Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

big mean giraffe posted:

I've never flashed a ROM in my entire Android experience that didn't have a kernel. In at least 99.9% of all Android ROMs they come with a kernel.

This depends on your definition of a "ROM." Devices with locked bootloaders (like Motorola's) can flash "ROMs" without kernels. The kernels can't be replaced on these devices without a signed update. I'm happily running CM7 on my Droid X, but some people might say that it's technically not a "ROM."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I'm looking for vehicle mount recommendations for my Evo. The official HTC mount is stupid expensive and the Sprint-branded universal mount I just bought has turned out to be a pile of crap I'll be returning this evening (power doesn't pass through and there isn't enough range of movement to get it level).

Mark Larson
Dec 27, 2003

Interesting...

wolrah posted:

I'm looking for vehicle mount recommendations for my Evo. The official HTC mount is stupid expensive and the Sprint-branded universal mount I just bought has turned out to be a pile of crap I'll be returning this evening (power doesn't pass through and there isn't enough range of movement to get it level).

I just bought a $3 ebay mount and plug in the audio and power manually.

zaha
May 17, 2004
Svelte Nerd
I went to the Verizon store yesterday to try out the Resound. I liked the size, it felt much much better than the Razr. The Beats thing is pretty gimmicky to me, but it doesn't detract from anything either.

The red and black theme is a little meh, but not too in your face. Black chrome trim and rubberized back looked and felt nice. I enjoed the camera auto focus (no two stage shutter button is my understanding). The pictures I took looked nice and the shutter was reasonably quick.

I also really like the ability to add a huge extended battery as I travel fairly often. But why oh why did HTC lock this thing down? I would have pulled the trigger on one last night if I could have rooted and gone to the rom of my choice.

I guess its just more reason to be smart and see what the galaxy nexus has to offer, although I am not sure I will like the physically larger form factor.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I'm happily running CM7 on my Droid X, but some people might say that it's technically not a "ROM."
Technically ROM is "read-only memory" which isn't what we're talking about on these devices, it's field-flashable firmware.

In Android land, a custom ROM is always a /system filesystem replacement. Given that /system is mounted read-only the majority of the time (and always on non-rooted devices), and is preserved across devices resets (e.g., "Factory data reset"), calling it ROM or "a ROM" is perfectly reasonable.

Kernels and recoveries are separate. They exist in their own partitions separate from /system, etc., and can be flashed in isolation. Some CWM-flashable ROMs include kernels alongside system.img, others don't. And indeed, on many Motorola devices you can swap out the entirety of /system but are stuck with the stock, signed kernel.

In any event, you can always flash a ROM, then flash a new kernel on top if you don't want to use the kernel that's included/paired with a ROM.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ExcessBLarg! posted:

In Android land, a custom ROM is always a /system filesystem replacement. Given that /system is mounted read-only the majority of the time (and always on non-rooted devices), and is preserved across devices resets (e.g., "Factory data reset"), calling it ROM or "a ROM" is perfectly reasonable.

Thanks, I've wondered why they called it this. The point I wanted to make was that BMG's "99.9%" number was incorrect as certainly "ROMs" for locked Motorola devices constitute more than 1/1000th of all Android "ROMs."

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

wolrah posted:

For the original Evo I had the Seidio Surface Mount which worked out great. For the Evo3D, I have the iGrip, though I believe that Seidio also makes one for the Evo3D that is decent now. The Seidios should come with a 1.0amp charger that charges pretty quickly.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Need help on relocking the Nexus S bootloader. I can't get ADB to recognize the device in OSX Lion, but fastboot can. Found an xda thread with someone having the same symptoms but they were trying to flash a recovery so they did it via fastboot and skirted the procedure but I need to use ADB to lock the bootloader. Any idea where I'm loving up?

Edit: I'm a loving idiot in so many ways.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 16, 2011

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

I'm attempting to relock my launch day EVO 4g to bring to a Sprint store to repair a touchscreen that registers phantom taps. I rooted it quite a while ago using, I believe, toastcfh's method. I'm on hboot 0.93. I attempted to follow the instructions in this thread. I assumed I was safe doing this because the thread is still active, and the OP is still answering questions.

I skipped the unrevoked forever instructions, since I haven't done that, transferred the linked file and attempted to flash it. It had 8 steps (see 6:14 in this video): Radio_v2, boot, recovery, system, userdata, microp, splash, wimax. I looked away after the first one came back OK, and when I looked again, it was back at the bootloader main screen (fastboot, recovery, clear storate, simlock, hboot usb). The video says that if it completes successfully that you should be able to hit volume up, and the phone will reboot. My phone didn't get to that point. I do not appear to be able to flash the given PC36IMG file again (it checks the file, then drops back to the main bootloader screen again.

Rebooting the phone goes back to the bootloader instantly. It appears that the unroot method has turned S-ON, and done nothing else.

Here is the information on that screen:

Supersonic EVT2-3 Ship S-on
hboot-0.93.0000
Microp-041f
Touch Panel-Atmel224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.11.19
Jul 23 2010,16:41:47

Important information: I can get into ClockworkMod Recovery (v5.0.2.2). I have a computer with an SD card reader, so I can get files onto the SD card easily. I believe I can flash ROMs from Clockwork. The only thing I tried to flash so far was the file that came in the unrooting post, but that failed because of the clockwork 3 switchover. My normal instinct in these situations would be to go find a new rom and flash away, but following my instinct got me into this situation, so now it's time to ask for help. My goal is to get the phone unrooted, on a stock sense rom. Any other information available on request. Help (and thanks in advance)!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Grumpwagon posted:

I'm attempting to relock my launch day EVO 4g to bring to a Sprint store to repair a touchscreen that registers phantom taps. I rooted it quite a while ago using, I believe, toastcfh's method. I'm on hboot 0.93. I attempted to follow the instructions in this thread. I assumed I was safe doing this because the thread is still active, and the OP is still answering questions.

I skipped the unrevoked forever instructions, since I haven't done that, transferred the linked file and attempted to flash it. It had 8 steps (see 6:14 in this video): Radio_v2, boot, recovery, system, userdata, microp, splash, wimax. I looked away after the first one came back OK, and when I looked again, it was back at the bootloader main screen (fastboot, recovery, clear storate, simlock, hboot usb). The video says that if it completes successfully that you should be able to hit volume up, and the phone will reboot. My phone didn't get to that point. I do not appear to be able to flash the given PC36IMG file again (it checks the file, then drops back to the main bootloader screen again.

Rebooting the phone goes back to the bootloader instantly. It appears that the unroot method has turned S-ON, and done nothing else.

hboot-0.93.0000
Microp-041f
Radio-2.15.00.11.19

Important information: I can get into ClockworkMod Recovery (v5.0.2.2). I have a computer with an SD card reader, so I can get files onto the SD card easily. I believe I can flash ROMs from Clockwork. The only thing I tried to flash so far was the file that came in the unrooting post, but that failed because of the clockwork 3 switchover. My normal instinct in these situations would be to go find a new rom and flash away, but following my instinct got me into this situation, so now it's time to ask for help. My goal is to get the phone unrooted, on a stock sense rom. Any other information available on request. Help (and thanks in advance)!
Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in but my initial guess is that you won't be able to flash a ROM because of S-ON. If you can do it despite that, flash a stock ROM. If you can't, get S-OFF, flash a stock ROM, then try to get S-OFF.

Again, just a guess and a general one at that but it's what my experience tells me you need to do.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Before I root my att sg2, should I update my firmware or H-BOOT or whatever it's called? Or would that do something bad?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in but my initial guess is that you won't be able to flash a ROM because of S-ON. If you can do it despite that, flash a stock ROM. If you can't, get S-OFF, flash a stock ROM, then try to get S-OFF.

Again, just a guess and a general one at that but it's what my experience tells me you need to do.

I attempted to flash this in ClockworkMod, and I'm getting the following error:

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img, "boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/supersonic_4.54.651.1.zip (Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I tried downloading the zip again, and got the same issue. I'm going to post this in the XDA thread and see what they have to say, but I wanted to see if anyone had seen this before.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Sprite141 posted:

Before I root my att sg2, should I update my firmware or H-BOOT or whatever it's called? Or would that do something bad?

Just follow the root instructions. The SGS2 doesn't have H-BOOT.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Has anybody rooted an Inspire lately? I've tried a couple different methods to do it but none of them seems to be working. SuperOneClick says everything goes just fine but every time I finish using it there's no root. Unrevoked doesn't support my phone. Is there any easy method of rooting the Inspire or am I gonna have to do everything manually via the tutorial for installing CM7?

Mark Larson
Dec 27, 2003

Interesting...

Sprite141 posted:

With rooting... when in doubt, never update the firmware. It never gets easier to root after an update, only harder.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

-Fish- posted:

Has anybody rooted an Inspire lately? I've tried a couple different methods to do it but none of them seems to be working. SuperOneClick says everything goes just fine but every time I finish using it there's no root. Unrevoked doesn't support my phone. Is there any easy method of rooting the Inspire or am I gonna have to do everything manually via the tutorial for installing CM7?

I used the ace hack kit in september to do mine. It was one of the 1st versions of ahk to do the goldcard generation internally rather than you having to use a website to gen a goldcard. Worked pefect for me, I have no clue what it would do good or bad for you though depending on what the other ones you've tried have already done.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=952352

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

My N1 occasionally just stops transferring data until I enable/disable airplane mode. Even though it has a Google connection nothing else works. Also it will drop from 5 bars to zero bars and then 10 seconds later go back up to 5 bars.

I'm wondering if I should try some different radios. Is there a good one for an AT&T N1, or should I just try a bunch to see if anything changes, or what's the deal?

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

Penguissimo posted:

IIRC, the default auto-brightness settings are for the AMOLED Inc, so if you have an SLCD phone, they'll end up being wacky (and generally too dark). You can edit the auto-brightness settings by going to Settings: CM Settings: Display: Automatic Backlight, ticking "Use Custom" under "Light levels", and then going to "Edit other levels". I have an SLCD Inc, and I've had good luck with these settings:

0-159: 40
160-224: 55
225-319: 70
320-639: 90
640-1279: 120
1280-2599: 150
2600-5799: 175
5800-7999: 200
8000-10239: 255
10240 and up: 255

The left-hand column is the ambient light value detected by the light sensor, and the right-hand column is the corresponding screen brightness. You may want to play around with the numbers in the right-hand column to suit your preferences, but you should know that the Inc's light sensor can only report ten discrete values (which are already accounted for in the left-hand column), so I wouldn't change anything there.

Just revisiting this - I've tried different settings for the 10 sensors settings, but the phone only seems to be reading the first setting (0-159). No matter what I set in the other fields, only the setting in that row changes. At the top of the menu it lists the sensors as 10/10 and the next line says screen: disabled. I think that may be why it's not checking the ambient sensors levels, but I can't find anything in the display menu that would set that. Screen dimming and timeout works properly, but the ambient sensor doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

grumperfish posted:

Just revisiting this - I've tried different settings for the 10 sensors settings, but the phone only seems to be reading the first setting (0-159). No matter what I set in the other fields, only the setting in that row changes. At the top of the menu it lists the sensors as 10/10 and the next line says screen: disabled. I think that may be why it's not checking the ambient sensors levels, but I can't find anything in the display menu that would set that. Screen dimming and timeout works properly, but the ambient sensor doesn't seem to be having any effect.

That's...bizarre. I've never seen that before; not really sure what to tell you. Are you running the stock CM kernel?

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Just your run-of-the-mill bathroom tile.
I'm on the HTC Inc running CM7, and I seem to have done something so that my lockscreen and lockscreen pattern are enabled, and I can't seem to turn them off via CM7's power widget in the notification bar or through Switch Pro, if I turn "Auto Lock Screen" off.

-"Disable lockscreen on security" is not checked.
-"Screen timeout" and "Screen turned off" delay are both set to "Immediately." Slide lock delay is disabled.

Can anyone help me out? My goal is to use my sweet WidgetLocker setup along with Unlock with Wifi, so that whenever I'm home or at work, I don't have to deal with unlocking/entering my code each time I want to use my phone. But as it is, I need to keep sliding/entering code, but I don't want to keep enabling/disabling these features in the menu.

edit: issue magically fixed itself, hurf durf

BathroomTile fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 18, 2011

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

Penguissimo posted:

That's...bizarre. I've never seen that before; not really sure what to tell you. Are you running the stock CM kernel?
As far as I know, yes. I didn't install a different kernel and the original owner said he never rooted the phone (I have no reason to doubt him on this). I'm just using manual brightness at the moment, and it's not really a big issue for me since I have the screen set to timeout in a short interval (with a delay on the lockscreen). I just thought it was strange that it wasn't reading the other levels.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I'm on Virtuous Affinity for my Desire Z and I have the strangest problem. Going through the notification bar to change my USB connection type doesn't work, sometimes it flashes to the thing I chose but then it just changes right back to the default one. The only way to change it is to change my default USB connection, clicking on "Ask Me Everytime" thing just disable USB all together.

On top of this, sometimes when I turn my computer off with Internet Pass Through enabled, the usb icon goes away but Internet Pass Through stays, I can't disable it and I can't access my normal plan data. It's definitely not the USB cable, I've tried several already.

Mejwell
Jun 5, 2004

Great!
I'm on an original HTC Incredible running stock Android 2.3.4. I've never attempted to root before, so as of right now I am S-ON. I'd like to get root access to be able to use a wireless tethering app for a new netbook toy, but greater internet searching and furious headscratching tells me that I'm currently SOL, because as of right now there's no way to get S-OFF on a phone updated to 2.3.4 that hasn't had it off before. However, all of the posts that I've found are months old. Am I screwed? Where should I be watching for updates on the situation if anything improves?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Mejwell posted:

I'm on an original HTC Incredible running stock Android 2.3.4. I've never attempted to root before, so as of right now I am S-ON. I'd like to get root access to be able to use a wireless tethering app for a new netbook toy, but greater internet searching and furious headscratching tells me that I'm currently SOL, because as of right now there's no way to get S-OFF on a phone updated to 2.3.4 that hasn't had it off before. However, all of the posts that I've found are months old. Am I screwed? Where should I be watching for updates on the situation if anything improves?
As far as I know, yes, you're screwed.

This should be somewhat of a lesson to anyone who knows what rooting is: Even if you don't presently need root, you should root as soon as you can just to ensure you can do so later if the need arises. Even if you don't want a custom ROM you can always use a stock rooted ROM but when something comes up and the exploit you could have used but didn't is closed, welp, should've jumped when you had the chance.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
I just got a Sensation, and while the hardware is truly excellent, the rom availability is kind of lovely. The XDA forum is a huge kangparty, with about 10 active Sense ROM's which all seem to be based off one another, MIUI that has several things non-functional (I use a2dp constantly), and a CM7 build that caused horrible battery drain.

I'm sticking with a Sense 3.5 rom with a horribly annoying set of boot animations (RCMix3d) because it has a percentage battery option, beats audio, and decent battery life, but I think at this point, my best bet is just to hold on a few months for an ICS rom.

If anyone else is on a sensation rom that they really like, I'd be happy to join you. I feel like I was kind of spoiled with my last couple phones (G2, MT4G), since almost every ROM I used on them was solid, especially CM7.

My wife's experience with a MT4G Slide is even worse, software-wise. The hardware is incredible, but it seems to be a wasteland with regard to software development. The sense camera app keeps her on sense roms, but the only roms available, seem to be based off the sense-lite distro that shipped with the phone, which is even lovely as far as sense goes.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I've got a Droid Incredible running CM7 and I keep getting force closes.

What generally seems to happen is that the network indicators switch to grey instead of green, indicating that the device isn't able to reach google's servers. Then Google Services Framework FCs, then a bunch of other google apps FC, then nearly everything I have installed and isn't even running FCs. The end state is a boot loop.

I've tried wiping Dalvik and repairing permissions but this usually doesn't work. This usually pops up after I perform a nandroid backup for some reason, so I usually just wind up reverting to the backup I made a few hours ago and things usually run smoothly. This time, I just tried changing the password on my main google account and that looks like it's cleared up the issues. Has anyone had anything similar? Aside from the backup, the only other thing I did was uninstall the leaked "ICS" Music app, so that I could install the new one that was just released off the Market.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Civil posted:

I'm sticking with a Sense 3.5 rom with a horribly annoying set of boot animations

You know you can change these right?

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

big mean giraffe posted:

You know you can change these right?

Oh, I know how to change them, I'm just usually flipping ROM's every few days with a new phone and I'm hoping to switch ROM's to something I like better before settling in and customizing this one.

Mark Larson
Dec 27, 2003

Interesting...

Civil posted:

I just got a Sensation, and while the hardware is truly excellent, the rom availability is kind of lovely.

I think this is the sad thing about Android development. As more and more devices come out, besting each other in specs every couple of months, the development community gets further and further fragmented.

When the N1 was THE phone to have, there was a lot of development on it. Same with the EVO4G in the US. But now, just in the last few months we've had so many desirable phones that its hard to attract developers to just one or two phones.

The Sensation was quite a beast when it came out, now its practically legacy.

I personally am using Sense-o-Maniac with the bricked 1.5 kernel but am not too happy with the battery life. It drops like a rock, even with Auto-sync disabled.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Civil posted:

I just got a Sensation, and while the hardware is truly excellent, the rom availability is kind of lovely. The XDA forum is a huge kangparty, with about 10 active Sense ROM's which all seem to be based off one another, MIUI that has several things non-functional (I use a2dp constantly), and a CM7 build that caused horrible battery drain.

I'm sticking with a Sense 3.5 rom with a horribly annoying set of boot animations (RCMix3d) because it has a percentage battery option, beats audio, and decent battery life, but I think at this point, my best bet is just to hold on a few months for an ICS rom.

If anyone else is on a sensation rom that they really like, I'd be happy to join you. I feel like I was kind of spoiled with my last couple phones (G2, MT4G), since almost every ROM I used on them was solid, especially CM7.

My wife's experience with a MT4G Slide is even worse, software-wise. The hardware is incredible, but it seems to be a wasteland with regard to software development. The sense camera app keeps her on sense roms, but the only roms available, seem to be based off the sense-lite distro that shipped with the phone, which is even lovely as far as sense goes.

CM7's been alright for me, save the odd bugs associated. Maybe I'll move back to a Sense ROM in a few days if I can be arsed to try and figure out a Spotify bug.

And yeah, it's pretty much a coin flip on whether your device will get a good dev community or not these days unless you buy a Nexus device where you won't have to worry. The Sensation's is about where I expected it to be since CM7 wasn't really ever going to get a full development effort with ICS right around the corner.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Grumpwagon posted:

hboot-0.93.0000
Microp-041f
Radio-2.15.00.11.19

Sounds like you borked the system partition data. Fear not, however. If a phone can get into the boot loader it is salvageable.

Search for an RUU for your evo (I'm working on the assumption you're using windows) and put the phone into fastboot.

Then plug your phone in and run the RUU and it will restore to a completely stock firmware.

(N.b. you'll have to install HTC sync before running the ruu to get the necessary drivers)

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

Experto Crede posted:

Sounds like you borked the system partition data. Fear not, however. If a phone can get into the boot loader it is salvageable.

Search for an RUU for your evo (I'm working on the assumption you're using windows) and put the phone into fastboot.

Then plug your phone in and run the RUU and it will restore to a completely stock firmware.

(N.b. you'll have to install HTC sync before running the ruu to get the necessary drivers)

I'm on Linux, but I have access to a Windows computer. This worked, thanks.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Does Verizon aggressively go after people for tethering more than they did before? I have an iPad WiFi from work and wanted to use my phone as an access point when I use it on the train, I know it's always been "do this at your own risk," but when I tethered my computer to my phone for a few days over the summer I was fine and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with it lately.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
A friend bricked his rooted HTC Incredible by booting into recovery while connected to the usb cable (apparently a no-no on that phone). The phone is S-ON, but recovery and main partitions are trashed, so I can't use adb/fastboot to flash a new recovery. I tried restoring back to factory by installing the PB31IMG.zip in HBOOT, but the phone still won't boot into anything but HBOOT. Verizon's telling him the phone is broken. Is this actually bricked, or can it be fixed somehow? Again, I can still get into the S-ON bootloader.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

blargle posted:

A friend bricked his rooted HTC Incredible by booting into recovery while connected to the usb cable (apparently a no-no on that phone). The phone is S-ON, but recovery and main partitions are trashed, so I can't use adb/fastboot to flash a new recovery. I tried restoring back to factory by installing the PB31IMG.zip in HBOOT, but the phone still won't boot into anything but HBOOT. Verizon's telling him the phone is broken. Is this actually bricked, or can it be fixed somehow? Again, I can still get into the S-ON bootloader.

If I were in that position, it'd be worth a shot to snag a full system RUU and try to flash it. Looks like this forum post has the file you need under where it says "RUU Method".

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I forget which thread it was in, but somebody posted about how cool it would be if you could focus the Evo3D's two cameras independently; e.g., use one for a closeup at the same time as taking a wide shot with the other. Personally, I'd be happy with the ability to pick which one to use for 2D, or have it automatic based on orientation -- only the top one is used for 2D by default, and that's cool when you're holding it vertically, but that exquisite machined-aluminum two-stage shutter button just begs you to turn it sideways like a real camera, and if you're used to SLRs you end up putting your support hand over the active lens (which is very near the top/left edge).

My roommate doesn't get my point here, her camera experience being mostly phones and low-end point-and-shoots, but surely one of you will sympathize. Is my idea possible, or is the Evo3D camera not opensource? (Judging from the myriad of aftermarket camera apps that can't even be arsed to recognize the harware shutter button, it's a longshot at best no matter what.)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm sure this has been asked/answered but I can't find it, so here goes:
I unlocked my evo3d through HTC's official process, then used superoneclick to root it. After that I installed wifi tether, but I cannot get any other device to connect to my phone, no matter if I use security on it or not, or if I change the SSID. Any idea how to diagnose the issue? The log does nothing useful for me.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

I couldn't get any version of wifitether to work on my rooted 3D but barnacle works fine.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Turnquiet posted:

I couldn't get any version of wifitether to work on my rooted 3D but barnacle works fine.

Awesome, thank you! Sadly, it's getting weird about WPA not working, so my kindle won't connect to it. I'll gently caress around with it for a while then ask for more help later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
You need to check "routing fix" in the Wifi tether options.