Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Duke?
This poll is closed.
Gross 25 18.38%
Disgusting 30 22.06%
Vile 38 27.94%
Abhorrent 43 31.62%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Tygor! posted:

I saw a stat that the Mizzou coach didn't win a true road game in his three year tenure at the school. If that's true, that's an amazing stat that may not be matched.

It's true and the only neutral court wins have been against Chaminade, some other team I forget, and Auburn last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--Tulane I think, I looked it up last night

Tygor! posted:

I saw a stat that the Mizzou coach didn't win a true road game in his three year tenure at the school. If that's true, that's an amazing stat that may not be matched.

They won @Chaminade in his first year if that counts. Maybe it doesn't because it was at their weird tournament? Or maybe it doesn't because they're a D2 school?

It's been so loving bad at Mizzou.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Tygor! posted:

I'm trying to talk myself out of picking Kansas to win the tournament. To Jayhawks fans, I hate you but please talk me out of it.

What were you saying

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Criminal Minded posted:

What were you saying

I mean, Kansas will have Jackson.

But yeah.

Tygor!
Mar 7, 2017

Someday we'll be good again. Someday.
Yes, I posted that a day early. I wonder if it's too late for them to drop to a #2?

Who am I kidding, I'm taking Villanova vs. SMU for the title because why the hell not, my team ain't playing in it AGAIN

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It'll be Nova versus... um...

...um...

...Virginia, and I'll want to die.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm going to be super salty if we lose to a garbage texas team tonight. Will really sour the optimistic rise before the traditional bob huggins first weekend exit.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Walton played today with stitches in his leg from the plane incident, still scored 19 with 5 assists and 4 boards

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/03/after_the_accident_michigans_p.html

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kansas will either win the title or get bounced on the first weekend, I seriously don't think there will be any in-between result.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

^^--Tulane I think, I looked it up last night

They won @Chaminade in his first year if that counts. Maybe it doesn't because it was at their weird tournament? Or maybe it doesn't because they're a D2 school?

It's been so loving bad at Mizzou.

GIVE ME CREAN!

(or Marshall if a man can dream)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Marshall will wait for Roy or K to retire.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I would be fine with Kelvin Sampson as the next Illini coach.

There, I said it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol northwestern went on a 31-0 run in the first half against rutgers

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This motherfucker can get down off his cross and blow me the long way.

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/840064883148251137

I don't know how you generate any sympathy with a statement like that.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol northwestern went on a 31-0 run in the first half against rutgers

I'm sure the excitement of Rutgers getting revenge next year will be a huge boost to the B1G TOURNAMENT IN THE B1G APPLE

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Here's a pretty nice column on what Michigan went through. The first person accounts make the crash sound a lot scarier than news reports.
http://on.freep.com/2m86Xil

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

"“It was remarkable execution,” Beilein said, of the way his team exited that plane. “If our team could execute like that, we would never lose a game.”"

I expected this from Harbaugh, not Beilein.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao so good ol' Bobby said a thing

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18872913/bob-knight-says-hopes-ex-indiana-university-bosses-all-dead

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

This motherfucker can get down off his cross and blow me the long way.

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/840064883148251137

I don't know how you generate any sympathy with a statement like that.

He probably has the same people who got him hired blowing that smoke up his rear end and thinks anyone other than that particular group will believe it after three years of poo poo. It's a petty statement, but the number of people who will actually believe it is vanishingly small and he's never going to get hired by Missouri again as a coach so, whatever. It's over, we're free.

Now to gently caress up the next coach signing. I suppose we should all be watching the B10 tournament and cheering against Indiana today. Ewww, they're playing Wisconsin. Oh well, it's for the greater good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Dan Patrick interview with Bobby made me keep thinking one solitary thought:

goddam is he Irish cuz he can hold a grudge.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bobby Knight is a trash person who should have been fired decades earlier and gently caress sports media for praising him for so long and creating such a cult of personality around him that he's been allowed to play martyr

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So Florida is playing Vandy tonight?

Third time's a charm!!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan is the 2nd best Big Ten team via Kenpom (if Wisconsin wins and covers the spread, they will jump them again) at #23.

Weird year.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

Bobby Knight is a trash person who should have been fired decades earlier and gently caress sports media for praising him for so long and creating such a cult of personality around him that he's been allowed to play martyr

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I'd honestly assumed Bob Knight had died of an aneurysm or hunting "accident" by now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

resident posted:

I'd honestly assumed Bob Knight had died of an aneurysm or hunting "accident" by now.

He's too stubborn to let himself die before all his enemies do.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bob Knight is going to be on a live performance stage with Gene Keady in my lovely republican town according to my radio.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

MourningView posted:

Counterpoint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZD1vkzYmyI

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
LSU fired Johnny Jones and the entirety of the men's basketball staff.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hahaha this is literally the first time northwestern has won more than 1 game in the Big Ten Tournament, i love our dumb trash history which every time is just the worst of everything, no disrespect to Northwestern's last great Big Ten Tournament moment which was when they knocked Rick Rickert off the bubble

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

hahaha this is literally the first time northwestern has won more than 1 game in the Big Ten Tournament, i love our dumb trash history which every time is just the worst of everything, no disrespect to Northwestern's last great Big Ten Tournament moment which was when they knocked Rick Rickert off the bubble

losing twice to Illinois disqualifies you from NCAA tournament play fyi

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/840665270641348608

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
gently caress competition, that's terrible news!

Congrats Illini fans.

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Duke's going to win today and somehow end up with a #1 seed right?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Absolute Zero posted:

Duke's going to win today and somehow end up with a #1 seed right?

And the easiest bracket.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
It's time to give into the Chicago AAU Coach terrorists and let them have input in Illini coaching. They are successfully freezing out the program from recruiting upstate and it seems to be working.

Let them have a voice in the process, it can't be any worse then now.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Illinois fired John Groce. Josh Whitman was willing to make Monty Williams one of the highest paid NCAA coaches and he said no.

That's promising at least, he's willing to spend. Might be a surprising hire if that's true and not go cheap for another mid major coach.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

wooooo

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

N: ISU is Big 12 champs again. 3 of last 4 years.

V: Suck it West Virginia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
UConn's season ends with a losing record for the first time since the 80s, but on the other hand, if they hadn't gotten into foul trouble against Cincy, they could've been in the conference championship.

Strange year, but at least they bring back some good players next year, including three players who got really bad injuries early on.

• Locked thread