Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i cant wait to play skyrim

in the bath

switch plugged into a/c current

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Glasgow Kiss posted:

*plays nintendo switch while driving car*

*runs over schoolkids leaving bus*

Headline: Rampage on the Rainbow Road

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'm going to play skyrim on the Switch while waiting for the updated version of Skyrim loads on my PC.
There should be enough battery life on the Switch for that 40 seconds or so.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Professor SJW posted:

Headline: Rampage on the Rainbow Road

if only those little assholes had a blue shell

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Professor SJW posted:

:agreed: i already have a 3ds that i am rightfully embarrassed to play in public. i don't need this second thing that i won't play in public.

If you are embarrassed to be seen playing a 3DS, the most popular handheld of all-time, in public in a world where everyone and their grandma plays games on their 3DS, iPhone, or iPad, then you have serious anxiety issues. It's you, not the video games that are embarrassing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Whenever I play my 3DS in public, I pop a boner. I'm embarrassed that people to see how small it is.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

its impossible to play the 3DS in public long enough to be embarrassed due to its sub-par battery life. the 3DS battery life is bad folks

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

If you are embarrassed to be seen playing a 3DS, the most popular handheld of all-time, in public in a world where everyone and their grandma plays games on their 3DS, iPhone, or iPad, then you have serious anxiety issues. It's you, not the video games that are embarrassing.

nah im pretty sure playing video games in public is bad. thank you for the really awful advice tho

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
3ds = bad

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Every chance I get, I will steal someone's Switch controller.
Not both, just one, for the lols.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nah its really good

im just not going to play it outside like im on a special ed field trip and need something to distract me from having a tard attack

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

look at that retard on his game boy he must play donkey kong so he doesnt go all donkey kong on the bus driver

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm having a tard attack that someone would play a 3ds, a 12 year old console, in 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Lol go to the new hugbox to watch then take umbrage at the fact someone called the Nintendo Switch a "toy for children."

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm having a tard attack that someone would play a 3ds, a 12 year old console, in 2017

consoles last longer these days. besides they are still making good games for it and it has all the dragon quests

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i have some more good points to make about the 3ds. you see the thing i- *autisic screeching*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Professor SJW posted:

consoles last longer these days. besides they are still making good games for it and it has all the dragon quests

all of the Dragon Quests?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

all of the Dragon Quests?

the good dragon quests

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Nintendo Switch is literally a teething toy for infants and lol at any person over the age of 18 months who picks it up to do anything besides run it through the dishwasher.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Can't remember the last time I saw someone playing a 3ds in public. Candy crush sure, but not a separate gaming console

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Is the Switch piss proof?

Asking for myself.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WhyteRyce posted:

Can't remember the last time I saw someone playing a 3ds in public. Candy crush sure, but not a separate gaming console

The big reason being that modern android phones are far more powerful than the 3DS because Nintendo's approach to hardware was literally beat by cell phones. Meanwhile Sony went the other direction and put in superior hardware, but not enough to matter, and drove the cost to "haha loving no" levels.

Really ultimately it's not that handheld gaming is dead, it's that handheld systems are literally just like lovely android phones that aren't phones.

Nintendo would still be smart to stay out of handheld gaming forever and start dumping their entire Nintendo games library on Android. You let people play Super Mario Bros and Super Smash Bros and Super making GBS threads Cash Bros on their phones, and they'd see huuuuuge profits. Their IP is the only thing that they have of actual value.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

happyhippy posted:

Is the Switch piss proof?

Asking for myself.

The real question is is piss Switch-proof?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
People on the internet have been saying that Nintendo should just go third part for twenty years, but Nintendo refuses to heed their sage advice.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I too am confused as to why Nintendo doesn't want their games on easily pirated devices and without actual buttons.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

The big reason being that modern android phones are far more powerful than the 3DS because Nintendo's approach to hardware was literally beat by cell phones. Meanwhile Sony went the other direction and put in superior hardware, but not enough to matter, and drove the cost to "haha loving no" levels.

Really ultimately it's not that handheld gaming is dead, it's that handheld systems are literally just like lovely android phones that aren't phones.

Nintendo would still be smart to stay out of handheld gaming forever and start dumping their entire Nintendo games library on Android. You let people play Super Mario Bros and Super Smash Bros and Super making GBS threads Cash Bros on their phones, and they'd see huuuuuge profits. Their IP is the only thing that they have of actual value.

Yeah they're idiots. lol they've only sold 65 million of them.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

WhyteRyce posted:

Sorry that you live in the middle of nowhere where there's no people. I see like 3 or more people on my bus to work every morning with a 3DS and even the occasional Vita.

I agree that way more people play phone games now, but to say that the 3DS is completely dead is hilariously wrong. The handheld has sold the most units of anything ever and the world is still in love with Pokemon.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 27, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
the 3ds sucks and only pedophiles play them

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

hmmm...you know what, i agree op

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

yeah but there are only a comparatively small number of good games on phones. also touch screen controls suck dick

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Nintendo Switch is literally a teething toy for infants and lol at any person over the age of 18 months who picks it up to do anything besides run it through the dishwasher.

ima buy it and play it. i am infant baby who does the games

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

gonna buy the switch but no games, games are for children and I'm no child

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

no what you're thinking of is ukuleles

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
drat Sega's marketing was effective. That "nintendo is for kids" marketing is still going strong after 25 years. Some people really never got over mortal kombat 1 not having blood. Dunno why people gotta bring the age thing into question, just say the consoles are weak and the controllers are stupid. That's why I'm not buying one.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

gonna buy the switch and pm applewite photos of me playing it on planes and at parties and my wedding so he can at least get a chuckle out of my autism :love:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

a bone to pick posted:

I think you mean Star Trek DVDs instead of 3ds

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blaise330 posted:

drat Sega's marketing was effective. That "nintendo is for kids" marketing is still going strong after 25 years. Some people really never got over mortal kombat 1 not having blood. Dunno why people gotta bring the age thing into question, just say the consoles are weak and the controllers are stupid. That's why I'm not buying one.

Most people don't give a poo poo about Nintendo's perception outside the internet. The Wii U didn't sell because it was poorly marketed and not designed well as a game console for the needs of the market. It also wasn't a console where the average dude in his 20s or 30s can come home and shoot guys with their friends in Battlefield or Call of Duty. That's basically it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Q. My bus ride home takes 7 hours.
How many times do I have to recharge the Switch if I am playing Skyrim?

Extra Credit: Given the above, do I get to the beheading scene in the game before I get home?

Show your work.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Q. My bus ride home takes 7 hours.
How many times do I have to recharge the Switch if I am playing Skyrim?

Extra Credit: Given the above, do I get to the beheading scene in the game before I get home?

Show your work.

You can't even install mods to make everyone naked. Why bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

can we browse reddit on the switch? i need to know before thursday please reply soon

• Locked thread