Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I just unlocked Gate of the Gods and it's so fuckin cool. I've got like 30 new boss fight puzzles to solve, and it opens up some really fun new team building options. I love the restriction of only getting to use one Avatar creature, but then getting to go extra deep on powering it up.

I decided to go with a generic support Surathli with Endurance Aura in the second slot. I figure she'll occupy the healer slot in pretty much any team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

My resurrect-heavy team is good but still not doing enough DPS so I added in more fear-centric creatures (just because of mothman honestly) and I may not be meta, but my lord the synergy is silly. All of my enemies are afraid and can't get buffs, if we die we come back, everyone is casting all the time (because if they die they cast at random) and there's stats up and other silliness. :getin:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

My resurrect-heavy team is good but still not doing enough DPS so I added in more fear-centric creatures (just because of mothman honestly) and I may not be meta, but my lord the synergy is silly. All of my enemies are afraid and can't get buffs, if we die we come back, everyone is casting all the time (because if they die they cast at random) and there's stats up and other silliness. :getin:

What's your party? I just recently started playing this again after the Steam thread mentioned it.

I'm playing an Inquisitor, current party comp is built around feeding 1 guy Stats when allies die, and provoking my creatures to death [hopefully resurrecting after they die]. It's mostly pretty fun at early levels (I only just unlocked Realm Instability, so I'm very early game) but it sort of falls apart if/when my guys stop Reviving.

I need to at least get all the different Gem materials to make a bunch of Class-Swapped Resurrect spell for all my party, and probably find more Maniacs / better "on Provoke" trigger stuff :thunk:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Sab669 posted:

What's your party? I just recently started playing this again after the Steam thread mentioned it.

I'm playing an Inquisitor, current party comp is built around feeding 1 guy Stats when allies die, and provoking my creatures to death [hopefully resurrecting after they die]. It's mostly pretty fun at early levels (I only just unlocked Realm Instability, so I'm very early game) but it sort of falls apart if/when my guys stop Reviving.

I need to at least get all the different Gem materials to make a bunch of Class-Swapped Resurrect spell for all my party, and probably find more Maniacs / better "on Provoke" trigger stuff :thunk:

Here's my party! It isn't meta but it's FUN

I should probably swap out the Bhasa Cherub but he's so cute...

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

If it's possible, can we add this link to the OP?

https://berated-bert.github.io/siralim-planner/

In game, if you go to Options --> Export Data to Clipboard, you can then paste in the text into that site ("Upload Party" in the top right) and it makes a super easy to consume list without having to type out / screenshot all your dudes and their Fused traits :v:

https://berated-bert.github.io/sira..._&s=IN&r=______

That's what I'm running right now.
My Centaur Ranger and Hemlock Ent are 10000% un-optimized around this party.
I like my Maniac Mutant + Igneous Ossein + Bhasa Cherub

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Did I post Top Hat Dog in here?

thank you Top Hat Dog

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I lost my old save so I started from scratch with a necromancer for the first time, its fun how much you can start steamrolling just through sheer minion volume. I did a very bad fusion by accident without taking personality into account that hosed up my tank really bad, but the minions from the rest of the setup are so effective that I'm still steamrolling without feeling the need to replace it just yet

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

gay devil posted:

I lost my old save so I started from scratch with a necromancer for the first time, its fun how much you can start steamrolling just through sheer minion volume. I did a very bad fusion by accident without taking personality into account that hosed up my tank really bad, but the minions from the rest of the setup are so effective that I'm still steamrolling without feeling the need to replace it just yet

Yeah I'm doing necromancer for the second time, it's really easy IMO. Once you get that little blue blob guy who every time he gets a minion, he gives it to all your other folk, it gets silly and hilarious.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
If you didn't know, you can change your creatures' personalities but it's a little hidden. It's the Tomes under the "items -> field items" menu. I already had a bunch by the time I realized they were there.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah thanks; I knew there was a way from the last time I played but I couldn't recall where it was

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Edly posted:

If you didn't know, you can change your creatures' personalities but it's a little hidden. It's the Tomes under the "items -> field items" menu. I already had a bunch by the time I realized they were there.

Oh my god

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
You can unlock repeatable projects that give you tons of those personality-change items too. The RNG is yours to command! :black101:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Does anyone know if Resurrecting with X% counts as receiving Healing? I'm guessing not. Like for example:

> After this creature dies, it has a 50% chance to resurrect all allies with 50% Health.

Would being resurrected at 50% HP count towards the Inquisitor's Censure class perk:

> Your creatures deal additional damage equal to X% of the healing they've received in the current battle.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Sab669 posted:

Does anyone know if Resurrecting with X% counts as receiving Healing? I'm guessing not. Like for example:

> After this creature dies, it has a 50% chance to resurrect all allies with 50% Health.

Would being resurrected at 50% HP count towards the Inquisitor's Censure class perk:

> Your creatures deal additional damage equal to X% of the healing they've received in the current battle.

Some testing with the perk in question and a massively overleveled Asclepias Fae, using Ritual of Summoning to kill and revive itself repeatedly, suggests that it does not. I think it works similar to Divinity where it just sets the health directly instead of healing up to it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Thanks for testing it for me :) That was my suspicion, but y'never know how they write the code so I wasn't sure.

Incidentally I've swapped over to the Graveborn specialization and it's absurdly fun. My Party is now 4/6 Wights, a Maniac, and some Centaur thing that I need to replace with another Wight that all just get bigger by Provoking themselves to death and then attacking a bunch when they stand back up. Very fun build, except for the "Misery" Nemesis creatures which prevent me from gaining stats :ohdear:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Mega64 posted:

The main story is the game's tutorial.
Just finished the tutorial with an admittedly plain all-Hunter tribalist, and I'm not sure where to proceed from here.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 22, 2024

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
The game opens up a good amount after that and you can sort of pursue your own goals, but there's plenty more to do:

• You unlock access to Relics, which are items associated with each of the gods, that provide powerful mechanical benefits and stat buffs. You level up and unlock relics using a currency called Piety, which you earn from completing Prophecies (a bingo card of random mini quests) and from filling the Goblet of Trials (a new thing that fills as you use one of three random specializations).
  • You'll also get new Projects to unlock the remaining specializations and Realms/Gods that are worth filling out.
  • From now on, whenever you explore your highest Realm Depth, you'll encounter a Rodian Creature Master, an optional NPC fight specializing in creatures of one specific race (chosen from the ones that inhabit the current realm). Beating them gets you a special trait material that rewards you for making your team all or mostly that race of creature, and boosts your effectiveness with and against that creature by 1% globally.
  • Every 5 realm depths after you finish the story you'll fight a Nether Boss, which are powerful "rematch" variations of the main story bosses you fought before with stronger gimmicks. You can look up a complete list and what they all do in the Game Information section of the Codex. Fighting Nether Bosses gets you access to unique trait materials themed after that boss's gimmick through the Nethermancer NPC you can add at your castle.
  • Continuing to push the level of favor for each god unlocks an exclusive race of creatures from their shop, exclusive spells, and eventually (at rank 20) that god's Godspawn, which you need a project and 50 emblems to make. They come with powerful and unique traits that make for fun teambuilding ideas.
  • Beating every Nether Boss once, which you will do around Realm 240, unlocks the Gate of the Gods, in which you can use keys dropped by the Nether Bosses to challenge each of the gods to combat. Defeating them earns mana you can use to summon their Avatar; Avatars have extremely potent traits and powerful Ultimate Spells but are limited to one per team. Also, defeating each god with a single specialization allows you to Ascend that specialization for one final perk and a cool costume.
  • There's supposedly even more to do after you do another round of Nether Bosses

As for what to do next... well, you can kind of do all of it just by continuing to play? Do projects and Prophecies passively by continuing to dive realms, while doing Nether Bosses and Masters at your highest depth. Grind out favor and emblems for whichever god piques your interest to buy their creatures, spells, and Godspawn. Buy and start leveling Relics, they can get absurdly strong. Build and refine new teams in other specializations so that you don't have to keep rerolling at the Goblet, or just for the fun of teambuilding. Eventually get access to the Gate and all the cool stuff you can do there.

If you get really bored you could always try to grind out the card collection or achievements for global passive benefits!

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Got back into this a bit after seeing people talk about it and I finally unlocked guilds, only ~140 hours in :toot:

Has anyone found a fun mime build? I filled the chalice easily enough getting curse synergy traits and forcing the enemy to attack each other, but it mostly just felt like value brand witch doctor. Not sure how to really take advantage of the defend/provoke copying.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Half price on Switch this week and now I own this game on every platform I can possibly own it on. Back on my bullshit and loving it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

uh oh it's on switch too?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I don't know if I ever redeemed my Switch code I got via Kickstarter :thunk:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm going to have to wait for the next sale, my video game budget for the month is reserved for total war warhammer and while I love siralim I think I can live with having it on only two devices and not three.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Out of Combat:

In Combat:

Love this game so goddamn much :v: That said, I need to find some better avenues for Stat Growth; I think 2/6 of my creatures are dead Wight weight. One makes it so everyone resurrects with more Max HP, the other Explodes for 30% of its HP when it dies. And the further I push this build, that seems like a very small amount of damage.

Not sure what else I could/should be mixing my Terror Wights with instead :thunk:

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Snake Maze posted:

Got back into this a bit after seeing people talk about it and I finally unlocked guilds, only ~140 hours in :toot:

I'm very fond of Siralim but this is my biggest complaint; the amount of grinding between finishing the main quest and unlocking Gate of the Gods is pretty significant, and then it's a bunch more on top to hit the next layer of mechanics. Plus the resource treadmills of course--I'd love to try and ascend more specializations, but then I math out how many floors I need to clear just to earn the keys to attempt it and it feels like a chore.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

King of Bleh posted:

I'm very fond of Siralim but this is my biggest complaint; the amount of grinding between finishing the main quest and unlocking Gate of the Gods is pretty significant, and then it's a bunch more on top to hit the next layer of mechanics. Plus the resource treadmills of course--I'd love to try and ascend more specializations, but then I math out how many floors I need to clear just to earn the keys to attempt it and it feels like a chore.

I find the game works best as a podcast or "i am waiting for something else" kinda game, where you work at it over the hours and days. Focusing on just the game alone provokes that chore feeling, but mixing it with other stuff and only giving it 100% attention when I'm testing new builds makes it near perfect.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah I find it to be a completely chill experience mostly because of how easy it is to get stupidly overpowered. I am not generally 'good' at these kinds of games but Siralim gives the information in ways I find very easy to parse and take in and think about. Probably because it involves collecting little guys. That's my favourite thing to do. I must get back into Disgaea.

Also on my Switch save (I don't take saves cross-platform, I kinda like starting over) I found a clown mask, and my mission is to find the right monster to wear it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I find the game works best as a podcast or "i am waiting for something else" kinda game, where you work at it over the hours and days. Focusing on just the game alone provokes that chore feeling, but mixing it with other stuff and only giving it 100% attention when I'm testing new builds makes it near perfect.

That's generally how I've been playing it, too.

Sneak in 1-5 realms during down time at work, usually with a podcast on in the background.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I'm looking into building a team with some stat-stacking nonsense. Can anyone offer a link/primer on how stat increases work? In particular, how would this trait:

quote:

Your creatures have 7% more Speed for each permanent Nature Spell Gem each of your creatures have equipped. Maximum of 3 Spell Gems per creature. This trait does not stack.
interact with:

quote:

As long as this creature hasn't gained or lost Speed, it has 200% more Speed and has Agile.
Is "having" more stats the same as "gaining" more?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I'm looking into building a team with some stat-stacking nonsense. Can anyone offer a link/primer on how stat increases work? In particular, how would this trait:

interact with:

AFAIK it should work OK. 'Gained or lost Speed' means it's watching for changes during a battle, and permanent nature gems don't change. I'm not 100% but I'm like, 95% sure.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, I'd be quite surprised if that 'broke' the combo.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Big Mad Drongo posted:

interact with:

Somewhere in the codex there's a big bullet list of "the order that everything happens in battle" which is imperfect but clarifies a lot of these ambiguities. In this case, I think that always-on effects like "your creatures have / are X" do not count as stat gains -- you should be able to confirm by the presence or absence of the agile buff though, I'd think.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Oh wow, I didn’t realize there was a Siralim Ultimate thread.

I finally Ascended my defiler class today after getting stomped by Muse literally 40 times. Now I’m back on the grind to the next major unlock.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Just posting to say I picked up this game too a few days ago and haven't hardly been able to put it down.

My only issue with it is the dungeon crawling aspect gets pretty dull after a while. I kinda wish there were macros for exploring, or an auto-explore feature. The roguelike Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup has a button you can press to make the player automatically zoom through the tunnels, stopping when they hit something interesting. If there was something like that here this would be amazing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Definitely turn on the auto-interact so you can just hit things with your face.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

zzMisc posted:

Just posting to say I picked up this game too a few days ago and haven't hardly been able to put it down.

My only issue with it is the dungeon crawling aspect gets pretty dull after a while. I kinda wish there were macros for exploring, or an auto-explore feature. The roguelike Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup has a button you can press to make the player automatically zoom through the tunnels, stopping when they hit something interesting. If there was something like that here this would be amazing.

This would be so nice. I wish they let you bid on QoL features in the backers shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The game probably isn't optimized enough for it to be possible but I would love some sort of instant battle feature that lets you skip normal fights entirely and just see the outcome assuming your guys did their macros/default actions. I like using whatever class the goblet gives me and building teams for every class, but by lategame and especially with high instability, anything other than a build that wins during turn 0 with minimum triggers just slows progress down to a complete crawl. It's especially bad on switch, there's some classes I have to wait and play on PC because otherwise a single floor takes 20+ minutes of waiting while turns play out.