Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there a way to increase the chance of getting a Super Success when practicing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I don't know if there's a real way to do that (or for an Ultra, for that matter). Gotta let the RNG do its thing, to my knowledge.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Why am I late to this? Why did I download it at work? My productivity is now dead for the rest of the day. Will report back when I get somewhere with my idol waifus.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Welp, I think I'm out. I just failed Takaramonos expert... twice. Usually that's one of the easier ones but after the maintenance and that terrible delay on playing sounds, I just can't do it anymore. Maybe if I spend weeks and months unlearning my current muscle memory it'll be doable, but I'd rather just leave the game alone and hope they fix it somewhere down the line and return it to what it was.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
^^Good luck in CGSS?

I came back and full comboed Yume naki Yume wa Yume Janai. Surprisingly, phone heating and sweaty thumbs did not mess it up for me

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I think if u hit the notes when they hit and not when they sound? If that makes sense, then it's fine. Or do what I do at some places and play with the sound off, then you don't mess up.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

AG3 posted:

Goddamn, playing this game is terrible after the last update. When I tap a circle during songs now there's a short, but very noticeable delay before the sound plays and it's seriously screwing up my timing. I almost failed several expert songs I usually have no problem with because I can't rely on the sound to adjust my timing anymore, because by the time the sound plays it's already too late to make any adjustments. I double checked the timing in the settings and the timing to get great/perfect seems unchanged, it's just the sound that plays late and it's really confusing. Restarting the phone just to make sure it wasn't anything there causing it didn't help either.

Navigating the menus seems a little bit more sluggish too, for some reason.

Echoing that the timing is off on my side too. Usually I could S/S or S/A expert songs with relative ease, but I'm barely cracking 100 combos much of the time. gently caress that noise.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I'd like try and help figure out what's going on, but I've changed two mobile devices in the past three months and am not sure I'd be qualified to do so.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I played some songs with the sound off just now and the timing is fine and it IS the music being delayed.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, it's just the sound that's messing up. It's about a quarter of a second delayed, which isn't a big issue in some expert songs, like Yuujou no Change, but absolutely devastating in others (for some reason this is Takaramonos for me). I'm so used to relying on the sound for my timing that I just can't be bothered to try and learn to not rely on it, it's just easier to leave the game alone and hope it's reverted back the way it was.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
This might be too late, but have you tried plugging earphones into your SIF device and checked to see if the delay was different? I assume you've already tried to manually adjust your Timing bar to try and compensate with buffering your own muscle memory. Have you recently installed any other sort of app that runs constantly in the background? That could put unnecessary load on the audio playback.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

This might be too late, but have you tried plugging earphones into your SIF device and checked to see if the delay was different? I assume you've already tried to manually adjust your Timing bar to try and compensate with buffering your own muscle memory. Have you recently installed any other sort of app that runs constantly in the background? That could put unnecessary load on the audio playback.

Normally I'd try all that, but that huge Reddit thread linked above with people who experienced the same thing tells me that it's probably not on my end :v: I can to some degree compensate with my own muscle memory on some songs, but in others it's more or less impossible and it's just not worth the effort if I have to unlearn it again later if they do end up fixing it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think klab's recognized the bugs and hopefully this maintenance helps.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Once I've idolized a girl and maxed her bond, is there any reason to keep her around, or should i just feed her to a girl I like better?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Max the level for the album rewards and then feed her to another. The only girls to keep would be SR and up but if you've just started you'll need the R ones for now.

E: what's the kind of phones you guys are having timing issues with? I'm on 5c and I am not experiencing a problem. (Or my brain adjusted and I couldn't tell, if that's possible.)

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I'm on a galaxy note 3 and it has the issue, my daughters note tab 8 doesn't seem to have it, I didn't ask my brother if his note 5 has it though.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My Galaxy S3 definitely has it.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Its back and the maintenance didn't help.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Moto X 2nd gen.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I remember comparing the iPhone 6's timing to my Droid back when I was trying it out, and it definitely required less compensation for audio delay. I got used to it when I went back to a Droid though ???

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010
My Galaxy S3 seems about the same on actual note timing, but the sound effects are definitely delayed. I also experienced a new and exciting frame rate error where the notes completely froze for a second or two and then resumed moving normally. This is in addition to disappearing notes, randomly rewinding notes, and (very rarely) total loss of usable touch input.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I played on my brothers note 5 and it's also happening, so is it a Samsung phone problem only?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Oblivion590 posted:

My Galaxy S3 seems about the same on actual note timing, but the sound effects are definitely delayed. I also experienced a new and exciting frame rate error where the notes completely froze for a second or two and then resumed moving normally. This is in addition to disappearing notes, randomly rewinding notes, and (very rarely) total loss of usable touch input.

Note timing is the same for me too, just the sound is delayed. Those other errors you mention I've experienced before this maintenance as well, although very rarely.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I posted before about the rewinding notes and then one day they atopped happening. No update or anything.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Yeah, the new update's been horrible with the sound delay. I'm on an iPhone 6 and it felt like I was playing on my old Galaxy Tab 3, even after changing the timing.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

AG3 posted:

Note timing is the same for me too, just the sound is delayed. Those other errors you mention I've experienced before this maintenance as well, although very rarely.

I have this too. It's a lot different than just changing the timing in settings to something new. I've had it lag so bad that on a quick three notes I would hit the third note before the first note would make the little tambourine sound. Then the third note would nearly overlap with the forth note as it tries to catch up. Good luck trying to keep your rhythm using audio cues with that mess.

If there is a way to turn off the tambourine sounds I'll probably have to do that because the game is nearly unplayable. There is also the option to just jump fully onto the Japanese server where these problems don't exist.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just started playing, so whetevr problem you guys have is normal to me, and I hope they never fix it cause that'll gently caress me up as much as the current state is loving y'all up

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It's really not an issue until you get to the expert songs, and maybe a few of the hard ones. The main problem is when the notes come so quickly that the sound effects overlap with notes that come afterwards, as Trihugger mentions, which is incredibly confusing and makes maintaining your rythm very hard. It also makes it really hard to correct your rythm if you're getting a streak of greats instead of perfects because your rythm is ahead of the sound effects.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 12, 2015

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Waiting for the movie to start, got the hanayo shikishi and a rin game card. Traded for a nico game card with a cool dude!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What are game cards and what movie? Are you talking about the weiß Schwartz game?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
The love live movie, you know cards like UR or SR cards.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

beaner69 posted:

Waiting for the movie to start, got the hanayo shikishi and a rin game card. Traded for a nico game card with a cool dude!

I lucked out and got double Nicos. Finally got me to try the game.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Oh I looked it up and I guess they give you cards with promo codes? That's nice.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Wasn't expecting them to do the promo cards, but I made out like a bandit with Maki/Rin shikishi and Honk/Eli promo cards. Not sure why they gave me two, but I'll take it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there a better us of friendship points than scouting?

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

boom boom boom posted:

Is there a better us of friendship points than scouting?

It's just for Regular Student scouting.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
You can get Rs from friends points, might be good depending how new you are.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I have some fully bonded, max level idolized two star rarity girls with lovely stats, but I invested so much in those terrible girls I don't want to feed them to my good girls :(

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I keep all of them so I can keep track of them for the album rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Once I max out a idol with level and of course affection, they get fed to the next one to get max rank. But I will not feed the nine to anyone except their own exact clone for the skill ups.

• Locked thread