Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Skull Storm. Are there any metal bands with names that cool? It was a trick question, there's only one answer. (no)

My younger brother had a metal band at one point named Bonestorm. Pretty sure they just stole that from The Simpsons, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Zaphod42 posted:

"Your sound card works perfectly."

"It doesn't get any better than this!"

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
Someone completely missed the point of the brony enemies in Reelism. :ughh:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

erotic dad posted:

Someone completely missed the point of the brony enemies in Reelism. :ughh:

Yes, but what's his death animation?

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Does GZDoom have a way to bind a key to an individual weapon instead of a weapon slot, like impulse commands in Quake? Basically I'm sick of hitting "3" twice to pull out the pump shotty. Does Zandoor-whatever allow for it, because that might make me switch.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

catlord posted:

Knowing bronies, it's completely indestructible and lectures you about the complexities of children's cartoons about horses while raping you to death.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
That horse boss was actually done by one of the other Reelism developers as an example of how to add bosses in mods. I'm not sure why he chose to make it a giant horse with the Killing Floor patriarch's voice, but hey, it's not my mod. :v:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

catlord posted:

Reelism bosses don't have death animations. They just stand frozen in place and disappear while there are explosions and poo poo that prevents you from having a good look at what's happening.

Copper Vein posted:

Does GZDoom have a way to bind a key to an individual weapon instead of a weapon slot, like impulse commands in Quake? Basically I'm sick of hitting "3" twice to pull out the pump shotty. Does Zandoor-whatever allow for it, because that might make me switch.

Yeah, you can do stuff like "bind 8 "use shotgun"" or even editing the ini to change a weapon's normal slot.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Well, "use shotgun" doesn't seem to be a valid command, so it looks like I'm stuck with selecting slots. I can get what I want with the .ini, by changing the SSG to slot 8 and doublebinding 3 to slot 8; so, tap 3 for shotgun, doubletap 3 for SSG.

However, Brutal Doom fucks this all up by overwriting weapon slot 8 with the revenant launcher.

Copper Vein fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 20, 2013

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
So here's a test version of the next Reelism update. There's a couple more things I want to do with it, but I was sent a ton of changes so I figured why not? Lemme know if you spot anything especially bugged!

Weapons:
The SMGs are no longer selectable when they have no ammo, and the two-fisted version takes precedence over the original when switching weapons.
Thrown barrels don't become solid until you step away from them, to avoid getting stuck in them when throwing straight down.
The Explosive Shotgun has a proper pickup sprite!
Completely redid the radius-based instasquish system used by Tanks and JERKs.

Enemies:
Revenants now shoot their missiles a bit higher up, to emulate the original mechanism from Doom II.
Getting hit by a car during Birthday Party now has the expected explosive results.
Bosses become immortal when the player dies in single player mode.
Monsters no longer leave behind infinite goo when squished by the map.
Sectoid attack reworked: ~2-sec life, can hurt other aliens, can't hurt bosses but player psionics can.
Whoopsy's vomit will keep spraying out of its mouth instead of magically angling towards the target.
Fixed MacGuffin missing some boss-specific damage resistances.

Maps:
JRPGVille now has co-op starts (sorry!) and a visual fix to the boss room.
The detail toggle keybind now also turns off rain drops.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Well, at least people will hopefully add more slots and bosses to Reelism. It's just begging for something not a giant pony.

Since I'm too used to the gibs and corpses staying forever in Quake 1 Darkplaces, is there a way to force gibs to stay in Quake 2?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

JackMackerel posted:

Well, at least people will hopefully add more slots and bosses to Reelism. It's just begging for something not a giant pony.
Here ya go: Have a Reelism version of Korax from Hexen that some bright spark made.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iaby38
Type "pukename rigboss 11" into the console to guarantee you fight him.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The giant pony boss would be unironically hilarious if it just was completely harmless and died in one hit like the brony monsters.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Sounding like KF's patriarch is hilarious though, if only it also had the big nerdy specs and undead jorts too.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Devolver Digital has tweeted that Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is coming out today. No word on how much it'll cost.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Kins posted:

Enemies:
Revenants now shoot their missiles a bit higher up, to emulate the original mechanism from Doom II.

Wait... When do Revenants appear? Did I miss an update after the Valentine's Day release? :psyduck:

The Kins posted:

Sectoid attack reworked: ~2-sec life, can hurt other aliens, can't hurt bosses but player psionics can.

Thank you for making them vulnerable to their allies fire. It was pretty much a guaranteed lose if you got their reel during the Abridged stage.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Mak0rz posted:

Wait... When do Revenants appear? Did I miss an update after the Valentine's Day release? :psyduck:

Heeheehee

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A jackpot condition, then? I'm still not entirely sure of the scope of zaniness the jackpots produce and I'm supposed to provide a suggestion on a new one :argh:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Mak0rz posted:

A jackpot condition, then? I'm still not entirely sure of the scope of zaniness the jackpots produce and I'm supposed to provide a suggestion on a new one :argh:

If I recall correctly, if you roll the broken weapons reel and the hyperpower! reel, the power weapon is a portal to another dimension that causes mancubi and revenants to come streaming out of it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

horse mans posted:

If I recall correctly, if you roll the broken weapons reel and the hyperpower! reel, the power weapon is a portal to another dimension that causes mancubi and revenants to come streaming out of it.

Good loving Lord :stonk:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is Undying a short, sweet action-horror type thing or is it a little more involved and drawn out than that? I've had my eye on it for a while but I've never been able to tell wtf it actually is.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't know what is long or short for you, but is 12-13 hours long and is action-horror based. It has really short cutscenes, it handles like a late 90's FPS (fast movement) and has quite a lot of action. You have journal entries you can read to figure out but is the setting, enemies and actual shooting the game's actual strenght.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I wouldn't call it short but I haven't played it since I was much younger and it's hard to recall stuff like that without nostalgia interfering. It is definitely sweet and action-horror though. I remember when it was new I read a review where the player saw something in the mirror and turned around in his chair irl to look behind him, laughing at how stupid that was, and then basically doing the same drat thing when I actually played.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Here;s the teaser for the Steam release of Duke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn-cXPeGSf0

Besides multiplayer is there any reason to get this if I already play using eduke32?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Reive posted:

Here;s the teaser for the Steam release of Duke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn-cXPeGSf0

Besides multiplayer is there any reason to get this if I already play using eduke32?

What, no Penthouse Paradise TC?? :v:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Reive posted:

Yes, no polymer (just kidding). It'll come with steam workshop support wich will be awesome to install mods, maps and other stuff without hassle or messing with eDuke32's launcher. It's no big reason but to me multiplayer is a big poing over my GOG version as I don't use DukePlus or the HRP addon.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Guillermus posted:

Yes, no polymer (just kidding). It'll come with steam workshop support wich will be awesome to install mods, maps and other stuff without hassle or messing with eDuke32's launcher. It's no big reason but to me multiplayer is a big poing over my GOG version as I don't use DukePlus or the HRP addon.

I don't think it'll have Steam Workshop support right now, but it's something they're considering. Thy are working on making MP use Steam so that it'll be a lot easier to play MP than before.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
And Duke is out on Steam for just :10bux: (not including the discount currently running). Anyone given it a shot yet?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Aaronicon posted:

And Duke is out on Steam for just :10bux: (not including the discount currently running). Anyone given it a shot yet?

Yeah, it's pretty bare bones really, just an updated OpenGl renderer which looks largely the same as eDuke32 and no quicksaves. The sky textures aren't stretched properly and cut off quite strangely at the top. It also doesn't seem to start without Steam, contrary to whatever was said earlier in the thread.

Still, nice to have official copies of the expansion packs. Also the OpenGl renderer runs nice and smooth, unlike eDuke32.

(cross posted from the Steam thread where this post mysteriously ended up)

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
They also use some of their own hi-res stuff, specifically stuff in the HUD, menu backgrounds and fonts and their own rendering of the music.

They still use .def for texture swapping, so you could port the HRP project to this, although I'm not sure how much the assets for that need Polymer by now.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

So is this worth purchasing if you already own the GOG version?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

So is this worth purchasing if you already own the GOG version?

If they ever come out with working multiplayer, then yes.

I assumed the initial release would have it, which is pretty disappointing.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fallom posted:

If they ever come out with working multiplayer, then yes.

Alright then what if you're not interested in multiplayer? :v:

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

It's good and bad - bad because still no Duke multiplayer, but good because it means they're probably writing their own multiplayer system instead of using the old sync-code (at least I hope so) Eduke32's MP had a big fixup recently, it's still not done but it shouldn't be too long now. I just bought Megaton myself anyway, if only to have the add-on packs and another place to grab Duke incase my CDs fuckup and I lose my HD copy.

Just played a little bit of Duke Caribean. First impressions are that the menus are really polished and look pretty great, although you can't go full Classic mode and can only use the OpenGl renderer. They've resampled all the music which is pretty drat cool. I've looked at the game directory and you can actually just drop Eduke32 into the 'gameroot' directory and go from there without having to use Steam, which is pretty cool.

Jblade fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 20, 2013

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I bought it because I've never played the expansions. The beach one feels like some total conversion, it's silly.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
I just picked it up, but I'm getting unbelievably awful mouse lag. Is anyone else getting this?

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
So, any Jedi Knight fans have any knowledge of Jedi Knight: Enhanced? I'm trying to get it to work, but it absolutely refuses to cooperate with me. The best I can manage is the 8-bit version, which honestly looks like garbage with the 256-color textures. The 16-bit version causes all the models to stretch out uncontrollably, obscuring the entire screen to the point of total unplayability. I'd post on their forums, but there have been no posts since last October.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot. I have no idea.

EDIT: Apparently it's not an issue with JKE, or even the unofficial patch. The original .exe has the same issue when it's got 3D acceleration turned on. That's really weird.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 21, 2013

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

The best I can think to do is refer you here http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?56665-Jedi-Knight-issues

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SaucyLoggins posted:

I just picked it up, but I'm getting unbelievably awful mouse lag. Is anyone else getting this?

Yeah, if you have an Nvidia card then download Nvidia Inspector, create a new profile for the gam exe and limit it to 59fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Overbite posted:

I bought it because I've never played the expansions. The beach one feels like some total conversion, it's silly.
The beach one is the best, the DC one is pretty decent however it has huge sprawling levels (which is up to your taste to see if you like it or not) and the X-mas one is pretty poor quality from what I remember.