Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait there's a guy living with 4 cats and a wife in a full bed? Holy

Five cats. My wife and I are not large, though, and we usually just have like two cats on our feet or whatever.

Would you believe a Full isn't even the smallest of two-person beds? That's a Double. And when we were a lot longer, we once had to share a twin occasionally. It was cozy. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

http://i.imgur.com/9eQoU7D.mp4

Costco is life

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

swickles posted:

I do this everyday between dinner and breakfast.
:hfive:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Between groceries, gas, an executive membership, and the Costco credit card, I turn about a $750/year profit shopping at Costco, it's a good place.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I wholeheartedly agree with fiz. Some people can flick a discipline switch and get into shape, some people have to do it slow. Some never want to step foot in a weight room other people find they love it after a week.

Insulin sensitivity varies a lot person to person too.

Gotta find what works for you though.

For the dude trying to lose weight for his wedding you could probably get the results you want by switching to a macro diet at a 10% calorie deficit and going for a 45 minute walk or 30 minute jog every morning and doing a bunch of sit ups, body weight squats and push ups.

If you want super fast results just go full keto but smash a shitload of vegetables and you'll lose a bunch of water weight as well but for overall health its gotta be a lifestyle change. Not something you do for 4 weeks to look pretty and then ignore.

I know a bunch of people that did 12 week weight loss programs and promptly packed it all back on.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

I never liked Caesar Salad until I made the dressing from scratch with anchovies and it was loving amazing.

Anchovies and 'dines are good as hell

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A few months before my wedding I got appendicitis and then had complications from the surgery so I was stuck on an IV drip and no food for like 10 days. I was skinny as hell for my wedding so I recommend painful surgery and starvation for looking slender and good.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Leperflesh posted:

A few months before my wedding I got appendicitis and then had complications from the surgery so I was stuck on an IV drip and no food for like 10 days. I was skinny as hell for my wedding so I recommend painful surgery and starvation for looking slender and good.

Yeah I lost like fifteen lbs last year from an illness that lasted a month or so. Towards the end I was like "I feel like poo poo but drat I got skinny"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I will gladly botch any of your operations free of charge.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If you want to get into shape just walk around in the woods like our ancestors

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I need a penis de-largement and an abdominal muscle reduction. Plus my chin and nose are too defined. What can you do for me?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I went full burger/bacon/eggs/veggies/diet coke and lost 60lbs in 5 months ymmv

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's sweet of you guys to offer to cut off my limbs and stuff but I should probably avoid any experimental surgeries until after I have full union protections. Plus I'll be thrilled if I drop 12 pounds in the twelve weeks so my plan is just to reduce my cal intake and commit to an exercise routine. I've already dropped carbs and sweets.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's sweet of you guys to offer to cut off my limbs and stuff but I should probably avoid any experimental surgeries until after I have full union protections. Plus I'll be thrilled if I drop 12 pounds in the twelve weeks so my plan is just to reduce my cal intake and commit to an exercise routine. I've already dropped carbs and sweets.

look at this noob

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
TPB if you drink any liquid calories outside the 5 in coffee cut that poo poo out toot sweet too buddy. Literally the easiest change to make.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also I aggravated my back today at work so I couldn't lift weights so I wouldn't exacerbate it and I'm so mad irl right now

I JUST WANTED TO DEADLIFT

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Don't Drink A Soda (even a diet one)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Soda tastes good and is a nice treat.

Just don't make a habit out of it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Concur

Coca-Cola tastes amazing when you haven't had it in over a month

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Best diet/exercise plan ever!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
i want wings but it's 11:30 at night and you shouldn't eat right before bed

ugh

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

a patagonian cavy posted:

i want wings but it's 11:30 at night and you shouldn't eat right before bed

ugh

I have to go to work in eight hours, it's 2:30 in the morning, and I'm having a bowl of curry, so I'm going to hate myself soon.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I have to go to work in eight hours, it's 2:30 in the morning, and I'm having a bowl of curry, so I'm going to hate myself soon.

On the plus hand, curry though.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

curry owns, nothing to be ashamed of. always eat curry

The only thing I've truly regretted eating in the last few months was the cottage cheese at my work cafeteria, which made me throw up a (personal best) seventeen times between midnight and 8AM. Turns out they don't want you working when you do that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Concur

Coca-Cola tastes amazing when you haven't had it in over a month

I hadn't had soda in over a year but then Crystal Pepsi got relaunched and goddamn I forgot how sweet soda was

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

is it cool?

Also re: weight loss, losing weight is a personal struggle/hurdle/burden that differs from person to person based on physical health, mental issues, societal pressures, life demands etc

in my experience almost every single approach to weight loss has to be personalized for the individual. While there are general effective rules, nutritionists/personal trainers/health care professionals need to be better at realizing the day to day struggles people go through to get their weight under control and cater their treatment plans to best suit them.

In my ideal world, everyone would get a basic nutrition plan and an individualized workout plan specifically catered for their current level of physical capacity. This would all be covered under insurance. Grocery stores would be subsidized and incentivized to open in rural and distressed urban communities.

obesity is a disease and should be treated as such. It has diseases, it has proximal effects, and it can be avoided with proper care and personal behavior.

Strong people don't put thers down; they lift them up.

What about food stamps?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
BRO DO YOU EVEN PLAY A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TeeMerk posted:

What about food stamps?

Food in the United States is basically free on a caloric level and we could feed the nation twice over with just what we throw away. However, SNAP is administered by the state, so its vulnerable to all the cruel, pointless shittery that republicans are notorious for. Stuff like not being able to buy hot food with them, or counting child support as income and therefore disqualifying people.

SNAP is an insanely effective program, and it just needs to be fully federalized. The USDA releases guidelines, but of course the states can gently caress with them. Basically food stamps should work like this.

1. No one starves in the United State. Period, end of story.

2. Every child eats until they're eighteen. This is basically a two pronged attack.

a. First of all you increase the SNAP subsidies. Right now the monthly subsidy for a family of four is 648 dollars a month. So at 130% of the poverty level, you're going to need to feed your family on 21 dollars a day. That cruelty, and this is a subsidy. No father or mother is going to be able to go to school to learn a trade or whatever if they can't quit their wal mart job because at the end of the day your primary concern is going to be literally putting food into your child's mouth.

b. Every kid eats at school. I don't care what it costs. In 2012 it costs like 12 billion dollars. You just paint it as a national security issue. The original food program came about because the Army didn't have enough people that could survive basic. Even in the SEC, coaches recruit kids not knowing how big they'll get when they get actual honest to god nutrition. You can't learn if you're hungry, and no kid is going to admit to it.

Pretend I posted a big list of papers that back up that kids that don't get proper nutrition turn into hosed adults, but I'm getting ready for work right now.

Now my republican opponent A Neat Cape over here will tell you that if we feed their children, then parents will have no incentive to get that better job. They'll just be mooches on the system until the end of time. But I ask you, Ross, do you think people are proud of that? Do you think people want this situation? Or do you think they feel trapped.

Tell you what Ross, how about you come down to wal mart in Kennesaw, Ga. Leave your palatial estate in Southern California. We're gonna show up there at 11:50 on a Saturday night, because EBT benefits kick in at midnight. And you can see all the people that are just so alright with getting government assistance. We can watch them laugh all the way to the bank as they take all their kids to wal mart because they can't afford a babysitter. Or entire families that show up to do their weekly shopping because they only have one car, and they won't be able to go shopping again this week.

You watch that ross and you tell me these people are happy to be where they are.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 26, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Now of course in exchange, you use school lunch programs to start pushing things I care about, like getting rid of Soda in schools. If we feed you we're going to teach you how to eat.

In addition, there are things you cannot buy with food stamps. Food stamps are a way to fight obesity, because the poorer you are, the more likely you are to be fat

quote:

Are poverty and obesity associated? Poverty rates and obesity were reviewed across 3,139 counties in the U.S. (2,6). In contrast to international trends, people in America who live in the most poverty-dense counties are those most prone to obesity (Fig. 1A). Counties with poverty rates of >35% have obesity rates 145% greater than wealthy counties.

So yeah, no ice cream, no soda, etc. Nothing like booze, beer, or cigarettes obviously I think not being able to buy hot food is cruelty, since you're basically punishing the working poor who don't have time to cook, but this would go along with incentivizing fast food restaurants to serve more healthy options, or sell you know something cheaper that's always identified on their menus or something. There's a billion ideas about that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't believe Ross wants kids to starve to death

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Alright, I'll vote for you. Giving kids nutrition through the schools also helps establish an environment where education facilities can be used to help combat the ills of child poverty. Kids don't learn when they're hungry, homeless, or absent. So lets focus on fixing those issues as part of the framework of an education.

I'm sure you're already aware, but the black panthers shaming the government into providing school breakfast by doing it first is one of my favorite examples of how everyday people can make a difference in politics.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

It's hosed up I know.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Black Panthers own pretty hard.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Black panthers are one of the reasons Reagan supported gun control laffo

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ehud posted:

Who would have thought that the 30 year old who's parents still pay his rent and who's crippling social anxiety makes it so he never wants to be more than 10 miles from his birthplace would have weird political views???

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

Food in the United States is basically free on a caloric level and we could feed the nation twice over with just what we throw away. However, administered by the state, so its vulnerable to all the cruel, pointless shittery that republicans are notorious for. Stuff like not being able to buy hot food with them, or counting child support as income and therefore disqualifying people.

SNAP is an insanely effective program, and it just needs to be fully federalized. The USDA releases guidelines, but of course the states can gently caress with them. Basically food stamps should work like this.

1. No one starves in the United State. Period, end of story.

2. Every child eats until they're eighteen. This is basically a two pronged attack.

a. First of all you increase the SNAP subsidies. Right now the monthly subsidy for a family of four is 648 dollars a month. So at 130% of the poverty level, you're going to need to feed your family on 21 dollars a day. That cruelty, and this is a subsidy. No father or mother is going to be able to go to school to learn a trade or whatever if they can't quit their wal mart job because at the end of the day your primary concern is going to be literally putting food into your child's mouth.

b. Every kid eats at school. I don't care what it costs. In 2012 it costs like 12 billion dollars. You just paint it as a national security issue. The original food program came about because the Army didn't have enough people that could survive basic. Even in the SEC, coaches recruit kids not knowing how big they'll get when they get actual honest to god nutrition. You can't learn if you're hungry, and no kid is going to admit to it.

Pretend I posted a big list of papers that back up that kids that don't get proper nutrition turn into hosed adults, but I'm getting ready for work right now.

Now my republican opponent A Neat Cape over here will tell you that if we feed their children, then parents will have no incentive to get that better job. They'll just be mooches on the system until the end of time. But I ask you, Ross, do you think people are proud of that? Do you think people want this situation? Or do you think they feel trapped.

Tell you what Ross, how about you come down to wal mart in Kennesaw, Ga. Leave your palatial estate in Southern California. We're gonna show up there at 11:50 on a Saturday night, because EBT benefits kick in at midnight. And you can see all the people that are just so alright with getting government assistance. We can watch them laugh all the way to the bank as they take all their kids to wal mart because they can't afford a babysitter. Or entire families that show up to do their weekly shopping because they only have one car, and they won't be able to go shopping again this week.

You watch that ross and you tell me these people are happy to be where they are.

in the eventual Fiz biopic this scene is going to be followed by a bunch of fat bearded guys in basements reading the comments and applauding vigorously

"And thus... he spoke to the goons"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mel Mudkiper posted:

in the eventual Fiz biopic this scene is going to be followed by a bunch of fat bearded guys in basements reading the comments and applauding vigorously

"And thus... he spoke to the goons"

Mel landed what felt like a good :iceburn: in 2014 or something and has been chasing that high ever since.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Is fiz preparing to run for city council because he's been making some good points lately

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Saving this for uh personal reasons

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Mel landed what felt like a good :iceburn: in 2014 or something and has been chasing that high ever since.

It wasn't a burn?

• Locked thread