Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Y'know, you could put glass over the rocks and not have to worry about cleaning them.

Also I noticed that where the red wall meets the ceiling in this one isn't a straight line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Akett posted:

Y'know, you could put glass over the rocks and not have to worry about cleaning them.

Also I noticed that where the red wall meets the ceiling in this one isn't a straight line.
Ah yes, brilliant! And you could use inexpensive window glass, economizing further AND making it likely that the rocks will gain a thematic accent from one of the :females:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Akett posted:

But then how would I step on my Lego brick like foot destroying fake plastic rocks you idiot, you loving moron.

ThreeFingerHoek
Feb 6, 2009

i attribute the quarrelsome nature of the middle ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed
Plastic pebbles are buoyant. What's gonna happen when the tub overflows

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm loving dead and this thread has killed me.

I had an insomnia night, and I keep waking my partner by laughing too hard.

I think the fact that I saw this on Twitter first, and the fact that Dan Olsen showed up to dunk on the Master of bEats is murdering me.

My favorite detail is the plastic pebbles. Where do you even buy those?!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The bathroom is a little much, Jon.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

DicktheCat posted:

My favorite detail is the plastic pebbles. Where do you even buy those?!

For the true DIY project, you just have to keep your eyes peeled, you never know what you can get at liquidation sales these days

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A friend of mine is a 3D modeler and says he recognises some of the textures in these photos which makes sense because my brain was going "this isn't real"

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A friend of mine is a 3D modeler and says he recognises some of the textures in these photos which makes sense because my brain was going "this isn't real"

the art on the wall next to the ottoman toilet is the first result on google for "good modern art".

it has to be a render, I refuse to believe this is reality.

JuulPodSaveAmerica fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 28, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Midnight Voyager posted:

In fact, this was one of the specific things women initially said they'd want when it was in the planning stage, and he discounted all of it.

Silly :females:, just use Axe brand 3-in-1 shampoo-conditioner-bodywash! And he even left enough room for a dandruff shampoo and a Schick Hydro™ razor.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

JuulPodSaveAmerica posted:

the art on the wall next to the ottoman toilet is the first result on google for "good modern art".

it has to be a render, I refuse to believe this is reality.

I'm with you, where's OP's feet reflected in the drawers in this photo?

...this photo shows the red rug thing, OP would be stood by the towels to take the above shot.

Unless OP is a hovering drone of some sort which would explain his avoidance of posting a toilet photo (it's just a recharging dock).

*edit: false alarm, spotted the tripod feet which makes this worse because it's actually real.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 28, 2019

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

It's real guys. And it's faaaantastic.

ThreeFingerHoek
Feb 6, 2009

i attribute the quarrelsome nature of the middle ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed
Just noticed the wall clock :pwn:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The bathroom will probably be the first thing to go if this place ever sells

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The deal won’t be the only thing falling through.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

ThreeFingerHoek posted:

Just noticed the kitchen clock :pwn:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Bilirubin posted:

Can it not just be cleaned?

I have. Basically the rubber is melting and to clean it off even with water is fruitless. I’ve instead opted to replace it when I get the chance which annoys me because it is meant to be usable in the event of an earthquake as it has a built in generator.

Lain Iwakura fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 28, 2019

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm starting to believe the pictures are fake.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
My husband pointed out that even the “unedited” photos are still laden with HDR. You’re not gonna get bright, detailed exterior views AND bright, detailed interior views without some compositing work.

Unless it’s a render.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Over There posted:

I'm starting to believe the pictures are fake.

Are you saying beammaster has executed a two year long troll to make himself look stupid?

It's real fam.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bradzilla posted:

Are you saying beammaster has executed a two year long troll to make himself look stupid?

It's real fam.

Then why won't he post the toilet?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
No one would make a render where every surface has the shine cranked but took the time to weirdly bump map the red walls to look like faux-leather. There are just enough wonky-rear end flaws that would be excessive effort to put in that make the rest of it looking so fake hard to understand.

In a way this room is a gift to VFX studios because if anyone every says their CG environments look fake they can use this as justification.

EDIT: I know the walls (or hope anyway) the red walls aren't covered in pleather but they look like the same texture as the ottoman. That's such a strange thing to be consistent with... That is something that screams "just reuse that texture" CG shortcuts but in reality.

Popo fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 28, 2019

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'm not a fan of the shower because knowing my luck, I'd slip and tip headfirst into the polyurethane fake rugged stone wall, and I bet that'd still hurt

That poo poo is meant to be used for accent walls in livingrooms or outdoor patios, and not a shower where moisture can get into all the little nooks

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Megabound posted:

But then how would I step on my Lego brick like foot destroying fake plastic rocks you idiot, you loving moron.
Ah, yes, the reason that Legos hurt to step on is that plastic is caustic to feet.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Necrothatcher posted:

This is the scariest bathroom Stanley Kubrick could create and somehow you have beaten him.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I've heard rumors that the pictures are actually an archvis render and the amount of HDR is to distract the obvious models.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/content-cat/assets/archvis

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I'm having a hard time accepting the notion of groverbath deepfakes but that clock does look like a texture.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
As if that shower door could be anything but a real-life fuckup.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
T
O
I
L
E
T

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
put strobe lights in the chandelier

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Really the only reason I'm not fully convinced it's a render is that there's a sillohette of someone using a camera in this one:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Can you post a vid of the bathtub faucet? Because it looks like it will automatically spill on the pebbles when it's turned on or off.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm starting to think that he's embarrassed he couldn't find a black and red Gaming Toilet and had to settle for a normal one.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Iron Crowned posted:

His render package didn't come with one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

I'm starting to think that he's embarrassed he couldn't find a black and red Gaming Toilet and had to settle for a normal one.

It's this.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I mean you can see the hideous cabinets etc in the demolition photos from the original thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464&userid=57842#post470448554

so idk why people want to think it's fake, and not just a guy who likes two colors a lot

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Some people just want the world to be boring.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Over There posted:

I've heard rumors that the pictures are actually an archvis render and the amount of HDR is to distract the obvious models.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/content-cat/assets/archvis

How do you get imperfectly lined up tile and grout lines in a mathematical model? That seems... difficult

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

the more i look at the tiling the more i frown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

mormonpartyboat posted:

the more i look at the tiling the more i frown

You don't understaaaaaaand

quote:

It's nearly impossible to predict exactly where the tiles will line up once installed. Especially when you have a whole room of tile to lay in a cohesive pattern.