Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I will continue as this is honestly very enjoyable for me.

I respect some hating even if I don’t see what’s objectionable about these Knicks. Let it out baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I made the comparisonearlier that this Knicks team is really similar to the 2021 Hawks, but on second thought that is obviously untrue.

The Hawks made it to the ECF that year, after all.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Doltos posted:

Yeah the backups sure didn't put on a show, who would have thought.

Well then, congratulations to the Knicks for moving on to the Moral Victory Championship against the Lakers.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ChickenMedium posted:

Well then, congratulations to the Knicks for moving on to the Moral Victory Championship against the Lakers.

thank you that's very kind, that means a lot

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

GoutPatrol posted:

nuggets win and the first interview is Jokic screaming "gently caress YOU SHAQ"

has jokic ever expressed this much emotion in his life

i mean, about basketball, not horses

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

da lakers baby..love those lakers

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

DeimosRising posted:

I respect some hating even if I don’t see what’s objectionable about these Knicks. Let it out baby
The players seem fine, but you absolutely never have to hand it to a team from the municipality of New York

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

rjmccall posted:

when he coached the special Olympics team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the knicks lost because tom thibodeau didn't yell enough. quiet tom, they call him

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ChickenMedium posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that no team can overcome those injuries and the fact they got to 7 games against a team that was only missing Benedict Mathurin kind of played into the outcome.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I made the comparisonearlier that this Knicks team is really similar to the 2021 Hawks, but on second thought that is obviously untrue.

The Hawks made it to the ECF that year, after all.

Nobody deserves to be compared to the Hawks.

Doltos posted:

I don't get the Haliburton hate but TJ McConnell deserves every bit of hatred I want someone to punt him

TJ is most certainly a "That loving guy" when he doesn't play for your team. And now he has that little jump shot 5 foot out he somehow developed that makes him even more spikey for opponents to watch.

Anyone who hates Hali is a weirdo though. He was the same guy on the Kings as he is now, all in and wants to make his team and teammates better...he's just had a few years to grow his own game.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it was really funny when the pacers were running a full court press, poorly, looking like a low tier high school team trying to do it and the knicks still had nothing

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I like the Knicks and hate the Pacers so this ECF sucks rear end for me.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Anyone is better than Boston. I'm just unreal happy I don't have to root for the Knicks this year.

Knicks - still irrelevant since '99

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
That game sucked. Indiana was going all out but I don’t think they have any shot against the Celtics unless they get the crazy shooting luck they had the last two games.

The East outside of Boston is crazy weak this year. This Knicks team in the playoffs was a lottery team after all their injuries.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ChickenMedium posted:

there is no moral victories. this season was brutal

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that no team can overcome those injuries and the fact they got to 7 games against a team that was only missing Benedict Mathurin kind of played into the outcome.

they got hosed in game 3 and should've won the series in 5 tbh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mcmagic posted:

they got hosed in game 3 and should've won the series in 5 tbh

Reffing was whatever they got hosed by them in 3 but they also gave up a ton of scoring in two of the last four games. It was pure luck and completely unsustainable but they still got beat by the Pacers, not the refs. It's not the zebras fault that Nembhard cans every off balanced, fumbled shot.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Harlock posted:

The players seem fine, but you absolutely never have to hand it to a team from the municipality of New York

I don’t follow baseball or hockey, maybe that’s where this sentiment comes from, but in basketball they haven’t been good for 25 years and in football the two times the giants were good in living memory they beat the patriots so that’s hard to resent. I don’t have any negative feelings for new york

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005

Doltos posted:

Their offense for the last 7 games was drive, kick out, take long 2, take contested 3, can everything because the basketball gods are uncaring

Sort of, except the shots aren't contested they're wide open because they're a good offense and generate tons of open looks

https://x.com/NBA_University/status/1790446657038885024

I fully expect them to score 130+ against Boston and lose at least once next series

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

cp91886 posted:

Sort of, except the shots aren't contested they're wide open because they're a good offense and generate tons of open looks

Nope, it’s pure luck! 95 games of pure shooting luck so far this season

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

I don’t follow baseball or hockey, maybe that’s where this sentiment comes from, but in basketball they haven’t been good for 25 years and in football the two times the giants were good in living memory they beat the patriots so that’s hard to resent. I don’t have any negative feelings for new york

But now imagine you are full of anger and hatred

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

cp91886 posted:

https://x.com/NBA_University/status/1790446657038885024

I fully expect them to score 130+ against Boston and lose at least once next series

That stat isn't at all what was happening during the Knicks series. I'd like to see what they consider wide open.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Eli Manning: Slayer of Gods will never fail to be hilarious

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

That stat isn't at all what was happening during the Knicks series. I'd like to see what they consider wide open.

Typically, the center mass of the nearest defender is 6+ feet away from the center mass of the shooter at the time of the shot (release?).

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Knicks haters are melting down more than the Knicks fans are.

Authors note: I don’t read any McMagic posts so those don’t count for me

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

Knicks haters are melting down more than the Knicks fans are.

Authors note: I don’t read any McMagic posts so those don’t count for me

It's absurd that the one time the Knicks have been good in 20+ years you get the vitriol like they're the Yankees

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
The Knicks could have at least beat up the Celtics a little, made them fight for it. Crazy how this went to 7 when they were missing half their players. Playing the Pacers is like playing a pickup game where no one tries on D - I'd be pleasantly surprised if they can win a couple against the Celtics but I don't have much hope.

I like it when new teams win a chip so it will be a huge bummer if OKC, Pacers and Timberwolves all get bounced.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

67% shooting in a Game Seven and 13/24 from three

Knicks defense what in god's name were you doing out there

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m glad knicks fans are keeping the meltdown quota filled now that sixers fans have accepted their fate

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

rjmccall posted:

ya gotta believe

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Anyway I’m really happy for Myles Turner. Lived on the trade block for years but now has had a couple of career years since Hali joined the team and finally gets to enjoy and be a key part of some playoff success. Hope he retires a Pacer

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Now that the East is down to Indy/Boston, I think the best way to improve the NBA is obvious. Eastern teams play 60 games, then start their playoffs. Eastern Conference champ is given the 10 seed in the West, when the actual playoffs start.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

As down bad as I am about being a Wiz fan, at least I'm not a Knicks fan

It'll never ever get better for either of us, but at least my team's last championship was more recently in the 1970s than theirs

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m glad knicks fans are keeping the meltdown quota filled now that sixers fans have accepted their fate

Nice meltdown

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CharlestheHammer posted:

What forum are you reading here

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

The end result of The Process being two playoff series wins in separate years and a superstar with iffy knees and a bitchy temperament is wonderful

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I like the idea of playing 7 games and chalking up the results to “aw it’s all luck.” Why not just flip a quarter instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dr.Radical posted:

I like the idea of playing 7 games and chalking up the results to “aw it’s all luck.” Why not just flip a quarter instead?
40+ years ago the first round was Best of Three. Imagine how drat tense that would be now.