Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

how do you not just flee shrieking into the night if some guy pulls that on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

uber_stoat posted:

how do you not just flee shrieking into the night if some guy pulls that on you.

I wouldn't want to make any sudden movements

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
I usually sit through the entire episodes that review movies I haven’t seen or will never watch or with authors I don’t plan on reading or whatever else but this one was just so lifeless. She basically said the cruise wasn’t that good but it wasn’t because of goop and then just kept rephrasing it. Skipped ahead after 20 minutes.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I skipped the whole thing, including the 9 minutes of current news dish they jammed in at the end

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the ending of the mcelwee article is so good

This part baffled me - he got shat on constantly on twitter after he dropped the Abolish ICE branding.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
By "everybody" he probably means his new circle of DC ghoulfriends, not hoi polloi on Twitter. It's easy to disregard haters when you're raking it in betting against your own candidates.

Anyway, I thought people were reconciled to Chapo being the leftist Daily Show a long time ago. They should have more random journalists on to talk about this or that story about neoliberal hellworld. I'm not super interested in the Bang billionaire, but it is interesting to hear how this or that industry is positioning itself to profit from social rot. I'm not interested in Gwyneth Paltrow, but I am interested in how the Boomers created these pharaonic monuments to their own pop culture, and all these industries that are profitable and in a great position assuming that Boomers never die.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

expand yr mind

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1651592641685880832

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5sk0RUlS4

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I don't watch movies

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just watched Deja Vu last night. Totally forgot Val Kilmer was in it and that Jim Caviezel is becoming more like his character in real life.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Finkelstein is drifting towards crank.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1651223331570425857?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Finkelstein is drifting towards crank.

"drifting towards" lol buddy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Juicy 9-incher (she/her) is there a username here?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Could have told you that from the last interview

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

old people who stop interacting with the real world decline at dramatic rates

I'm impressed an aging academic lasted as long as Norm

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

how could anyone hear his voice and think he could win the prez?

https://twitter.com/grantstern/status/1651664268763230224

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

how could anyone hear his voice and think he could win the prez?

https://twitter.com/grantstern/status/1651664268763230224

He has attempted to adopt Trump's habit of whining and bitching about every last inconvenience and perceived personal slight, but he cannot begin to do it with Trump's queeny flair

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

Juicy 9-incher (she/her) is there a username here?

9-inshe/her?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The reviewer also manages to come off like a huge douche. I'm sure this will be a big hit with anyone who's still really mad about r/stupidpol getting banned.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
The first episode of movie mindset was good. I think Hesse is really insightful and funny, and she and Will have great chemistry.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

saw how to kill a pipeline last night.it was alright, naive at times. felt like i was watching a marvel movie about the team planet kids after captain planet died.

glad i saw it, probably wouldn't ever watch it again

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah it's good in that way. it's literal agitprop and I hope the kids watch it

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I don't really know anything about that movie besides what was said on the episode, but it sounded to me like a vehicle to get some depressed leftist forum person to get thrown in federal prison for 25 years.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

She/her/9-in/juicy

selec
Sep 6, 2003

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I don't really know anything about that movie besides what was said on the episode, but it sounded to me like a vehicle to get some depressed leftist forum person to get thrown in federal prison for 25 years.

This is how I felt about Oceans 11

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

it's the only way to stop them from making a podcast

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Gripweed posted:

So all in all net positive

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Movie Mindset off to a good start

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
would be very funny and on-brand if the first movie mindset is a substitute for the usual end-of-week episode

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Gripweed posted:

If there is anything the world needs, its another "leftist" podcast.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the real episode this week is Matt's guest spot on E1

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

SMERSH Mouth posted:

She/her/9-in/juicy

He/him/2.5-in/dry as a bone added to my signature, I like this change.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

lol is it scripted or improv?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

shame on an IGA posted:

i liked how he couldn't stick with one accent the whole ep, but he was pretty good on it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i say swears online posted:

lol is it scripted or improv?

The part where they talk about submarine movies is clearly 100% improv. And Matt wasn't looking up those movie facts, he knew those right off the top of his head.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You can tell when it's a scripted E1 episode because all the characters will talk in reams of the worst exposition ever written, that just sounded like a normal improv episode. Matt's best appearance on the show too!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I prefer the scripted ones where it's a live read rather than edited. Still has the improv feel.

Unrelated this ep was good and lol at Andrew just doing his Biden impression.

Oh this is the Chapo thread.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 29, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

No Dignity posted:

You can tell when it's a scripted E1 episode because all the characters will talk in reams of the worst exposition ever written

You are nuts. This is fantastic writing

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/164-the-saints-of-soulard

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Why does Chapo keep bringing up an e-book from 7 years ago? Why do they expect everyone on earth to have read the whole left twitter esoterica catalogue? They talk about “Geohell: Imagining History in the Contemporary World”, What the gently caress is wrong with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I know, and where was the uncharismatic waste of time guest, chiming about everything with nothing funny to say about anything? This podcast is going down the drain.