Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Traded Tom Brady and Jordy Nelson for Le'veon Bell. Tell me how much I overpaid while I worry about trotting out Dak Prescott..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Traded Tom Brady and Jordy Nelson for Le'veon Bell. Tell me how much I overpaid while I worry about trotting out Dak Prescott..

What does your team look like after? I wouldn't say that's an overpay though you may just want to stream qbs instead of relying on Dak.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Yah that's definitely not an overpay, it just depends on where it leaves your WRs. Streaming QBs isn't the worst, who is on waivers?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Scruffy the janitor posted:

What does your team look like after? I wouldn't say that's an overpay though you may just want to stream qbs instead of relying on Dak.

12 team Standard scoring:

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Le'Veon Bell; Jordan Howard; Devonta Freeman; Tevin Coleman; Jonathan Stewart; Wendall Smallwood; Bilaal Powell
WR: Antonio Brown; Kelvin Benjamin; Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Hunter Henry; Zach Miller
Streaming Defense: Currently Baltimore

I was weak on RB when Stewart went down so I loaded up on lottery tickets and grabbed Sanders after some idiot dropped him after week one and ended up with 4 WR I liked when I couldonly start 3 at most. Quarterbacks are super-scarce so I'd be looking at Osweiler or Hoyer this week. I've been pretty happy with Prescott so far for consistent, if not spectacular production and I'll probably grab Romo off waivers next week if none of my latter-day lottery tickets pan out this week.

Edit: I'm 4-1 and playing for first place this week and am projected ahead. I think that my RB stashes will pay off for a better QB or Defense as we get deeper into the bye weeks.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 8, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My opponent is a Cam-haver and Bortles is on the wire, I don't really have anyone on my team I want to drop to snap him up though

Thoughts?

I'm thinking probably Henry?

e: lol forgot Bortles is on a bye

Cousins, Dalton, Tannehill, Hoyer and Bradford are all on the wire, should I bother trying to deny him of any of them?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 8, 2016

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Brockenstein posted:

My opponent is a Cam-haver and Bortles is on the wire, I don't really have anyone on my team I want to drop to snap him up though

Thoughts?

Isn't Bortles on bye this week? I assume you're trying to kill the QB market because I would rather have Big Ben and Matt Ryan over Bortles on his best day. I wouldn't bother because he could always just grab Derek Anderson in desperation.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Why are you worried about your opponent picking up a quarter back on bye to replace his injured cam?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I only knew Bortles was a FA because I dropped him for Matt Ryan, noticed the bye when I went to see what other QBs were also available :downs:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I was just thinking God I wish you were in my league so I could trade you for Ryan and now I want to play in a massive league that repeats rosters so I could end up with two copies of the same player.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess I could be a dick and just roster churn every QB who is actually likely to play :v:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

That is the kind of dick move that I highly endorse.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Trading Latavius Murray and Charles Sims for Allen Robinson last week might have been one of the luckiest breaks I've ever gotten in fantasy.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

lol I'm starting Fozzy Whitaker and Bilal Powell as my RBs this week in one league. I drafted L Murray, Langford, Rawls, Jennings

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Even excluding the injuries that trade is pure higway robbery

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Show of hands, who's actually starting Gronk this week?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Even excluding the injuries that trade is pure higway robbery
His RB core was down to Miller and Dwill. I saw my opportunity and took it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was deep at WR and shallow at RB so I traded Kelvin Benjamin for Shady, my friends said I was getting ripped off but who's laughing now :grin:

(of course, Culter immediately got injured so Alshon isn't worth what he was)

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Inspector 34 posted:

So I completely bungled the draft this year with a no RB strategy executed far too literally and ended up with a pretty mediocre team that's been made absolutely miserable through injuries and unforeseeable issues (WTF Ivory?). But after some WW additions and a couple of trades I've turned this:

Bortles
Deangello, Forsett, Ivory, Javorious, Alfred, CJ2K
Dez, BMarsh, Keenan, Shephard, Aiken, Stills
Reed

into this:

Wentz, Bortles
Gio, Rawls, Deangello, CAP, Ivory
BMarsh, Dez, Enunwa, Tate, Wallace
Eifert, Brate

I still have Forsett and CJ2K since I didn't realize they would be locked on my roster when I designated them as drops. That trade doesn't process until Tuesday morning unfortunately. Next time I need to make sure and make obvious drops before messing around with trades, this really screwed me on the WW this week since one or two pick ups were blocked with Forsett and Johnson locked up.

This week is going to be pretty rough with injuries and bye weeks, but I'm a lot more hopeful for the rest of the season than I was a week ago. I think if I can bolster my RB's further then I might even be able to make the playoffs. Hoping Brate has a huge week so I can get some value for him once Eifert is healthy.

Quoting for context

Arian Foster just showed up on the WW, should I drop Golden Tate for him? Tried to get the commish to push my trade through so Forsett and CJ2K would finally drop from my roster and he said no so I have to wait all the way through the next WW period for those roster spots to open up.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Vargo posted:

Show of hands, who's actually starting Gronk this week?

I will be

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I've been trying to trade with the AB84 owner all week and I think he hasn't gotten the message because the NFLs lovely fantasy app doesn't, afaict, have trade notifications. :psyboom:

Either that or he's totally fine starting Sproles and Ajayi as his RBs this week and for the foreseeable future (and can't even be bothered to reject the trade). Good luck with that bud.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Thanks to injuries/byes, I have exactly one startable RB this week.

Crowell vs. NE
Sims - Doubtful
Jennings - Probably sitting
Charles - Bye
Rawls - Bye/Dead/IR

Somehow I'm 4-0 still, but I need an RB. Best available are:
CA-P vs TB
Fozzy vs TB
Darkwa @ GB
Rainey @ GB
Asiata vs Hou
J. Richard vs SD

I'm thinking Fozzy just based on PPR, but any opinions? :smithicide:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rick Grimes posted:

Thanks to injuries/byes, I have exactly one startable RB this week.

Crowell vs. NE
Sims - Doubtful
Jennings - Probably sitting
Charles - Bye
Rawls - Bye/Dead/IR

Somehow I'm 4-0 still, but I need an RB. Best available are:
CA-P vs TB
Fozzy vs TB
Darkwa @ GB
Rainey @ GB
Asiata vs Hou
J. Richard vs SD

I'm thinking Fozzy just based on PPR, but any opinions? :smithicide:

CAP. He's the starter.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I've been trying to trade with the AB84 owner all week and I think he hasn't gotten the message because the NFLs lovely fantasy app doesn't, afaict, have trade notifications. :psyboom:

I discovered this week that while you can see a little flag notification thingy in the top right when you're on the main League page, there's nothing when you're looking at your own roster page! And yeah, no actual push notifications by default, although you can go to the Alerts menu and turn on some type of email notifications.

e. This is all on the website, I found the NFL app to be more or less unusable.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Are people feeling the Jacquizz hype this week? Considering him in my flex spot over a handful of WRs.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Vargo posted:

Are people feeling the Jacquizz hype this week? Considering him in my flex spot over a handful of WRs.

Depends on the WRs.

E: I'm not liking his chances against CAR's run D. I would prefer Beasleys/Enunwas

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 9, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Drop Ivory for Kerley in a full PPR league?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Is it worth hanging onto Rawls to see how he does when he comes back? Currently 2-2 in standard, and I'm sitting pretty with my starters, but I really need to add some depth at RB to prepare for the coming weeks.

RBs: David Johnson, CJ Anderson, CMike, Rawls
WRs: AJ Green, Allen Robinson, Evans, Alshon, Maclin, Michael Thomas

Doug Martin and Jonathan Stewart are both on WW, and Jstew looks like he'll be returning the earliest. Nobody in my league is particularly WR-needy, so a trade is unlikely right now.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Doppelganger posted:

Is it worth hanging onto Rawls to see how he does when he comes back? Currently 2-2 in standard, and I'm sitting pretty with my starters, but I really need to add some depth at RB to prepare for the coming weeks.

RBs: David Johnson, CJ Anderson, CMike, Rawls
WRs: AJ Green, Allen Robinson, Evans, Alshon, Maclin, Michael Thomas

Doug Martin and Jonathan Stewart are both on WW, and Jstew looks like he'll be returning the earliest. Nobody in my league is particularly WR-needy, so a trade is unlikely right now.

I'd drop Rawls for Doug Martin and Thomas for JStew if you want him too.

At this point i don't see Rawls coming back to a workhorse roll, at best i would think they form a committee.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 9, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

I'd drop Rawls for Doug Martin and Thomas for JStew if you want him too.

Yeah this.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Drop Ivory for Kerley in a full PPR league?

I would argue no.

There's a lot of uncertainty about which quarterback will start next week, and no certainty at all about ROS. As in, Kaep, or even Christian Ponder. We don't know if Kerley hogs all the targets with a different QB.

He's still worth picking up, mind you, if you're looking for a lottery ticket. But next week despite the long break, they're facing the Bills in Buffalo and I assume they will lose badly. If they lose badly with Blaine Gabbert at the helm, probably Kerley still gets volume, and that's a possibility.

Whereas Chris Ivory seems to be slowly losing snaps to T.J. Yeldon, but he still gets the goal line looks and that makes him Flex startable, especially given how many horrible RB injuries we've seen so far. I think if you're looking to dump Ivory, you can probably trade him to someone who needs help at RB, and get a wideout with a better situation than Kerley.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Suave Fedora posted:

Depends on the WRs.

E: I'm not liking his chances against CAR's run D. I would prefer Beasleys/Enunwas

My WR options are Sterling Shepard or Tyrell Williams (or Anquon Boldin), I just didn't want to make a sneak sit-or-start post. (Which I guess I did anyway.)

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Vargo posted:

My WR options are Sterling Shepard or Tyrell Williams (or Anquon Boldin), I just didn't want to make a sneak sit-or-start post. (Which I guess I did anyway.)

Gotcha. I lump Tyrell into that bunch I listed earlier. No ppr, Jaquizz is fine. Otherwise; Tyrell.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Do any of you goons ever check out the help threads on Sleeperbot?

The amount of bad advice given on their my god.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Varg posted:

lol I'm starting Fozzy Whitaker and Bilal Powell as my RBs this week in one league. I drafted L Murray, Langford, Rawls, Jennings

I feel like you kinda deserved it taking two so-so starters and a Giants RB. I feel for you on the Rawls pick tho. This was the one year I didn't gently caress with Christine Michael too.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm sitting DeAndre Hopkins for Terelle Pryor and this seems to be the right decision somehow.

:shepicide:

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
A guy in my league, the worst fantasy player I have ever known, dropped Russel Wilson and Brandin Cooks. I picked up both, but dropped my kicker for Wilson and now need to pick someone to drop for a new kicker. My team looks like this:

QB: Wentz, Wilson
RB: Bell, Miller, Charles, Foster, Howard
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Benjamin, Landry, Maclin, Cooks
TE: Graham, Ertz
K: None
DEF: Rams.

I'm leaning toward dropping Foster since he might just pull his groin every game he plays in for the rest of his career. Also the guy also dropped Decker, should I drop anyone to pick him up?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I'm not giving sleeperbot my espn password. Do they have a way to sync given the league URL the way fantasypros does?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

DeliciousMonster posted:

A guy in my league, the worst fantasy player I have ever known, dropped Russel Wilson and Brandin Cooks. I picked up both, but dropped my kicker for Wilson and now need to pick someone to drop for a new kicker. My team looks like this:

QB: Wentz, Wilson
RB: Bell, Miller, Charles, Foster, Howard
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Benjamin, Landry, Maclin, Cooks
TE: Graham, Ertz
K: None
DEF: Rams.

I'm leaning toward dropping Foster since he might just pull his groin every game he plays in for the rest of his career. Also the guy also dropped Decker, should I drop anyone to pick him up?

no waivers?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Drop macklin and foster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!

TommyGun85 posted:

no waivers?

There were waivers, but they processed this morning. I picked up and dropped five kickers so no one else would see that they were available.

• Locked thread