Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Eh, gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Timby posted:

I'm all with detesting lovely politicians but wishing relapse on someone in recovery is pretty terrible. Being addicted to something is a particularly unique brand of hell and no one should ever have to go through it.

You’re not wrong but it doesn’t change how I feel

Sorry if it seemed like I was making light of addiction though

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 5, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I wish pain on others for denying me weed

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Oh, hey, who was that Philippine rapper someone posted a while ago, that poo poo was dope

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I wish pain on others for denying me weed

I wish I liked anything as much as you like nobody liking you

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Gatts posted:

Israel has that going on ever since they went into Palestine and the Middle East.

Heyoooo

Care to clarify?

CelticPredator posted:

This is what a tom Hooper film is

:golfclap:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I’d be inclined to read something into his newfound tendency to leap to the defense of republican politicians if I was under the impression he’d ever had a thought that wasn’t purely reactive

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Meanwhile in California, I smoked too much legal weed yesterday and kept putting my cat's laser pointer up to my mouth and wondering why this new e-cig wasn't working.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I’d be inclined to read something into his newfound tendency to leap to the defense of republican politicians

David Lynch is not a Republican politician.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Budgie Jumping posted:

"The Purge: Rush Job" is the perfect title for the Purge movie in which a person has 12 hours and several tons of explosives to alter Thomas Jefferson's likeness to look like a man's gaping rear end in a top hat, all the while fending off White Nationalist purgers. At one point the protagonist falls from atop the stone goatse and grabs ahold the sculpture's left hand ring finger. Like Chaplin and the clock, but with a giant man's stone rear end.

Who do we call to make this a reality? I feel like if someone could gather up 3 million or less they'd just make this the next Purge movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Every politician in Massachusetts is a Republican.

Part of it is pearl clutching and part of it is the local government trying to work out how best to get the biggest possible cut of everything involved. My brother is practically a legal scholar when it comes to the stuff governing weed stores here and the short version is they've made it outrageously expensive to open a pot store because of all the permits and licenses involved.

TrixRabbi posted:

Holy poo poo.

Having seen Sign O' The Times it is the best concert film ever made. Ziggy Stardust is up there though.

I thought to mention it because it somehow overlooked to the point of being almost forgotten which is crazy because it's not just a great show but is the document of the infamous show where David Bowie quit the Spiders From Mars without telling them first (though interestingly another piece of the story getting lost to history is that the official last performance of the Spiders from Mars would be on the Midnight Special shortly after minus the drummer Mick Woodmansey).

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yeah, right now they're saying September but yeah loving right and even if that does happen it's going to be such small rollout that they'll likely be sold out for months.

It also doesn't help that the majority of towns have banned opening shops until the end of the year at the very earliest. It's aggravating because the first approved grower is right in the town I'm living in, but it can't actually sell anything because the town voted to ban the opening of shops indefinitely (nevermind that this town is already mostly smoke shops and liquor stores).

Like none of this is a surprise but come loving on you loving shits. I don't care if Baker struggled with alcoholism. Doesn't mean you should step in the way of other people's now legal vices.

It's funny you'd mention this because Massachusetts has had an epidemic opiate problem for decades that's the worse in the country during a time when the epidemic is the worst its been in a long time. But sure, people buying pot from a store is going to ruin this whole place.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I just wanted to say that this is a very high quality own. Pretend I'm handing you some kind of award.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ll make the next purge movie. I need to make more movies or my soul shrivel and die.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

I’ll make the next purge movie. I need to make more movies or my soul shrivel and die.

Remake Chainsaw Scumfuck as a Purge short. Corn syrup and red food dye are both pretty cheap.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Do that Thomas Jefferson goaste thing.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Egbert Souse posted:

He also kills his entire neighborhood by inviting them over for a pool party

It'll be like the hottub scene in Eating Raoul.

Remember that GBS guy who had a giant inflatable pool in his basement like directly below a light fixture? I totally forgot about it until picturing a murder pool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

Remake Chainsaw Scumfuck as a Purge short. Corn syrup and red food dye are both pretty cheap.

I loved this short so much.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

CPL593H posted:

It's funny you'd mention this because Massachusetts has had an epidemic opiate problem for decades that's the worse in the country during a time when the epidemic is the worst its been in a long time. But sure, people buying pot from a store is going to ruin this whole place.

I mean this is really what they're using to hold up weed though. Doesn't matter what the science says it's wholly reactionary and people afraid of change.

Or in a lot of cases it's voter apathy. Milford voted twice to ban pot shops because each time the turnout was abysmal and the only folks who showed up were old NIMBYs afraid weed was going to somehow make their town uninhabitable.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

TrixRabbi posted:

I mean this is really what they're using to hold up weed though. Doesn't matter what the science says it's wholly reactionary and people afraid of change.

Or in a lot of cases it's voter apathy. Milford voted twice to ban pot shops because each time the turnout was abysmal and the only folks who showed up were old NIMBYs afraid weed was going to somehow make their town uninhabitable.

Oh I know that's a thing, but like you said the science shows that it's loving bullshit and a lot of people addicted to opiates got them legally. Slightly related, but this state is so loving Catholic it makes me want to scream.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Nationalize all drugs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just learned that Laura Dern was 23 when she was in Jurassic Park and that's blowing my mind.

Like I saw it when I was a kid and all adults seemed generically vaguely old but that still seems uncanny to me

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I was thinking about it and Thomas Jefferson Goatse would make a good forums name. I wish I would have thought of that instead of a reference to a song most people probably haven't heard.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

In honor of page 1902, here's Georges Melies' A Trip to the Moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJiiyrFAXVM

A film that's 116 years old.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

therattle posted:

Care to clarify?

Comparison by the Turkish leader and also some statements from various people all the time.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/246201

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Israeli_government#Comparisons_with_Nazi_Germany.

Not that I think it's the same, but there's a lot of injustice in general in the Middle East and in Israel/Palestine. And the whole "Be careful you don't go too far to become what you fought against/hate."

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 6, 2018

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

There was also that story that just dropped about Israel arming and training neo nazi militias in Ukraine

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CPL593H posted:

I was thinking about it and Thomas Jefferson Goatse would make a good forums name. I wish I would have thought of that instead of a reference to a song most people probably haven't heard.

I would be honored if you finally changed your droid serial number to a reference to my ridiculous joke/sincere movie pitch.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

It's hard to imagine just how much of a massive cock Vin Diesel must be if The Rock still does occasional WWE appearances yet refuses to work with him.

Here's my bet

The rock is the bigger rear end in a top hat, because he's willing to work with Vince

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The whole thing surrounding the FF rivalry is weird. It's one thing to not like each other but it's obvious the FF was a payday for Vin+Tyrese and when the Rock came in with influence I bet it rattled them and they didn't like each other. Then Rock+Statham outshone Vin and there was a feeling of threat and having a franchise pulled out from under them. Vin seems like an okay dude but his casual laid back personality probably really is drastically different from the Rock's coked up go go. Tyrese just lost his mind and made it even more hosed.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Thanks guys! Already seen Purple Rain, but I'll definitely check out One More Time with Feeling and Sign o' the Times.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql1LL8wYwp8

hope my boss doesnt see me running across the street in this clip cause i called in sick today and tomorrow cause we're trying to keep the punches going

also felix told me he mentioned us in the episode they recorded today, so hopefully that spreads the word even more

also, im def gonna get murdered by mobsters

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

hope my boss doesnt see me running across the street in this clip cause i called in sick today and tomorrow cause we're trying to keep the punches going

also felix told me he mentioned us in the episode they recorded today, so hopefully that spreads the word even more

Who plays you in the movie about your life?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Y’know that de-aging CGI that Marvel did with Michael Douglas in the first Ant Man movie?

Well, uhhhhh, after seeing the sequel tonight, I feel like they’re about a year away from nailing the Uncanny Valley problem entirely and we’re gonna start seeing full-on dead people appearing in future movies as their younger selves with total believability.

They did a really good job advancing that particular artform the last two years. I mean YIKES. It was like they learned their lesson from Tarkin in Rogue One and did the opposite of that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Gonz posted:

Y’know that de-aging CGI that Marvel did with Michael Douglas in the first Ant Man movie?

Well, uhhhhh, after seeing the sequel tonight, I feel like they’re about a year away from nailing the Uncanny Valley problem entirely and we’re gonna start seeing full-on dead people appearing in future movies as their younger selves with total believability.

They did a really good job advancing that particular artform the last two years. I mean YIKES. It was like they learned their lesson from Tarkin in Rogue One and did the opposite of that.

They still can’t get the corners of the mouths right, Laurence Fishburne‘s face looked kinda hosed up because of that, but yeah it was a lot better and it’s a scary thought.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Is it that deep thought thing Jordan Peele used to be Fauxbama?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
They only work so much. Fishbournes face was still with his weight gain girth and not as slim as in Matrix days.

Douglas had his mouth lower than a more firm jaw/mouth alignment of his youth. Like you could tell it was an old man at the base to work with

Gatts fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 6, 2018

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who plays you in the movie about your life?

Scarlett Johansson

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Gatts posted:

They only work so much. Fishbournes face was still with his weight gain girth and not as slim as in Matrix days.

I think that works as the character, being a scientist instead of an actor / mind-projection martial artist, simply being a bit heavier at that age.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Budgie Jumping posted:

I would be honored if you finally changed your droid serial number to a reference to my ridiculous joke/sincere movie pitch.

I would absolutely change it, but I feel like spending eight bucks to be called a silly thing on a website is kind of a waste of money.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

You seem like a pretty cool guy. I hope you don't get killed.

Gonz posted:

I can't wait to see Phil Hartman again!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Bringing back the dead could be used for good.

Like do a time travel movie where people go back and give horrible people their comuppance that they never received when alive. Let's have a celebrated 20 minute long scene done in one take of Jimmy Saville being slowly tortured to death or Leona Helmsley eaten by her own dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

Bringing back the dead could be used for good.

Like do a time travel movie where people go back and give horrible people their comuppance that they never received when alive. Let's have a celebrated 20 minute long scene done in one take of Jimmy Saville being slowly tortured to death or Leona Helmsley eaten by her own dogs.

Errol Flynn getting kicked in the dick for three hours.

• Locked thread