Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mystes
May 31, 2006

irradiating food is a good way to improve safety and nobody uses it because people are loving stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I thought Abe got assassinated in a theater by some southerner after the Civil War? :confused:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I just found this neat place:

https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/...al%20to%20begin

Copy/paste for the month of January:

Monday, January 8, 2024 – GA: Motions (other than motions in limine) due (for all defendants except Mark Meadows, Jeffrey Clark and David Shafer)
Tuesday, January 9, 2024 – DC Trump Case: Oral arguments in Trump D.C. Circuit appeal of Judge Chutkan order denying his motions to dismiss based on Presidential Immunity and constitutional grounds, at 9:30 AM; MAL: Joint discovery status report due; Oregon 14A: Parties supplemental briefing due on (1) whether the plaintiffs have standing, and (2) what authority the Oregon Secretary of State has in the matter
Thursday, January 11, 2024 – NY Civil Fraud: Parties closing arguments
Monday, January 15, 2024 – Iowa Republican Presidential Caucuses
Tuesday, January 16, 2024 – MAL: Defendants motions to compel discovery; Carroll I: Trial begins at 9:30 AM (on damages only)
Wednesday, January 17, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day for Superior Court to issue written decision on any appeal of the decision of the Secretary of State
Thursday, January 18, 2024 – Trump Colorado SCOTUS 14A: Last day for Trump brief, amicus curiae briefs in support and in support of neither party
Saturday, January 20, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day to file notice of appeal to the decision of the Superior Court
Tuesday, January 23, 2024 – New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary
Wednesday, January 24, 2024 – Maine 14A: Last day for Trump to file appeal brief and appendix with clerk of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court
Wednesday, January 31, 2024 – Trump Colorado SCOTUS 14A: Last day for respondents briefs and amicus curiae briefs in support; Maine 14A: Last day for the Maine Supreme Judicial Court to issue its decision on any appeal of the decision of the Superior Court; NY Civil Fraud: Justice Engoron to file written decision

that's a whole lotta LOLs!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Grey Cat posted:

Teach him about the buttery jack or some poo poo.

He only knows about the buttery males

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

vaginite posted:

I always thought he got McDonalds because the people making it didn't know it was for him. Wasn't there a story itt where one of his chefs would always spit (or worse) in his food and one day he found out about it and got paranoid?

Perfectly reasonable tbh, if I was as big of a piece of poo poo as Trump I wouldn't trust anyone with my food.

From what I remember Trump is ultra paranoid about being poisoned.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Outpost22 posted:

I thought Abe got assassinated in a theater by some southerner after the Civil War? :confused:

Really gotta think twice now about going into politics with a name like Abe.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

He only knows about the buttery males

:pusheen:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That's wild about the assassination of ABE in JApan. I didn't know any of that.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hollismason posted:

That's wild about the assassination of ABE in JApan. I didn't know any of that.
Yeah, that guy blasted Abe with a home made cyberpunk shotgun. There was a certain amount of "oh god! Shinzo Abe! he was a statesman!" but the Japanese public's response seemed to be "huh, RIP. You know, the shooter has a point, what IS up with the Moonies?"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Abe was a very divisive political figure in Japan. Above and beyond his association with the Moonies, he had done awesome things like try to glorify Japanese war crimes in world war 2 (because his father committed a lot of them).

His policies also sucked, he was more anti-immigrant than most modern republicans or Tony "Boatstopper" Abbott was in Australia. There was the entire meme of Abe threatening Japanese millennials with a gun and telling them to go have children because that was the only way Japan was ever going to get a functional workforce, all while other policies made it impossible for those millennials to get jobs, have life satisfaction, and be able to figure out how to have a kid in the hosed-up world Abe and his ilk had created.

There was a nontrivial amount of LOL on Japanese websites the very day Abe got blown away, so when the killer started telling his story, there were people who were already inclined to listen rather than just reflexively burn him at the stake.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Hollismason posted:

Not unreasonable considering his alleged connections to the Russians.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 – NY Civil Fraud: Justice Engoron to file written decision

So what you’re saying is, there’s still a chance Trump can be in the Royal Rumble? I hope Engoron gets to do a run-in in him.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Classically-delicious irradiate steak tartare.

unironically yes

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

If kids want to eat, they need to get off their dang phone and put in a shift at the factory.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
We are only 87? days away from the start of the Federal Trial.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

We are only 87? days away from the start of the Federal Trial.

March 4? We are closer than that

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jesus charged a buck for fish and loaves, it's only right

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I always love it when conservative christians are like " No actually children starving is good because it teaches them a life lesson". They're such hypocrites.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I always love it when conservative christians are like " No actually children starving is good because it teaches them a life lesson". They're such hypocrites.

Jesus famously refused to feed people for free.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Give a child a fish and they’ll eat for a day, teach a child to fish and they’ll make your fish company maximum profits for less than minimum wage.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

How long until Johnson is ousted?

quote:

Congressional leaders reached a $1.66 trillion agreement Sunday to finance the federal government in 2024, preserving funding for key domestic and social safety net programs in the face of GOP demands to cut the government’s budget.

The agreement, announced jointly by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), will almost surely face vehement opposition from far-right House Republicans, who had hoped to force steep budget cuts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/01/07/congress-budget-deal/

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Hollismason posted:

it does teach them that republicans don't give a single gently caress about humanity, so I guess that's sort of valuable?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

:hmmyes:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Johnson may have the sense God gave a goose to realize it would be better for the GOP and his long term prospects to punt this can into 2025 rather than have a two-month government shutdown which will make literally every American not soul-sanctioned to "TRUMP" hate the House Republicans.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
I can see some of this poo poo going down...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I enjoy the hilarious and superficially contradictory ones. I could definitely see a one-two of "Texas tries to Secede" and "Texas goes Blue"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yeah I believe in supply side Jesus as well.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

I realize television media is losing influence to even worse hovels like Twitter, but is there any broadcast news that isn’t supporting or protecting Trump at this point?

Media beholden to capital is incapable of rocking the boat or really doing anything that's not motivated by profit.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Hollismason posted:

everything about trump has to have an asterisks after it. like "trump is a germaphobe*" or "trump is afraid of being poisoned*"
because trump is all these things as far as he understands them, he's a germaphobe* with no understanding of germ theory. to him germs come from poor people and literal dirt. if he can't see it it's not dirty.

i'm 100% convinced that trump kept calling the virus "invisible" because that's literally the word they had to use to get him to understand how something can have germs on it despite the thing not being visibly dirty. he was all "i don't have to wash my hands because there's nothing on them" someone had to sit down and literally say "the virus is invisible" and he went "oh, i know that word" and that's how he understands the issue. i still don't think he "believes" it, there's no way he'd ever take any other person's over his own, and there's no way new information made any changes to how he thinks or behaves. but it's the closest they could get.

it's not a vital distinction to make in the wild, it's easy enough to say he's a "germaphobe" but i think it's important to keep in mind just how proudly and profoundly ignorant and broken trump is. at 9 years old he decided he knew best and has been stuck there ever since. he hasn't grown, he hasn't learned. you wouldn't make a 9 year old president. the fact that trump was a "successful" person, to the degree that he is is an indictment on america. a stain we should work to remove and never ever have it repeat again.

just how trump is a "business bigot". he's a racist bigot misandanyst whatever-ist...unless it can raise his worth. he'd 100% "date" a model of color if it helps raise his status and therefore networth. being an opportunistic piece of poo poo does not preclude you from that. however, again, it's easier to just say "trump is a racist"* because, at the end of the day, treump is nothing but a collection of broken personality traits that all just happen to create a fascist racist bigoted whatever-ist. he has no real values or morals. he's just never had to develop any of that

*as he understands the issue

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

This implies that the infrastructure spending is preserved? Does anyone have any more info on that?

That was like the hugest thing that happened in Biden's presidency, we finally loving started building some god damned roads and bridges.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

laughed aloud when i saw trump had refused to sign yet another election pledge
man's a toddler

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Steadiman posted:

What's funny is that, after all trump's attacks and insults, Ron is absolutely going to pull a Cruz and endorse him as the greatest president and human being ever

I want the Trump + Rhonda version of the Trump + Romney photo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Only way a George Santos movie happens is if he is played by George Santos

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Coolguye posted:

This implies that the infrastructure spending is preserved? Does anyone have any more info on that?

That was like the hugest thing that happened in Biden's presidency, we finally loving started building some god damned roads and bridges.

Yeah, and it keeps the Inflation Reduction Act in place as well it looks like. That's a pretty big deal because it's doling out a lot more money than Manchin intended, and it's spurring ton of private investment in grid modernization, efficiency, renewables, nuclear power, and related manufacturing. The American Rescue Plan funds are already mostly committed or spent, so the only way the GOP can claw that back is to literally dig up all the fiber networks and sewer systems that went into the ground over the last couple years.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Data Graham posted:

Only way a George Santos movie happens is if he is played by George Santos

catch me if you can’t

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nessus posted:

Johnson may have the sense God gave a goose to realize it would be better for the GOP and his long term prospects to punt this can into 2025 rather than have a two-month government shutdown which will make literally every American not soul-sanctioned to "TRUMP" hate the House Republicans.
his problem is that he has to rely on every single house member of the gop doing the same.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dick Fontaine posted:

catch me if you can’t

baby's day out 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dick Fontaine posted:

catch me if you can’t