Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think I heard the next one is a double release? Could be bullshit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Flytrap posted:

I think I heard the next one is a double release? Could be bullshit though.

The next one is 699 and 700. 700 will be full color.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

700 will probably be an extended chapter, maybe like 25-35 pages long.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
As someone who hasn't read a chapter of this in a long-rear end time, it feels so weird to see where the series has wound up after a strong start all those years ago, with neat little story arcs like the Haku/Zabuza one. What a drat shame.

At least the pain will be over soon!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Tonfa posted:

it actually owned, mecha-naruto defeats neji's spinning technique by running in a circle at 300 km/h

Edit:

This is the sorta stuff that makes me hopeful for Naruto GT. Imagine this level of ridiculousness except not restrained by being filler and therefor not having to be pointless. Imagine Orochimaru just makes loving robots of the coolest ninjas and attacks Konoha for a whole, proper arc.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I don't see the problem with leaving a phrase in the original Japanese and explaining its meaning when the phrase hasn't been used in well over 5 years, probably closer to 10 years. Guess I'm just crazy like that though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NowonSA posted:

I don't see the problem with leaving a phrase in the original Japanese and explaining its meaning when the phrase hasn't been used in well over 5 years, probably closer to 10 years. Guess I'm just crazy like that though.

It wasn't used in about 10 years in the Japanese either though, they could have just translated it in English than had a note saying it was the term Sasuke called Naruto when they were on Team 7 which would have done the same thing and would not have had a Japanese term in the middle of an english translation. It's even more egregious than 'Nakama' in One Piece because at least they've got the excuse of tradition (a terrible excuse but an excuse none the less), there was no reason for that to be left un-translated.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope Yamato makes it in the final chapter(s).

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

My dream of Sakura punching Sasuke in the face will never come true :cry:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

hiddenriverninja posted:

My dream of Sakura punching Sasuke in the face will never come true :cry:

Rock Lee's manga has it happen. Sakura mistakes the real Sasuke for someone using a transformation technique and punches him.

Unambiguous
Aug 17, 2012

oknope posted:

At this point, I hope someone other than Naruto and Sasuke ends up in the final chapters. There has been nothing to suggest that the final two chapters won't just be these two fucktards lying on the ground bleeding talking about how good of friends they are.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Don't really read Naruto, but it just dawned on me that that panel (and much of the chapter) is totally an homage to the end of Devilman.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That loving uppercut was badass with still enough power behind it to crater Sasuke into the wall! Also continuing the trend in all manga/anime that every character is just made of pure meat and no bones. :black101:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

oknope posted:

We have not heard a thing about that guy for 5 years straight.

And we never will. And we won't care.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Tonfa posted:

it actually owned, mecha-naruto defeats neji's spinning technique by running in a circle at 300 km/h

Edit:

:magical: Is he flying on mecha naruto? Orochimaru is still the best thing about this series.

Jiro posted:

That loving uppercut was badass with still enough power behind it to crater Sasuke into the wall! Also continuing the trend in all manga/anime that every character is just made of pure meat and no bones. :black101:

Meat is manly! :burger:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Grouchio posted:

He got kicked out of a tree like 30 chapters ago, and then he was sent right back inbecause Tsukiyomi or whatever its called.

I'm more interested if Anko is ever gonna be mentioned again, since she's Kishimoto's favourite character and all. (How the hell is she his favourite character?)

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm more interested if Anko is ever gonna be mentioned again, since she's Kishimoto's favourite character and all. (How the hell is she his favourite character?)

I thought his favourite character was always Sasuke.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oknope posted:

It'll be like the end of the Rock Lee anime and have him running his mouth until the screen fades.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

alkanphel posted:

I thought his favourite character was always Sasuke.

IIRC he never said that, just that Sasuke is his favorite to draw. Also that his least favorite to draw was Neji, because he kept getting the hair wrong - which really explains a lot.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010

Grouchio posted:

He was shown not too long ago. He was put into the Infinite Tsukuyomi.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Yamato#Final_Arc

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I thought his favourite character now was Killer Bee.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shikamaru's his favorite character and Anko's his favorite female character despite the fact she's barely loving existed.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
And Kakashi confirmed as Hokage in the movie. So that's a thing. I'm actually okay with it not being Naruto since 1. his actual goal was to be respected and 2. he's still a dumb-rear end who likely has trouble spelling his own name.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Beef Waifu posted:

Shikamaru's his favorite character and Anko's his favorite female character despite the fact she's barely loving existed.

Lol as opposed to any other female character.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Flytrap posted:

And Kakashi confirmed as Hokage in the movie. So that's a thing. I'm actually okay with it not being Naruto since 1. his actual goal was to be respected and 2. he's still a dumb-rear end who likely has trouble spelling his own name.

I have a feeling that the last chapter will be a flash-forward past the movie to Naruto's Hokaguration Day.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anko is the only female character with actual plot relevance and even she barely exists, gently caress this manga.

Flytrap posted:

And Kakashi confirmed as Hokage in the movie.

7 Hokages, oh boy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought he said Tenten was his favorite character.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have a feeling that the last chapter will be a flash-forward past the movie to Naruto's Hokaguration Day.

IF nothing else this thread has given us the term Hokaguration, and for that reason it is a good thread.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thought he said Tenten was his favorite character.

Who?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Her?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Quit acting so surprised about Kakashi being Hokage, Obito literally told him he was going to be the 6th hokage before Naruto would become one.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
More movie teasers

And two posts ago I was treating the Hyuuga plot takeover as a joke and laughing at Hiashi for getting excited because a scarf is flowing a certain way on a movie poster.

gently caress it. You win, Hiashi.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Triple Elation posted:

gently caress it. You win, Hiashi.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone give that /a/ poster a loving medal.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Scyantific posted:

Quit acting so surprised about Kakashi being Hokage, Obito literally told him he was going to be the 6th hokage before Naruto would become one.

Kakashi was also going to be the fifth Hokage if Tsunade declined, and he would have been the temp-Hokage for the summit and war, if Danzo hadn't interfered. Kakashi has been the second choice for Hokage for the entire series.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Kakashi was also going to be the fifth Hokage if Tsunade declined, and he would have been the temp-Hokage for the summit and war, if Danzo hadn't interfered. Kakashi has been the second choice for Hokage for the entire series.

One of my favorite things in the series was when they were all like 'ah poo poo, we need a hokage' and they're like, barely finished saying the words before the smartest dude in the village busts out 'I nominate Hatake Kakashi'

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
mods requesting name change to "Shin no Saishuu Keikaku"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Movie talks about a falling moon. I fully expect someone to pull a Piccolo and blow it up.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Naruto is also like 16, it would be stupid to make a literal child Hokage. He should go off and Jiraiya for a while then come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

KoB posted:

Naruto is also like 16, it would be stupid to make a literal child Hokage. He should go off and Jiraiya for a while then come back.

To be fair, Gaara was made Kazekage at about the same age and he hasn't slept since he was a kid.

• Locked thread