Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
This reminds me I need to do my yearly rounds of data mining sites and put out C&D requests to have my information removed.

gently caress you Mylife, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This is good poo poo

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
mods rename me to: get cancer die sooner

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

drat, Clippy got that bling after his first rap album "Don't Assist the Police" really took off.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Solar Tornado posted:

drat, Clippy got that bling after his first rap album "Don't Assist the Police" really took off.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cut off the head of bezos and put it on a pike

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It makes a lot of sense to not have them pay anythin

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nationalize Amazon.

Cook Bezos on a spit.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDHstslg8Vo

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
peep that $1,000 sundae

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Countries desperately trying to keep companies in the country when they demand such ridiculous corporate handouts in tax credits and tax breaks just to keep like 1000 jobs is laughable, would be actually cheaper and better for the country just give those thousand people unemployment.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hey, she's single!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

Countries desperately trying to keep companies in the country when they demand such ridiculous corporate handouts in tax credits and tax breaks just to keep like 1000 jobs is laughable, would be actually cheaper and better for the country just give those thousand people unemployment.

Nyeh *sniff* but you see aktsually *pushes up glasses* Amazon will move out of the US and take all the money with it if we impose any sort of standards!

*doesn't realize the customer base will remain in the US*

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Energy companies need more money

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fleetwood Crack posted:

peep that $1,000 sundae

This reminds me of that Buzzfeed series on YouTube where a guy goes around LA or whatever and picks a food. He eats at a cheap restaurant, a medium price and a super expensive place.

So he has poo poo like $800 hamburgers and $1000 hot dogs

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

This is literally the case in China

it's not. china's social credit score doesn't actually exist (or at least not yet, as it is merely a vague proposal at the moment). the media is conflating this with private companies' credit score apps as well as the travel ban mechanism a lot but that's incorrect

china does some super creepy poo poo that fits in this thread 100% but theyre a bit more subtle than the non-existent social credit score

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
This isn't a picture but I'm yoinking it from the AUG thread since it's pretty much peak bullshit and makes me incredibly angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSK4fPC966s

e: Credit to forums user Teagan for posting it in that thread.

Nurge has issued a correction as of 16:21 on Jul 18, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

it's just so sad to know that they're are dollars that don't belong to Lord Bezos. Shop Now before Prime Day ends

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Len posted:

I originally got my phone plan at an independent Verizon store. I was in the middle of surprise unemployment and one day my phone rings:

"Hi is this Len?"
"Yes it is"
"Hi this is Scumbag Salesman just calling to let you know about our sales going on this weekend"
"Yeah I don't have a job I won't be coming in"
"But we have the newest phone on sale"
"That's nice I'm unemployed and won't be coming in good bye"

loving vultures

I wanted to switch my internet service from Time Warner (now Spectrum?). I called them up and, because I knew it was going to be a pain in the rear end to cancel, decided to lie and say I'd lost my job, and that was the reason I was cancelling. I thought it'd make things go quicker.

So I told the rep that I was cancelling because I needed to save money since I was out of work. She suggested I downgrade my speed so my bill would be lower. I reiterated that I wanted to cancel altogether because I got laid off. She said, and I am 100% not making this up, "But how are you going to find a new job if you don't have internet service?"

I was loving floored. I think I told her I was going to use my phone service, and eventually managed to get the service cancelled.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Skypie posted:

This reminds me of that Buzzfeed series on YouTube where a guy goes around LA or whatever and picks a food. He eats at a cheap restaurant, a medium price and a super expensive place.

So he has poo poo like $800 hamburgers and $1000 hot dogs

I've seen some of them, they usually add like $50 to the price by putting on 20 cents worth of gold flake and claiming it's fancy now. The really expensive stuff is just regular food item plus a buttload of black truffle thrown on top. It's really unimaginative and they've all just copied each other's hipster bougie asses.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

I've seen some of them, they usually add like $50 to the price by putting on 20 cents worth of gold flake and claiming it's fancy now. The really expensive stuff is just regular food item plus a buttload of black truffle thrown on top. It's really unimaginative and they've all just copied each other's hipster bougie asses.

Yeah it's that or a $12 burger with a $400 bottle of Dom Perignon

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

Other times it's "we scoured the world for the finest ingredients. This hamburger has ingredients from 37 different countries."

...well I mean it's still a hamburger just now it's $100 and has a pretentious backstory.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

dakana posted:

I wanted to switch my internet service from Time Warner (now Spectrum?). I called them up and, because I knew it was going to be a pain in the rear end to cancel, decided to lie and say I'd lost my job, and that was the reason I was cancelling. I thought it'd make things go quicker.

So I told the rep that I was cancelling because I needed to save money since I was out of work. She suggested I downgrade my speed so my bill would be lower. I reiterated that I wanted to cancel altogether because I got laid off. She said, and I am 100% not making this up, "But how are you going to find a new job if you don't have internet service?"

I was loving floored. I think I told her I was going to use my phone service, and eventually managed to get the service cancelled.

My go to saying for cancelling is, "I'm moving out of the country" which there really is no reply to other than, "Ok".

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

dakana posted:

She's not exactly wrong. Lots places don't even offer a way to apply that isn't online. There's obviously ways to work around it, but her reaction is understandable.

That's why it's kind of ridiculous when politicians treat the internet as purely a luxury when so much of society has been directly tied to it these days.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

nationalize thread guillotine op

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The only person who should be subjected to this is the inventor.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I always wanted to know if gold like, had a flavor that was added by putting gold leaf in food or alcohol in addition to just making it gaudy and for rich people, so I bought a small amount of it for like $5 and just ate it by itself and it just tastes like nothing. like you don't even get a metallic taste because gold doesn't react with anything in your mouth like other metals do, and it's so thin you can barely even feel it.

That's my gold leaf story thanks for reading.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bonzo posted:

My go to saying for cancelling is, "I'm moving out of the country" which there really is no reply to other than, "Ok".

I just don't tell them why because it's none of their loving business and I don't feel like helping them with their analytics or w/e.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

ate all the Oreos posted:

I just don't tell them why because it's none of their loving business and I don't feel like helping them with their analytics or w/e.

True, but I've found that all that does is lead me into conversations like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUkKN8Yu0us

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

I always wanted to know if gold like, had a flavor that was added by putting gold leaf in food or alcohol in addition to just making it gaudy and for rich people, so I bought a small amount of it for like $5 and just ate it by itself and it just tastes like nothing. like you don't even get a metallic taste because gold doesn't react with anything in your mouth like other metals do, and it's so thin you can barely even feel it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVMcAO5TYzk

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thats actually pretty good placement if the charity put theirs up after the burger ad.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I remember hearing in '07 and '08 that most families were feeding their kids off the value menus because it was cheaper than real food at the grocery.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Bonzo posted:

I remember hearing in '07 and '08 that most families were feeding their kids off the value menus because it was cheaper than real food at the grocery.

corporate welfare has made a cheeseburger cost less than a head of lettuce

don't worry y'all the invisible hand will jerk us all off or w/e

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've had it in a few items over the years, someone put it in a cake once, I've had goldschlager, it's literally nothing. Complete waste and just a gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Saw this on the subway yesterday. Yeah because I really wanna get some WORK done in bed.

...actually maybe i do? I dont know i was pretty high and took this pic just for the thread

Only registered members can see post attachments!