Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

ForbiddenWonder posted:

God damnit Oakland I wanted Brockers. Sorry about the trading. I have no depth at all and needed some due to the 24 million dollar man, Mario Williams.

Lol spikes

Woooooo, I noticed Brockers sitting there with hardly any bidders and quickly pulled up on Poe because I could get Brockers for alot less. My front seven on defense is looking great if everyone can stay healthy:

LE: Sherwin Pendleton (my rookie from last year that is now rated 93)
DT: Ngata
DT: Brockers
RE: Elvis Dumervil
LOLB: Khalil Mack
MLB: Derrick Johnson
ROLB: Sio Moore

My secondary is okay as well. I really wanted to go after Eric Berry, but I couldn't justify it.

I also discovered Cordelle Patterson sitting down there on the last day of free agency and quickly rescinded my offer for Desean Jackson. Between him, Blackmon and Beasley; I will have a decent set of starting WRs instead of having a 79 rated Beasley as my top WR like last year.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my free agents and am looking forward to adding some depth in the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Why do the Bucs have #1 and #10 picks?

E: lol bills have 9, 14, and 30.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 16, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Some shady things happening with the draft. I was proud to have two 2nds and two 3rds.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

At least we don't have people trading to get like both top two picks again. I draw the line at trading into the top 10 lol :colbert:

and I've tried giving every combination of picks for a QB but it's pretty impossible(Tannehill and Bridgewater aren't THAT good). I give up.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 16, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Hey I traded up to #2 with the Steelers to take a QB I needed and it was a fair trade.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

At least we don't have people trading to get like both top two picks again. I draw the line at trading into the top 10 lol :colbert:

and I've tried giving every combination of picks for a QB but it's pretty impossible(Tannehill and Bridgewater aren't THAT good). I give up.

Yeah, teams hate trading their quarterbacks for some reason. In the main league, I was looking to move on from Romo and get a quarterback with some scrambling. I offered the Redskins both 2 1st round picks and 2 1st round picks and Tony Romo and they constantly declined.

I finally just decided to draft a quarterback, so for the #1 overall pick, I have the giants Romo, a first round pick and a second round pick. It was amazing how much less I had to trade for the number 1 overall pick instead of a middling quarterback with a 78 rating.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Eric Berry had 22k XP and went from a 91 to a 96.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah my bad. I picked up the second first in last years draft and forgot about it. I can move one of them if yall like. I figured this league was just a big weird arms race.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Really needed a DT after last year. Paid for Poe, who was rated as a 96 for my defense. Pretty happy with that.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Recovered from the weekend, god drat that was a painful recovery lol

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i probably cant draft tonight because of work stuff that came up. i'll repeat, boo at you guys who couldnt draft in the weekend. Now mine probably gets simmed and wasted :mad:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Would pushing it back like an hour help?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

The CPU did my first draft in the regular league and killed it. Great pass rushing DE and the 6'7" TE God Arryn Darman

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
can anyone NOT start this early? Like, 20 to 30 mins from now?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Me and Piper have a game but we could do it after the draft.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

What time are we doing this?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I can get on nowish.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Hopping on

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i can start it as soon as everyone is ready

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I can draft now

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Give me 10 minutes

e: ready

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 18, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I'm good to go!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Party is up

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Jumping on, sorry

oh, well that was a waste of time scouting...

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 18, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My draft was a disaster. No impact players at all.

:siren: Week 1 :siren:

Giants/Eagles
Panthers/Chiefs

Everybody else vs the CPU.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 18, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Shadwhand, let know when you want to get this in.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I got good players in the first, but they both have slow dev. My 6'7" te has 81 speed and 91 Accel though!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
my draft sucked rear end, i cut them all except the TE and the ROLB.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

davecrazy posted:

My draft was a disaster. No impact players at all.

:siren: Week 1 :siren:

Giants/Eagles
Colts/chiefs

Everybody else vs the CPU.

I don't play the Chiefs until week 3.

My draft was odd. Second and third round picks were ok but I got a good TE and WR in the late rounds. Also the safety I drafted in the 6th was better then the one in the 3rd.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah that Panthers/Chiefs. My bad.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'm going to auto myself in this league for now

It's been hard keeping up in 3 leagues and I think this team will get me enough wins.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 18, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

davecrazy posted:

Yeah that Panthers/Chiefs. My bad.

Rotary is the chiefs right?

Are you available tomorrow night?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

davecrazy posted:

Shadwhand, let know when you want to get this in.

I'm free all day tomorrow.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Yuzenn posted:

Rotary is the chiefs right?

Are you available tomorrow night?

Chiefs are thompson! Not sure if he's paying attention to this team though, he joined halfway through last season on an 0-7 cpu slide or something.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Only beat the Chargers by 5 points. Would have been a lot more if I didn't throw a pick 6 and fumble twice inside the 10 yard line. Ahmad Bradshaw is about to get his rear end cut if he fumbles again.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Cards 1st game was a laugher against the awful buccs, and Desean Jackson does exactly what I paid him big money to do; open up the top of the field on the outside, create space in the middle, and scored a TD off a Jet Sweep. That 98 speed is monstrous and gives me what I felt I missed in my offense last season, as my fastest two wideouts were 91 and 90, respectively.

Fitzgerald is now completely useless with 76 speed, even as a TE. His acceleration also dropped to 80, and now he just can't do anything. Such a waste of talent due to unrealistic aging formulas in this game. Good thing my monster 6'7" 250lb TE is Real Good.

Also picked off Glennon three times, and dropped 3 more.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Also my 6'7 rookie TE is going to be huge for me. He creates so many problems with his speed down the field. There was tons of space underneath for Hilton because the LB's were so confused. Also my rooke WR who is around 6'5 was big in the slot. Those two combined with Fleener and Hilton had me throwing for 300 yards last game and you guys know how terrible I am passing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I've decided to bench the Superbowl winning QB for the drafts Mr. Irrelevant. A 6'6 statue of a QB with 98 throw power.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah, if the te starts to draw the safety's you can start to Have Fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

Also my 6'7 rookie TE is going to be huge for me. He creates so many problems with his speed down the field. There was tons of space underneath for Hilton because the LB's were so confused. Also my rooke WR who is around 6'5 was big in the slot. Those two combined with Fleener and Hilton had me throwing for 300 yards last game and you guys know how terrible I am passing.

Put Hilton in the slot and your 6'5" guy on the outside for even more happy fun giggles.

• Locked thread