Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
I love the Sephy fight, although it does depend on having some raw stats so it doesn't take forever. Both titans are also neat but gently caress phantom and Kurt zisa.
The ddd fight is kinda neat just for neing hard as balls due to sheer power rather than having a 2 second vulnerability window. It's refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm not going to lie, I might just boot up the backup of my old saves where Aqua is like lv 65 or 75 in order to beat him, because massive level grinding was the only way I could do significant damage to him.

Can all, or any, of the optional bosses be made significantly easier through grinding? For example you say all of Starkillers attacks drop you to 1Hp, but was that just hyperbole? If you go crazy and grind for level99/max will that not be the case due to your insane (?) def/hp?

I guess I am asking which of any of the secret bosses, if any, are dependent almost exclusively on skill, like these two seemed to be, against; player skill/knowledge can be made up for in exp?

Also a tonne of this after endgame, after secretgame, after extragame stuff feel likes its going way over my head with KH2 and only KH2 being the one game of the series I have had zero contact with. I think I followed most of it until now having mostly KH1 and CoM knowledge. Though I admit that might be lessened if I manage to watch the second half of that 354/2 or whatever it was called LP of yours.

terrordactle
Sep 30, 2013
I know the mysterious figure actually gets faster the higher up you're leveled, and his attacks still do the same amount of damage so you're actually better off fighting him at a lower level. The mirage arena bosses require memorizing their attack pattern more than any hidden method of winning like spamming mine squares or surges.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

terrordactle posted:

I know the mysterious figure actually gets faster the higher up you're leveled, and his attacks still do the same amount of damage so you're actually better off fighting him at a lower level. The mirage arena bosses require memorizing their attack pattern more than any hidden method of winning like spamming mine squares or surges.

Wait, what.

That's news to me.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good lord that low-health sound is annoying when it's happening 75% of a fight.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hey guys, just booted this game up for the first time in a while. Sorry about the long delay for the final two bosses. I've moved and am settled into my new place, so I think it's about time I get down to business. If I didn't mention it before, I am gonna fight the last two guys on a save from a while ago where I already beat them and have Aqua leveled up to the point that it isn't insanely difficult. So that shouldn't take more than a few days, hopefully the update will be up by the end of next week. And then I can finally finish this drat LP!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

:siren: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :siren:

AN UPDATE

Let's fight this boss, drat it! Who is it? The screenshot is a hint.

Bonus Boss the third YouTube Dailymotion (Dailymotion is still encoding I guess?)

Next time is the very final secret boss and I will finally be done with this drat LP! I also need to update the OP with all the Dailymotion links for the videos before it gets archived. See you in a couple of weeks!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That boss seems fun, which is more than you can say about Vanitas's lingering spirit. gently caress that guy, and gently caress whoever designed Terra's moveset to be utterly useless against this fucker.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

So how does this fight work with multiplayer? Does using the multiplayer restrict you to only partners on the same story? If you can use different characters, what does this boss do?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Trojan Kaiju posted:

So how does this fight work with multiplayer? Does using the multiplayer restrict you to only partners on the same story? If you can use different characters, what does this boss do?

My guess would be that he changes techniques using his chain grabbing move, so if he grabs Terra he goes into Critical Impact and uses the meteor super move.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

:siren: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :siren:

WOW, THAT WAS QUICK!

I guess I was just on a roll from that last boss, and had to steamroll right through the last one. This guy:

Should look familiar to fans of KHII.

Bonus Boss the Fourth YouTube Dailymotion

And with that, this LP is finally complete! I already went and updated the second post with links to all the Dailymotion mirrors of the videos. In addition, I put them into playlists on both Dailymotion and YouTube. If that isn't 100%, I don't know what is. Thank you to everyone who stuck with me until the end. I hope you guys enjoyed watching this LP as much as I enjoyed making it!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm a fan of KH2! And I recognize that thing! But what does it mean in the grand scheme of things?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It means that the real magic of Keyblades lies in allowing you to move in that armour without hurting yourself.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Has it seriously been 2 years? Man that's insane. It's been a crazy ride though, and a great LP.

I liked these last 2 bosses. They actually kinda play fair and are a bit more involved like the Lingering Sentiment from KH2, who's probably the best bonus boss in the series. Meanwhile Mysterious Figure and Vanitas are just dicks that force you to play by their rules and mash the dodge button the entire fight. Being able to actually block, attack and play somewhat normally really adds to these fights.

Is No Heart considerably different with Ventus and Terra?

Anyway, thanks for all the great content and good luck with whatever you do in the future.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

HGH posted:

Has it seriously been 2 years? Man that's insane. It's been a crazy ride though, and a great LP.

I liked these last 2 bosses. They actually kinda play fair and are a bit more involved like the Lingering Sentiment from KH2, who's probably the best bonus boss in the series. Meanwhile Mysterious Figure and Vanitas are just dicks that force you to play by their rules and mash the dodge button the entire fight. Being able to actually block, attack and play somewhat normally really adds to these fights.

Is No Heart considerably different with Ventus and Terra?

Anyway, thanks for all the great content and good luck with whatever you do in the future.

I definitely have to agree with this. Mysterious Figure and Vanitas weren't really that fun to fight - it was more like a chore than anything else and you basically had to abuse the mechanics to succeed, and you'd quickly find yourself dead if you fought them in the same way as anything else in the game. The two master armors, though? They played fair with rules similar to yours and were actually really fun to fight, sorta reminding me of fights such as Vergil 3 and Azel in God Hand.

Its been a great ride, Bobman, and I'm really glad you've finally finished this.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm sorry, but the best boss in the series is Roxas or Lexaeus. Tons of fun.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Good job, Bobman! It's been a long road, but you made it!

Personally I'd like to see you tackle Kingdom Hearts 2 next. You know you wanna.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

When 2.5 Remix comes out of course. For all those bosses otherwise not in the international release and all.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Thanks for the show-off, Bobman. I felt like I was looking at what might have been, like, the Eraqus fight and the end boss, in another time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
One detail I just noticed- all the Keyblade wielders have pieces of their armor in their normal states..all but Xehanort, that is. I'm sure there will be some reason for his exempt status made up at the last minute of KH3 development and I will probably eat it up like sea salt real, non-salted ice cream.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You have not tasted real non-salted ice cream. There is no such thing as real non-salted ice cream. You have but tasted the illusion of ice cream, that painfully vanilla substance that is non salted, nay, non sea-salted ice cream. The purest flavor of love is Flava Flav, but the next purest is sea salt ice cream. And how do you know the flavor of the sea? You may as well ask a babe why he laughs, or what the feeling of a lonely heart is that beats in the chest of a basement lurker at age 31. You merely know, with all the intensity of existing. Mansex is a treatise on the innate fallacy of zen, for to not exist is to not taste sea-salt ice cream. Note that all the characters that return to their true selves have partaken in sea-salt ice cream. Xehanort has irreparably broken himself, segued himself from life's natural flow of light in search of the total eclipse of the heart, and so cannot ever truly exist ever again, even though he may have reformed. Sea-salt ice cream is not only the way, it is the indicator of true life.

Also Xehanort's armor piece is totes his codpiece. All keyblade masters when they come of age learn that your greatest weakness is your inner thigh region, and so all in that area must be protected like a brick fortress made of sea-salt ice cream.

Also when Xehanort goes back to being a whole being, is he going to be young hotness Terra or old and busted master? I'd like for Terra to get thrown into the rift myself.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

C-Euro posted:

One detail I just noticed- all the Keyblade wielders have pieces of their armor in their normal states..all but Xehanort, that is. I'm sure there will be some reason for his exempt status made up at the last minute of KH3 development and I will probably eat it up like sea salt real, non-salted ice cream.

I thought that was explained as part of the story? They wear the armor to protect them from the darkness when they travel between worlds, but Xehanort didn't wear his armor while he traveled so now he's evil or something.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Nah, he was evil-lite before then. He took off his armor because he wanted the darkness inside him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Thank you so much for posting this Let's Play OP... I have often wondered what it would be like if Mickey Mouse was in a dark and gritty anime world, and now, THANKS TO YOU.... I know. Your execution of this Let's Play was flawless, and you have my word that before I descend into the inextricable depths of hell (I am a ghost you see), I will be watching for any other Let's Play's that you, the OP, may post.

This post brought to you by a ghost.

• Locked thread