Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
New thread title, voted five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

AlphaKretin posted:

I don't know if it's a weird issue on my end, but the episode ends on you about to start a sentence "Yep, the uh..." and Orv never kills the announcer. Was that intentional?

This episode though. :allears: This loving episode.

And I totally forgot there was DLC oh my god there's still so much of this LP left. :swoon:

Orv killed the announcer in his game, there's just no immediate ramifications of it. You killed a civilian, whoopie. The effects happen later.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah there aren't any more announcements on Return to the Tower once you kill the announcer, so at least some of my clips going forward will be me standing around listening to the new VO.

Also the jist of what comes after "The uh..." is basically just saying what you all already know. The second act of the game is cool, and you've seen it coming for a while now.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
If only the lord regent had a computer to model the effects of his policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh, ok. My bad. :)

Didn't mean to be a stinker that was a wonderful, wonderful episode.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Is there a reason why your last 3 LPs aren't on the Archive, guys?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Every time you ask it actually causes Coolguye physical pain, because he can't stand the thought of not having done busywork.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

This is actually more true than false.

The real reason is that when the last couple of LPs got done, there was always some random supplementary stuff that I wanted to get done - such as the voice boards for Majesty, and copying in a bunch of other stuff from the manual. Inevitably, I end up having to make the economic decision between 1) working on stuff that's more current or 2) doing back-work to get stuff onto Baldurk's site.

I'm pretty predictable in that when I'm given that decision, I always choose the former. Really what I need to do is just call in lame to work one of these days and just clear some of that stuff out.

I actually made a conscious decision NOT to do any supplementary stuff for this LP, despite the staggering amount of stuff I could provide, simply because I knew I would come to resent it by the 4th episode. It also helped that since Dishonored is such a popular game, any sort of reference material you want on the game (such as a listing of the text of readable books) is readily available already.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 28, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Also unless I'm mistaken the existence of the Space Marine Let's Play on the archive that was there before ours was made precludes our entry from getting on there.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Also unless I'm mistaken the existence of the Space Marine Let's Play on the archive that was there before ours was made precludes our entry from getting on there.

You are in fact mistaken. There are multiple entries for multiple games on the archive.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

And thank gently caress or this, amongst many amazing LPs, which update be excluded.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It doesn't. Unless it was changed, there can be multiple LPs of the same game in the archive

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Then I guess I have no idea what happened there.

Edit: To clarify I make Coolguye do all that "emailing the archive" stuff.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Baldurk did mention he was going to pass on adding LPs to the archive which were overdone, but Space Marine probably doesn't meet that criteria.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Coolguye and I chatted and I'll be gradually working to get Majesty, FoC and Space Marine on the archive in the near-ish future.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I hope I don't have to do any of that I only know how to write blurbs about space men in armour.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's generally not that hard. Baldurk asks you a few questions about what parts you want archived, and then you're set.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My liege, the codex astartes does not support this action.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

For Space Marine, things are mostly ok. I need an image and a blurb to make it eligible for Featured LP, but beyond that it's just talking to Baldurk. Who, for the record, rules.

Fall of Cybertron is a little more work since we were doing notes on the weapons and other stuff and we stopped doing those about halfway through. Still, likely not more than an hour's work or so to get it ready.

Majesty is a complete mess. I was doing a lot of tertiary work and I got so preoccupied with that that in the archive I don't even have all of the episodes in the OP. Building and hero focuses need to be done, and there's some further stuff that folks did with fan art that needs to be preserved. At this point I need to just remake the thread, lock it immediately, and rebuild it from my posts in the thread for archival.

Or more accurately, Orv will likely do that once I hear back permission to do so.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Coolguye posted:

For Space Marine, things are mostly ok. I need an image and a blurb

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I hope I don't have to do any of that I only know how to write blurbs about space men in armour.

Welp, perfect. Get writing roboky.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

No gifs unfortunately.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Double post because I pulled my head out of my rear end long enough to remember to post this:

You guys are loving awesome. Again.

I have honestly been running around so much that I did not realize that this thread has gone gold. I really never expect our threads to do so, so I'm always a little taken aback when they do. The thing that tends to get me is that when they do, they do so in such a huge way, too. Out of curiosity, I ordered the LPs on the forum by rating. Excluding threads that have not had a post in over a month and are therefore probably not active, you guys have made this the third highest rated thread in the subforum (after DoctorKill's Majora's Mask Super Wrong and mkob's God Hand LP, both of which are seriously good stuff).

I'm constantly blown away and excited on a very deep-down level when stuff like this happens. We're really in this to just entertain people and have a good time, so when you get confirmation that you're getting that done it's both humbling and fulfilling. Thank you deeply to each and every one of you that's followed us along on our insane rides through these games. You're the reason we're doing it.

While we're talking about this stuff though, if you need something to whet your appetite while waiting for our other episodes, be sure to check out Lunethex's Syphon Filter LP. Lune has been the one helping the last few Low Chaos episodes come much faster due to his efficient and masterful sound editing, and he has me, Roboky, and later, Jade Star guesting in his own LP - whose hallmark is not just his own great sound editing, but his hysterically well done video editing.

Parting shot: I love you all. :)

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
And we love you, Coolguye. Keep being cool. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Now I feel bad for always forgetting that the vote system exists. :v:

Anyway, you really deserve the recognition and thanks for all the amazing entertainment. :)

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Well deserved! A great LP of a great game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm obviously too cool to admit that that's pretty drat satisfying. :colbert:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

radintorov posted:

It doesn't. Unless it was changed, there can be multiple LPs of the same game in the archive

Holy poo poo someone noticed my Alpha Protocol LP.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is almost as though you regularly produce entertaining and well made LP's on a regular basis.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

Holy poo poo someone noticed my Alpha Protocol LP.

It was your LP that made me take another look at that game and now it's one of my favorite RPGs ever.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Orv posted:

It was your LP that made me take another look at that game and now it's one of my favorite RPGs ever.

That means a lot to me, thank you.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Does the Low Chaos run not have interludes for a reason?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

Does the Low Chaos run not have interludes for a reason?

I'm terrible, mostly.

I've recorded them but I frequently find myself unsure of what to say, and the logical result of that has been that I overthink it and end up just recording the next episode instead. I had it on my agenda to spend time with it tonight, and there's no sound editing or anything since it's just me, so presuming I get something I'm happy with they'll be up very soon.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

High Chaos Update

Post Return to the Tower Interlude: Youtube Polsy
The Flooded District (Part 1): Youtube Polsy

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Speaking of a bad case of the Starscreams.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Goddamn it RoboKy I nearly woke my neighbors laughing with some of those krusky encounters holy poo poo

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I don't know why it happened but it's clear that at the start I did not utter the words "Feet don't fail me now"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You missed the overseer in the prison tank next to yours where you wake up. Sloppy. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Excuse me! It's called Radelaide.

• Locked thread