Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DoctorGonzo posted:

if i go back with my ex loving kill me :toxx:

K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Doesn't Berlusconi have a new racist and/or pedophiliacal political party called Forza Italia?

Forza Italia has been around for 20+ years I think. It's not nearly as racist as the parties it's allied with, it's more about money laundering and gently caress you got mine.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

McLaren still slowest through the speed trap by quite a margin.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Honestly Fernando having to lug those massive balls around with him is slowing the car down

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Going any faster would just be showing off.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I'm gonna be laughing so hard when Alonso is being overtaken on the straights and decided to go play Indycar instead.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"Nothing we can do to prevent this" Says Only Team To Which This Regularly Happens

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well I guess this explains the Ferrari smoke clouds each time.....

The Ferrari garage has belched its daily cloud of smoke into the pit lane. It seems their start up process - and that of customer team Sauber - means a lot of oil is burnt off in the exhaust. The team uses an extractor fan to release that in the pit lane, creating an oily fog a few minutes before the Ferrari itself emerges.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have to give Ferrari due credit for being the first to properly develop Mario-kart power ups. That smoke cloud ought to be pretty useful if they can qualify on the front row

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
*rushes into thread* GUYS GUYS

https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/972032837879771136

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

McLaren at it again. What a wonderful team.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

GP2 Team, imo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
So where do you lads think Ferrari will piss away any hope of the championship this year? I'm thinking they'll probably hold on to the battle longer, but there's every possibility they could do it by Q2 at Melbourne.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

So where do you lads think Ferrari will piss away any hope of the championship this year?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Theophany posted:

So where do you lads think Ferrari will piss away any hope of the championship this year? I'm thinking they'll probably hold on to the battle longer, but there's every possibility they could do it by Q2 at Melbourne.

The mid-season break sounds like the safest bet; I think they'll do something to gently caress up Monaco and that will spiral them out of contention.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

At the start of the race, imo. If Vettel still goes all in on every launch, he'll have the same DnF problem he had last year. Then again, maybe Raikkonen doesn't have as much bad luck as last year, as he seems to be a very good starter also, but without the knife between the teeth.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Theophany posted:

A good question for Vettel's therapist.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Raikkonen's problem is that he will be told, in no uncertain terms, to get the gently caress out of Vettel's way if somehow he finds himself in front. He's less of a second driver and more of a Ferrari pensioner.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

Raikkonen's problem is that he will be told, in no uncertain terms, to get the gently caress out of Vettel's way if somehow he finds himself in front. He's less of a second driver and more of a Ferrari pensioner.

True, sadly.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Last year in China he totally needed to move the gently caress away.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11281170/classic-f1-vote-to-select-the-first-classic-race-of-2018-on-sky-sports-f1

quote:

Sky Sports F1 are giving the viewers the chance to pick the first classic race to be screened in 2018.

There are 10 races to chose from with the theme being McLaren world champions as it is 30 years since Ayrton Senna's first title, 20 years since Mika Hakkinen's first title and 10 years since Lewis Hamilton's first title.

I'm extremely disappointed Spa '98 isn't one of the choices. It's very fitting for McLaren right now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Norbert Haug's reaction is :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o02s_g5AUUE

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Norbert Haug is a very cool guy, and it's loving sad Wolff broke him and his voice.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
More top stuff from the boys at woking

https://twitter.com/piusgasso/status/971785678219509761

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I can't speak that language, but did they destroy the diffusor because the dropped the car during pitstop?

e: thank you, Google Translate....they did....

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wokin? more like sleepin!

that sponsorless mclaren looks really second rate

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tuo posted:

I can't speak that language, but did they destroy the diffusor because the dropped the car during pitstop?

The car fell and killed a large cat.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Ferrari has - unironically - the nicest livery this year, imo. And I never really liked Ferrari's liveries, because they were bland to me, but this years car looks awesome.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

mrfart posted:

The car fell and killed a large cat.

Yup, and then they had to get an even larger (in German google translates it with longer) cat.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 9, 2018

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

tuo posted:

Liberty should keep this on hand for the in-race graphics package.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Nill posted:

Liberty should keep this on hand for the in-race graphics package.

I'd actually like to watch some of the race though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I know we all love spa 98, but I honestly have no idea what happened after the crash. How many drivers made the restart? When did they do the second start? Who won?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

I know we all love spa 98, but I honestly have no idea what happened after the crash. How many drivers made the restart? When did they do the second start? Who won?

Damon Hill, Jordan 1, 2 iirc.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

What a car, what a driver and what a team op. #ForzaFerrari

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:five:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

tuo posted:

Yup, and then they had to get an even larger (in German google translates it with longer) cat.

Cats suck, glad to see McLaren on the puppy side of the pet debate.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

poty posted:

Cats suck, glad to see McLaren on the puppy side of the pet debate.

Counterpoint: cats are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

tuo posted:

Counterpoint: cats are awesome.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 9, 2018