Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i know you've always had debilitating brain problems, but most of those fighters didn't before they started their careers. try to understand that other people actually have something to lose

they haven't lost the ability to look their parents in the eye at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFjf1D2QjNk

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Himuro posted:

https://www.gq.com/story/trevor-noah-second-amendment-not-for-black-people

The USA wasn't intended for black people period. Slavery was literally a part of its economic endeavors and why it wasn't outlawed. Does this mean I, as a black person, should leave? No. Just because the second amendment wasn't made for black people in mind does not mean that I do not deserve to wield it as a right.

Yes and

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Volkerball posted:

they haven't lost the ability to look their parents in the eye at least.

Depends how advanced their CTE is.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i know you've always had debilitating brain problems, but most of those fighters didn't before they started their careers. try to understand that other people actually have something to lose

There's less concussions than boxing or football because there's a reason to hit things that aren't the head and refs will stop poo poo the instant someone looks like they got their bell rung, as opposed to boxing where you get duffed a few more times

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also you're basically never going to eliminate people wanting to see who would win in a fight

Either in terms of the fighters or actusl spectators

And short of living in the pure Star trek utopia someone is always going to find a way to make money off of it

Basically trying to shame it out of existence isn't going to work so you can make it safer or else make it so dudes don't see getting punched as a viable life plan for lack of alternatives but those are your options

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 29, 2018

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Also you're basically never going to eliminate people wanting to see who would win in a fight

Either in terms of the fighters or actusl spectators

Then at least make it worth our time. Celebrity Death Match only real. Jake Tapper vs Tucker Carlson.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also calling it blood sport when UFC is incredibly quick to stop poo poo if someone's hurt or looks unable to fight is pretty stupid! I don't know about other promotions but every time I've watched ufc and it hasn't ended in a submission or gone to time 99% of the time the ref was like whoa whoa no that dude got his loving head knocked off stop this immediately

Again

As opposed to boxing where you literally get a chance to stand back up and have it happen again and again and again

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You dont need to be hit in the head or draw blood to suffer repeated concussions.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Furnaceface posted:

You dont need to be hit in the head or draw blood to suffer repeated concussions.

I mean suffering trauma to the head is generally how you suffer trauma to the brain but I was also speaking generally

Mma has come a long way from the days when you could just knee a guy in the face until he was mostly mush and the ref couldn't stop you because there was nothing in the rules allowing for ref stoppages

That poo poo was actually blood sport and it's good that it's not allowed anymore

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
my most prized possession is a trophy from when i came third in my division in karate (my division had three people in it)

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
https://twitter.com/614Magazine/status/1068172793181687810?s=19

Everyday is a testament to the strength god gives me by not kicking every ohioan politicians rear end.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

https://twitter.com/614Magazine/status/1068172793181687810?s=19

Everyday is a testament to the strength god gives me by not kicking every ohioan politicians rear end.

isn't that already the status quo everywhere tho

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

fishmech posted:

isn't that already the status quo everywhere tho

It's not about achieving legal change, it's about sending a message.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dadchat, home to all your favorite bumper sticker jokes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
if this thread's a rockin i'm doin coke to dokken

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
in the near future, human beings will communicate solely in the format of "doop dee doop to own the deep doo deep."

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

There's less concussions than boxing or football because there's a reason to hit things that aren't the head and refs will stop poo poo the instant someone looks like they got their bell rung, as opposed to boxing where you get duffed a few more times

boxing and football are bad too

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

Prison inmates in South Carolina received arrest warrants and summonses for a sextortion scam involving catfishing of hundreds of military service members, a Naval Criminal Investigative Service report revealed Wednesday.

With help from outside accomplices, inmates used cellphones to seek out service members on dating sites and social media, then developed romantic relationships with them behind a fake female identity. Ultimately, inmates would blackmail service members for money, the NCIS report said.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

i made some friends today

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

boxing and football are bad too

Yeah I didn't say they weren't, but thanks for chiming in with this

Do you have literally any ideas other than shaming people

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Pretty sure he likes nature and thinks we need to save the climate (possibly by shaming people).

Also loves the ocean, even if he prefers the wrong one.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredcows/2018/11/two-more-women-accuse-neil-degrasse-tyson-of-sexual-misconduct/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Furnaceface posted:

Pretty sure he likes nature and thinks we need to save the climate (possibly by shaming people).

I meant regarding this specifically

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

I can’t follow what you mean here.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Muppets On PCP posted:

if this thread's a rockin punch richard dawkins

ftfy

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have to type out "chrysanthemoides monolifera ssp. rotundata" multiple times per day

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
marg bar amrika :420:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

my favorite pokemon

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
https://twitter.com/CATargetBot/status/1068529896547209217

everyone give your money to jabar s reece

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

incredible flesh posted:

i have to type out "chrysanthemoides monolifera ssp. rotundata" multiple times per day

just use copy/paste, that's basically how i made my thesis

e:

exmarx posted:

marg bar amrika :420:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Q: What is a good, fun movie that you probably forgot about?
A: Bowfinger.
Q: Is Eddie Murphy really good in it?
A: Yes, he is.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
attn vb:

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1068588574067646469

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1067746578226704384

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

legal prohibition

incredible flesh posted:

hope you're italicizing properly. in other news today I was almost run over by a thresher

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

drill baby drill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

you know you are welcome to post in succzone as well as read it