Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
People get mad when anything about something they like is changed, the HD collection is just fine since the patches that fixed the major bugs. The voice acting in the original games was bad, but in a way that people were fond of. The HD collection has actual voice actors, and is definitely better acted but some people think that this makes it lose its charm. Really, though, you won't miss out on anything major by playing the HD collection first, but if you're already a fan and own the games there's really no reason to buy or play the HD collection.

Also Troy Baker is great :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

People get mad when anything about something they like is changed, the HD collection is just fine since the patches that fixed the major bugs. The voice acting in the original games was bad, but in a way that people were fond of. The HD collection has actual voice actors, and is definitely better acted but some people think that this makes it lose its charm. Really, though, you won't miss out on anything major by playing the HD collection first, but if you're already a fan and own the games there's really no reason to buy or play the HD collection.

Also Troy Baker is great :colbert:

The patch got canceled on the 360 version because they couldn't fix the bugs. The pyramid head hallway in Silent Hill 2 is still sometimes unwinnable because James' movement speed is tied to the framerate, which tanks at that moment seemingly at random and therefore causes him to slow down, which causes Maria to slow down, and so on.

I will concede that the non-bug stuff is subjective, but I will say this: If you have the capability to play the originals (SH2 and 3 are both on PC and have 1080p fixes!) please do not play the Silent Hill HD Collection instead.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 27, 2014

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
I really enjoyed the LP despite being a big silent hill fan! Looking forward to you guys playing SH4. I personally think it's the scariest, followed closely by 3.

• Locked thread