Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah, not the best look. I fell back on my early game read on Anarc. I was really unhappy in my confessional after I voted Anarc right when I woke up and then realized the whole cop card thing (which is probably incorrect) and that I should have thought about it more and voted for sandwolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I just got up because I had work late last night. I want to take some time to do a deep dive on sand and hal. Give me a bit.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I feel like sandwolf is the scummier of the two overall.

##vote sandwolf

It is sticking in my craw mostly the way the db vote was handled on that day. Hal was pushing db before it was cool, sand voted db when it was apparent that it was the only choice.

I also noticed a few things surrounding when I said I was a space alien, like, the eagerness to try to turn that into a vote was a little too real. This kinda feels like scum sandwolf.

That mixed with the fact that sandwolf was jailed and there was not a kill all = scumwolf imo.

I gotta go with my gut.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Welp

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That’s a fun impasse. If Clo wins it here for herself I won’t be upset

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CapitalistPig posted:

I feel like sandwolf is the scummier of the two overall.

##vote sandwolf

It is sticking in my craw mostly the way the db vote was handled on that day. Hal was pushing db before it was cool, sand voted db when it was apparent that it was the only choice.

I also noticed a few things surrounding when I said I was a space alien, like, the eagerness to try to turn that into a vote was a little too real. This kinda feels like scum sandwolf.

That mixed with the fact that sandwolf was jailed and there was not a kill all = scumwolf imo.

I gotta go with my gut.

Space alien stuff:

Sandwolf posted:

Hello does anyone have any reads? I am actively pinged by CPig’s post, I am also confused and pinged by anyone voting Clo and maybe Clo themselves

Sandwolf posted:

Like if I had to pick three people, considering it’s literally only page 8, I’d probably go with you, shwinne, DB.

Sandwolf posted:

CPig’s post about being a space alien unironically pinged me

Sandwolf posted:

Eh no reason to keep this to myself, CPig is town.

I suppose he was banging that drum a good deal? All of that was before DB's flip though, and why would Scumwolf claim to have copped you and that you were town instead of going for the low-hanging fruit of

Shellception posted:

Dick Bastardly, SCUM-aligned Blood Sucking Alien was executed D3!

It is now N3! 24h for night actions!

CapitalistPig posted:

Hello friends you should all vote for me because I am a space alien

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Actually, did we know scum was called blood sucking aliens before DB flipped? I know I called them space vampires, because of the N0 kill flavor, but not aliens specifically. Scumwolf trying to pave the way for pushing CPig after the first scum got eliminated?

The cop makes no sense with that though.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I mean, okay, obviously scum wouldn't go "I copped CPig and he's scum", because that just means CPig gets eliminated, flips town, scum is next, so it doesn't help them win.

Any thoughts on the cop stuff, CPig?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I still kinda think Hal's scummier than Sand in general, but the DB vote stuff is suspicious.

##unvote for now

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Cloacamazing! posted:

Actually, did we know scum was called blood sucking aliens before DB flipped? I know I called them space vampires, because of the N0 kill flavor, but not aliens specifically. Scumwolf trying to pave the way for pushing CPig after the first scum got eliminated?

The cop makes no sense with that though.

Sandwolf was pushing that my arbitrary comment about being a space alien was pinging him BEFORE db flipped on day 2, db was lunched on day 3.

Which is why it stood out because at that time we didn't know the scum flavor so I'm thinking sand, as scum, knew the alien flavor and thought that there might be another team or 3p bad guy out there to push.

Hal's post history is mostly in line with how he always posts and nothing truly stuck out, I was suspicious at the start of the day today as I thought he had messed up by claiming he visited sand and there was no kill but since the jail was in play and all the night actions fit neatly into a little verifiable package we have to go on things like how the two acted in relation to the scum that has flipped.

Sand's activity surrounding the db execution was more suspicious than hal's so that's what I'm going on.

Cop stuff is a null tell really. Scum can easily fake a town result.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My role pm saying like “Ey just a normal space man” and then seeing CPig jokingly flavor claim what I figured was the scum role actively pinged me, yeah. I copped CPig because I wanted to be sure they weren’t. But Hal has been scummy since DB died and they’ve had to be playing a lot more actively than I think they do when they are town. You could probably compare the bodyguard endgame that just happened and him here and see differences in the play. I’m not gonna do it, but one could.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Obviously, but why fake it on the player he's been trying to push, right after that push would become valid through DB's elimination? To get you on his side?

Sleeping now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

My role pm saying like “Ey just a normal space man” and then seeing CPig jokingly flavor claim what I figured was the scum role actively pinged me, yeah. I copped CPig because I wanted to be sure they weren’t. But Hal has been scummy since DB died and they’ve had to be playing a lot more actively than I think they do when they are town. You could probably compare the bodyguard endgame that just happened and him here and see differences in the play. I’m not gonna do it, but one could.

Counterpoint, what have I done that was so scummy since DB died other than vote for AN along with everyone else who is alive. It's not like you've been any better and that goes back to before DB died.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also trying to make a case based around how active I am, especially to say that it's worse that I am more active, is some pretty weak poo poo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I could see how the space alien thing could ping someone with "you're a normal guy" PM, I didn't notice it at the time myself but I can see it, but then I can also see the point Cpig is making. Seems a bit null

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hrm yeah ##vote Sandwolf I won't feel too terrible if it turns out to be Clo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Also trying to make a case based around how active I am, especially to say that it's worse that I am more active, is some pretty weak poo poo

It’s not meant to be a comment on your activity so much as your tone. You just feel like, I dunno, really invested in this and sorta, I dunno, intense, which is also valid and fine, but is not the tone I usually get from you. That’s all I’m saying, I’m not tryna be a dick, sorry

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

It’s not meant to be a comment on your activity so much as your tone. You just feel like, I dunno, really invested in this and sorta, I dunno, intense, which is also valid and fine, but is not the tone I usually get from you. That’s all I’m saying, I’m not tryna be a dick, sorry

Oh no, sorry it's probably me letting real life stress bleeding over and coming off as more irritated or whatever, we are all good, say what you want, nothing but fun here (ok sometimes frustration but in a generalized way)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I feel like I am super tense late game regardless of my alignment, probably mafia is taking years off my life

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

I feel like I am super tense late game regardless of my alignment, probably mafia is taking years off my life

And yet you don’t look a day over 34

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##play card

G2 - Be one of the top three posters today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##play card

I gotta use these up!

Furthermore…

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Furthermore,

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Does it count as ending the post of it’s also starting it?

additionally,

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Hal Insandenza posted:

##play card

G2 - Be one of the top three posters today

Well, that should be an easy goal for all of us.

Okay, so you guys are set on Sand? I at least trust that CPig is not acting on ulterior motives there.

Furthermore...

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Alright then.

Hal, you better not be scum, or else I'm turboing you the next game I see you!

##vote Sandwolf

Furthermore...

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: There was a Sandwolf here. They're gone now.

Votecount for Day 5

Sandwolf (3): CapitalistPig, Hal Insandenza, Cloacamazing!
Hal Insandenza (1): Cloacamazing!, Sandwolf, Cloacamazing!

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 24th, 2023 at 2 p.m. CST -- that's in about 13 hours, 40 minutes.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Sandwolf (3): CapitalistPig, Hal Insandenza, Cloacamazing!
Hal Insandenza (1): Cloacamazing!, Sandwolf, Cloacamazing!

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 24th, 2023 at 2 p.m. CST -- that's in about 13 hours, 40 minutes.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Sandwolf, TOWN-aligned Just a Standard Crewmate, has died D5.

It is now Night 5! 24h for night actions!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 24, 2023

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
No one died N5!

It is now Day 6!

Active rule:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): CapitalistPig, Cloacamazing!, Hal Insandenza

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry, I was playing a video game all night and when I came back sand had been hammered.

I should have unvoted before I started playing.

So , I think it pretty much has to be hal right?

I mean maybe I'm putting on my paranoia hat now but could it be clo?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
If anyone has actions to share please do. I didn't have anything to do last night.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Me neither. All I have are a bunch of goal cards.

Agreed that it has to be Hal. Should have gone with my gut before.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Pffffff.... Okay, Sand flipped town, so his cop claim has to have been true. So CPig is town. So Hal is scum. It's that easy, right?

##vote Hal

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I wanna wait to see what hal has to say because now I'm getting paranoid about you clo.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Fair enough, good night then!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I used my doc on cpig

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Sorry, I was playing a video game all night and when I came back sand had been hammered.

I should have unvoted before I started playing.

So , I think it pretty much has to be hal right?

I mean maybe I'm putting on my paranoia hat now but could it be clo?

I presume it has to be Clo. Why couldn’t it be Clo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess there is a world where cpig busdrove himself with someone the night sand investigated him and then didn’t actually busdrive himself the night I investigated sand but that’s too much to believe

Plus why would he not have killed someone last night

Ok ##vote Clo

She was pretty fine hammering Sandwolf yesterday despite seeming to be all on my case and not very interested in Sand until she voted him at the end, probably thinking she’d be able to win last night