Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Avalerion posted:

There’s something about a blue haired witch wanting to destroy the world but it deliberately takes a backseat to just loving around. Still better than ffta1 where Marche is the one destroying the world because he can’t bear to see his friends having fun.

I hate this argument. He doesn't hate his friends and he doesn't want to "ruin their fun". Hanging out in a fantasy land is fine once in a while but trying to permanently run away from your real world problems is incredibly childish and I'm glad he forced everyone to live in reality because I have an intense disdain for people who try to run away from everything bad in their lives.

It's no different than unplugging the computer on someone who has an MMO addiction. It's a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I remember FFTA2 having surprisingly good sidequest lines? Like House Bowen and the Flora questlines. I think Frimelda was pretty good too.

What I really remember FFTA2 for is the Auction system and giving Vaan a shirt.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

changed my mind, next character should be

Ziddar posted:

The Bonga Bugle missions were fun if you read the editor's articles about the mission afterword.

It's very silly. :v:

The actual missions could end up being awful though. Fuckin' editor

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

A surfing dog?! posted:

I just wanted an excuse to post this since we're talking about FFTA stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L65VrvcVNM

God I forgot about that weird rear end commercial. I miss wacky 90's game commercials.

"Hello I'm Mewt. Feel free to call or I may become irritable." is like the most accurate plot description of the entire game though. :v:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Best part of FFTA2 is you can literally rule the entire world if you play the auction system right.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Varance posted:

Best part of FFTA2 is you can literally rule the entire world if you play the auction system right.

No, the two best parts were Luso's reaction to the Moogle Rangers and his reaction to the Blue Mage in the tournament who boasted he was invincible because he had learned the powers of a whole bunch of monsters.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

McDragon posted:

lone wolf from VI

What a strange character, btw. He's literally the only beastman in the game, isn't he? And nobody seems to notice or give a poo poo?

Like Umaro is the only yeti, I guess, but that's both absolutely part of the gag (you find the sasquatch) and also everyone reacts with surprise to his discovery and relationship with Mog.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

What a strange character, btw. He's literally the only beastman in the game, isn't he? And nobody seems to notice or give a poo poo?

Like Umaro is the only yeti, I guess, but that's both absolutely part of the gag (you find the sasquatch) and also everyone reacts with surprise to his discovery and relationship with Mog.

gestahl is a dog man

(no, i know, but i did think that as an idiot child)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

(or it's just a guy wearing a wolf mask)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Do you no longer have to pull for characters in this? I remember trying it before Opera Omnia awhile back and being stuck with mostly obscure characters was kinda a turnoff.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You've never had to pull for characters.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Dandywalken posted:

Do you no longer have to pull for characters in this? I remember trying it before Opera Omnia awhile back and being stuck with mostly obscure characters was kinda a turnoff.
RK never had pulling for characters. You have to clear dungeons to unlock characters or have the necessary items to redeem for characters but pulling is always for items

maybe you're thinking of Brave Exvius?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

You're right, my mistake!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

gestahl is a dog man

(no, i know, but i did think that as an idiot child)

We all thought this

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

fridge corn posted:

We all thought this

I think XIV has a Gestahl minion that is literally a dog wearing his robes?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Put off all the fest content until this afternoon because I'm dumb, ended up having to leave behind the highest difficulty Weapon fights, the top two Zeromus fights, and the gil only raids. :(

Ah well, at least Zeromus is coming back with the rest of the superbosses again next fest, right?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cattail Prophet posted:

Put off all the fest content until this afternoon because I'm dumb, ended up having to leave behind the highest difficulty Weapon fights, the top two Zeromus fights, and the gil only raids. :(
same, but instead of putting it off until the last minute I chose not to do them because gently caress that bullshit

... actually I did forget to check the multiplayer levels. Whoops.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Ah well, at least Zeromus is coming back with the rest of the superbosses again next fest, right?

Same, oops. At least I got all of the ninja motes, not like I have much use for machinist and dragoon ones anyway.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I forgot to go back to do at least the Zeromus 220. What was the mystery anyway?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

iamsosmrt posted:

I forgot to go back to do at least the Zeromus 220. What was the mystery anyway?

It was a really cool gimmick fight. Basically you had a timer that started at 30 seconds, and if it reached 0 or 60s, you wiped. You had two extra targets that you could hit to reverse the timer, and Zeromus could also change the flow of time and even accelerate it. You also did more magic or physical damage the closer you were to 0 or 60 respectively. Once you deplete his HP bar, he heals himself and you lose the ability to reverse the timer, so you have a hard time limit to finish him off. You could also use Dr. Mog's RW pause the timer for a few seconds. to It was a lot of fun, definitely give it a shot on the next fest.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I blew my last 100 mythril on the FFT1 banner because I can't beat 4* Hades and it is the best holy banner in the foreseeable future.

Montblanc BSB
Montblanc LMR
Dupe Ramza LMR1
Dupe Ramza BSB

Those were my only dupes on the banner.

I guess that was one way to throw my remaining mythril in the trash.

Between terrible luck last fest and this I'm feeling burnt out.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

KPC_Mammon posted:

I blew my last 100 mythril on the FFT1 banner because I can't beat 4* Hades and it is the best holy banner in the foreseeable future.

Montblanc BSB
Montblanc LMR
Dupe Ramza LMR1
Dupe Ramza BSB

Those were my only dupes on the banner.

I guess that was one way to throw my remaining mythril in the trash.

Between terrible luck last fest and this I'm feeling burnt out.

That's exactly my hail mary pull....

Minus Montblanc BSB, and Ramza BSB and Ramza LMR.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Week and a half to Bartz~~~~

I did well on the fest, so naturally I'm gonna go lenna usbx4/44.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
It's the FFIX banner this week for me, my IX synergy is seriously rough so any of the USBs would help, especially Vivi or Zidane.

(What're the odds I end up with two more Hamelins instead?)

Edit: For V I have a very buff Krile and Galuf, but never had any luck pulling for Bartz, so I don't think the torment is in my near future. I like the look of the next event with Galuf and Greg's chains on the same banner, though.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jul 17, 2018

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
We had some goon/good clears with the recent fest and FFT torment.

A lot of our Discord people beat the Fellstar 350 weapons for crystals and rosettas saving Jenova from their wrath.

Parasol Waddle Dee and me mastered controlling time with ??? Zeromus grabbing that sweet music track.

ETB and Beasteh smited ??? Cuchulainn with holy power and Beasteh even did it in less than 30 seconds getting all of the rewards. PWD is very close to a clear with his Marach-including team so we have more coming.

Go us.

Let’s see if we’ll get a clear for the FFV torment next. The challenge will be finding good non-Bartz damage and buffing.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I got Dorgan and Kelger ready - but Bartz with only his earth bsb. I’d be happy with clearing the first two fights, whale difficulty is w/e.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I forgot all but the easiest versions of the weapons and zeromus, oops.

Elemental challenge thingy was easy until the bomb fight but Relm's BSB sorted them out in the end. Gonna use her more often, Last Stand is great. The one after that can gently caress off though. Guessing that one wants a chain or something.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don't forget to use up all your keystones today!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Finally finished all the nightmares, though I still have 2 to get mastery on (the curada fight is just loving tedious), tried my first magicite, got golem to like 75% before blowing up lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if i remember correctly you can break the curada fight over your knee with the ninja magics that ignore resistances and it should be an easy mastery. i think the only one i didn't bother with mastering was the meltdown fight because it's a random chance whether or not the circumstances for mastery will come up as you're pounding him into the dirt with black magic.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Cowcaster posted:

if i remember correctly you can break the curada fight over your knee with the ninja magics that ignore resistances and it should be an easy mastery. i think the only one i didn't bother with mastering was the meltdown fight because it's a random chance whether or not the circumstances for mastery will come up as you're pounding him into the dirt with black magic.

If you don't immediately pound Kaiser Dragon into the dirt he'll rotate through every element without repeating. It's not hard at all to master.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't understand the first part of your post and will not respond to it

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

First ever full-clear of a Crystal Tower that wasn't a fest gimme or otherwise.

Bahamut was the first one I worked on because I had heard the horror stories. I brute forced it with my shiny new Gilgamesh Chain, Setzer broke it in the face, and Elarra desperately tried to keep everyone alive. I don't know what I would have done without Regenga's effect keeping me healthy enough to reapply Hastegas when they were dispeled.

Next I did Guardian with windchain, since the team involved one synergy member with Luneth. Pretty vanilla battle, Tornado was spooky but he was nearly dead by then.

Tiamat Eliminator I did with standard knight stuff. Agrias carried Protect and Iris carried Haste for any single-target dispel countering. Otherwise, a dispel of my own to get rid of HIS Protect and we were fairly in the clear. Orlandowns.

Dainslef I wasn't exactly prepared for. I should have had Garnet off-healing with Curaja instead of trying to build up to her chain with Bahamut. Y'shtola was there to provide Proshellga through her SSB, and Mog was dancing and hasting with his BSB. The battle ended with too much offense, and Garnet and Mog were both fallen before I could finish the job. This team needs some more work, I feel.

I'm still happy though! Swimming in motes, and I need to spend some soon to get my lesser-power teams some goodness.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I really like the 260 Elmdor fight. There are a lot of moving parts, but that gives multiple ways to approach it and the feel of the fight shifts as you take out the pieces. It's a grind but it's an interesting grind, a lot of the 260 fights have felt more like rocket tag.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Let’s see if we’ll get a clear for the FFV torment next. The challenge will be finding good non-Bartz damage and buffing.

I thought I was set up pretty well for an earth run even before I pull a couple times for Bartz stuff.
Bartz: USB, Earth BSB, LMR, LM1/2
Galuf: USB (finally time to shine!)
Dorgann: USB and BSB
Lenna: BSB2
My final slot is less obvious: Faris (Unique, BSB1) can debuff, Gilgamesh (BSB) can dispell and Exdaeth (USB) can heal and Meltdown.

But then I read that Last Stand is basically a requirement...darn.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Who in 5 can give last stand?

Also while it would take ages, has anyone been crazy enough to try soloing it with Galuf’s invincibility sb yet? :D

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Avalerion posted:

Who in 5 can give last stand?

Lenna's new USB that's coming in the next event.

That's it!

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 17, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

That's it!

...at least Bartz and chain make that one actually pullable.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Fister Roboto posted:

That's it!

Did this game get swapped with Brave Exvius when nobody was looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's not even a very good USB compared to others. Party Curaga, 30% Stoneskin, and Last Stand. No instant cast.