Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Kesper North posted:

Reading between the lines of the update as a former GSF diplomat, the key differentiator is the number of times SibSquad are listed as being a "problem" and having "more complaints" than any other group. Indicates that they were generating drama, disharmony, disunity, or just taking up too much executive time.

The update is essentially saying the Imperium may want/need krabs for some reason, but those krabs were pinching too many toes and needed to be tossed in a bucket.

Literally still cringing about the diplo updates I wrote 9 years ago

SibSquad was a pain in the rear end from day 0.

Good riddance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

have they actually joined snuff or is this simply the new installment in a long tradition of le epic bacon trolls from snuff posters
I can fill in most of the gaps here I think.

Following the RP story line that caused Amarr to blow up the star in Turnur, it's generated a "mini thera" there, which is 1j from Aset, CTRLVs staging system.

A lot of groups, notably BigAb moved into Turnur to use the new WH Statics as content generation but the critical issue is that BigAB dont like the CTRLV CEO at all

BigAb have subsequently blown up all of CTRLVs moons, indy structures, POS' etc therefore CTRLV elected to move elsewhere - however, they needed to do this using the Amamake Keepstar and due to the FW docking mechanics had to leave the militia to do it. They are back in now.

Knowing the CTRLV CEO, i think it's fair to say he takes some inspiration in his fighting style/doctrines from snuffed and is friendly with their guys on the Eve official discord, (I would be entirely unsurprised if when he gets bored of running an alliance, he "retires" to snuffed) hence the meme about him joining appeared when people started to notice they are not in militia anymore.

My corp left CTRLV last October(?) and created our own alliance that really just focusses on Faction Warfare.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
buy a cerb, blap six faxes, get a killmark, die. All in an evening's work

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Only six? Git gud

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I reckon I could lose 8 in a single hour, gotta get those numbers up.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kesper North posted:

If they're giant babies wouldn't they call it going to waah

Imperium is based on Space Marine fanfic, not Orks.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Xolve posted:

Imperium is based on Space Marine fanfic, not Orks.

:hmmyes:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Wibla posted:

SibSquad was a pain in the rear end from day 0.

Good riddance.

gently caress off

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

angry armadillo posted:

I can fill in most of the gaps here I think.

Following the RP story line that caused Amarr to blow up the star in Turnur, it's generated a "mini thera" there, which is 1j from Aset, CTRLVs staging system.

A lot of groups, notably BigAb moved into Turnur to use the new WH Statics as content generation but the critical issue is that BigAB dont like the CTRLV CEO at all

BigAb have subsequently blown up all of CTRLVs moons, indy structures, POS' etc therefore CTRLV elected to move elsewhere - however, they needed to do this using the Amamake Keepstar and due to the FW docking mechanics had to leave the militia to do it. They are back in now.

Knowing the CTRLV CEO, i think it's fair to say he takes some inspiration in his fighting style/doctrines from snuffed and is friendly with their guys on the Eve official discord, (I would be entirely unsurprised if when he gets bored of running an alliance, he "retires" to snuffed) hence the meme about him joining appeared when people started to notice they are not in militia anymore.

My corp left CTRLV last October(?) and created our own alliance that really just focusses on Faction Warfare.

lol bigab continuing to punch down

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

triple post

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
you know what was cool, if you ask me? it was when delta sqad won the Big War all by themselves (singlehandedly) via feats of conspicuous valor

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

gently caress off

Hanzo parachute account spotted!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dalmuti posted:

you know what was cool, if you ask me? it was when delta sqad won the Big War all by themselves (singlehandedly) via feats of conspicuous valor

and posting

mostly the posting

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I member when Aritzia warped us into position in cloakies and bombers within pissing distance of the T5Z keepstar and had us call our designated numbers to make an equilateral triangle, before we all simultaneously uncloaked and anchored Mobile Depots each labeled "Delta Sqad" that would last for weeks to come. It's a real shame how that saga eventually turned out...

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

lol bigab continuing to punch down

pretty much, to be fair Mikal doesnt help himself they way he goes on at people in the Eve discord but whatever, the cal/gal wz cant do big stuff or snuffed turn up, it's only fair we get BigAB :D

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I know he's "problematic" but can a goon get a message to extra squishy? (just because someone else is a dick it does not mean I have to be)

Basically what he said in the Reddit thread indicates that he's missing out on a big chunk of government benefits for sick and disabled people. Tell him his parents need to download a stock tenancy agreement off the internet, (who you rent off is meaningless so long as a relation sets it to an average for the area) he can then use it to claim the housing element of UC/housing benefit and money off council tax because he's under the minimum income threshold. He will have to pay "bedroom tax" and there will be a hard limit depending on the number of people in the house and rent but it is absolutely worth doing. They could get money off council tax if they lived in the house with him as well.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

floppyspud posted:

I reckon I could lose 8 in a single hour, gotta get those numbers up.

I think FRAT were willing to throw as many as necessary to get that iHub installed

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
Mikal and control-v are not joining snuff.

Source: I’m a snuff alliance exec

USTZ is a mistake

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
https://br.evetools.org/br/640235f366993f037494523f

I'm stuck as work as usual but this one looks like it hurt.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Now that’s a fleet battle.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Loky11 posted:

USTZ is a mistake

can confirm

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

So the CCP head techno evangelists ailed by their traditional small dog syndrome, have once again decided that now's a good time to impotently start chasing unrelated to Eve popculture techobuzz. Seems that Hilmar has recently read a Tweet on how chat AI is gonna make it as big as VR and change the cyber landscape, and full of inspiration decreed the already strung out player-facing team to implement (and in turn moderate) one of the popular Google scraping chat bots for their official Eve discord. Well Eve players being as such, this "Rogue AI" event is going as well as you'd think.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

So the CCP head techno evangelists ailed by their traditional small dog syndrome, have once again decided that now's a good time to impotently start chasing unrelated to Eve popculture techobuzz. Seems that Hilmar has recently read a Tweet on how chat AI is gonna make it as big as VR and change the cyber landscape, and full of inspiration decreed the already strung out player-facing team to implement (and in turn moderate) one of the popular Google scraping chat bots for their official Eve discord. Well Eve players being as such, this "Rogue AI" event is going as well as you'd think.

next up on ccps eve spinoff games: an ai generated roleplaying game based in the eve universe

alternatively, an automatic lore generator

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

floppyspud posted:

alternatively, an automatic lore generator

BRB using ChatGPT to generate bios for all my chars

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

BigPaddy posted:

BRB using ChatGPT to generate bios for all my chars

ask chatgpt to make resistance profiles and wormhole charts for you

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Loky11 posted:

Mikal and control-v are not joining snuff.

Source: I’m a snuff alliance exec

USTZ is a mistake

rip, i don't have the blurb for CTRLV saved

if you write a new one up i'll return them to their former glory in the reccs post

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 4, 2023

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What does the rabbit look like?

In eve lore the rabbit is a vicious caldari hunting snek who patiently sits entwined round the gates at Jita waiting for her prey.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Go on...

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Ok, had a bit of an EVE itch so stuck my head in the thread and Mittens etc is all gone and waffe is no longer a thing, but also is, but isn't SA related?

What happened. Should I keep winning EVE?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Waffe is still a thing. There was a bit of post mittens leaving drama where someone claimed that Waffe was going to be a normal member corp that was reversed.

Probably worth jumping into an old char without paying for a sub and playing as an alpha and see if it is fun for you or not.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
The game being fun won't be an issue as such, it's never been fun. I just enjoyed big battles with goons and loving about with small gang SV/John Hartley fleets etc back in the day.

I had the assets to get myself a super carrier before I quit and never got around to it. Have pearl abyss ruined what was already a bad game then?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

It's world war B3 baby!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Geese Goku Fleet Assemble!

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

The game being fun won't be an issue as such, it's never been fun. I just enjoyed big battles with goons and loving about with small gang SV/John Hartley fleets etc back in the day.

I had the assets to get myself a super carrier before I quit and never got around to it. Have pearl abyss ruined what was already a bad game then?

Well another war has just kicked off so if you enjoyed big battles and roaming fleets then good timing.

On the super front, CCP decided to gently caress around with cap production which means supers and titans are now much more expensive to buy/build than before (depending on when you quit) so you might have a shock when you see the prices
Regular caps are pricier but still affordable and they just released some navy dreads which are fun to fly!

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Don't talk to me or my Nid ever again.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:swoon:

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Don't talk to me or my Nid ever again.

drat, games looking really good.

I think super caps was in the 20b range last I played..I assume they're more now

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

drat, games looking really good.

I think super caps was in the 20b range last I played..I assume they're more now

North of 40b for the hull nowadays

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

can i have your stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

It's world war B3 baby!

too soon