Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Gherkin
Feb 8, 2010
[

Time_pants posted:

I think it's hilarious looking back how Xanatos was portrayed as the most dangerous and evil mastermind in the series because he used his vast wealth and influence to sometimes dress up in a robotic combat suit and engage in the occasional act of antiquities theft. Looking back on it now, doesn't that seem positively quaint? That, back in the 90s, the most despicable thing a billionaire could get up to was having a punch-up with a half-dozen mythological beasts over a magical book? We sat in our living rooms going, "Hit him again, Broadway! Dammit, he's the real monster here!"

Whereas now, I look at it and think, "It seems like he offers employees a pretty good benefits package and pays well over the market average." I'm not saying that he's a nice guy or anything, but 1) he paid to fix the collateral damage he caused, 2) he actually served the entirety of his prison sentence behind bars, and 3) he was only responsible for two genuinely heinous genetic experiments--only one of which was performed on a human being. I'm just saying, between David Xanatos and Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, and Elon Musk, I don't think the guy with ponytail is the one we gotta worry about.

How long have you been sitting in this thread waiting for someone to mention Gargoyles you loving maniac lol

Burt Gherkin fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Can't take a joke, eh snowflakes? :smug:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

dee eight posted:

just lol if you think kid rock is good

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

lmao Kirk Cameron looks old as gently caress, conservatism really screws with your biology

He's in his 50s. For everything else wrong with the man, he still looks pretty great.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I guess stop being human trash with comedic stances and the jokes will stop. Weird how you guys were all laughing whenever it was Trump making jokes about Dems, libs, foreigners, disabled people, gold star families, etc, etc

God, just the thinnest of skin whiny babies

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

deoju posted:

These idiots have no loving clue what 'free speech' actually is, do they?

"Free speech is the right for me to say the n-word through a megaphone in black neighborhoods and suffer no consequences. For you it is to shut up and remain silent because I don't like your opinion that I am a lovely person for using my free speech"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lol, today in poo poo that didn't happen

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yeah? I seem to recall Trump claimed to reunite the country. I mean this is kinda the hypocrite pot trying to call the kettle out

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s kind of funny for a political movement that is essentially obstinate on any meaningful issue out of spite to complain that Biden isn’t doing enough to “heal” the nation.

At this point pretty much any and all criticism from the conservative sphere of influence can be disregarded as white noise because it will come no matter what. If Biden replicated Trump’s political agenda to the letter they’d claim he’s not doing enough to secure the white race. If he made minorities illegal they’d complain that he didn’t make women enslaved under men. And so on.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

lmao Kirk Cameron looks old as gently caress, conservatism really screws with your biology
Being constantly in fear of everything will wreck your body.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
If you want to waste like 80 minutes of your life, watch Cameron's Saving Christmas movie.

It is everything a student film movie should not be.

I mean, you expect him to say how we need to put the Christ back in Christmas. Instead, amid such a horrible production that looks like it came from Discount Uwe Boll, he uses modern Xmas symbols like the tree, cocoa, presents, to justify materialistic Xmas. It is quite bizarre, not only for the fact half the movie is him sitting in a car with his brother-in-law in a very Satan Tempts You way, persuading him that buying a ton of gifts and getting a lot of material poo poo is what Jesus would want.

As for healing the nation, Biden could literally crap out a cure for every disease known to man, give the conservatives everything they want, and sit back the next two years and do gently caress all, and they'd scream about him not healing the nation. You can't heal poo poo when about half of the place is actively ripping out stitches and dunking the wound in toilet water.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Burt Gherkin posted:

So it's going to be pretty interesting with no debates for the next presidential election.

Nixon didn’t debate with Humphrey or McGovern. The one with Kennedy scared him.

Presidential debates aren’t an iron clad institution.

The Republicans will likely debate and empty chair like Clint Eastwood did.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Cowslips Warren posted:

If you want to waste like 80 minutes of your life, watch Cameron's Saving Christmas movie.

I mean, you expect him to say how we need to put the Christ back in Christmas. Instead, amid such a horrible production that looks like it came from Discount Uwe Boll, he uses modern Xmas symbols like the tree, cocoa, presents, to justify materialistic Xmas. It is quite bizarre, not only for the fact half the movie is him sitting in a car with his brother-in-law in a very Satan Tempts You way, persuading him that buying a ton of gifts and getting a lot of material poo poo is what Jesus would want.

As for healing the nation, Biden could literally crap out a cure for every disease known to man, give the conservatives everything they want, and sit back the next two years and do gently caress all, and they'd scream about him not healing the nation. You can't heal poo poo when about half of the place is actively ripping out stitches and dunking the wound in toilet water.

Right after Biden won the election (with more votes than any other candidate in history), the lede on the main NY Times story was "HOW CAN BIDEN REACH ACROSS THE AISLE TO CONSERVATIVES?" while completely absolving the right of any responsibility to do anything similar.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 1, 2022

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Remember after Trump’s first State of the Union and the media thinkers were tripping over themselves to spew out “so presidential this could be the turn we needed” over and over again?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

yeah, keep turning all your allies into enemies

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1520468243403714561?t=wNlE4FUk-E1VtAuzOkIciQ&s=19

quote:

among Republican respondents, 52 percent said it’s either “Definitely true” (20%) or “Probably true” (32%) that “Top Democrats are involved in elite child sex-trafficking rings.”

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the radical feminist... church?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

"Gee, why does everyone think we're all crazy?"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Was there ever a time when these kind of obvious lines were called out and thoroughly debunked and people believed that, or is everything else such a conspiracy theory that even if you said the sky was blue, someone would scream out it was really red, you liberal communist Nazi?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Chuds hate the catholic church now this new pope isn't calling for the deaths of all single mothers and is even allowing women to have jobs within the church

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Just read an article on the leftist woke CBC about the Florida book bans. Halfway through the author goes "well you know, BOTH SIDES" and talks about how the left is just as bad because they took down defaming and false articles about Hunter Biden and the 2020 election.
We are completely hosed because journalistic neutrality seems to have been boiled down to "just report anything that comes from a politician's mouth, no matter how immaterial or false, directly and without critique".

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So hosed but not surprising

https://twitter.com/WBHM/status/1520574136623448064?t=jtVYuugIQc3tOLA0E-JZYA&s=19

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

Was there ever a time when these kind of obvious lines were called out and thoroughly debunked and people believed that, or is everything else such a conspiracy theory that even if you said the sky was blue, someone would scream out it was really red, you liberal communist Nazi?

You can't reason someone out of a belief that they did not reason themselves into to begin with. Every time someone says that you have to call out the lies of R's I roll my eyes because it is just a waste of time. There is literally no evidence for anything that they say, but people believe it anyway because this is kulturkampf and that's all that matters. Chuds have proven that they are literally willing to die to own the libs because that is how committed chuds are to fascism or white nationalist insanity. They are so far beyond reason it is out of sight. And it is only going to get worse.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cowslips Warren posted:

It really only depends on who's saying that the sky is blue. If a Republican says it, it's true, if a Democrat says it it's false. If both say it, the Conservative will hold two opposing viewpoints in their head at the same time because that's what they do.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

"I wish this were true" is all the proof they need.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Underwhelmed posted:

"I wish this were true" is all the proof they need.

More like: "It feels true, and I want it to be true, so it must be true", particularly when it targets and confirms biases.

See:
- photoshopped images
- edited screenshots
- sheets of paper that "my child brought home"
- self-inflicted graffiti
- stdh.txt stories

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Imagine hearing a joke about some rear end in a top hat you voted for and feeling personally offended.

I guess it's better than how they used to get upset when they heard a joke about loving your cousin

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
we've been escalating hard back into the Satanic Panic over this last week. Just like the gay panic they've rekindled, not to mention the insane racism, it seems everything old is new again! Hail Satan
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1520759609002270720
How does he even know it's a Satanic portal and not just a regular old portal?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Steadiman posted:

Roger Stone remembers where he was shat out from so he'd know the difference

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Steadiman posted:

we've been escalating hard back into the Satanic Panic over this last week. Just like the gay panic they've rekindled, not to mention the insane racism, it seems everything old is new again! Hail Satan

Nah, that just daemon prince Stolas, he likes to watch politicians gently caress for fun when nothing is on tv and doesn’t want to think about his marital problems.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Steadiman posted:

I hope this means Joe Biden is fulfilling his campaign promise to attack heaven and dethrone God.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I support The New Consumers Patriots.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

This is like Andy Kaufman performance art. Trying to pay the hospital (obviously completely unprompted) a thousand dollars to use "unvaxxed" blood, the doublespeak projection from the blood bank director (?) DebbieInDallas literally saying :shrug: I thought I needed a tonsillectomy seventy loving years ago but then something happened IDK lol :shrug: and of course, prayer and essential oils.

I feel bad for the kid though :smith:
american healthcare is andy kaufman performance art. you get a cookie and a bandaid for donating a unit of blood that sells for $150 to hospitals who sell it back to you for $1,000 a unit in an emergency

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cowslips Warren posted:

And the bil is named Christian White. The house is an insane palace with two restaurants sized fridges. The ground floor also has enough space for a table that a French king would think is to big and have an extended dance party.

The movie is every single thing that is wrong with Evangelical Christianity in America, minus the racism. The shallow, materialistic religion that exists purely to justify the greed and grift. Though unlike Fire Proof it doesn't feature how to subjugate your wife into your breeding slave.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Grouchio posted:

You know, the death of Twitter just might be the big net positive we've been looking for all year (besides Russia shooting it's feet)
:kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar:
This post made me realize that Twitter might go down and not be replaced. Please God let this happen. It's been a rough spring, I need a break.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

trickybiscuits posted:

This post made me realize that Twitter might go down and not be replaced. Please God let this happen. It's been a rough spring, I need a break.

I imagine that eventually if it lost all its value then another large player in the technology space would buy it for a billion or two. Perhaps Microsoft, FB/Meta, Google/Alphabet, Amazon. I imagine they would all see some benefit to owning Twitter. At one time Yahoo was worth roughly 125 billion but crashed and sold to Verizon for 10 billion, then was later sold for 5 billion. So I imagine after Musk runs it into the ground and gets bored someone will come by and sweep up the scraps.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

LifeSunDeath posted:

I support The New Consumers Patriots.

Can you imagine another point in history when rights were so squashed that literal seditionists could wander around the country and openly and freely not only advertise who they were but sell merchandise promoting more sedition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I imagine that eventually if it lost all its value then another large player in the technology space would buy it for a billion or two. Perhaps Microsoft, FB/Meta, Google/Alphabet, Amazon. I imagine they would all see some benefit to owning Twitter. At one time Yahoo was worth roughly 125 billion but crashed and sold to Verizon for 10 billion, then was later sold for 5 billion. So I imagine after Musk runs it into the ground and gets bored someone will come by and sweep up the scraps.

Did someone say scraps?