Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
potato vodka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
old overholt is really bad but so is rittenhouse now so wtf are you supposed to do

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drinking beer

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
bought some vinho verde earlier this week but haven’t opened it yet

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
what is some good wine

a movie told me pinot

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

what is some good wine

a movie told me pinot

I like a good moscato

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Silver Alicorn posted:

I like a good moscato
thats an oxymoron

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bubbly pinot gris

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

moscato is garbage wine for idiots. imo. well at least all the ones I've tried are.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

gently caress I just owned myself

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
muscat or moscato is wine for people who don't like wine

my normal in stock wine is Shiraz. if my mom didn't like it it would be something else. I don't mind it but I don't love Shiraz. my mom also puts 3 ice cubes in her red wine even at a restaurant and owns me brutally continually

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kenny Logins posted:

muscat or moscato is wine for people who don't like wine

my normal in stock wine is Shiraz. if my mom didn't like it it would be something else. I don't mind it but I don't love Shiraz. my mom also puts 3 ice cubes in her red wine even at a restaurant and owns me brutally continually

lol

zinfandel (red) is delicous and the only wine i'll buy. the spicier the better

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
pinot noir and cabernet sauvignon are good. really anything dry and red is good as far as i care.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whatever's under ten bucks at the liquor store

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Moscato and Merlot are the mocha frappuccino of white and red wine respectively. I have never had one that didn't taste like Welch's. If you're making your choice with no information other than varietal, Riesling and Shiraz are a tiny step up—usually, but not necessarily, garbage. At a restaurant, I'll almost always opt for either the second-cheapest Cabernet or a dry Italian red like a Montalcino. If it's fish or I'm splitting the bottle with someone who only drinks white (don't be that person), Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Sideways is mandatory viewing for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXXDC5FarhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIRq5QG0bU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
usually chianti is a solid bet. gabbiano is a go-to

*hannibal slurping*

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Drinking wine sparking vodka beverage that I stole from some girl I know. Tastes like fruit juice lol.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I like fruity wines, I will try a dry wine when I want to feel sophisticated but :nallears:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

grappa lol

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
what about a good Malbec with some Mediterranean food

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Malbec is great wine

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

If u live near a trader Joe's they $6 Cote du Rhone in the squat bottle with the orange label is real easy drinking

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Captain Foo posted:

If u live near a trader Joe's they $6 Cote du Rhone in the squat bottle with the orange label is real easy drinking

I've tried it and Jesus Christ how can you stand that? It tastes like cough medicine. It takes a lot to get me to throw out alcohol unfinished but wow

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
i like yellow tail shiraz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a lot of red wines have sulfites and give me awful headaches but that one doesn't, as far as i can tell

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
x-post: chicago is cool

clicky for yuge

here is a shot of the cowboy texas '15

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 12, 2017

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Chris Knight posted:

clicky for yuge

:boobeer:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

i like yellow tail shiraz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a lot of red wines have sulfites and give me awful headaches but that one doesn't, as far as i can tell

hmm, I thought there is some dispute over sulphites role in hangovers, if you were to have an allergy a reaction would be very noticeable but I can't say with certainty about sensitivities... in any case my subjective experience would suggest they do, I've had far fewer hangovers making my own white wine with a bit of absorbic acid, but idk

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
that bourbon list is a thing of beauty

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

OldAlias posted:

hmm, I thought there is some dispute over sulphites role in hangovers, if you were to have an allergy a reaction would be very noticeable but I can't say with certainty about sensitivities... in any case my subjective experience would suggest they do, I've had far fewer hangovers making my own white wine with a bit of absorbic acid, but idk

i dunno if it's an allergy or a sensitivity or what, but it's not a hangover. i get an obvious reaction that's independent of the alcohol. about half an hour after drinking some red wines or eating some kinds of dried fruits i get a headache that gradually increases from mild to terrible, sometimes with associated chills and shaking. it sucks.

never done the tests, but it might be interesting to find out someday

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Chris Knight posted:

clicky for yuge

here is a shot of the cowboy texas '15

get the weller reserve

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

at the date posted:

I've tried it and Jesus Christ how can you stand that? It tastes like cough medicine. It takes a lot to get me to throw out alcohol unfinished but wow

I had a tripel recently by Dominion called Cherry Candi and it tastes exactly like cough syrup. I couldn't even drink half of it.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i like retsina

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

that bourbon list is a thing of beauty
yeah :discourse:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

tho selling people wild turkey 81 for $8 is haraam

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

at the date posted:

lol what

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oh it's at the date

Get out of yospos forever, fucko

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

i dunno if it's an allergy or a sensitivity or what, but it's not a hangover. i get an obvious reaction that's independent of the alcohol. about half an hour after drinking some red wines or eating some kinds of dried fruits i get a headache that gradually increases from mild to terrible, sometimes with associated chills and shaking. it sucks.

never done the tests, but it might be interesting to find out someday

there is such a wide range of how allergies and sensitivities are experienced and also the variety of things that can do it. you're probably right. i hear the US has an opioid crisis at the moment, so it should be easy to find some fentanyl laced heroin which would be good for easing the pain of the headaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

an earth drink. very rare now