The part of the gun in his mouth says "NEO" on it; A Good Secular Marxist Cartoon

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Disproportionation posted:

I thought that was fairly common in America.

Most Americans are taught about Margaret Thatcher in the sense of "She was a Prime Minister of England before you were born." The details of her time just don't have a lot of relevancy to most people.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

swampland posted:

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Mother watches fictional and stupid TV show, imagines her daughter's toy is made by pedopholes: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pedophilia-symbol-on-toy_us_56e6c6bbe4b0860f99d98178

This is about as stupid as the mother that thought her kid's school bus had a pentagram in the tail light.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Dreddout posted:

?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

gently caress you idiots from my old home town. You are why I turned my back and never looked back. Amusingly, the moron who posted this was one of the dumbest, most ill-behaved kids in my class.

Okay, another piece of evidence on why I am a dumbass, my first thought was, ":downs: Yeah, you fiddle with your own belt. That's nice and distracting if you need something to do with your hands." Ugh.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Scathach posted:

Mother watches fictional and stupid TV show, imagines her daughter's toy is made by pedopholes: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pedophilia-symbol-on-toy_us_56e6c6bbe4b0860f99d98178

This is about as stupid as the mother that thought her kid's school bus had a pentagram in the tail light.

I used to work for the company that sold the toy at its live event (Monster Jam - it's motocross stunts and monster trucks, but Feld Entertainment also does Disney on Ice and Ringling Brothers and Marvel Live) and they take that poo poo seriously. Their chotchkies are ridiculously overpriced, but the slightest complaint (other than animal welfare) gets poo poo done so lightening fast, it's not even funny.

I took the ice show I worked on to Qatar, and on the slightest mention of modesty, they had me augmenting any sort of costume that showed the slightest bit of skin.

Beyond all that, the mother is loving stupid because her daughter saw something similar on Law and Order: SVU and now there's a fake uproar. It's a heart within a heart, for gently caress's sake, it's not a pedophile symbol. Also, why the gently caress would a pedophile symbol be printed on a toy? Like, the whole idea behind those FAKE symbols is that it's for other pedophiles to identify each other. :psyduck:

Content:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

Okay, another piece of evidence on why I am a dumbass, my first thought was, ":downs: Yeah, you fiddle with your own belt. That's nice and distracting if you need something to do with your hands." Ugh.

Hey at least your childhood wasn't hosed up enough to see a belt and feel horror :unsmith: That's honestly great!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scathach posted:

Hey at least your childhood wasn't hosed up enough to see a belt and feel horror :unsmith: That's honestly great!

Oh hey, that actually is a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4p9ns4eAQ

I think it's the black demonologist, Douglas Jackson.

Edit: It would be even more hilarious if it turns out that ghosts, demons, etc. are all totally real and demon hunters like this are actually providing a secret service to the community....but they can never get recruits because they just try to put out awkward fake-sounding ads on Craigslist and haven't figured out why it's not working yet.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Well, I didn't get too many people posting about pi day this year. More than one person posting about how it was steak and blowjob day though.