Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
That seems doable? I've got most of them at 4* now except Chop and Sabine and that's without fully clearing the Phoenix event at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Because people should see this and it's at the bottom of the last page

Malgrin posted:

Phoenix Flash Event Details
Mission 1 Requirements: Hera Syndulla, Ezra Bridger, and Kanan Jarrus (4-star or higher) Destroy Imperial supply shipments on Lothal!
02_DESC| Requirements: Hera Syndulla, Sabine Wren, and Chopper (4-star or higher) Storm the Imperial Hangar and destroy parked TIE FIGHTERS!
03_DESC| Requirements: Hera Syndulla, Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios, and Kanan Jarrus (4-star or higher) Intercept an Imperial transport on Lothal and gather critical intelligence from Imperial Officers!
04_DESC| Requirements: Five Phoenix members (5-star or higher) This mission is very difficult

From what I've heard, with good mods, you can do the 4th tier with 5 5* G8 Phoenix, probably level 75+, maybe 80-85. First time rewards are a Furnace, a Stun Cuff, and 3 zeta mats. First time rewards for the other three tiers appear to be 5 dot mods.

Thrawn event:

Malgrin posted:

tldr: if you think you have a chance at all 7*s, you HAVE to go for Zeb. If you don't think you'll get anywhere near that in 3 weeks, drop Zeb and go for Sabine, 5* is doable in 3 weeks.

The following math is assuming you have 65 shards for everyone. 5* requires an additional 80 shards, then 85 more for 6* (165), and 100 more for 7 (265). With 3x cantina refreshes, that's 525 cantina energy per day, or about 22 shards per day, doubled to 44 for the next couple days. With three double days, you're looking at 528 shards total. This means that to get them to 7*, you just need an additional 2 shards to get there. With some RNG, you might need to buy Ezra 2-3 times from fleet shipments. This will also generate 853 cantina credit per day, with 3 double days that gets you to 255 Chopper shards. You might need to do a couple 200 refreshes to get him there, depending on whether or not you have any savings (do it now while it's double drops if you're going for 7*), or you can supplement with the shard shop. If you can manage top 200 in arena, that's 10 Kanan per day, or 210 Kanan shards. You'll need to supplement an additional 55 shards for 7* (but if you manage closer to top 5, you'll be fine). Zeb comes in at 15 per day, so 17 days for 7*. While we don't know what Sabine's drop rates will look like, I think fives shards per day from the guild shop is a safe estimate, with an additional shard from hard node, coming in at 126 shards, or 140 for 7*. With the shard shop rate of 1000 credit per 5, You'll need to turn in 1866 shards to get Sabine. If you use GW every day, that's only about 300 of the necessary shards.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 9, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Worth noting: only the first time rewards in the bonus tier are worth a drat. Repeat rewards suck. Which means you have a week and a half to get to 5* for it. No rush, focus on the first three that let you use borrowed toons tomorrow.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I just don't see a quick way to get them all to 7*s quickly. As much as I want thrawn, I'll have to wait for the next go around.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Aadoniel posted:

I just don't see a quick way to get them all to 7*s quickly. As much as I want thrawn, I'll have to wait for the next go around.

Thrawn should be the same as Yoda, Palpatine, and R2, you'll unlock him if you can get a team of 5*s, which is very doable.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Aadoniel posted:

Zeb should take about 18 days to 7 star if you have no currency banked. Chopper should be similar. At two cantina refreshes per day, and with just a little shard shop luck, you can get Ezra and Hera there in about the same time frame if it a little sooner thanks to double drops this weekend.

That means Kanan and Sabine are the roadblocks. If you have no arena currency saved up, but can finish top 200, he's ~25-30 days to seven star (depending on where you are on shards now).

Basically, 6* Thrawn should be in literally everyone's reach. 7* should be doable if you have ~5k currency saved for all the shops, so long as the event isn't overturned to need them geared absurdly. Hopefully G7 + mods will be enough given all the star boosts they share under a Hera lead.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Basically, 6* Thrawn should be in literally everyone's reach. 7* should be doable if you have ~5k currency saved for all the shops, so long as the event isn't overturned to need them geared absurdly. Hopefully G7 + mods will be enough given all the star boosts they share under a Hera lead.

I'm expecting G9 (minimum with beastly mods) for 7* Thrawn...I'm not sure what the min was for R2, but that final tier looked like it could have been difficult if I wasn't running g11 dudes.

Since this Flash event is supposed to help us gear up our Phoenix dudes so that we can take Thrawn on, I expect we will see Thrawn about when this event ends.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Worth noting: only the first time rewards in the bonus tier are worth a drat. Repeat rewards suck. Which means you have a week and a half to get to 5* for it. No rush, focus on the first three that let you use borrowed toons tomorrow.

Repeat rewards for t1-3 include up to 5 salvage of purples including furnaces, callers, cuffs, guns, carbantis, syringes, ans some poo poo that sucks.
Bonus tier repeat I think is either mk3 or omega mats.

Also, you have 3 weeks, flash event runs until the 30th, see the updated event info page on swgoh forums

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/76100/event-information-update-6-1

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I think sabine will be my odd-man-out. She is going to be by far the longest 7* grind.

I'm making hay while the sun shines in cantina. Hera 3x refreshes

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

I think sabine will be my odd-man-out. She is going to be by far the longest 7* grind.

I'm making hay while the sun shines in cantina. Hera 3x refreshes

400 cantina energy for 25 Hera shards this morning.

Double drops my rear end

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Davethulhu posted:

Thrawn should be the same as Yoda, Palpatine, and R2, you'll unlock him if you can get a team of 5*s, which is very doable.

Do we know that? Or will he maybe be like Ahsoka (Fulcrum), where it's super easy to unlock, but you'll be left with 3 stars only?

edit: I have 5 Phoenix members at 4 stars, and Chopper at 3. So whether or not I can try the last phase will really depend on how long this flash event lasts.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 9, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Do we know that? Or will he maybe be like Ahsoka (Fulcrum), where it's super easy to unlock, but you'll be left with 3 stars only?

edit: I have 5 Phoenix members at 4 stars, and Chopper at 3. So whether or not I can try the last phase will really depend on how long this flash event lasts.

They've explicitly referred to the upcoming thrawn event as a "Legendary Event". That's the term they use for R2/Palp/Yoda, so you can expect the same format.

Fulcrum was a Marquee Event.

The flash event will keep repopping every few days until the end of the month. So June 30th. Should be doable.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

They've explicitly referred to the upcoming thrawn event as a "Legendary Event". That's the term they use for R2/Palp/Yoda, so you can expect the same format.

Fulcrum was a Marquee Event.

The flash event will keep repopping every few days until the end of the month. So June 30th. Should be doable.

Awesome, thanks! I've got some work to do.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
is a full 7* squad even gonna be feasible by the end of the month?

edit: ... without shitloads of currency stored up, that is?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Flash Event started, I was able to do the first and third stage. Well, I finished the third stage, but that first stage is kicking my rear end. I'm fine for the first two rounds, but on the third round, suddenly everyone hits like a bulldozer, they have massive speed, and I just sit there watching my toons die. I can hit one explosive crate, but then they taunt. Sometimes I'm able to hit the second explosive crate, but that's usually mere seconds before I die.

I should note my three characters for this are all 4 stars, so I guess I'll try again later. Third stage was easy, also with 4 star toons.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Flash Event started, I was able to do the first and third stage. Well, I finished the third stage, but that first stage is kicking my rear end. I'm fine for the first two rounds, but on the third round, suddenly everyone hits like a bulldozer, they have massive speed, and I just sit there watching my toons die. I can hit one explosive crate, but then they taunt. Sometimes I'm able to hit the second explosive crate, but that's usually mere seconds before I die.

I should note my three characters for this are all 4 stars, so I guess I'll try again later. Third stage was easy, also with 4 star toons.

Aren't stages 1-3 borrowed toons anyway?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Aren't stages 1-3 borrowed toons anyway?

At your star levels. So I got level 85s with great gear, but 4 stars.

edit: At least that's how I'm assuming it works. But they had 4 stars, like mine do.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Yeah I wasn't able to do the first stage at all. At best I can hit one crate and then they taunt and it's over by the time the taunts are gone. Once Kanan dies the others die real quick.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
lol, I can't do any of these yet. I'm one buy away from Kanaan 4* and I foolishly threw all cantina at Hera already, so Ezra won't be 4* until tomorrow, probably.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

lol, I can't do any of these yet. I'm one buy away from Kanaan 4* and I foolishly threw all cantina at Hera already, so Ezra won't be 4* until tomorrow, probably.

The third stage, a.k.a. the winnable one, uses Zeb, Kanaan, and Hera, so get some Zeb shards from GW, too.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

The third stage, a.k.a. the winnable one, uses Zeb, Kanaan, and Hera, so get some Zeb shards from GW, too.

I'm buying them all. Zeb, Chopper, and Hera are all 4* already. Kanaan won't be 4* until tonight, and unless I luck into ezra in the ship shop at 1:00, I'll be screwed on that front too.

I might have 4* Sabine tomorrow, depends if she pops up in guild shop again.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
I've bought 4 cantina refreshes, Ezra at 3 stars and Hera at 8 shards... double drops my rear end. Simmed 15 battles for 2 shards worst run, 17 for 10 shards best.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Ceros_X posted:

I've bought 4 cantina refreshes, Ezra at 3 stars and Hera at 8 shards... double drops my rear end. Simmed 15 battles for 2 shards worst run, 17 for 10 shards best.

I think all the calculations related to getting phoenix dudes to 5* assume you were around for their release and have them all at 3.5* already. Not trying to dissuade you from making progress on phoenix as thrawn will probably be worth it, just dont be discouraged if you dont make it. Everybody around for the release event got a 65 shard head start.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

At your star levels. So I got level 85s with great gear, but 4 stars.

edit: At least that's how I'm assuming it works. But they had 4 stars, like mine do.

Nope. Not the case. I have Hera at 5*, but the level 85 toon I get to use is 4*.

Also, tip for Stage I: leave the crates on the second round for last, and use Ezra's dispel special on one at the end. He'll get 50% TM, which goes a long way to letting two of your guys go before the stormtrooper taunt in round three. If you can hit both crates before they do, all three dudes will have one HP and you can mop up.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I think all the calculations related to getting phoenix dudes to 5* assume you were around for their release and have them all at 3.5* already. Not trying to dissuade you from making progress on phoenix as thrawn will probably be worth it, just dont be discouraged if you dont make it. Everybody around for the release event got a 65 shard head start.

Yeah, but even if you weren't around for release, I would recommend going for 5 or 6* Phoenix dudes for Thrawn, sounds like he's going to be OP. OP heroes only need 7 stars for heroic raids.

And again, my math was based on two weeks until event start, 3 weeks until it ends, but based on the cureent event, which lasts through June 30th, I think we will get the event in 3 weeks and it will end in 4, which makes acquiring 5 7* Phoenix a lot easier (although I'm sure it isn't beatable unless you are 80-85)

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 10, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Nope. Not the case. I have Hera at 5*, but the level 85 toon I get to use is 4*.

Oh so everyone gets 4 starred heroes? Interesting.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Thrawn's skills:

quote:

Manipulate (Basic)

Characters: Deal Special damage to target enemy, grant them Speed Up for 1 turn, or if they already had Ability Block, inflict Stun for 1 turn instead. When this Speed Up expires, inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. These effects can't be Resisted.

Raid Bosses: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns, which can't be Resisted.

Fracture (Special, Cooldown 3)

Deal Special damage to target enemy 4 times, dispel all buffs on them, remove 50% Turn Meter, and inflict Fracture until the start of Thrawn's next turn, or until Thrawn is defeated. This Fracture can't be Copied or Dispelled. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted.

Fracture on Characters: Speed set to 0, can't gain buffs, bonus Attacks, or bonus Turn Meter.

Fracture on Raid Bosses: -50% Speed (doesn't stack with Speed Down)

Grand Admiral's Command (Special, Cooldown 3)

Swap Turn Meter with target other ally. Dispel all debuffs on Thrawn and that ally, and they recover 40% Protection.

Legendary Strategist (Leader)

Empire allies have +15% Max Protection, 25% Offense, and gain 20% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a detrimental effect or suffer a debuff. Whenever an Empire ally gains or loses a status effect, they recover 2% Protection. Empire allies gain a new Special ability, Maneuver: Dispel all debuffs on this character and gain 50% Turn Meter (Cooldown 3)

Ebb and Flow (Unique)

Thrawn has +100% Counter Chance, +100% Tenacity, and -50% Speed while any enemies are Fractured. Whenever another Empire ally uses a Special ability while Thrawn is active, that ally gains 15% Turn Meter and, if any enemies are Fractured, Thrawn and Fractured enemies lose 15% Turn Meter.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Lol at fracture

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
It's like it's intended to prevent another character to not move at the expense of one of your units.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
-15% turn meter on raid bosses who are fractured every time an empire ally uses a special ability (including the one Thrawn gives them)?

Poor rancor.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So you'll want him to be really slow then? So the fracture lasts longer, relatively?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Cactus posted:

So you'll want him to be really slow then? So the fracture lasts longer, relatively?

Thrawn has +100% Counter Chance, +100% Tenacity, and -50% Speed while any enemies are Fractured. Whenever another Empire ally uses a Special ability while Thrawn is active, that ally gains 15% Turn Meter and, if any enemies are Fractured, Thrawn and Fractured enemies lose 15% Turn Meter.

Sounds like he's going nowhere already.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Inimicul posted:

-15% turn meter on raid bosses who are fractured every time an empire ally uses a special ability (including the one Thrawn gives them)?

Poor rancor.

The catch is that most imperials aren't spamming specials every turn; there's no imperial version of FOO who can effectively never use their basic.

Like, I guess the team would be Zader, TFP, Thrawn, Tarkin, Magmatrooper?

Rancors still gonna get significant turns there. Maybe Jyn in place of Magma? I just don't see how much Thrawn is giving you given that he can't even use his huge counter chance in an ideal rancor situation.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Also, apparently the Thrawn event is coming on the 15th, and will last for a week. So much for 7* Phoenix...my plan is to take it at 5* so I don't have to invest quite so much effort into Phoenix right now. I have real heroes I want to work on, like Jyn and K2

P.S. Thrawn still looks pretty good, but not good enough to make empire a thing again. Closest to good comp I see is EP lead, Shore, DK, DT, Thrawn. If Shore is taunting, your imperials gain 30% TM for using a special, more for any debuffs. DK/DT might not work out there though, so he also might just be a dud.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
And here I though we have reached peak bloated kits with Chaze.

Anyway, even though he sounds interesting on paper, I very much doubt he is going to shake the meta much. Seems closer to Yoda than R2 to me, good but niche.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What's a good counter team/strategy for a full clones team? They keep tearing apart my stun team before I can get enough turns in.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

What's a good counter team/strategy for a full clones team? They keep tearing apart my stun team before I can get enough turns in.

GW I assume?

Having a ™ preloaded Maul to apply Daze to all of them helps.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Don't remember if this has been covered. Is there a "best" Phoenix character? Not including Sabine. Wondering if there is one more worth investing gear in.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Don't remember if this has been covered. Is there a "best" Phoenix character? Not including Sabine. Wondering if there is one more worth investing gear in.

Ezra.

Hera and Chopper are the easiest to G8.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

There are I think two Phoenix comps that are pretty successful at doing things..
GW: Hera (L), Chopper, Kanan, Ezra, Zeb.
Zeb, Chopper, Kanan, and Ezra all work to keep protection and HP running high through their abilities, basically keeping everything full at the end of a battle.

AAT:
Hera (L), Sabine, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb/Chopper (I don't know which one is better). High synergy, plus Sabine's unique debuff make for pretty good damage.

Heroes that are good outside of a Phoenix comp:
Kanan, either in a QGJ (zL) or GK (L) comp. Kanan has solid HP/prot/def (25k/26k/300), a useful kit (taunt 2/3 turns, dispel debuffs on self or another ally, and prot up to himself and another ally, counterattack, and unresistable offense down on crit).
Ezra, in a QGJ (zL) comp (not good enough for GK). Has an assist ability, can dispel buffs, does pretty solid damage (+40% offense starting 4th turn).
Additionally, both these heroes are Jedi and rebel, which contribute to Yoda and EP, for those that don't have them.
I have Chopper on my list of maybe eventually? Right now, for lightside droids, we have R2, Chopper, and K2. We can add Cassian to this comp for his synergy with K2, and then we just need a leader, and we'll probably get BB8 at some point.
And obviously Sabine, but you said other than her.

e: Thoughts on Thrawn
He's a bloated piece of poo poo. You need at least 8 carbantis, including 3 stun guns, 3 mk5 callers, 2 mk7 shields, 4 mk3 holos, and plenty of other annoying stuff. His leader and unique have a zeta, and those abilities suck without their zeta. I think there's a possibility he'll be decent as leader, but you probably won't have the zetas on hand, which means you probably also won't want to do Tarkin (zL) with him (probably the other decent build). There's a third build that might be ok, with EP (L) Thrawn, but for all three of these comps, you'll want Krennic, DTrooper, and Shoretrooper, all of which require a ton of carbantis (800 for the three of them).
All that to say, once I unlock Thrawn at 5*, I'm going to ignore Phoenix, Thrawn, and everything until I see proof that Thrawn is OP, but I don't see any way that he counters triple cleanse, so whatever.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Lol I have my guild message header for the next 12 hours or so