Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 49: Massively Incompetent Person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 50: Literally the same as before.

Hey everyone, I recorded a quick new episode to get us up to the next God Beast. Coolguy should be back with me Sunday and I should actually have enough space on my hard drive to actually record things which is a relief.

Apologies for all of this, I hope it hasn't killed people's enthusiasm too much!

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Episode 50: Literally the same as before.

Hey everyone, I recorded a quick new episode to get us up to the next God Beast. Coolguy should be back with me Sunday and I should actually have enough space on my hard drive to actually record things which is a relief.

Apologies for all of this, I hope it hasn't killed people's enthusiasm too much!

Nah we're fine on my part, and the boss didn't really have an interesting gimmick that needed figuring out which would have been the fun thing to see you guys puzzle with. So all is well.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
there was a pretty hilarious moment when we rolled up to him with our whole 'prejudices' and 'try everything' ethos :haw:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi everyone

Bonus episode is out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4opNjspVg3w

Coolguy and I will be recording tomorrow, so at the worst content will go up Tuesday.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Hi everyone

Bonus episode is out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4opNjspVg3w

Coolguy and I will be recording tomorrow, so at the worst content will go up Tuesday.

I don't know if you've mentioned this, but will the thread be voting for the job upgrades for Durran, Kevin, and Carlie?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

savixeon posted:

I don't know if you've mentioned this, but will the thread be voting for the job upgrades for Durran, Kevin, and Carlie?

Yes, definitely.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 51: This Frickin' Guy.

New Godbeast time!

Still processing, so give it a minute.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

To talk about the base game for a moment, I love that all the God-Beasts have these different battles and feels to them. It would have been so easy to go with a "dungeon and palette swap" formula but instead they all have their own visual style and strengths. Some retread old ground, some are new dungeons, some are fought in an arena, some basically ARE the arena (Dolan, Land Umber), some are evasive while others are tanks or damage races. It's just so cool.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Finally caught up. Good job on the First Try Bois with Dangaard. I was a bit worried there with your lack of healing items. I guess not all the God Beasts have a real... "gimmick", other than hitting hard. But honestly Dangaard already had a gimmick built-in with the phase transitions.

Xan Bie was always a joke in the base game so I'm interested to see how they'll jazz it up in this one. They managed to get something relatively threatening for his opposite, so we're just waiting to see what happens at this point.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Xan Bie definitely had us holding our breath when we were fighting him. He felt nicely done.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Alxprit posted:

Xan Bie was always a joke in the base game so I'm interested to see how they'll jazz it up in this one. They managed to get something relatively threatening for his opposite, so we're just waiting to see what happens at this point.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

It should be noted that Praetarius has requested that Fire be the last one.

:getin:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 52: The good word of stone cloud

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That is the perfect way to end that video. :allears:

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.

Have you guys found the secret shop yet?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 53: Did we even equip everything?

Still processing!

Solis posted:

Have you guys found the secret shop yet?

Yes, it happened offscreen, but that's where I grabbed our mistscreen charms from.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Congratulations once again! Though I feel like the god-beast itself wasn't weak to Earth despite the furnace obviously being so. Maybe it would have helped to try more elements on it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That was a really cute gimmick, I dig it.

Now I can't wait to see what Zable Fahr has in store. :getin:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi guys

No Zable Fahr unfortunately as Coolguy's harddrive has died a death.

Instead we have a bonus episode involving me fighting other machines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51sfQKMDtt0

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

five years of gaming, programming, video editing, and encoding finally caught up with one of the poor things. let nobody say it didn't fight a valiant battle.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Coolguye posted:

five years of gaming, programming, video editing, and encoding finally caught up with one of the poor things. let nobody say it didn't fight a valiant battle.

Remember it for the videos it created, not the ones that were lost.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Coolguye posted:

It rests knowing that for ever 0 it turned into a 1, it took at least as many elves with it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g2WrkFUh8E

Another bonus episode for you lovely people. I might put up the last one tomorrow or hold it in reserve. Probably the former.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Yep, seems hardtype is still hardtype, even for easymode team.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhjzdXeQwYM

The final in this set of Bonus episodes wherein I'm an idiot.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 54: That Attack

Still processing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Well that's a hell of a :fuckoff: if I've ever seen one.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I like how you logically and sensibly planned for what you were expecting.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Holy gently caress that attack was bullshit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 55: Maybe we're on time for once?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Shei-kun posted:

Holy gently caress that attack was bullshit.

Yes, yes it was.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it was the fart that destroyed our wroles

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 56: What made that happen?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

And that was the slaughter I was expecting out of ol' Zable. :getin:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Mhm... if it were me I would have single-targeted the magic towards the main head, since letting them all regenerate is always a recipe for disaster. Ideally in the base game you only want to eat a single Hell Cross, but usually it only uses it when it revives the heads. Seeing how it can use it whenever it wants when all three heads are alive in the mod, it would have been better to just keep the left one dead and focus-fire on the center. But I'm sure you guys will figure that out naturally. It also seems like Antimagic said no to your natural Light-imbued weapons, which really blew on that plan.

I can't speak to the controls issue because I've never played the game all the way through with someone else. That's on my bucket list.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

prepare for some poo poo with the refight

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
Hoo boy, Zable Fahr does NOT hold back with the bullshit after a certain point.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Episode 57: Samurai from FFV

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

BUCKLE THE gently caress IN, BOYS AND GIRLS, IT'S AN ENTIRE WEEK OF THIS FIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Quick question because I haven't gone this far through the base game - but why on earth are you killing both heads in a fight where the boss regenerates them? I get that you want to kill one, but from a lot of fights in that era, it was super common for the strategy to be to kill one of the two regenerating things and then kill the main boss so that it wouldn't regenerate them both. It also means that you're pouring literally thousands of damage into a target that isn't the main boss.

• Locked thread