Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
This is Sopranos not understanding Nintendo controls levels of petty nerd poo poo but could a DVD just keep playing the same part of Ferris Bueller over and over like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

snoremac posted:

This is Sopranos not understanding Nintendo controls levels of petty nerd poo poo but could a DVD just keep playing the same part of Ferris Bueller over and over like that

Not a regular DVD but the one in the show is a special spooky DVD.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any explanation why it was repeating that same snippet both times she was there?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

For spoopy atmosphere

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Worf posted:

the half life blue shift remake we didnt need

https://www.youtube.com/embed/TbZ3HzvFEto?start=940&end=951&autoplay=1

"succ is forever" -gaben, valve software

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

huh posted:

Is there any explanation why it was repeating that same snippet both times she was there?

The same as almost every other thing in this season;

*shrug* A ghost did it maybe, it's up to you viewer.

Stellar writing.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

snoremac posted:

Like when Jodie Foster explains that ham can remain unspoiled for days to show that the other cop is a negligent father who didn't make sandwiches for his kid because he didn't know that.

yes like that lol
Like overly expository let me tell you who my character is and who this person is

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm hearing the audio to the final episode now as my other half watches it. I'm starting to think that Jodie Foster is not very good at acting. Is it possible a bad script can make a good actor bad?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

huh posted:

I'm hearing the audio to the final episode now as my other half watches it. I'm starting to think that Jodie Foster is not very good at acting. Is it possible a bad script can make a good actor bad?

it depends on if i already like the thing and what agenda i have

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

huh posted:

Partially. She’s also surrounded by amateurs for the most part so she’s giving what she’s getting.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

It’s not Jodie fosters fault she’s a bad actress

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Danvers called that dude out because she was grumpy and she's a drat detective son of course she's picking up clues like the ham has been out for awhile

If this was S1 Cohle you boys would be all over him telling us how smart and cool and smart he is

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Maybe if you know the consistency of mayonnaise when it gets left out for 3 days and the smell of wet clothes rotting in a washing machine it's because you're a lazy slob? I don't know any of those things because I'm an adult who doesn't leave a ham sandwich out for that long, I clean up my messes

"Mmm yes this is the distinct smell of urine in a 2 liter bottle that got knocked over" *everybody stares* "...I know this because I'm a good parent"

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

just wash your ham with the laundry and slurp it down with a 2L of piss, problem solved

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Marty would never notice the ham was old because Marty was a dumbass

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Smugworth posted:

"No Marty, ham don't spoil that quick. We stole fire from God and refused to allow his creations to die."

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Ham is a flat lunch meat

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Seems like you could remove the quasi spooky ghosty stuff and have maybe a decent two-episode Law & Order

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Smugworth posted:

Danvers called that dude out because she was grumpy and she's a drat detective son of course she's picking up clues like the ham has been out for awhile

If this was S1 Cohle you boys would be all over him telling us how smart and cool and smart he is

stop trying to make "fetch" happen

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

they could've done so much with the setting, indigenous stories, or themes but decided to do nothing. Dyatlov pass, inuit mythos, ecological concerns, all ignored for pointless spookies. Powerful storytelling.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Captain Danvers probably has sandwich forensics on her dating profile under hobbies.

Warning possible matches that she knows a lot about people if they order mustard and mayo on their Italian sub.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Worf posted:

just wash your ham with the laundry and slurp it down with a 2L of piss, problem solved

Very mean of you to try tricking someone into eating midwestern cuisine

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Marty would have hosed the ham sandwich

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This show has taught me that modern civilization and science and industry is bad and will always eat itself. Long live primordial stuff or whatever

Also lol her son's name is holden because she can't let go, some genius poo poo here

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This show has taught me that modern civilization and science and industry is bad and will always eat itself. Long live primordial stuff or whatever

Also lol her son's name is holden because she can't let go, some genius poo poo here

his name is Rust Coal, because he is "of the earth" :hai:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i thought it was bc hes in an oxidation state & turns into diamonds under pressure

this is very concerning

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wizard2 posted:

his name is Rust Coal, because he is "of the earth" :hai:

A lot of the discourse around this season versus the first season reminds me of when MGS2 first came out and people insisted they hated the game because the plot was stupid and bad or whatever and it definitely had nothing to do with the fact that you couldn't play as some alpha dude bro for most the game and instead the main character was some dweeb very obviously making fun of the types of people who desperately wanted to have their alpha dude bro Mary sue be the main character.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

That dumb town is fuckin dead when that mine closes and all the workers leave. Unless a new company comes in to get that miracle microbe that was apparently discovered and was 100% viable for saving humanity as a whole until it was destroyed by the angry protestor lady

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 25, 2024

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tbh I'd be willing to sacrifice a stupid tiny alaska town for the cure to all known diseases

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tbh I'd be willing to sacrifice a stupid tiny alaska town for the cure to all known diseases

any of the A states really

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tony quidprano posted:

A lot of the discourse around this season versus the first season reminds me of when MGS2 first came out and people insisted they hated the game because the plot was stupid and bad or whatever and it definitely had nothing to do with the fact that you couldn't play as some alpha dude bro for most the game and instead the main character was some dweeb very obviously making fun of the types of people who desperately wanted to have their alpha dude bro Mary sue be the main character.

:haibrow:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Season 5 spoilers :ssh:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Tony quidprano posted:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Every True Detective "alpha dude" is a toxic piece of poo poo so I don't think it's like MGS2.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 26, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I don’t ever want u mowing my lawn

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

But I LIKE. Mowing your lawn.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Environmental racism at its peak

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Nah, the show is just dumb for making that a possibility at all

The show could easily have maintained a message about how native communities are being destroyed without having the stakes be a successful miracle cure to human disease

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 27, 2024

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Nah, the show is just dumb for making that a possibility at all

The show could easily have maintained a message about how native communities are being destroyed without having the stakes be a successful miracle cure to human disease

okay but if you do that then you can't very vaguely imply that the scientists might've unearthed some lovecraftian horror. you gotta pick your battles dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Why didn’t the mega corp just buy the town some Brita filters?