Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RisqueBarber posted:

time to cheat to victory

replace Harrison Smith with Kenny Vaccaro
0 to 21 - $210

I already put in John Brown for Rishard Matthews, so you are still short. See below. You can get another 7.5 points from Colston and Richardson, but you'll still be shy.

Sataere posted:

I'd like to replace Rishard Matthews with John Brown

0 --> 12.4 pts = 12.4 pts == $124

That should cover any points adjustments and put me out of reach of RisqueBarber and secure my playoff berth. Next week is going to be really interesting. A lot of tiebreakers are going to come down to points.

Good match, Risque!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Dang, I missed that.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RisqueBarber posted:

Dang, I missed that.

Why'd you steal Suh from me! :argh:

I was hoping I'd be the only one to notice that. :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Why'd you steal Suh from me! :argh:

I was hoping I'd be the only one to notice that. :(

He hasn't been performing well enough to really warrant the roster spot. That or I'm incompetent.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Cheating for last week:

TY Hilton (24.5) -> James Jones (0)

Old Score:143.3

New Score: 167.8

For 245 FAAB

And Prebid $100 FAAB for this week

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Did

quote:

Walter Thurmond III (17.5) --> Brandon Merriweather (0.0) for $175 FAAB

154.5 + 17.5 = 172.0

get recorded? I am still showing the uncheated score for week 11.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004
Lets cheat for last week. I'm going broke, so people even more broke than I can have some of your money (also a lot of my own).

Greg Hardy (0 karma points) --> Ezekiel Ansah (32.5 points) = 32.5 points
"Betty" Crockett Gillmore (3.5 points) --> Gary Barnidge (12.6 points) = 9.1 points
Danny Trevathan (6 points) --> Stephen Tulloch (12.5 points) = 6.5 points

Total = 48.1 points / 481 FAAB
New Total Score for Week 12 = 188.3

I donated more to make this work.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
It's win or go Homer so I'm spending the D'oh.

Pre Bid: $100

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I bid $300 for precheating this week!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I like where your head is at SpaceJung!

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm against Beer! Have to ninja in that bid to get any advantage I can going into a must-win game to have a playoff shot.

He made me pay for it, but what else am I going to use my money on if I lose!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Aredna posted:

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm against Beer! Have to ninja in that bid to get any advantage I can going into a must-win game to have a playoff shot.

Good luck! :hfive: Sorry I couldn't soften him up for ya much with trades

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

Nice job.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

Seebee posted:

Lets cheat for last week. I'm going broke, so people even more broke than I can have some of your money (also a lot of my own).

Greg Hardy (0 karma points) --> Ezekiel Ansah (32.5 points) = 32.5 points
"Betty" Crockett Gillmore (3.5 points) --> Gary Barnidge (12.6 points) = 9.1 points
Danny Trevathan (6 points) --> Stephen Tulloch (12.5 points) = 6.5 points

Total = 48.1 points / 481 FAAB
New Total Score for Week 12 = 188.3

I donated more to make this work.

I saw your money left and stopped refreshing the thread at 5:00 or so. :smith:

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

Smarms posted:

I saw your money left and stopped refreshing the thread at 5:00 or so. :smith:

Gotta be sneaky... for charity!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

It's ok, you're still going to kick my rear end and take most/all of this money for your charity!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

It's ok, you're still going to kick my rear end and take most/all of this money for your charity!

The robot loving high school kids will thank you all for it.

Seriously, if I win I'm putting something on the robot.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Man, this week is going to be interesting to see how the cheating goes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Man, this week is going to be interesting to see how the cheating goes.

You're not kidding. Getting those 10 points sniped out from me might be the end. So far I'm seeing with 5:12 left in the 4th of the NO game:

Diggs -> Parker for 9.7 points.
Murray -> Ivory for 10.3 points.
Empty -> Hartline for 12.3 points.
Barr -> Coleman for at least 12 points.

But Aredna has 15.7 points on me and can swap:
Cobb -> Spiller for 5 points.
Misi -> Kuechly for 0.5 points.

So I've got a 23.1 point buffer, not including whatever points Brees and Coleman adds and Spiller, Kuechly, Anthony, and Sturgis take away in the last few minutes of the game. Of course there's another pair of wildcards; Monday Night Football. Both of us have Washington players. Bashaud Breeland has been a beast lately for me but Chris Baker could potentially get some solid points in for Aredna.

drat is this poo poo fun.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Heath Miller was just declared inactive so I need to pickup a TE that either plays tonight or tomorrow but it looks like I'm not allowed to drop anyone right now?

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 7, 2015

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
No joke - lots of close games and the potential for 9 teams with 8+ wins fighting for the last 3 spots. And then some teams potentially at 9 wins fighting for a bye week. Going to be interesting!

fake edit: thanks for mathing it out beer! I'm hoping for another Anthony TD right now!

real edit: Yeah, you can't drop anyone that has played and within 1 hour of kickoff they get flagged as "played"

real edit 2: OK, time for Spiller to quit being invisible, or a Kuechly TD.

real edit 3: Cheating gets really interesting when you consider that Beer is in the playoffs either way, but I'm arguably a weaker opponent than others that may get in if he were to let me keep my win and (maybe) make it in. On the other hand I suspect revenge for sniping the 10 point advantage assuming it's possible for him to win - as it seems it will be.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 7, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

No joke - lots of close games and the potential for 9 teams with 8+ wins fighting for the last 3 spots. And then some teams potentially at 9 wins fighting for a bye week. Going to be interesting!

fake edit: thanks for mathing it out beer! I'm hoping for another Anthony TD right now!

real edit: Yeah, you can't drop anyone that has played and within 1 hour of kickoff they get flagged as "played"

real edit 2: OK, time for Spiller to quit being invisible, or a Kuechly TD.

real edit 3: Cheating gets really interesting when you consider that Beer is in the playoffs either way, but I'm arguably a weaker opponent than others that may get in if he were to let me keep my win and (maybe) make it in. On the other hand I suspect revenge for sniping the 10 point advantage assuming it's possible for him to win - as it seems it will be.

Spite is a powerful motivator.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
And I wouldn't expect any less.

BTW - I can actually gain a bit more than you mathed out above:

Misi (9) for Darby (10) = -1 point, $0
Darby (10) for Conte (5.5) = 4.5 points, $45
Cobb (5.5) for Spiller (0.5) = 5.0 points, $95

Total = 8.5 points, $95

Best part is to have a shot I need Breeland to do nothing in this game and in the goon IDP league I need him to have a MONSTER game to make the playoffs. He's obviously going to be somewhere in the middle.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RisqueBarber posted:

Heath Miller was just declared inactive so I need to pickup a TE that either plays tonight or tomorrow but it looks like I'm not allowed to drop anyone right now?

You couldn't drop anyone because thay had played already, or would have played by the time waivers ran.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Azhais posted:

You couldn't drop anyone because thay had played already, or would have played by the time waivers ran.

Heath Miller hadn't played yet.

Basically my tight end was announced inactive an hour before the Sunday night game. I looked at the waiver wire and knowing that there are only two more games left (sunday night and monday night games), I tried to pick up Gavin Escobar. I understand why I can't drop players that have played already but why couldn't I have dropped heath miller and replaced him with someone on the waiver wire? Why was I forced to play Heath Miller?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

Heath Miller hadn't played yet.

Basically my tight end was announced inactive an hour before the Sunday night game. I looked at the waiver wire and knowing that there are only two more games left (sunday night and monday night games), I tried to pick up Gavin Escobar. I understand why I can't drop players that have played already but why couldn't I have dropped heath miller and replaced him with someone on the waiver wire? Why was I forced to play Heath Miller?

Because by the time waivers would have processed (noon on Monday) Heath Miller would have been locked.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, I am in the interesting position of being able to lock up my bye week, but then the question becomes how will the playoff landscape play out. Because if there is a chance I can avoid Beer and 4Loko's before the finals, would that be worth losing the bye?

Of course, there is something to be said for just crushing your opponents to try to ensure they can't beat you in the playoffs. :v:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I wouldn't worry about facing me. My tenuous RB situation is now broken with stupid DeMarco Murray.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

I wouldn't worry about facing me. My tenuous RB situation is now broken with stupid DeMarco Murray.

Yeah, I know. It must've been rough barely squeaking out 215 points. :v:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Because by the time waivers would have processed (noon on Monday) Heath Miller would have been locked.

So I'm just forced to play him?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

So I'm just forced to play him?

Unfortunately that's the nature of FAAB.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Unfortunately that's the nature of FAAB.

My other FAAB leagues only has FAAB for the waivers (after game is played until Wednesday). After Wednesday, everyone goes to FA and is free to pick up, except if someone is dropped to be picked up, then they go on waivers for their 3 days. Just food for thought for next year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Seebee posted:

My other FAAB leagues only has FAAB for the waivers (after game is played until Wednesday). After Wednesday, everyone goes to FA and is free to pick up, except if someone is dropped to be picked up, then they go on waivers for their 3 days. Just food for thought for next year.

Because our FAAB dollars are used with real dollars, with the goal of building the pot, we decided to limit free agency. You have to prepare when building your team.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

Sataere posted:

Because our FAAB dollars are used with real dollars, with the goal of building the pot, we decided to limit free agency. You have to prepare when building your team.

That makes sense. Just wanted to throw out that FAAB can work differently is all. I'm all for increasing the size of the pot.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Those were some pretty stat corrections.

Also I picked up Cassel for tonight's games given Rivers performance for the best cheating potential.

Should make the game interesting tonight!

edit: Best I can tell I'm up by 1.4 with cheating currently. I can get all of Cassel's points above 6.1 and Beer can get all of Breeland's points above 6.0.

So I need Cassel's to get within 1.2 or Breeland tonight. Winning or losing may actually come down to 1 tackle by Breeland and stat corrections.

Curious now though: Let's say you cheat now and then a stat correction comes in tomorrow? I assume we'll fix cheating for stat corrections that happen prior to kickoff Thursday. And I ask because they very well may decide your chance at a bye and my chance in playoffs. Better to figure it out now than when it really matters.

Good luck Beer! I'm going to be refreshing like crazy for this game.

edit 2: Also lol @ Baker getting a sack in the first 2 minutes of the game. He's going to make me regret swapping him for Cassel isn't he.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 8, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I do cheating on Thursday after stat corrections. How are you ahead on cheating?

I have: 158.8 points.

Murray -> Ivory for 10.3
Parker -> Diggs for 9.7
Hartline -> Empty Flex for 12.3
Coleman -> Barr for 12

Final Score: 203.1

You have: 172.3

Cobb -> Spiller for 5
Darby -> Conte for 4.5
Misi -> Empty Flex for 15

Total: 196.8

So you need Cassel to outscore Breeland by 6.3 for it to happen.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
What is this empty flex thing? You're adding in way too many points adding it up that way because you're not netting out replacements completely.

I had you as:
Parker -> Murray for -3.9
Murray -> Ivory for 10.3
Hartline -> Diggs for 8.2
Coleman -> Barr for 12

Total of 158.8 + 26.6 = 185.4

Me as:
Misi -> Darby for 5.0
Darby -> Conte for 4.5
Cobb -> Spiller for 5

Total of 172.3 + 14.5 = 186.8

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You're right, I suck at math because I wasn't juggling the slots correctly. I think in the future I'll simplify things by suggesting people specify it this way:

Remove:
Ivory (7.4)
Diggs (4.1)
Barr (0)

Add
Hartline (12.3)
Parker (13.8)
Coleman (12)

Net: 38.1 - 11.5 = 26.6 Points ($266)

So long as all of the positions work out it's effectively the same thing and it's far easier to calculate.

loving point sniper.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo this game is terrible.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The only exciting teams to watch this season are the Panthers and the first 58 minutes of Giants games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The only exciting teams to watch this season are the Panthers and the first 58 minutes of Giants games.

• Locked thread