Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Distracted
Jun 9, 2010

@Distracted_SA

Guild invite for NA please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jedit posted:

I have no interest in PVP and a Cyrodiil Treasure Map VI. How do I get my loot?

You look it up on the internet and go there. Depending on the location you'll either see nobody or get ganked eighty times. No PvP required, but it will likely find its way to you.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Jedit posted:

I have no interest in PVP and a Cyrodiil Treasure Map VI. How do I get my loot?

Suck it up and go to Cyrodiil.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Could just sell the map to someone else.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cyrodiil maps are poo poo anyway so just trash it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Scyantific posted:

Cyrodiil maps are poo poo anyway so just trash it.

I got a couple pieces of Cyrodiil's Ward and a dagger motif when I was clearing out my treasure maps earlier. Not always bad :shrug:

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice

Coldforge posted:

I got a couple pieces of Cyrodiil's Ward and a dagger motif when I was clearing out my treasure maps earlier. Not always bad :shrug:

Are treasure map items determined by your level when you open them or when you received the map? Talk online seems to indicate they are tied to the level you open them at, but that was on some random forum ESO forum post.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Dreissi posted:

Are treasure map items determined by your level when you open them or when you received the map? Talk online seems to indicate they are tied to the level you open them at, but that was on some random forum ESO forum post.

Open; it’s the same for most loot containers from open world chests, dailies and quests (and events like the current one).

If you open a chest and leave stuff in it, the next person to loot it will see gear at your level.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 6, 2018

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Can I please have an invite for NA?
@fappenmeister

Thanks

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

fappenmeister posted:

Can I please have an invite for NA?
@fappenmeister

Thanks

Got you.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Thank you!

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
ESO is going to be free for the weekend starting thursday for anyone that might want to try it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Are you bored? Need a place to do some quick crafting followed by aimless exploration?

Come help me beta test my Aldmeri Grotto version 0.8

You'll find a deck with assistants and crafting stations!

Well appointed crew quarters!

Undead Argonians!

Places to dine and socialize!

Places to sit and contemplate!

Sumptuous captain's quarters!

Illicit activities!

Nature!

More nature!

Lots of waterfalls and tapestries!

Heads on walls!

And slightly hidden things, like:

A place to get away from all the elfiness!

Stairs that lead...somewhere!

A glowing something!

A neighboring archipelago!

And many (some) more! Feel free to pop in and poke around, please tell me if anything looks horrible or gets you stuck (or if a jump is too hard), and let me know how many nooks and crannies you find. If you get lost, maps are provided by pressing the normal key.

@Coldforge's primary residence, from the guild list. We are not liable for the ritual sacrifice or dismemberment of visitors. Slaughterfish attacks are the responsibility of the injured party. Products or goods created on crafting stations are the property of Aldmeri Grotto, LLC. Visiting Aldmeri Grotto grants you no legal standing or implied rights.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 8, 2018

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Screw your boat. Come to my house. Come alone. No cops.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Im always weary when someone invites me out on their boat... because of the implication

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I promise there are no secret altars to dark gods, sacrificial blades, or cunningly placed murder pits with easy access to the sea on the ship, so you have no reason to worry!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I'd really like it if they had "vet versions" of all the zones so that the overland wasn't a complete pushover. Have the normal mobs be purple bars like in vet dungeons and the mini-bosses at the end of quest chains or delves be like those ~ 1 mil HP sub bosses with everything doing more damage. World bosses are fine as is. I like the quests themselves but I'm getting bored with the fact that I don't even have to know what button I'm pushing to kill everything except world bosses at literally 0 risk.

Or maybe break up the "kill weak bads then kill the slightly-stronger purple bad at the end" dynamic that makes up 99% of the quest structure. I love this game and the quest stories/zones but it's starting to feel way too formulaic. poo poo, even WoW would occasionally have random elites, elite areas, or enough enemy density to threaten you if you got reckless and didn't pay attention. Maybe just having some big baddies that can gently caress you up occasionally interspersed in quest areas would be enough to keep me awake between talking to quest givers.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Hakarne posted:

I'd really like it if they had "vet versions" of all the zones so that the overland wasn't a complete pushover. Have the normal mobs be purple bars like in vet dungeons and the mini-bosses at the end of quest chains or delves be like those ~ 1 mil HP sub bosses with everything doing more damage. World bosses are fine as is. I like the quests themselves but I'm getting bored with the fact that I don't even have to know what button I'm pushing to kill everything except world bosses at literally 0 risk.

Or maybe break up the "kill weak bads then kill the slightly-stronger purple bad at the end" dynamic that makes up 99% of the quest structure. I love this game and the quest stories/zones but it's starting to feel way too formulaic. poo poo, even WoW would occasionally have random elites, elite areas, or enough enemy density to threaten you if you got reckless and didn't pay attention. Maybe just having some big baddies that can gently caress you up occasionally interspersed in quest areas would be enough to keep me awake between talking to quest givers.

It used to be just like that. It was why a huge portion of the playerbase quit when they hit the old champion levels.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Lima posted:

It used to be just like that. It was why a huge portion of the playerbase quit when they hit the old champion levels.

Yeah I know it used to be a grindy slog that fractured the world. There's got to be a way to do something between that and the world being so easy you fall asleep playing. Hell, maybe they could make it a player-side toggle - a buff that gives you decreased health/damage and makes you take more damage in exchange for better rewards or something.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm even going to go so far as to say they should make everything easier. I just want to push buttons, watch really big numbers pop out, and always win.

and then watch a lot of cool explosions and cutscenes.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Hakarne posted:

Have you tried Craglorn?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Hi posted:

Im always weary when someone invites me out on their boat... because of the implication

You certainly wouldn't be in any danger.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Leave openworld as it is. It's already enough of a boring rear end slog doing all this psijic/mages/fighters/skyshard stuff with stuff being a pushover, don't need everything to be impossibly hard.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
I think I may be doing something wrong then since enemies for me have been slow to kill and anything above a regular enemy has been a death risk requiring some to a lot of kiting. I am in the mid-40s level wise playing a magic warden using goon supplied gear.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Coldforge posted:

Have you tried Craglorn?

Yeah a bit, but it was also designed from the ground-up to be a different type of zone with different spawns entirely, which is a good thing. I was trying to think of something they could realistically do without redoing the entire game manually, and having a selector like with normal and vet dungeons seemed the most straightforward way to do it.

Just have an option to scale stuff up a bit, throw in a small reward increase of some kind (maybe make all equipment drops/quest rewards guaranteed purple or something), and make it an optional preference you can set a la vet/normal dungeons.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Autoexec.bat posted:

I think I may be doing something wrong then since enemies for me have been slow to kill and anything above a regular enemy has been a death risk requiring some to a lot of kiting. I am in the mid-40s level wise playing a magic warden using goon supplied gear.

Yeah this, it takes me a fair amount of effort to murder anything in the main zones (Magplar). While I'm doing that I see someone twenty levels lower run by and murder the exact same thing in one or two hits.

I'm doing something terribly wrong but I don't know what that is.

Though strangely enough doing PvE quests in Cyrodiil is strangely much easier, as I hit a lot harder somehow.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Battle-spirit + Champion Points

If you see a level 20 blitzing through content they are more than likely a reroll with the full allocation of 750 Champion Points

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Coldforge posted:

Have you tried Craglorn?

Maybe my #1 most-wanted thing in ESO would be another region balanced like Craglorn. The upcoming Argonian region was originally going to be that, but it ended up getting pushed way back after Craglorn proved to be unpopular. But that was before One Tamriel. Maybe Craglorn did really suck then—I wasn't around for it—but it's now the only thing outside of PVP, the group dungeons, and Maelstrom Arena that presents a challenge to high level players. If I were feeling particularly uncharitable toward ESO's game design, I'd call Craglorn the only good region.

Just in general more content at about the challenge level of group delves and the harder public dungeons would be great.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 8, 2018

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

craglorn really did suck that bad, then was further compounded with VR being increased up to 16 but craglorn was left back at like VR10-12, making it even more pointless to go to

but yeah after the 1T rework i'd probably say its one of the funner zones now

edit: another way of putting it coupling Story with grouping was really bad, because ESO is not equipped for that kind of thing unlike, say, SWTOR with multiple party member interactions during dialogues (and also why all new group dungeons have npcs that convey things to the whole group instead of having one person run up and smash 1,1,1,1,1 to progress the quest like launch dungeons)

but harder delves/set pieces leaning towards needing 1-3 players are good and a nice change of pace imo

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 8, 2018

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I have this game on ps4 and was wondering if anybody on here plays there or if there is some kind of goon arrangement. If not, anyone have it on there and want to figure something out?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
:lol: In case anyone was wondering, if you heal a player who's being attacked by a guard, the game treats you as an accomplice. Got a bounty as big as if I straight up attacked a guard from that little altruistic act.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Battle-spirit + Champion Points

If you see a level 20 blitzing through content they are more than likely a reroll with the full allocation of 750 Champion Points

Fair enough. I ran through the initial DC islands as a new character and my lowly level 8 templar with only 170 CP tore through most everything, so yeah CP makes a huge difference.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Huh, glad I waited to buy the game, I didn't know there'd be a free trial period going right now :v: Downloading now, hell yeah.

Two questions:

1. Is there any reason to get the game on Steam, or am I better off downloading it directly through the main site?

2. If I decide to buy, is the subscription worth it? I noticed the full collection (which I think is the base game + Morrowind + Summerset + DLC, right?) is half off which seems like a great deal, but I also know you get the DLC if you sub so if that's worth it on its own I might go for it.

prince_kahleeb
Jul 14, 2004
Could I get a NA Guild Invite for @pkahleeb

Thanks goons!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Harrow posted:

Huh, glad I waited to buy the game, I didn't know there'd be a free trial period going right now :v: Downloading now, hell yeah.

Two questions:

1. Is there any reason to get the game on Steam, or am I better off downloading it directly through the main site?

2. If I decide to buy, is the subscription worth it? I noticed the full collection (which I think is the base game + Morrowind + Summerset + DLC, right?) is half off which seems like a great deal, but I also know you get the DLC if you sub so if that's worth it on its own I might go for it.

1) IMO, I'd buy this outside of steam. They've been having a lot of issues where steam users can't log into the game, and it's not like steam adds anything.

2) The sub is great for the crowns each month and the crafting bag, which gives you unlimited storage for mats. Even if you don't craft, it lets you horde everything to sell. You can get by without it, but be warned: once you do get it, you'll never be able to go back. It's probably one of the best subscription incentives I've ever seen in an MMO: In no way do you feel coerced to get it (see: SWTOR which needs a book explaining how hosed/limited you are by not subscribing) but it's such a large quality of life change you feel like you need it. Evil geniuses, I tell you...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hakarne posted:

1) IMO, I'd buy this outside of steam. They've been having a lot of issues where steam users can't log into the game, and it's not like steam adds anything.

2) The sub is great for the crowns each month and the crafting bag, which gives you unlimited storage for mats. Even if you don't craft, it lets you horde everything to sell. You can get by without it, but be warned: once you do get it, you'll never be able to go back. It's probably one of the best subscription incentives I've ever seen in an MMO: In no way do you feel coerced to get it (see: SWTOR which needs a book explaining how hosed/limited you are by not subscribing) but it's such a large quality of life change you feel like you need it. Evil geniuses, I tell you...

If I get the subscription, I don't need to buy the "Collection" one, right? Just Standard + Summerset?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Get it on Steam so a year from now you look at the hundreds thousands of hours played and realize what a loser you are.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hakarne posted:

Also crowns are never discounted through Steam, IIRC, if you plan on buying those.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Your recorded playtime on Steam is the amount of time you've left the game launcher open, not the game itself. I leave the game launcher open all the drat time, so it looks like I've spent over 1/4 of the past two years playing ESO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Rollersnake posted:

Your recorded playtime on Steam is the amount of time you've left the game launcher open, not the game itself. I leave the game launcher open all the drat time, so it looks like I've spent over 1/4 of the past two years playing ESO.

"Looks like." :laugh: