Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think the Thin Ice Breaker and redirect were both part of the same use of Sky Manipulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

No Wave posted:

Idk.

If he did, it would raise the question of whether he inherits binding conditions or not, and where the technique ends and the binding condition begins. Whether or not he actually used it is apparently a big debate online.

i'm actually still not sure if this was boogie woogie or not? i remember at the time there was a mention of there being an sfx associated with boogie woogie that isn't in this scene.

yota821
Sep 3, 2006
I wonder if Utahime helped boost Boogie Woogie in some way, maybe to extend the technique or target multiple people??

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Can Yuta do binding vows with borrowed techniques?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
How did Todo swap Maki when she has zero cursed energy?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

Todo can swap with pebbles, he's done it before.

Edit: He technically requires something with 'enough cursed energy' but Maki also has cursed weapons so probably connected to that.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 15, 2024

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Can Yuta do binding vows with borrowed techniques?

We've not seen that, but given how Gege has written this there is no reason to rule that out.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yuta's techniques aren't worth much to him (because he has so many) so the restriction mechanics shouldn't really work on him. He's also very young and is just not experienced enough to do it, it's supposed to be the hardest and most complicated thing to do in jutsu.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

Yuta's techniques aren't worth much to him (because he has so many) so the restriction mechanics shouldn't really work on him. He's also very young and is just not experienced enough to do it, it's supposed to be the hardest and most complicated thing to do in jutsu.

Yuta made at least one binding vow before, it was why had to kill Yuji and he loopholes his way out of consequences by just reviving Yuji seconds after.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Yuta made at least one binding vow before, it was why had to kill Yuji and he loopholes his way out of consequences by just reviving Yuji seconds after.
I would expect he didnt make that vow, yuji and sukuna's vow suggests that only one party needs to know what theyre doing for contract-style vows.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

I would expect he didnt make that vow, yuji and sukuna's vow suggests that only one party needs to know what theyre doing for contract-style vows.

Yeah, I'm just saying, the dude whose power is to copy anything has already had one applied to him once, it wouldn't be a huge shock if he picked it up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Wave posted:

He made the binding vow with the Jujutsu Society Elders so he would follow through on killing Yuji.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

No Wave posted:

Miwa was piggybacking off Maki so he probably locked on to her.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Todo's upgrade is just using his MASSIVE IQ to realize collective nouns exists so swapping "The Gang" with "The Birds" is just a 1 to 1 swap.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
speaking of the gang, miguel's loving dead right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheHan posted:

speaking of the gang, miguel's loving dead right?

I don't think he's any more loving Dead than anyone else who teleported out.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

yeah the impression i got from this panel:

was that the only people actually in sukuna's domain were yuji, choso, maki, and ino. it seems established that opening the furnace is specifically a nuke because of everything else happening in the domain, so i don't think anyone clearly outside of it is in much danger beyond the whole sukuna being alive thing

maybe there were other people in the domain, but gege did feel it necessary to draw ino

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Miguel and Larue ran away after Larue stopped Sukuna. They were already far away from the battle when the domain went up.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

what happened to the birds? are they ok?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scholtz posted:

what happened to the birds? are they ok?

How do you like cooked crow.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

the birds will be important health pickups for yuji and todo in the upcoming boss battle

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
the birds are dead and I am receiving reports that it hurt the entire time

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Miguel and Larue ran away after Larue stopped Sukuna. They were already far away from the battle when the domain went up.

we actually saw them still in town when the domain went up, and they haven't shown up since

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

we actually saw them still in town when the domain went up, and they haven't shown up since

Yes, but we saw they were far away from where the battle was taking place, so they may have gotten out of the Domain's range.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

stuker posted:

the birds will be important health pickups for yuji and todo in the upcoming boss battle

Domain Expansion: Beat Em Up

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yes, but we saw they were far away from where the battle was taking place, so they may have gotten out of the Domain's range.

Miguel and Larue's last shown location, they're probably fine

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
get ready

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

early poo poo scans: https://imgur.com/a/jjk-chapter-260-goj-over-tl-fOT9aOd

lol, also lmao

standing by my nobara w/ gojo eye theory

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Only the 9000 IQ sorcerer can utilize a binding vow on the same cheater level as Sukuna

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
considering the bullshit Sukuna has pulled off I don’t think it’s too unrealistic for Gojo to survive being cut in half but this is probably a fake out. That said we know the powers of every player right now and I’m not sure how any would make an illusion or something like this. An unrevealed Yuta power he copied?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Boogie Woogie remains overwhelmingly the most powerful ability.

Also, Sukuna being sent straight to the airport.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A loving VIBRASLAP????

this is the greatest thing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Todo ftw

stuker posted:

early poo poo scans: https://imgur.com/a/jjk-chapter-260-goj-over-tl-fOT9aOd

lol, also lmao

standing by my nobara w/ gojo eye theory

We do see a single eye and it's on the side that wasn't hosed up by Mahito.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Imagine only getting written spoilers for this chapter.

Todo has a vibraslap for a hand.

He and Yuji hit Sukuna several times while Sukuna complains that Todo showed at the worst time for him.

Todo tricks Sukuna and Yuji hits with a black flash!!!!

Yuji tears through Sukuna's guts!!!

Sukuna tries to do Domain Expansion but sees Gojo.

How many of you would have believed that was real.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Most of that seems reasonable tbh

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

We do see a single eye and it's on the side that wasn't hosed up by Mahito.

i'm admittedly just googling to remember this, but what i'm seeing is that nobara lost her left eye which seems to be the same eye we're seeing of ghost gojo

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8ff4c460dc8b7484e5fb6ea54fe06a00-lq

stuker fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 16, 2024

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

peak

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

stuker posted:

i'm admittedly just googling to remember this, but what i'm seeing is that nobara lost her left eye which seems to be the same eye we're seeing of ghost gojo

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8ff4c460dc8b7484e5fb6ea54fe06a00-lq

poo poo I misremembered

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Minecraft/status/1790812992117878955

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream