Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I will cry because my team isn't ready for her. :(

Tired Moritz posted:

「Coming Soon」3/9 11:00PM (PST) A new Grand Hero Battle is coming. Who is this woman filled with beauty and brutality...? #FEHeroes

@FEHeroes_News You will have a chance to get her as a 4★ Character. #FEHeroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
5 free orbs as apology for arena close gltich

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How long until the inevitable Zelda crossover

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Agoat posted:

while this would be actually cool, lol if link and gonondarf are in the game before ike

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Clawtopsy posted:

while this would be actually cool, lol if link and gonondarf are in the game before ike

A banner with the smash bros versions of roy and marth and link would be great.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ursula's 4* level is level 40 Lunatic

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Agoat posted:

Who?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

EXP seems to really slow down around 20. Should I be buying up all the castle exp boosts? It helped with low level characters a lot but the 20+ gains are still terrible. I'm currently at the 80% Ornate Castle mark and not sure if the 100% is the last tier or if that keeps going.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

mistaya posted:

EXP seems to really slow down around 20. Should I be buying up all the castle exp boosts? It helped with low level characters a lot but the 20+ gains are still terrible. I'm currently at the 80% Ornate Castle mark and not sure if the 100% is the last tier or if that keeps going.

100% is the last tier, yeah

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Another 5 star Leo wooo, it sucks I can't merge him with my other 5 star Leo. :(

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Henron posted:

Another 5 star Leo wooo, it sucks I can't merge him with my other 5 star Leo. :(

You can, just un-favourite him.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

ApplesandOranges posted:

You can, just un-favourite him.

Thank you! I just started this game last week and still have no idea how half the interface works~

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Ephraim is currently beating Chrom, which is shocking to me, but hell yeah I'm on Team Ephraim. :D

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Henron posted:

Thank you! I just started this game last week and still have no idea how half the interface works~

Don't feel bad, I just realized last night that that's why I couldn't merge my 5 stars. I thought they had to be equal level so I spent a shitload of time leveling up another lyn and Julia lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I want to support Chrom but everyone here keeps giving me trash red lords. I already have one trash red lord!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What red characters exist that Abel kills but Hinoka can't, exactly?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tired Moritz posted:

I want to support Chrom but everyone here keeps giving me trash red lords. I already have one trash red lord!!

Yeah, I was gonna switch back from Kagero to Eirika for a few battles to get the bonus points for my rank. First attempt at this gave me a Lyn and M. Robin as my teammates against a Sharena, a M. Robin and a Linde. :sigh:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hopefully the event total rank in a based on all your flag usages. I'm just spreading mine out accordingly.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Wait are you supposed to USE the prince/princess because I've been using Nowi and she's been ripping it up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mistaya posted:

Wait are you supposed to USE the prince/princess because I've been using Nowi and she's been ripping it up.

You get 10% bonus points for using the unit you're supporting, so you should always do that when using batches of 100 flags. Without flags 10 points isn't going to matter do whatever.

Your leader (first slot in first team) gets used by your friends and teammates, so try not to put the unit you're supporting there so people don't get annoyed at having to fight using 3xEphraim. Give them something useful/fun/used in a mission.

Chrom is narrowing the gap fast.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

But I don't HAVE Ephraim. (Not from lack of trying but man the game refuses to give me blues.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Holy gently caress, Chrom might actually win. I hope so.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
He really should win. He's one of the leads of Awakenings, a much more popular game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
he's also not creepy.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Clawtopsy posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised.

What

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I think the inherit skill feature is really going to shove a lot of otherwise mediocre heroes into prominence. Its a good idea.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ostentatious posted:

I think the inherit skill feature is really going to shove a lot of otherwise mediocre heroes into prominence. Its a good idea.
I think mediocre heroes will get cannibalised to boost the already prominent heroes further. A lot of what keeps some heroes so firmly up there are their weapons and base stat distributions. We already know special weapons won't be transferrable so yeah.

I think it may allow for some average or above average heroes be pretty good or great though. Like MCorrin might become awesome. But stuff like all the brave weapon users will forever be cursed with shackled stats.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
By the way, is there alternate art for Effie? Because she constantly talks about getting jacked and working out but her waist is tiny, I'm afraid this is putting undue stress on her spine, and I know she's only 40 now but when she gets to a higher level she's gonna have some serious bone issues.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rascyc posted:

I think mediocre heroes will get cannibalised to boost the already prominent heroes further. A lot of what keeps some heroes so firmly up there are their weapons and base stat distributions. We already know special weapons won't be transferrable so yeah.

I think it may allow for some average or above average heroes be pretty good or great though. Like MCorrin might become awesome. But stuff like all the brave weapon users will forever be cursed with shackled stats.

Olwen might be able to pick up a Blarblade+ for base 39 attack and 34 speed. Which can be boosted to 69 attack and 40 speed. With Goad Cavalry thats 73 attack and 44 speed. I agree with you in general but some units really will benefit.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

he's also not creepy.

Wait what? Who's Chrom fighting that's creepy?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Ephraim is not creepy. Some would spread rumours about his bond with his sister. Disgusting.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Ephraim takes his three buddies to assault an entire castle in his opening chapter, (and succeeds!) He's a cool dude. :sigh: Also he's one of the few NOT sword-lords.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I am going to put Vantage on my Hana and it will be extremely fun

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chakan posted:

By the way, is there alternate art for Effie? Because she constantly talks about getting jacked and working out but her waist is tiny, I'm afraid this is putting undue stress on her spine, and I know she's only 40 now but when she gets to a higher level she's gonna have some serious bone issues.

Her localisation is weird. It's like they mislabelled some voice files and then doubled down when they realised the mistake.

Even weirder than Maryann Thorpe Tharja.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rolled a 5* Sheena this morning (my first green 5*) Should I continue my plan to 5* my 4* Camilla or should I use Sheena?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Even my +atk Camilla misses some crucial OHKO's so I'd think about going Sheena instead.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

Even my +atk Camilla misses some crucial OHKO's so I'd think about going Sheena instead.

She has 41 attack on average if you believe the websites, her whole point is to laugh off green and blue mages with her 30 base resistance but she doesn't do much other than that.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 9, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

akulanization posted:

She has 41 attack on average if you believe the websites, he whole point is to laugh off green and blue mages with her 30 base resistance but she doesn't do much other than that.

She also squashes almost anything that is blue.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

akulanization posted:

Olwen might be able to pick up a Blarblade+ for base 39 attack and 34 speed. Which can be boosted to 69 attack and 40 speed. With Goad Cavalry thats 73 attack and 44 speed. I agree with you in general but some units really will benefit.
Wow I'll be surprised if they let us move the blade books around. Same with brave weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rascyc posted:

He really should win. He's one of the leads of Awakenings, a much more popular game.

He's probably getting most of his votes cannibalized by Lucina, who's the more popular Awakening character. Being the 2nd favorite character doesn't help him at all in this match-up.

By contrast, Ephraim and Eirika are split pretty evenly.