Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Pictured Allison in 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The clevin germ as seen under microscope.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
The night before all her doctors were killed really was years ago, though.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

...jesus christ it's getting worse

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Everything happens for a reason is the most Clevin thing I can think of

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Clevin wills it.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

everything happens for a clevin

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
As Clevin gets softer and rounder, Patrick gets harder and sharper. Soon they will reveal their true forms - Patrick is actually Cleaver, Clevin is actually the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Piell fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 1, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*Pats clevinly*

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Piell posted:

As Clevin gets softer and rounder, Patrick gets harder and sharper. Soon they will reveal their true forms - Patrick is actually Cleaver, Clevin is actually the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

He's just devolving into a goblin with each progressive panel he's in.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Calling it now, Patrick will say that Alison and him bang or something stupid. Clevin will brush his cheek making him turn into Clevin and then he will cry, and go make pasta. Alison will come back and asking where patrick is, and clevin will say he left.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hello... Clevin.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Hello... Clevin.

the most sinister two words in the English language

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Axe-man posted:

Calling it now, Patrick will say that Alison and him bang or something stupid. Clevin will brush his cheek making him turn into Clevin and then he will cry, and go make pasta. Alison will come back and asking where patrick is, and clevin will say he left.

I was waiting for the cucking subplot for ages.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

KaosMachina posted:

I like to think he's patting him on the foot in that middle panel. Otherwise where did his thumb go

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Hello... Clevin.

patrick sounds like Sebastian Gorka fyi

https://twitter.com/aidnmclaughlin/status/894945988137320448

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

The one thing I'm remotely interested in from this comic, Patrick messing with Clevin, they cut away from. Grah.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Depending on how milquetoast this may go, I might check out after a few more updates.

it was amusing to catch the ride of the comic going downhill fast and Goons slowly realizing it, but the clown show's gotta tell a few jokes to keep the thing rolling

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

So I guess on this page Alison explained to Clevin what happened while he was gone? That was...not conveyed well at all. All they had to do was have Clevin ask "What's going on?" when he comes back. Then we would naturally assume that Alison answered him in the cut away panel.

At least it's confirmed that Clevin is a soft boy parody and not meant to be taken seriously, because what the gently caress is he doing patting a complete stranger on the hand like a child.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 1, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

KaosMachina posted:

Panel 5, Menace's hair. Or rather, the flood fill in the back that didn't get erased in favor of the lazy gradient background. :allears:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

sweeperbravo posted:

I like to think he's patting him on the foot in that middle panel. Otherwise where did his thumb go

Seriously what the gently caress is up with that panel. Clevin has like tiny mouse paws.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Panel 5, Menace's hair. Or rather, the flood fill in the back that didn't get erased in favor of the lazy gradient background. :allears:

yikes

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

KaosMachina posted:

Remember how I said the last page had acceptable and human dialogue? Panel 4 kills that streak. Who opens up with the usual "I don't know what you're going thru" line with comforting hand pats to another guy? Who pats a complete strangers hand to console them after finding them passed out in their girlfriends apartment not moments after you left? Am I to believe that Clevin is so understanding and non confrontational and supportive that he'll just try and console some strange disheveled homeless looking guy who is lying on his girlfriend's bed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brought To You By posted:

Remember how I said the last page had acceptable and human dialogue? Panel 4 kills that streak. Who opens up with the usual "I don't know what you're going thru" line with comforting hand pats to another guy? Who pats a complete strangers hand to console them after finding them passed out in their girlfriends apartment not moments after you left? Am I to believe that Clevin is so understanding and non confrontational and supportive that he'll just try and console some strange disheveled homeless looking guy who is lying on his girlfriend's bed.

Yes, his first instinct when he saw a passed out stranger in his girlfriend's bed was to get a pack of ice and tend to him. Clevin is life.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Paladinus posted:

Yes, his first instinct when he saw a passed out stranger in his girlfriend's bed was to get a pack of ice and tend to him. Clevin is life.

Clevin will cure patricks brain bad poo poo and resolve all conflict. Then he will make tea and pasta and feral will eat with them.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i personally am an optimist and i believe any webcomic can be saved, which is why i'm looking forward to the insanely brutal and gory plot twist that awaits us

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

the old ceremony posted:

i personally am an optimist and i believe any webcomic can be saved, which is why i'm looking forward to the insanely brutal and gory plot twist that awaits us

That's an apt way to refer to Allison's impending miscarriage.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

That's an apt way to refer to Clevin's impending miscarriage.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The word balloon placement is real bad in panel 2 intersecting with Clevin's white shirt.

Also Patrick in this scene just seems like an entirely different character than in any scene beforehand.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

the old ceremony posted:

Some times the best way to save a web comic is to take it out back and shoot it. Or spend several years making a bad sprite comic instead.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Feral's hair is even more Clevin this page.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

Clevins origin story is having the biodynamic power of being extremely impressionable. When he was young someone unwittingly gave him the honest advice that you should always be mindful of other peoples feelings and experiences, not knowing what kind of monster this well-meaning act would end up unleashing....Cut to twenty years later, and here's Clevin who now begins a request to pass the salt at the dinner table with a four minute speech on how he acknowledges the passers right to self determination and that they totally have no obligation to perform the labor of handing him the salt shaker, it's just that if they do feel ready to give it to him he would appreciate and enjoy but really, it's no big deal, no pressure, it's all good either way.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/MollyOstertag/status/903353359544885248

vOv

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

lol

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
"Actually, being skilled and dedicated to your craft is bad."

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

OK, I laughed.

I know the thread has been burnt before (and often, we're toast), but there's a chance that the milquetoast gets murdered in all this. Hope can be alive.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Too bad there is not middle ground at all between "overly detailed" and "using the same gradient every panel."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

loving lmao.

It would still be controversial, but coming from someone capable of drawing distinctive and memorable characters, it would have been at least somewhat understandable.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hey backgrounds would take away from the main character: Clevin.

• Locked thread